JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Answer these simple questions please, Mr Dweeb? Since you must be very well acquainted with all the particulars of what happened, I would expect you will have the numbers readily available if not commited to memory?

1 - At the date BBH was placed in Administration (26/6/12), how much of the 2012 Sky/central funding allocation had been paid by the RFL to BBH over and above what BBH was due to receive anyway on a monthly basis up to 26/6/12?

2 - How much did the RFL pay to to Joint Administrators of BBH in the nine and a half weeks weeks between 26/6/12 and 31/8/12, the date OKB took over the business?

3 - If the RFL had paid more to BBH up to 26/6/12 than was due on a normal monthly basis (see Question 1), why was that excess - which will have been an advance agaist future payments, and therefore a creditor in the books of BBH - not recorded as a creditor in the list of creditors prepared by the Joint Administrators?

4 - What (if anything) was the value of [Sky money/central funding due to a SL club for 2012] less [amounts paid to BBH prior to 26/6/12] less [amounts paid to the Joint Administrators 26/6/12-31/8/12]?

5 - If the answer to 4 was > nil, what happened to that residual amount?

6 - You state the RFL paid Fees charged by the Joint Administrators. How much did they pay, and when? And why is there no reference to any such payments in the Joint Administrators' filings at Companies House?

7 - Please state, for the avoidance of doubt, how much the RFL paid to BBH, BBH (in Administration), The Joint Administrators for fees, any other parties directly where BBH (in Administration) would otherwise have been responsible and OKB (if anything) for the 2012 funding season (which I think runs from the previous November?).

8 - Please state how much more the value in 7 was than the funding due to a SL club for the 2012 funding season?

9 - Please compare that value with the c.£1.3m confiscated from OKB and BBNL, and explain the justification for the retention by the RFL of any difference.

I'll just check out my copies of all the documents filed at Companies House and/or issued to creditors while you put your answers together, so we can cross-reference where necessary.

Thnaks in anticipation.'"

You haven't actually said what you hold the RFL responsible for.....perhaps you'd care to explain just how much of all this is their fault, and clarify exactly what you think they should have done, balancing this against what they actually did do.

Perhaps you could also expand on where you think Bradford Bulls would be if the RFL had not loaned the club £700,000, or funded the club when the financial mess hit home, or funded it when OK walked away.

Do tell.

RankPostsTeam
International Star748
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LeagueDweeb "You haven't actually said what you hold the RFL responsible for.....perhaps you'd care to explain just how much of all this is their fault, and clarify exactly what you think they should have done, balancing this against what they actually did do.

Perhaps you could also expand on where you think Bradford Bulls would be if the RFL had not loaned the club £700,000, or funded the club when the financial mess hit home, or funded it when OK walked away.

Do tell.'"

Perhaps if you answer Adey's 9 direct questions he may comment on your 2.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: LeagueDweeb "The RFL is not a creditor of any club with regard to distribution of Sky money, hence why it does not appear as such on any financial statements.'"

Why?

If any of the annual central distribution of funds is paid in advance to a club, under normal accounting and tax rules that would surely be an advance and therefore repayable? Are you telling us that the RFL does not include that provision in its agreement with the SL clubs? Would that not make the RFL board grossly negligent, in putting the RFL in a position of advancing money to a club with no legal right to recover such advances?

Quote: LeagueDweeb "The RFL funded BB Holdings prior to the company being placed in administration. '"

Indeed it did. As it did every other SL club. although I presume you mean "partially-funded", since BBH had the usual other commercial income streams as well.

But you will not answer my question, which was "by how mch more than what a SL club would have been due to receive anyway?". Without knowing that value, we can have no way of judging what you allege.

Quote: LeagueDweeb "This was done with the agreement of the other Super League clubs, the caveat being that this support would be redeemed from any future central funding. Hence the OK Bulls not receiving what ordinarily would have been distributed had there been no assistance to BB Holdings.'"

Since you appear to be acknowledging that the amount to be withheld from OKB was to be any excess that the RFL paid to BBH (and, I presume, BBH (in Administration), although you appear to be getting a bit confused with your responses), then again without answering my earlier questions we can have no way of judging what you allege.

But your answer indicates quite clearly that an agreement was reached with other SL clubs, PRIOR to BBH entering administration, that a sum of money (value unclear) WOULD be deducted from the central funding provided to a subsequent purchaser of the business. So I have further questions for you here

See my answers above. You appear now to be narrowing the period in question down to that between early March 2012 and 26 June 2012. Again, we need to know the amount the RFL paid to BBH that was in excess of what it would have paid anyway, since that would appear to comprise a big part of what the RFL subsequently sought to recover through the central allocation confiscation. We are talking maybe around 15 weeks here? And, in that time, BBH received c.£500k from the "Pledge to Survive" campaign, plus gate receipts and such of the other commercial income streams as continued. The directors after the Hood regime was evicted seem not to have paid HMRC (or few others, for that matter) anything much at all - as is clear from the creditors list attached to the Statement of Affairs - so it seems unlikley that there can have been a material funding requirement over that period, over and above the funds already available to BBH. Not sustainable long-term, obviously, but over that 15 weeks very hard to envisage it amounting to anything more than a fraction of the total confiscation?

And anyway, as I noted above, surely a competant and responsible RFL board would have ensured that any such additional funding was clearly defined as loans, in advance of future funding, and therefore would rank as a creditor in the event of insolvency? Indeed, surely they would have retained their ealier Charge on the assets, or put in place a new one? Surely you are not suggesting gross financial negligence by the RFL board?

Quote: LeagueDweeb "I think you will find the reply is that it was not any of them. Who did pay the substantial bill for P%A Partnership, if as you appear to believe, it was not the RFL?'"

First hints of a straw man there? I merely observe that there seems to be no reference to the Joint Administrators being paid any fees for their work directly by any third party. Having a fair amount of experience in corporate insolvency, I am au fait with how Administrators have to propose what fees they are seeking to draw, and the means by which they will be paid.

Let's cut to the chase here. In their report dated 9/7/13, the Joint Administrators stated that their costs to date (and a totally utterly scandalous amount, in my view) were £349k. OF WHICH £133K HAD BEEN PAID BY THAT DATE - OUT OF THE ADMINISTRATION ACCOUNT. When you read the abstract or receipts and payments, it seems that amount was recovered out of the receipt for the sale of the assets (virtually all intangible) to OKB.

Oh, and the report states that the Joint Administrators' remuneration would be limited to that £133k.

I would invite you to comment?

Quote: LeagueDweeb "It would seem that some Bradford Bulls fans have trodden the same path as Mark Moore followed the same path as Stephen Coulby before him in blaming the RFL for the problems created by the directors and owners of the various operating companies behind the club.'"

Indeed that may be the case. But it has no relevance to the allegations you made, and to the questions I asked of you earlier this evening so we could better consider what you had alleged.

Quote: LeagueDweeb "To clarify, I am unable to quote exact figures as they are subject to commercially confidential agreements.'"

Indeed? So, let me get this right? You can make grand, sweeping statements - parts of which look to be little short of absurd (let alone disingenuous) to those of us with even a little understanding of such matters - but are unwilling to provide anything whatsoever to back up your allegations?

Not even broad generalisations of numbers, to support your broad generalisation allegations?

Well I feel sure our readers are quite capable of forming their own conclusions from that?

Oh, but funnily enough not every number I asked for IS subject to any commercial confidentiality agreement. You walked into the trap I set for you there. One of those numbers - the Joint Administrators' fees - I have already quoted from public record. Here is another one for the period from 26/6/12:

"Advance from the Rugby Football League - £381,278".

More detail about the nature and timing of this (it was received in instalments), how it arose, its relationship to payment of wages, and - in particular, that it was an advance of "Central distribution monies due to the Company" - is set out in the report. Maybe I should post the full text of the report on here? I suspect it would be quite interesting for many of our readers.

So we do actually KNOW one of the numbers I asked you for, but which you declined to provide.

Given RFL central funding was around £110k/month, as I recall, then it is certainly clear that the RFL DID advance more than the normal monthly funding over the Administration period. Although part of that was tied up with the Neonrain bid - so those trolls and others who consistently stated that the club had received more than it was due from the RFL over the Administration period were correct (sorry to say, fellow Bulls fans). I'd presume by about £160k?

But I struggle to establish any relationship between these sort of numbers, and the c. £1.3m confiscated from future owners.

Surely, without resorting to specific numbers but remaining in broad generalities, you can provide something to back up your allegation that the c. £1.3m confiscation was to recover what the RFL had had to pay out?

Because, if you cannot, then I am afraid the conclusion would be quite clear? Would it not?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

And it is also a fact that the moneys retained by the RFL were actually shared amongst other clubs.

In fact, there was a vote held by the clubs to determne how the money was to be handled. Some on this forum actually know how the votes were cast.

I am getting the impression that given the posters inability to resight even common knowledge, the said individual is either a troll trying to cause a stir (thanks mat) or someone from the governing body attempting to make the RFL smell like roses.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: LeagueDweeb "You haven't actually said what you hold the RFL responsible for.....perhaps you'd care to explain just how much of all this is their fault, and clarify exactly what you think they should have done, balancing this against what they actually did do.

Do tell.'"

You started this argument with your allegation about why the RFL confiscated the c.£1.3m from future, blameless owners of the club. That confiscation has clearly been instrumental in getting to the present awful situation and, as I have stated, with reasons, was a totally absurd decision IMO. To be better able to judge what the alternatives open to the RFL were, and therefore the extent to which such a seemingly absurd action could be at least partly explained and understood, I asked you for some facts. You declined to give them.

Even so, I will give some answer to yours. What should the RFL have done? Easy. Made every set of club owners (NOT directors - it was the fact that the Bulls' directors were NOT its majority owners that was a major cause of all this in the first place) put up a bond to cover the likely amount of creditors in the event of insolvency. And a separate bond, realisable quickly, to be enforced should material HMRC default arise. And to have done this years ago - at the start of SL, even, when the riches of the Sky money descended and clubs were supposed to use it to clear debts - not when a club is teetering on the brink. The horse has long bolted by then.

Now, can we have some answers from YOU please?

You keep trying to widen your argument out into areas that were not part of your original allegation. The questions you ask are entirely reasonable, but are of little relevance to the matter at hand. Can we stick to the subject of your allegation, please?

But I WILL make ONE point in response to your wider question "where you think Bradford Bulls would be if the RFL had not loaned the club £700,000" - I suspect probably still BBH, probably restructured and with a lower cost base, with the Hood regime long gone, but if not then the subject of a far far smaller insolvency than subsequently arose. And none of the damage done by the war between Caisley and Hood.

The action of RFL, in making the secret loans to the club and then taking the stadium in settlement, in the view of many made a bad situation far, far worse.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Do tell.'"

They'd have gone into administration somewhere between September and December 2011. The RFL wouldn't have seized the ground lease and £500k of supporters money wouldn't have been lost to no effect. I've had it confirmed by a rugby league journalist and someone close to Gary Getherington that the loan plus ground lease 'purchase' incensed the clubs and led them to vote for the new owner to be punished by keeping half the Sky money and sharing it between them.

Had the RFL not lent Peter Hood the money within weeks of giving the club a Grade B license, had they ordered an audit or an extraordinary meeting of the shareholders to raise capital, or indeed any combination thereof, there is probability that the club would still own the lease, the new owner wouldn't have been punished to the tune of £1.3 million and the club wouldn't be where it is in the first relegation season for years.

It was a bizarre decision, which only came out when the great 'Odsal vulture circling lie' was being told to cover what was essentially asset seizure.

The RFL are not the root cause of this fiasco but they have made it considerably and probably irreparably worse. They certainly lied about the Odsal purchase and likely lied again in respect of their role in the second administration.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3184
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.:

Do tell.'"

Wait! I know this one....
Oh yes, I answered it in December

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg

Nice, that came back in handy.

And I completely agree!

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Why?

If any of the annual central distribution of funds is paid in advance to a club, under normal accounting and tax rules that would surely be an advance and therefore repayable? Are you telling us that the RFL does not include that provision in its agreement with the SL clubs? Would that not make the RFL board grossly negligent, in putting the RFL in a position of advancing money to a club with no legal right to recover such advances?

Quote: Adeybull "I'm sure the RFL would seek to recoup Sky money if, for example a club refused to appear in a Sky broadcast. Given the OK was required to give a personal guarantee for repayment should a further insolvency event occur, I'd suggest that an insolvency event in isolation does not require repayment. I'd suggest it was highly prudent of the RFL to protect the money advanced to OK Bulls, given the value of Bradford Bulls to the competition'"

Indeed it did. As it did every other SL club. although I presume you mean "partially-funded", since BBH had the usual other commercial income streams as well.

Quote: Adeybull "The usual commercial income streams? The club took all it's gate money in advance through the cheap season ticket deals. It was back filling debts, hence why cash flow became the issue that it did.'"

But you will not answer my question, which was "by how mch more than what a SL club would have been due to receive anyway?". Without knowing that value, we can have no way of judging what you allege.

Quote: Adeybull "I'd suggest the clue is the back filling of debts due to practically all gate money being taken in advance, and the level of money withheld from OK Bulls. '"

Since you appear to be acknowledging that the amount to be withheld from OKB was to be any excess that the RFL paid to BBH (and, I presume, BBH (in Administration), although you appear to be getting a bit confused with your responses), then again without answering my earlier questions we can have no way of judging what you allege.

Quote: Adeybull "There is no confusion. The RFL funded BB Holdings for at least six months. BB Holdings went into admin istration because the RFL could no longer continue to fund the club'"

But your answer indicates quite clearly that an agreement was reached with other SL clubs, PRIOR to BBH entering administration, that a sum of money (value unclear) WOULD be deducted from the central funding provided to a subsequent purchaser of the business. So I have further questions for you hereWhy would it be included? The administrators job was to sell the assets. Any notification reduction of funding would and did come from the RFL as a condition of a licence being granted to the successful bidder and PRIOR to any asset sale and licence transfer taking place. The administrators & the RFL had separate but complimentary roles.'"

2 - When was OK made aware of this impediment? And, if it was not immediately upon his registering an interest then why not?

Quote: Adeybull "OK would hve been informed during discussions with the RFL. Remember, as shown during this recent take over, acceptance of an offer by the administrator for the assets is a pre-cursor to the RFL undertaking due diligence and detailing terms of licence grant. The administrator does not distribute Sky money.'"

See my answers above. You appear now to be narrowing the period in question down to that between early March 2012 and 26 June 2012. Again, we need to know the amount the RFL paid to BBH that was in excess of what it would have paid anyway, since that would appear to comprise a big part of what the RFL subsequently sought to recover through the central allocation confiscation. We are talking maybe around 15 weeks here? And, in that time, BBH received c.£500k from the "Pledge to Survive" campaign, plus gate receipts and such of the other commercial income streams as continued. The directors after the Hood regime was evicted seem not to have paid HMRC (or few others, for that matter) anything much at all - as is clear from the creditors list attached to the Statement of Affairs - so it seems unlikley that there can have been a material funding requirement over that period, over and above the funds already available to BBH. Not sustainable long-term, obviously, but over that 15 weeks very hard to envisage it amounting to anything more than a fraction of the total confiscation?

Quote: Adeybull "I haven't narrowed any period down. If you'd care to check back I previously mention the RFL funding BB Holdings for some 6 months. See my above point regarding the bulk of gate income being taken in advance, and let's not forget at a heavily discounted rate, and the back filling of debts, as highlighted by the need to loan £700k and sell the lease. You would have to ask the directors where all the money went & why the operating costs of the business were so high that creditors could not be paid & begging bowls had to come out.'"

And anyway, as I noted above, surely a competant and responsible RFL board would have ensured that any such additional funding was clearly defined as loans, in advance of future funding, and therefore would rank as a creditor in the event of insolvency? Indeed, surely they would have retained their ealier Charge on the assets, or put in place a new one? Surely you are not suggesting gross financial negligence by the RFL board?

Quote: Adeybull "The money advanced was not a loan to BBH. The directors and shareholders made it clear they were unable to fund the business. The RFL, with agreement from the other SL clubs had to step in. In order that one club would receive no greater level of funding than another, it was agreed that any future owner would be issued a licence on the basis that money advanced to BBH was withheld from future central distribution. It's not negligence to ensure money is recouped. The only other option was to allow BBH to be liquidated without any input from the RFL.'"

First hints of a straw man there? I merely observe that there seems to be no reference to the Joint Administrators being paid any fees for their work directly by any third party. Having a fair amount of experience in corporate insolvency, I am au fait with how Administrators have to propose what fees they are seeking to draw, and the means by which they will be paid.

Let's cut to the chase here. In their report dated 9/7/13, the Joint Administrators stated that their costs to date (and a totally utterly scandalous amount, in my view) were £349k. OF WHICH £133K HAD BEEN PAID BY THAT DATE - OUT OF THE ADMINISTRATION ACCOUNT. When you read the abstract or receipts and payments, it seems that amount was recovered out of the receipt for the sale of the assets (virtually all intangible) to OKB.

Quote: Adeybull "If you would care to check, you'll find that P&A lodged a charge against OK Bulls in September 2012, which was not discharged until 3 October 2013. I'd suggest you take into account the very close relationship between Chris Caisley & Brendan Guilfoyle regarding some of the formatting & information discrepancies you seem to think exist in reports released.'"

Oh, and the report states that the Joint Administrators' remuneration would be limited to that £133k.

I would invite you to comment?

Quote: Adeybull "See above. You seem to think the money paid by OKB, £150 paid the £133k final amount to P&A. If that is the case, what did P7A hold a charge for, and where did that money go? if not to P&A?'"

Indeed that may be the case. But it has no relevance to the allegations you made, and to the questions I asked of you earlier this evening so we could better consider what you had alleged.

Indeed? So, let me get this right? You can make grand, sweeping statements - parts of which look to be little short of absurd (let alone disingenuous) to those of us with even a little understanding of such matters - but are unwilling to provide anything whatsoever to back up your allegations?

Quote: Adeybull "And you have provided what exactly?'"

Not even broad generalisations of numbers, to support your broad generalisation allegations?

Well I feel sure our readers are quite capable of forming their own conclusions from that?

Quote: Adeybull "Well, it is a matter of record that BBH directors stated the club was losing £100,000 a month & needed £1m to reach the end of the year.'"

Oh, but funnily enough not every number I asked for IS subject to any commercial confidentiality agreement. You walked into the trap I set for you there. One of those numbers - the Joint Administrators' fees - I have already quoted from public record. Here is another one for the period from 26/6/12And I've already dealt with that.'"

"Advance from the Rugby Football League - £381,278".

More detail about the nature and timing of this (it was received in instalments), how it arose, its relationship to payment of wages, and - in particular, that it was an advance of "Central distribution monies due to the Company" - is set out in the report. Maybe I should post the full text of the report on here? I suspect it would be quite interesting for many of our readers.

So we do actually KNOW one of the numbers I asked you for, but which you declined to provide.

Quote: Adeybull "The clue is in the term, 'advance central distribution monies' Not 2012 monies.'"

Given RFL central funding was around £110k/month, as I recall, then it is certainly clear that the RFL DID advance more than the normal monthly funding over the Administration period. Although part of that was tied up with the Neonrain bid - so those trolls and others who consistently stated that the club had received more than it was due from the RFL over the Administration period were correct (sorry to say, fellow Bulls fans). I'd presume by about £160k?

But I struggle to establish any relationship between these sort of numbers, and the c. £1.3m confiscated from future owners.

Quote: Adeybull "Perhaps you ought to consider how the club continued to trade prior to administration? The administrators report would not include monies not paid to him'"

Surely, without resorting to specific numbers but remaining in broad generalities, you can provide something to back up your allegation that the c. £1.3m confiscation was to recover what the RFL had had to pay out?

Because, if you cannot, then I am afraid the conclusion would be quite clear? Would it not?

Quote: Adeybull "Your conclusion appears to be that you believe the RFL advanced the sum of circa £300k via the administrator and that no further assistance was granted to BBH prior to administration, Consequently you believe some £1m was withheld from future distribution for no reason other than some form of punishment for the advance of circa £300k, The RFL should take up payday lending with those sort of interest charges!!'"

'"

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Not a single direct answer. Just a load of waffle that does precisely nothing to justify the confiscation.

I provided facts. Or deductions which could be either proved by or refuted by facts provided in answer to my questions. Mr Dweeb declined to provide any facts though.

The bit about the P&A charge on OKB is not relevant, as it clearly relates to ensuring the purchase consideration was paid. The Joint Administrators' progress report makes clear there was a dispute over payment of the final part of that, which was not resolved till a long time afterwards - a subject that has been raised on here anyway in the past.

He alludes for the first time to the "close relationship" between Caisley and Guilfoyle, and seems to be suggesting some kind of collusion and factual inaccuracies in the latter's reports? Now I bow to no one over concern over Caisley's actions over the whole period, as regular readers will be very much aware. So I would be very interested indeed in any facts in this regard that Mr Dweeb may wish to share with us. Unfortunately, all we have is vague allusions. And anyway, since Caisley was never a director over the period, why would this be relevant to securing advances of money off the RFL?

Mr Dweeb's allegation seems to amount to the RFL having advanced far more money to BBH than has been recorded or stated anywhere, without any kind of security, and that money was lost when BBH went into administration. Yet, should this be the case, he has advanced no proof whatsoever of it nor do any facts in the public domain support the allegation. He seems completely unable to back up his allegation.

I would be tempted to leave it at that. But, since he seems to feel so strongly about something he seems unable or unwilling to back up with facts, I guess you have to wonder if there is something else he is not saying that May be relevant?

Now the only other monies we KNOW we're paid to BBH by the RFL were for the purchase of the Odsal lease. At a "commercial value", which gave about another £1/2 m to BBH after the loans were repaid. Is he suggesting that maybe this was other than a transaction at commercial value? And that it was some part of THESE monies that the RFL was seeking to recover? Yes or no please, Mr Dweeb so we can either consider or discount this possibility?

Now if, perchance, he IS alluding to this, then there are some significant implications. Firstly, that the positions of those at the RFL who agreed to the transactions would clearly be totally untenable? Surely the confiscation was not engineered just to allow some officials to keep their jobs?

But secondly, if the confiscation WAS perchance to recover the money paid for the Odsal lease? Then once the confiscation period is complete then the Odsal lease should revert to the owners of the club, who will effectively have paid to buy back the lease through the confiscation of Central funding?

Now surely this is all too improbable to have any basis in fact? Yet Mr Dweeb has advanced no other plausible justification. So, frankly, I remain very puzzled indeed as to why he should have made the allegation.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg

Was thinking the same re his figues to make up the 1.3 million, but instantly discounted it as this would mean the RFL would have eventually charged the new owners for the lease, yet the RFL would still be the leaseowner (surely not!)

The posters failure to provide any detals of figures or proof to back up his claims is hurting his argument. The poster beleives that of the confiscated money taken from the Bulls, the full amount went straight back to the RFL. We all know this was not the case, as the money was shared out between the other SL clubs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: daveyz999 "And it is also a fact that the moneys retained by the RFL were actually shared amongst other clubs.

In fact, there was a vote held by the clubs to determne how the money was to be handled. Some on this forum actually know how the votes were cast.

I am getting the impression that given the posters inability to resight even common knowledge, the said individual is either a troll trying to cause a stir (thanks mat) or someone from the governing body attempting to make the RFL smell like roses.'"

So in essence you are saying that because the RFL advanced circa £300k to P&A, there was a punishment of £1m which was distributed among the other Super league clubs?

Any evidence of this being the case? Or is it just another chip on the shoulder urban myth?

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Highlander "Wait! I know this one....
Oh yes, I answered it in December

So it's all the RFL's fault for digging one of the biggest names in the game out of a hole? They should have said no & let Bradford Bulls disappear? Because that is what would have happened.

Imagine the reaction if the RFL had not acted as they did and it became public.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Not a single direct answer. Just a load of waffle that does precisely nothing to justify the confiscation.

Quote: Adeybull "I have provided you with reasons, you simply choose to ignore them because it doesn't fit the pre-conception fixed in your mind that it's all the RFL's fault.'"

I provided facts. Or deductions which could be either proved by or refuted by facts provided in answer to my questions. Mr Dweeb declined to provide any facts though.

Quote: Adeybull "You haven't provided facts, you've proffered an opinion based on a fixed view.'"

The bit about the P&A charge on OKB is not relevant, as it clearly relates to ensuring the purchase consideration was paid. The Joint Administrators' progress report makes clear there was a dispute over payment of the final part of that, which was not resolved till a long time afterwards - a subject that has been raised on here anyway in the past.

Quote: Adeybull "It's entirely relevant. You've said the fees were limited to £133k and were paid from the money deposited in the administration account by OKB. How much was deposited in the administrator account? It was far more than £133k and a large sum was paid in several months after the takeover. Where did those funds go, if not to P&A? No creditors were paid a penny remember.'"

He alludes for the first time to the "close relationship" between Caisley and Guilfoyle, and seems to be suggesting some kind of collusion and factual inaccuracies in the latter's reports? Now I bow to no one over concern over Caisley's actions over the whole period, as regular readers will be very much aware. So I would be very interested indeed in any facts in this regard that Mr Dweeb may wish to share with us. Unfortunately, all we have is vague allusions. And anyway, since Caisley was never a director over the period, why would this be relevant to securing advances of money off the RFL?

Quote: Adeybull "Perhaps the threat of immediate liquidation by Guilfoyle is something you may wish to consider?'"

Mr Dweeb's allegation seems to amount to the RFL having advanced far more money to BBH than has been recorded or stated anywhere, without any kind of security, and that money was lost when BBH went into administration. Yet, should this be the case, he has advanced no proof whatsoever of it nor do any facts in the public domain support the allegation. He seems completely unable to back up his allegation.

Quote: Adeybull "No security was required because it was clear the money would not be repaid by BBH. The RFL had the security of being able to balance the books by withholding future monies.'"

I would be tempted to leave it at that. But, since he seems to feel so strongly about something he seems unable or unwilling to back up with facts, I guess you have to wonder if there is something else he is not saying that May be relevant?

Now the only other monies we KNOW we're paid to BBH by the RFL were for the purchase of the Odsal lease. At a "commercial value", which gave about another £1/2 m to BBH after the loans were repaid. Is he suggesting that maybe this was other than a transaction at commercial value? And that it was some part of THESE monies that the RFL was seeking to recover? Yes or no please, Mr Dweeb so we can either consider or discount this possibility?

Quote: Adeybull "Perhaps BBH failed to pay the lease once that deal was completed?'"

Now if, perchance, he IS alluding to this, then there are some significant implications. Firstly, that the positions of those at the RFL who agreed to the transactions would clearly be totally untenable? Surely the confiscation was not engineered just to allow some officials to keep their jobs?

Quote: Adeybull "Oh dear, it's all the RFL isn't it?'"

But secondly, if the confiscation WAS perchance to recover the money paid for the Odsal lease? Then once the confiscation period is complete then the Odsal lease should revert to the owners of the club, who will effectively have paid to buy back the lease through the confiscation of Central funding?

Quote: Adeybull "You've simply added the circa £300k to the lease figure and come up with 5.'"

Now surely this is all too improbable to have any basis in fact? Yet Mr Dweeb has advanced no other plausible justification. So, frankly, I remain very puzzled indeed as to why he should have made the allegation.

Quote: Adeybull "As opposed to your allegation that it's all the RFL's fault Bradford Bulls are currently in.for the position they are? Had the RFL not loaned the £700k and then bought the lease, there would be no club. The requirement for loans shows the level of indebtedness the company faced, and the unwillingness of the directors & shareholders to cover those debts, this despite their business model being the reason why the club was in such a position. But it's all the RFL's fault. it shouldn't have stepped in when it did. If it had just stayed away, everything would be fine.'"

'"

RankPostsTeam
International Star3534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LeagueDweeb "So it's all the RFL's fault for digging one of the biggest names in the game out of a hole? They should have said no & let Bradford Bulls disappear? Because that is what would have happened.

Imagine the reaction if the RFL had not acted as they did and it became public.'"

G'day Blake

596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.001953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
batleyrhino
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
Freddie Mill
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
batleyrhino
10s
Film game
Boss Hog
12s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
27s
Fev H Play Off
Marvin Goola
29s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
36s
Leigh it is
moto748
49s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
1m
Shopping list for 2025
WIZEB
2m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
3m
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Benny Profan
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RoyBoy29
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
rubber ducki
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,534 80,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22