FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Bradford Bulls > NO confidence in RFL!
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

So in a nutshell - Akhbars want to buy bradford and pay off all their debts, but only with the assurance that the RFL will guarantee the Bulls a SL license for the next 2 years?!

the RFL will now retreat to the redhall base and flip a coin (or however they tend to make these important decisions!) - i suggest a heavily weighted black,red & amber coin at that.

Not only that but the RFL will pay Bradfords way with wages until the next deadline (which should not have been extended in the 1st place!)

The whole system is a complete shamables and i dont even think that the RFL have a rule book written for such situations - which is why nobody in the whole of the RL community knows what the hell is really going on!

This situtation has brought our game into the national eye in newspapers and online sites, and all it has done is tarnish the great sport that is RL!

how are clubs supposed to convince big sponsors to come on board with RL when the governing body doesnt know its @rse from its tit!

this goes way back and is emmbarrasing!

i dont think that the bulls are out of the water just yet, and if they do go into liquidation they should follow the route of the welchies and be dropped to champ 1, regardless of 'fan base'

...... i was feeling a touch sorry for you Bulls lot, but after the special treatment that the RFL are now clearly giving you, im not!

would the RFL jump in like this to aid Salford, Wakey, Cas, Hull KR, Hudds, or any of their other members in the Championship/1?!! course not!

if the Asians dont front up the cash you should have to start again from the bottom. and i cant bloody wait!

and an afterthought for you all - if the bulls go into liquidation thus writing off all their existing debts (many £'s owed to HMRC) this money used to fund the NHS. How many nurses will have to be cut next time around?! i understand this is a simplistic way of looking at it, but in essence the money that will not get paid out by the Bulls would have been used to fund doctors, nurses, police, firefighters etc.......

.....and many say - carry on Bradford, just because they have won the SL in the last ten years and have afew 'fans'

to anyone that thinks Bradford should continue in SL even after liquidation.....

....get a grip & grow some morals!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1604
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11062.gif
A casual stroll throught the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.:11062.gif

Quote: SIMMSFAXTEDDY "*snip*'"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

HTH

a050.gif a046.gif a026.gif k020.gif
Quote: SIMMSFAXTEDDY "*snip*'"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

HTH

a050.gif a046.gif a026.gif k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star748
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The PLAYERS salaries are the issue. SIMMSFAXTEDDY says " if you are underperforming at work".
If those wage earners efforts in the last few weeks are classed as underperformance I'm glad he/she is not my line manager.
How many posts do we need before some people realise it's an ADVANCE OF SKY MONEY DUE of a few days. It's been done before not just by the Bulls and it will be done again
Whatever happens the franchising system needs to be completely revamped.For a start every applicant should be compelled to produce statements from HMRC and their bank in confidence to the RFL/SL auditors.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4538
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19767.jpg
:19767.jpg

I'd love to see SIMMSFAXTEDDY turn up at training and tell Mr Elima or Mr Manuofakoa that.....

Quote: "you were underperforming at work for the last few weeks'"

icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
37307.jpg
:37307.jpg

guess its just SIMMSFAX now? with the TEDDY being thrown so far from the pram.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach622No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43905_1329497203.jpg
[b:9xjt9d7c][size=100:9xjt9d7c][u:9xjt9d7c]THE MIGHTY BLACK & WHITES [/b:9xjt9d7c][/u:9xjt9d7c] HULL'S ONLY CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS IN THE LAST [u:9xjt9d7c]"THREE DECADES" ! [/u:9xjt9d7c][/size:9xjt9d7c]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43905.jpg

Quote: Bob Dylan's Hat "It's all a little rich coming from a fan of GatesHull.'"

[sizeMEANING ?[/size

RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

As a Leeds fan looking in I really don't see a problem at all. I am sure that if the same situation happened to another club the RFL would have no choice but to afford them the same treatment.

It isn't the RFL paying the wages they are being advanced money Bradford were due anyway.
Can't see a problem with extending the deadline either. If bulls go into liquidation I am guessing that not all the creditors will be paid in full anyway so if a interested buyer is willing to pay all the debts off what's the problem? It's worth waiting and giving them a chance to do this, the worst that would happen is they get liquidated anyway if it doesn't work, may as well give it a shot to pay bills in full.

As an aside Akbars taking over could be a good thing for the game in general. ( also would improve my match day visits! Beer and good curry!) there is surley a vast untapped talent pool in the Asian community. Don't know what you guys feel but having successful Asian owners/role models may get rugby league into the communities more effectively and unearth some good talent that might not have come into RL? Just a thought

RankPostsTeam
International Star43No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SIMMSFAXTEDDY "So in a nutshell - Akhbars want to buy bradford and pay off all their debts, but only with the assurance that the RFL will guarantee the Bulls a SL license for the next 2 years?!

the RFL will now retreat to the redhall base and flip a coin (or however they tend to make these important decisions!) - i suggest a heavily weighted black,red & amber coin at that.

Not only that but the RFL will pay Bradfords way with wages until the next deadline (which should not have been extended in the 1st place!)

The whole system is a complete shamables and i dont even think that the RFL have a rule book written for such situations - which is why nobody in the whole of the RL community knows what the hell is really going on!

This situtation has brought our game into the national eye in newspapers and online sites, and all it has done is tarnish the great sport that is RL!

how are clubs supposed to convince big sponsors to come on board with RL when the governing body doesnt know its @rse from its tit!

this goes way back and is emmbarrasing!

i dont think that the bulls are out of the water just yet, and if they do go into liquidation they should follow the route of the welchies and be dropped to champ 1, regardless of 'fan base'

...... i was feeling a touch sorry for you Bulls lot, but after the special treatment that the RFL are now clearly giving you, im not!

would the RFL jump in like this to aid Salford, Wakey, Cas, Hull KR, Hudds, or any of their other members in the Championship/1?!! course not!

if the Asians dont front up the cash you should have to start again from the bottom. and i cant bloody wait!

and an afterthought for you all - if the bulls go into liquidation thus writing off all their existing debts (many £'s owed to HMRC) this money used to fund the NHS. How many nurses will have to be cut next time around?! i understand this is a simplistic way of looking at it, but in essence the money that will not get paid out by the Bulls would have been used to fund doctors, nurses, police, firefighters etc.......

.....and many say - carry on Bradford, just because they have won the SL in the last ten years and have afew 'fans'

to anyone that thinks Bradford should continue in SL even after liquidation.....

....get a grip & grow some morals!'"

Have you ever considered learning English? I'm suggesting it because that way people might be able to read and understand your stuff, even if it's not actually worth the effort.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
37307.jpg
:37307.jpg

Quote: colt-45 "[sizeMEANING ?[/size'"

I guess he's refering to the help Hull got in 1999, rightly or wrongly;

rlhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/rugby_league/news/459986.stmrl

Hull Sharks and Gateshead Thunder have announced their intention to join forces for next year's Super League season.
The announcement from Hull owner David Lloyd came four hours after Sheffield Eagles and Huddersfield Giants proposed a similar plan.
It also arrived shortly before a Super League cash sweetener for merging clubs is reduced by £250,000 at midnight on Thursday.
Until then a £1.25m bonus from television money is available.
The Sharks are deeply in debt, and after the merger a club with Hull's name is likely to play in the division from which they escaped relegation, the Northern Ford Premiership.

rlhttp://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/gateshead-fold-as-league--agrees-merger-741473.htmlrl

Andrew Whitelam, a Super League spokesman, saidhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateshead_Thunderrl

Gateshead Thunder claimed to have lost £700,000 during their one year in existence and on Monday 15 November 1999 the board announced they would merge the club with Hull Sharks, accepting a £1.25 million fee from Super League Europe to do so. The Association of Premiership Clubs blocked proposals for the newly merged company to enter a separate Hull-based team in the Northern Ford Premiership [1] and so the new club would be called Hull and play all its home games in Hull. This was widely seen as a takeover simply to allow Hull to remain in Super League.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Bullnorthern "The PLAYERS salaries are the issue. SIMMSFAXTEDDY says " if you are underperforming at work".
If those wage earners efforts in the last few weeks are classed as underperformance I'm glad he/she is not my line manager.
How many posts do we need before some people realise it's an ADVANCE OF SKY MONEY DUE of a few days. It's been done before not just by the Bulls and it will be done again
Whatever happens the franchising system needs to be completely revamped.For a start every applicant should be compelled to produce statements from HMRC and their bank in confidence to the RFL/SL auditors.'"

i have no issue with the players been paid. They deserve it after the way they have performed throughout this whole shambles.

But these players are supposed to be paid by their employers - Bradford.

And their employers are effectivley relying on an advance payment from the RFL so they can do this.

the 'underperformance' i was hinting at was not by the players, it was by Bradford as a club. The missmanagment that has got the club into this mess doesn't warrant handouts and favours.

This is why i dont believe that the RFL should help Bradford in ways they most likely wouldnt help other clubs in the same situation.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Stan Doffarf "Have you ever considered learning English? I'm suggesting it because that way people might be able to read and understand your stuff, even if it's not actually worth the effort.'"

i took your advice and rang my local college to see if i could enroll on an English course.

However due to 'government funding' and cutbacks i was unable to get a place.

Shame.

if only everyone paid their tax eh?! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

If you get your new wish there will be no possibility of that being paid, or for any revenues from that source to be made in the future.

Make your mind up, dick head.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach509No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45933_1392318317.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45933.jpg

Quote: SIMMSFAXTEDDY "i took your advice and rang my local college to see if i could enroll on an English course.

However due to 'government funding' and cutbacks i was unable to get a place.

Shame.

if only everyone paid their tax eh?! Aye, my course at Calderdale College was cut in 1990 due to some dodgy locals not paying their taxes.True story.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31735
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Quote: SIMMSFAXTEDDY "The missmanagment that has got the club into this mess doesn't warrant handouts and favours.

'"

Can I have that tenner back I threw into the Fax appeal a few years back then?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: Bullseye "Can I have that tenner back I threw into the Fax appeal a few years back then?'"

And me my £50 back from that appeal?

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.21728515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
26m
TV Games - Not Hull
Chris71
40m
Huddsh
apollosghost
40m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
RAPIDO
41m
Bums on seats
The games af
48m
Rhyse Martin Out 2025
redmuzza
59m
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
Recent
Warrington h
MadDogg
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
53s
Shopping list for 2025
bonaire
1m
York at home
phe13
1m
Oh when the Saints
bonaire
1m
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Chesterrhino
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
2m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Home
Mr Snoodle
3m
Recruitment rumours and links
rubber ducki
3m
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
phe13
TODAY
cats
the-bearded-
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
New 4-year deal for Marshall
NickyKiss
TODAY
Keelan Foster
AdamH
TODAY
Jose Kenga
Wanderer
TODAY
Deadline day signings
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
kaybenbull
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
TODAY
Barrow A
Betsy Bulls
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
RobRiches
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
terry silver
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Winslade's O
TODAY
Josh Jones
CarlB
TODAY
Lannon
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information 3/8/24
YosemiteSam
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse Saturday 10/8/24
Jemmo
TODAY
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity songs
JINJER
TODAY
Jeylon Hodgson
AdamH
TODAY
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
doc999
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 2,972 80,09114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
06:00
Gold Coast
v
Brisbane
08:30
Melbourne
v
St.George
10:35
Cronulla
v
Souths
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
Swinton
v
Toulouse
17:30
Salford
v
Leeds
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
Oldham
v
Midlands
Rochdale
v
Cornwall
Workington
v
Crusaders
       Championship 2024-R20
Barrow
v
Bradford
Dewsbury
v
Wakefield
Featherstone
v
Batley
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC-St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford-Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
20:00
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
Fri 2nd Aug
SL 20 Warrington4-22Hull KR
NRL 22 NZ Warriors20-30Parramatta
NRL 22 Dolphins34-40Sydney
Thu 1st Aug
SL 20 Castleford10-20Leigh
SL 20 Wigan26-14Huddersfield
NRL 22 Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
CH 19 York34-4Swinton
L1 17 Newcastle34-44Cornwall
L1 17 Hunslet24-32Workington
L1 17 Keighley36-12Midlands
L1 17 Rochdale10-14Oldham
Sat 27th Jul
SL 19 Salford30-22Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Catalans 19 366 274 92 24
Salford 19 355 366 -11 24
St.Helens 19 455 256 199 22

Leeds 19 355 342 13 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 19 268 566 -298 6
LondonB 19 198 725 -527 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Toulouse 16 468 220 248 23
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 17 342 422 -80 12