JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: exiledbull "True. I cant see the club being P/T really. I am upbeat. There is new hope with the new club. Drawing from the Administrators report the last management of the Bulls was woeful even pitiful. I, probably like many, can look forward to the new owners finding players and making announcements that will bring a healthy, successful club to the city.

Bulls supporters are not quitters, No it wont be easy but its all now quite exiting. I am glad and happy the haters are disappointed I believe everyone is in agreement that we should wait and see what the new owners say before making further judgment. What is more concerning is that there are rumblings that they may use some of the previous management team in their set up. As has been pointed out by the administrators these people are seriously not fit for purpose. So a question for all Bulls fans is this, would you be happy to take back any of the previous management (Rohan excepted) or do you think there should be a full clear out?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4540
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19767.jpg
:19767.jpg

Quote: el red "I believe everyone is in agreement that we should wait and see what the new owners say before making further judgment. What is more concerning is that there are rumblings that they may use some of the previous management team in their set up. As has been pointed out by the administrators these people are seriously not fit for purpose. So a question for all Bulls fans is this, would you be happy to take back any of the previous management (Rohan excepted) or do you think there should be a full clear out?'"

It's tricky.

I think its high time we saw the back of Stuart Duffy - just too much 'previous' for him to ever really be trusted by the fans.

On the other hand, given the short time scales etc, there is a case for having some continuity. So maybe there are some people who it would be prudent to keep on. But as for who, I really couldn't say as I don't really know who still works in the back office

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

Not knowing the responsibilities of specific individuals it's not for me to name names but my preference is for new brooms to sweep as clean as possible. I don't think it's as important to the restoration of the brand as just having a club but I suspect sadly it's probably a thing. The more of those who remain affiliated with the choices of the past the longer the toxicity of the brand remains.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

I'm confident the new regime will opt for their own staff.

Previous owners came in with no knowledge of what was required to run a club, and therefore relied on the experience of people whom were already employed. The new owners are a consortium, and if we are to believe rumours, have a decent Rugby League backing. As a result, I expect them to put in place their own team.

Given the NZ links (apparently....), I wouldn't be surprised if they call upon RHP to oversee some of the immediate jobs. I don't think he flourished under Green and part of me wants him to prove that he can be successful.

I still think there are a number of surprises around the corner. I'll feel a little more at ease when I see the list of names associated with the consortium.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2143
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4583-27sowhat-msnicons.gif
Hope without planning is about as futile as waiting for a harvest without planting ------------------------------------- THE FIRST THING TO MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE,IS TO WAKE UP:icons3ae4_files/4583-27sowhat-msnicons.gif

Quote: daveyz999 "I'm confident the new regime will opt for their own staff.

Previous owners came in with no knowledge of what was required to run a club, and therefore relied on the experience of people whom were already employed. The new owners are a consortium, and if we are to believe rumours, have a decent Rugby League backing. As a result, I expect them to put in place their own team.

Given the NZ links (apparently....), I wouldn't be surprised if they call upon RHP to oversee some of the immediate jobs. I don't think he flourished under Green and part of me wants him to prove that he can be successful.

I still think there are a number of surprises around the corner. I'll feel a little more at ease when I see the list of names associated with the consortium.'"

RHP? At £75 grand a year,and the rest ? I don't think so.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cassandra "RHP? At £75 grand a year,and the rest ? I don't think so.'"

How do you know how much Robbie was on or are you just guessing

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5280
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hopeful that we can get the coaching and academy staff back in place as to how it was before liquidation.

It's going to be important going forwards and we want to limit the disruption as little as possible.

Hopefully we have kept hold of the recent first team graduates (Ryan, Lumb, Oakes, Kirk, Ricketts, Pickersgill, Trueman and I think Wilkinson) because they'll be real important for us these next few seasons. Hopefully we don't have to recruit a load more juniors and those that we highly thought of below last seasons first team graduates will be banging at the door soon enough. (Scott, Brown etc)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3171
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.:

Duffy is the only high profile management level staff left - so he's the only one needing a decision on

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15035
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21910.gif
[u:b26ka63j][size=150:b26ka63j][color=black:b26ka63j][b:b26ka63j]I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. [/b:b26ka63j][/color:b26ka63j][/size:b26ka63j][/u:b26ka63j] [size=117:b26ka63j]Michael Jordan[/size:b26ka63j]:21910.gif

Quote: roofaldo2 "Well, this group who've taken over the Bulls are the hand picked of the RFL.

The RFL said that which ever bid was successful, they would have to provide plans and funding to ensure 3 years of rugby at Bradford.

However, several players are still unhappy that they know no more than the general public and are still officially unemployed.

You'd think the RFL would have more concern over player welfare than is currently been shown. Especially if this whole endeavour goes tits up as the RFL will be left holding the bag with more than egg on their face'"

The remaining players are unemployed the RFL have no right to be telling them anything.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5443
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
788_1290880131.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_788.gif

Quote: KCNBABT "I've spent too many years on the inside...

'"

What were you in for?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15035
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21910.gif
[u:b26ka63j][size=150:b26ka63j][color=black:b26ka63j][b:b26ka63j]I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. [/b:b26ka63j][/color:b26ka63j][/size:b26ka63j][/u:b26ka63j] [size=117:b26ka63j]Michael Jordan[/size:b26ka63j]:21910.gif

Quote: Geoff "What were you in for?'"

a010.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1323No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Geoff "What were you in for?'"

Fraud.

RankPostsTeam
International Star249
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have been digging around a bit and put the following snips into date order. I have assumed the press reports to be accurate on the ID of the new owners.

It has been suggested that this is the bid favoured by the RFL and rejected by the Adminstrator.

I am concerned but like many on here - nothing I can do about it. Particularly do not like the para lifted from a NZ newspaper site from 05/01/2013 and the links with Nigel Wood - sounds like dangerous cronyism at work to me... Can't stand the bloke and how he operates.

I have tried to be upbeat and failed - but we have an owner, a few players and a charismatic coach so I will buy a season ticket in support of Rohan and the remainder of the squad. Read on..

01/01/2009 Director Vinnie Weir demonstrated the concerns of a growing anti-Chalmers faction when he told the Sunday Star-Times he would demand a full financial statement at that meeting from Chalmers after claims the NZ league was more than $1m in debt.

06/2009 Harvest Pro, a Silverdale-based company, run by two directors – Zane Cleaver and former NZ Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers – was contracted to do a pre-harvest survey. The company produced an inventory and it is understood that on the basis of that report and advice from a company in Whangarei, the Council (now Auckland Council) decided to proceed to harvest even though the trees were still relatively young.

05/01/2013 Former Kiwis coach Graham Lowe is involved in a bid by racehorse owner Marwan Koukash to take control of financially troubled Super League club Salford.
Lowe has flown over from New Zealand at the request of Koukash, who has spent the last week negotiating to buy the City Reds.
He is also working closely with former New Zealand Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers and Ed Farish, a former finance officer of Australia's National Rugby League.
Both are associates of Rugby Football League chief executive Nigel Wood, who has helped broker talks with both long-serving Salford chairman John Wilkinson and Salford City Stadium owners Peel Holdings and Salford Council.

02/05/2014 Harvest Pro ceased trading last year, owing more than $25 million to creditors, although the joint venture was not listed as one of the 150 unsecured creditors.

31/01/2015 New Zealand league legend Graham Lowe's former recruitment company has been put into liquidation owing Inland Revenue almost $1 million.

Now a reminder of how these two are supposed to measure up having passed the criteria stipulated by their mate;

* Three-year budget forecast and proof of funds
* Details of the experience the relevant individuals have of running rugby league or other sports clubs
* Proposals relating to the recruitment of sufficient staff in order to be ready to start the 2017 season on time and whether the playing squad will be full or part-time;
* Completed Fit and Proper Person forms for relevant people;
* Confirmation that the directors/shareholders of the new company are prepared to provide personal guarantees to support their assurances that the club will complete its fixtures in 2017, 2018 and 2019
* If those fixtures are not completed then all central distributions paid in that season will be repaid by the club or directors/shareholders
* Proposals relating to an Academy
* Proposals relating to fans who bought season tickets for Bradford Bulls
* Proposals relating to the ‘RL debts’ money owed by Bradford Bulls at the time of the administration, which will be about £50,000.

Hope this turns out to be better than I think it will.

RankPostsTeam
International Star362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Errol Stock "I have been digging around a bit and put the following snips into date order. I have assumed the press reports to be accurate on the ID of the new owners.

It has been suggested that this is the bid favoured by the RFL and rejected by the Adminstrator.

I am concerned but like many on here - nothing I can do about it. Particularly do not like the para lifted from a NZ newspaper site from 05/01/2013 and the links with Nigel Wood - sounds like dangerous cronyism at work to me... Can't stand the bloke and how he operates.

I have tried to be upbeat and failed - but we have an owner, a few players and a charismatic coach so I will buy a season ticket in support of Rohan and the remainder of the squad. Read on..

01/01/2009 Director Vinnie Weir demonstrated the concerns of a growing anti-Chalmers faction when he told the Sunday Star-Times he would demand a full financial statement at that meeting from Chalmers after claims the NZ league was more than $1m in debt.

06/2009 Harvest Pro, a Silverdale-based company, run by two directors – Zane Cleaver and former NZ Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers – was contracted to do a pre-harvest survey. The company produced an inventory and it is understood that on the basis of that report and advice from a company in Whangarei, the Council (now Auckland Council) decided to proceed to harvest even though the trees were still relatively young.

05/01/2013 Former Kiwis coach Graham Lowe is involved in a bid by racehorse owner Marwan Koukash to take control of financially troubled Super League club Salford.
Lowe has flown over from New Zealand at the request of Koukash, who has spent the last week negotiating to buy the City Reds.
He is also working closely with former New Zealand Rugby League chairman Andrew Chalmers and Ed Farish, a former finance officer of Australia's National Rugby League.
Both are associates of Rugby Football League chief executive Nigel Wood, who has helped broker talks with both long-serving Salford chairman John Wilkinson and Salford City Stadium owners Peel Holdings and Salford Council.

02/05/2014 Harvest Pro ceased trading last year, owing more than $25 million to creditors, although the joint venture was not listed as one of the 150 unsecured creditors.

31/01/2015 New Zealand league legend Graham Lowe's former recruitment company has been put into liquidation owing Inland Revenue almost $1 million.

Now a reminder of how these two are supposed to measure up having passed the criteria stipulated by their mate;

* Details of the experience the relevant individuals have of running rugby league or other sports clubs
* Proposals relating to the recruitment of sufficient staff in order to be ready to start the 2017 season on time and whether the playing squad will be full or part-time;
* Confirmation that the directors/shareholders of the new company are prepared to provide personal guarantees to support their assurances that the club will complete its fixtures in 2017, 2018 and 2019
* If those fixtures are not completed then all central distributions paid in that season will be repaid by the club or directors/shareholders
* Proposals relating to the ‘RL debts’ money owed by Bradford Bulls at the time of the administration, which will be about £50,000.

Hope this turns out to be better than I think it will.'"

A great piece of work and really hammers home how corrupt this process has been. Nigel Wood gives the Bradford 'licence' to his mate and just expects everyone to swallow it. I give the Bradford fans more credit than that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain143No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Errol Stock "I have been digging around a bit and put the following snips into date order. I have assumed the press reports to be accurate on the ID of the new owners.

Hope this turns out to be better than I think it will.'"

It won't get any better. Administration in a year awaits with more local businesses ripped off.

96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.595703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m