Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

It was unsavory really. There are many videos going around you tube which were taken by members of the crowd who were appalled by their own fans.

The bits that stick out for me was when the fans went for the stewards, it was pretty clear that one of the fans spat in the stewards face, also the lad that ragged the Cas mascot's head off and started kicking it round like a football.

These 'fans' need banning! embarrassing to think they are associated with the sport

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7094
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36131_1571835935.jpg
nosorożce biorą to w dupę:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36131.jpg

Quote: daveyz999 "It was unsavory really. There are many videos going around you tube which were taken by members of the crowd who were appalled by their own fans.

The bits that stick out for me was when the fans went for the stewards, it was pretty clear that one of the fans spat in the stewards face, also the lad that ragged the Cas mascot's head off and started kicking it round like a football.

These 'fans' need banning! embarrassing to think they are associated with the sport'"

Spitting is assault and if convicted can carry a prison term .

It's also disgusting

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "What it proved, if anything, is the utter idiocy of spending tens of thousands of pounds on dayglo "security" marshals surrounding the pitch looking like a set of garv

I'm not disagreeing with the tenet of your post, but maybe the math.
100 marshals x £6.50/hr x 5 hours = £3,250. Which is probably the equivalent cost of a couple of police for a day.
While, at the time, I wanted each aggressive Widnes fan to receive a good kicking, with hindsight it was diffused without too much bloodshed. Without sufficient numbers of lowly paid stewards or police it could have inflamed the situation further if they had tackled the morons & reduced numbers further. With video evidence now available the police can deal with the trouble makers at their leisure.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: tigertot "I'm not disagreeing with the tenet of your post, but maybe the math.
100 marshals x £6.50/hr x 5 hours

I'm not disagreeing with your post either, IMHO a "human barrier" will never stop even a half-hearted pitch invasion like this one, only fences (perish the very thought) could do that.

A police barrier is both OTT , completely unaffordable and unnecessary, and it is unfortunate that many are suggesting we need to change the whole ethos of viewing and policing all RL matches just because of the idiocy of a hundred or so Widnes drunken boneheaded knuckledraggers. We should be able to rely (as in 99.9% of cases we can rely) on RL fans not to behave like these Widnes scumbags. And of course the vast majority of Widnes fans are genuine RL fans not scumbags, it is just they seem to be the go-to club for scumbags at the moment, if what I read is accurate.

What saved this from being a major incident was the restraint of the Castleford fans. However that should not detract from the fact that the knuckledraggers were attempting to start a major incident. The trouble is that BECAUSE there was not a major incident, BECAUSE not many people got punched etc., each knuckledragger can have the same defence
* had a few too many sherbets
* he's normally a good bloke really
* didn't actually hit anybody
* wouldn't actually have done any fighting
* nobody died
* apart from running on a field and waving, he didn't really do much

All of which is basically true, even if it distorts the reality grotesquely, and means so far as any criminal cases are concerned we can expect very little by way of court penalties. If I ran the CPS, I would be looking at for once putting the controversial law of "joint enterprise" to a good instead of bad use, pick the worst thing that happened and then charge all of them with it. Like the mascot being punched, which must surely earn that knuckledragger some jail time. Or charge the lot of them with affray. But I'm not, and CPS won't.

So it is up to the game to sort the individuals out. I can't tell you how much I resent the thought of anyone going to see a RL match being terrorised (as many near the front of the Cas end must have been). RL's reputation as a rare sport where fans can get on is chipped away at by these vermin and I don't think a "deterrent" is needed, nor do i think anything would deter any other club's vermin-in-waiting, but i do think that the process of identifying these lot and giving each a lengthy ban from the game is about the best thing that can be done. The Widnes club will sadly be punished, because that's how it is, but they should take it out on each and every knuckledragger to the max permitted by law.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

I realise that only a very few actually threw a punch, but isn't there a charge of, 'actions likely to cause a breach of the peace'? If the whole episode was anything, it was that -at the [ivery[/i least. Though I guess the official punishment from the courts is the equivalent of a couple of 'hail Marys' and a promise not to do it again.

I suspect it will be down to the club to actually apply some sanctions; a few sine die bans maybe?

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: Bulliac "I realise that only a very few actually threw a punch, but isn't there a charge of, 'actions likely to cause a breach of the peace'? If the whole episode was anything, it was that -at the [ivery[/i least. Though I guess the official punishment from the courts is the equivalent of a couple of 'hail Marys' and a promise not to do it again.'"

Nail, head. Breach of the peace is about as trivial as offences get, the sort of thing that you get a binding over or a conditional discharge. It's what they did collectively, and tried to do, but there is no way CPS is going to do them for that, which is why apart from one or two the criminal consequences will be basically inconsequential.

Quote: Bulliac "I suspect it will be down to the club to actually apply some sanctions; a few sine die bans maybe?'"

It will. And to pay their own fines, sadly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "I'm not disagreeing with your post either, IMHO a "human barrier" will never stop even a half-hearted pitch invasion like this one, only fences (perish the very thought) could do that.

A police barrier is both OTT , completely unaffordable and unnecessary, and it is unfortunate that many are suggesting we need to change the whole ethos of viewing and policing all RL matches just because of the idiocy of a hundred or so Widnes drunken boneheaded knuckledraggers. We should be able to rely (as in 99.9% of cases we can rely) on RL fans not to behave like these Widnes scumbags. And of course the vast majority of Widnes fans are genuine RL fans not scumbags, it is just they seem to be the go-to club for scumbags at the moment, if what I read is accurate.

What saved this from being a major incident was the restraint of the Castleford fans. However that should not detract from the fact that the knuckledraggers were attempting to start a major incident. The trouble is that BECAUSE there was not a major incident, BECAUSE not many people got punched etc., each knuckledragger can have the same defence
* had a few too many sherbets
* he's normally a good bloke really
* didn't actually hit anybody
* wouldn't actually have done any fighting
* nobody died
* apart from running on a field and waving, he didn't really do much

All of which is basically true, even if it distorts the reality grotesquely, and means so far as any criminal cases are concerned we can expect very little by way of court penalties. If I ran the CPS, I would be looking at for once putting the controversial law of "joint enterprise" to a good instead of bad use, pick the worst thing that happened and then charge all of them with it. Like the mascot being punched, which must surely earn that knuckledragger some jail time. Or charge the lot of them with affray. But I'm not, and CPS won't.

So it is up to the game to sort the individuals out. I can't tell you how much I resent the thought of anyone going to see a RL match being terrorised (as many near the front of the Cas end must have been). RL's reputation as a rare sport where fans can get on is chipped away at by these vermin and I don't think a "deterrent" is needed, nor do i think anything would deter any other club's vermin-in-waiting, but i do think that the process of identifying these lot and giving each a lengthy ban from the game is about the best thing that can be done. The Widnes club will sadly be punished, because that's how it is, but they should take it out on each and every knuckledragger to the max permitted by law.'"

I think that about sums it up FA, I found the most disgusting scene was when the Mascot was attacked, and in that instant the thug who did it, not only attacked a defenceless person, but the concept of our sport to the junior supporters of the future...The club mascot is revered by youngsters and the status is one of identifying and belonging to the club. He therefore could not retaliate as to do so would have put the whole concept of the club in jeopardy. That cowardly act epitomised the knuckledragger mentality as you rightly describe them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7094
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36131_1571835935.jpg
nosorożce biorą to w dupę:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36131.jpg

Quote: Rarebreed "I think that about sums it up FA, I found the most disgusting scene was when the Mascot was attacked, and in that instant the thug who did it, not only attacked a defenceless person, but the concept of our sport to the junior supporters of the future...The club mascot is revered by youngsters and the status is one of identifying and belonging to the club. He therefore could not retaliate as to do so would have put the whole concept of the club in jeopardy. That cowardly act epitomised the knuckledragger mentality as you rightly describe them.'"

Yes that scrawny little ginger tw@ deserved a right kicking.

I hope the cops smash his mum's front door off it's hinges when they go to arrest him and then charge him with riot.

Obviously that's a bit unlikely but if they are able to charge him with anything I hope they come to arrest him at work so he gets the sack.

RankPostsTeam
International Star142No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bullseye "I was really gutted for the Cas fans to have their moment of glory tarnished by the Widnes morons.

The culprits should all get a life ban from all RL games.'"

That seems OK, but can we afford to ban fans? The game is going south, with long a's.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

Quote: Lovesauce "That seems OK, but can we afford to ban fans? The game is going south, with long a's.'"

We can if we're seen to be making a big enough noise about doing it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
55103_1395287909.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_55103.jpg

Quote: Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza "Yes that scrawny little ginger tw@ deserved a right kicking.

I hope the cops smash his mum's front door off it's hinges when they go to arrest him and then charge him with riot.
'"

Never know they they might smash his Mums back door in.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif

Quote: Lovesauce "That seems OK, but can we afford to ban fans? ..'"

I presume you're being humorous in some strange way but you'll have to explain it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1149
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Lovesauce "That seems OK, but can we afford to ban fans? The game is going south, with long a's.'"

The game cannot afford not to.

While I don't have any official numbers to support it (and I am sure the current financial squeeze is a major factor) - but looking at the crowd at Odsal on Sunday compared to the glory days there seems to me to be far fewer families going to games now, and if the cost of the tickets doesn't prevent them going to games - the thought of having to put up with idiots like the ones at Wheldon Rd will.

So I would support the firmest possible action against the nutters

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: Northernrelic "The game cannot afford not to.

While I don't have any official numbers to support it (and I am sure the current financial squeeze is a major factor) - but looking at the crowd at Odsal on Sunday compared to the glory days there seems to me to be far fewer families going to games now, and if the cost of the tickets doesn't prevent them going to games - the thought of having to put up with idiots like the ones at Wheldon Rd will.

So I would support the firmest possible action against the nutters'"

The LSV is in Wheldon Road?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: Northernrelic "The game cannot afford not to.

So I would support the firmest possible action against the nutters'"

Well, geographical faux pas aside, the sentiments are pretty much spot on.

Going back to the point about families, when I was a a kid we tended to follow our parents in going to matches, whereas today it seems that it's the kids who drive the activities, with parents running their offspring here, there and everywhere to follow [itheir[/i interests. The club needs the same kind of push it got when Peter Deakin came, and whilst it's definitely true to say that Peter Deakins don't grow on trees, we maybe need to be more youth oriented to attract them back?

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
8m
Shareholders Meeting
Khlav Kalash
8m