May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: HamsterChops "OK, I've only just got around to reading about this forum properly. I am frankly amazed that so many people are thinking it was largely positive. Sure a couple of good things to come out of it (academy set ups for example), but also some bad (season ticket prices being frozen is ridiculous), but largely it's more of the usual suggestion that things are happening that they haven't backed up yet. In some cases (franchise) they won't have to back it up for years yet.

It seems like another of those forums where everyone falls in love with the person doing the speech and thinks he comes across really well, only to later realise they've bought a timeshare in the bermuda triangle using their entire life savings. Perhaps that's because I wasn't there to stare into his gorgeous eyes while he told me he wanted my wallet.'"

I don't get the anger in season ticket prices being frozen. They're only £15 more expensive than Keighleys? Also regarding the franchise comment, we are in L1 and the rebuilding process will take years?

As Bullseye said they're the happy clappers and "the fans forum was A breath of fresh air" twaddle.

My take on it there was some positive stuff in it. There were specifics like shirts will be available in November. An online shop. Hes told us the foundations that will be in place that we can build from, like reserves, academy etc and the specific plans he has for them. He mentioned the plans we have for a squad and how we are going to go about recruitment. Isnt that what people wanted?

I am in no way saying we have a great future under Chalmers. Ive no idea. As Bullseye said it could get to January and there is a cock-up with the shirts, no online shop, and we have a cr@p squad. But as the forum goes and the PLANS Chalmers mentioned they sound positive IF they are put into action. Thats the key.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

Quote: mat "This. Until we know number of games its hard to say whether season tickets are overpriced or not. Should be remembered that a lot of costs club has will stay same with a saving on first team playing budget being offset by increased costs for enlarged academy. All other costs will be broadly same irrespective of dropping down a league.

One interesting thing they stated was that our central funding next year will be £150k. This is the funding we would have got this year as lowest funding level in championship but we're dropping down a level so surely our central funding should be £75k which is central funding all championship 1 clubs get?. Is the level of championshiop 1 funding increasing next year? (or an expanded 14 team championship with us on lowest funding level :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Agree with you there BullMania. For me personally everything that happens from now until Christmas is key. If he can deliver on the likes of Kit, Coach, Signings and even something small like being able to make card payments then it will be positive for me.

Also let's not forget next year will be our first 'proper' year for this new club. The first time we will have facilities for the start, a proper pre-season, business structure etc since the liquidation. And hopefully (finger's crossed) no more 'punishment' or 'criteria' from the RFL.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: ruraljuror "Up until the launch of Super Dooper league many teams could have been classed as 'hybrid' (Wigan being a notable exception). It seemed to work okay back in those days (or do I need to remove my rose tinted spectacles..?)'"

If I can correct your post: Up until the launch of Super Dooper league ALL teams could have been classed as 'hybrid' (Wigan being a notable exception).

It worked because everyone was the same and I'm actually not certain that even Wigan didn't still have the odd part-timer. You're also missing the point that ALL our competition will be part time, so, at worst, it just nullifies some of our advantage. Though, if you'd sat through the vast majority of our games this season you'd be wondering just what the advantage was. icon_cool.gif

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9488
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: herr rigsby "So from weeks and weeks of " it can never work" to well actually there are 2 clubs already working that way ?

Do you ever actually read what you type ?'"

Sorry I were poking fun at what your owners have you believing. You think Fev and Fax's "full time" players are actually off training during the day? Their "full time" players are doing work in the community with their wages been made up by government grants. I would be amazed if Bradford do any different or if it worked if they did, they seem to be just glossing over the what looks like the step down to part time.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2050
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28029_1671444168.jpg
Don't think i'm biased... ...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28029.jpg

Don't think he mentioned specific cist of ST other than they were being kept at current rates... to me this could mean £10 per game (which is what they were this year based on 15 home games).

If we have 14 home games they could be £140. I reckon that's why they are holding off until September to launch them.

QUOTE | REPLY
mat
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9553
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Nothus "I think the central funding is paid out based on where you finished at the end of the [iprevious[/i season. So we get the funding for finishing 14th in championship, whoever ends up finishing in 4th in championship (for example) will have their central funding based on a 4th placed finish in 2017.'"

Doesn't work like that for clubs getting relegated/promoted. On that logic we would have got 1.65 million funding our first season in championship as 12th placed team in previous years SL. Also it was mentioned at start of year that it was worth an extra 75k central funding to Whitehaven if they took our place in this years championship as they would have received our 150k funding and we would have received their 75k funding in championship 1 ( although RFL would probably have taken the 75k off us too even in championship 1).

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain661
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74465_1472906125.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74465.jpg

Quote: HamsterChops "OK, I've only just got around to reading about this forum properly. I am frankly amazed that so many people are thinking it was largely positive. Sure a couple of good things to come out of it (academy set ups for example), but also some bad (season ticket prices being frozen is ridiculous), but largely it's more of the usual suggestion that things are happening that they haven't backed up yet. In some cases (franchise) they won't have to back it up for years yet.

It seems like another of those forums where everyone falls in love with the person doing the speech and thinks he comes across really well, only to later realise they've bought a timeshare in the bermuda triangle using their entire life savings. Perhaps that's because I wasn't there to stare into his gorgeous eyes while he told me he wanted my wallet.'"

Thank god its not just me that thought that.
Look into my eyes - you are feeling sleepy - the future is bright

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain661
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74465_1472906125.jpg

Quote: Bullseye "Some things I'll be looking to see sorted before I buy a season ticket.

1. A reasonable squad being assembled that is a credible promotion challenger.

[del2. Online shop up and running before Xmas.

3. End to spelling mistakes in media releases[/del.'"

2. Winning more games than we lose
3. Players putting 100% effort in - irrespective of whether they are involved in the court case
4. Less school boy errors on the pitch

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain661
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74465_1472906125.jpg

Quote: Block5Bull "So at this stage, what do you actually want? .............. what does good look like to you at this stage?'"

Well, since you're asking me personally......

I want a brand new house
On an episode of Cribs
And a bathroom I can play baseball in
And a king size tub big enough
For ten plus me

I'll need a credit card that's got no limit
And a big black jet with a bedroom in it
Gonna join the mile high club at thirty-seven thousand feet

I want a new tour bus full of old guitars
My own star on Hollywood Boulevard
Somewhere between Cher and James Dean is fine for me

I'm gonna trade this life for fortune and fame
I'd even cut my hair and change my name

'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
In the VIP with the movie stars
Every good gold digger's gonna wind up there
Every Playboy Bunny with her bleached blond hair, and well

Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar

I wanna be great like Elvis without the tassels
Hire eight body guards that love to beat up assholes
Sign a couple autographs so I can eat my meals for free

I'm gonna dress my ass with the latest fashion
Get a front door key to the Playboy mansion
Gonna date a fold that loves to blow my money for me

Well you did ask

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Quote: Smack him Jimmy "Well, since you're asking me personally......

I want a brand new house
On an episode of Cribs
And a bathroom I can play baseball in
And a king size tub big enough
For ten plus me

I'll need a credit card that's got no limit
And a big black jet with a bedroom in it
Gonna join the mile high club at thirty-seven thousand feet

I want a new tour bus full of old guitars
My own star on Hollywood Boulevard
Somewhere between Cher and James Dean is fine for me

I'm gonna trade this life for fortune and fame
I'd even cut my hair and change my name

'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
In the VIP with the movie stars
Every good gold digger's gonna wind up there
Every Playboy Bunny with her bleached blond hair, and well

I wanna be great like Elvis without the tassels
Hire eight body guards that love to beat up assholes
Sign a couple autographs so I can eat my meals for free

I'm gonna dress my ass with the latest fashion
Get a front door key to the Playboy mansion
Gonna date a fold that loves to blow my money for me

Well you did ask'"

Is it bad that I sand along straight away and it made me laugh way more than it should have!!

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain661
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74465_1472906125.jpg

Quote: Block5Bull "So at this stage, what do you actually want? What's your manifesto, given the current situation and not just referencing how things have been done badly before, for reviving the Bradford Bulls?

*Disclaimer, I'm one of their 3,000 as I've been going too long to stop now and I enjoy going and supporting my team regardless. I accept that leaves me open to criticism. But to me the AC pitch tonight sounds like pretty much what a business plan to fix and rebuild things would look like for anyone other than a billionaire.

Obviously it' got to be delivered against, but again, what does good look like to you at this stage?'"

Now my serious response;

1. I dont have a manifesto - I'm a fan not a phuqqin politician

2. I've supported Bradford Bulls since the early Steaming Pig days and I've been through thick and thin with them and I never doubted my loyalty until last Xmas when I chose to spend more time checking on my clubs plight than I spent talking to my family - and the penny dropped - my mood is linked to the performance of my beloved Bulls - the worse they do - the more of a I become - and thats just not fair on those around me - so I've decided to cut the red amber & black umbilical cord. If anyone wants to criticise me for not buying a season ticket, then so be it; sorry but my family come first now. I'll always be a Bradford fan till I die; and I'll have my lucky Northern scarf draped over my coffin - but life is too short, and family is more important than sport.
Based on our life experiences we all have different views / tipping points / thresholds - if you're feeling positive about AC's speech - good for you - but I'm not you - it's my choice whether I think AC is the saviour or just another scheming businessman who wants my hard earned cash

3.What did I want from AC?? A surprise package that would guarantee us back in SL by 2019! You did ask. - Ok I set my sights unrealistically too high - but how many of us on here were really hoping for a surprise announcement at that forum, a billionaire owner, or reinstatement of points deduction, or a few hundred thousand found down the back of the Bulls sofa, a handful of superstar players signed by Mr Lowe, etc etc

Are you any happier now?

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain661
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74465_1472906125.jpg

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Is it bad that I sand along straight away and it made me laugh way more than it should have!!'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif It was meant to

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
International Star1795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54218_1349939535.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54218.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Are the owners of your club really make all these plans on the back of something that may or may not happen? Did they say who all your reserve grade teams would be playing? I mean you can only play Hull and Halifax so many times without either a - Getting bored or b - Hull stealing anyone who is any good. I also think your owners are playing you with the hybrid system and dressing it up rather than saying they are going part time, I give it a month in to the new season before you really understand what a hybrid system is(FWIW Fev and Fax run a hybrid full and part time system they just dont dress it up like that).'"

I seem to recall F@cks Reserves playing Saints Reserves and beating them, yes by one point but more importantly, beating them the F@cks way. Bit like a Stoke in your face and your gonads V Arsenal pass the ball into the goal please game.

Amateur cynicism, SPIT.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain661
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74465_1472906125.jpg

Quote: billypop "Jeez, I always pictured you as Nobby's twin brother, as per your avatar.
So which famous person does Bullseye most closely resemble? icon_cool.gif

QUOTE | REPLY
222 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
222 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.75634765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Accounts
the fax in a
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
Recent
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
Recent
Remember in 2017
Cokey
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Wigan Bull
Recent
Barrow
FOREVERTRIN
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
31s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35s
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
37s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NickyKiss
51s
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
54s
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
1m
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
1m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
1m
Tom Johnstone
Trojan Horse
1m
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Barrow
FOREVERTRIN
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Crosswire
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
ducknumber1
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..

Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!

POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,328 80,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20