FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Bradford Bulls > Sorry Jimmy but......
216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

Quote: those of us who were on the terraces "Weren't those also the years of £60 season tickets?'"

They were. I'm well aware of the story, "those of us who were on the terraces" includes me. But these are the Leeds games we're talking about. They really were big crowds. The only ST holders who weren't there were the ones desperate to reserve their spot for the Wakefield and Salford teams of those years whilst preferring to eschew the Leeds game.

Smallest listed attendance in 2011 was 12k, so assume that's roughly how many ST holders there were. The difference between that figure and the announced attendance is roughly the same as last year's SL average crowd. It would be easy to say they were all Leeds fans too, but they don't go to the similarly distant Huddersfield to see a better game in those numbers.

By all means explain it away, but there really aren't many teams capable of doing that. Crowds are massively down, crowds can be massively up when the situation demands it. Both sides of this story are correct, it is one side saying the other is nonsense that I have issue with.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain86No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You can't live in the past!
It is depressing seeing where we are at, at present.

We need investment to get out of this hole.

You would have thought we may have had maybe a quality signing by now to try and push the season ticket sales along.

We need a scrum half, a couple of bad ass props and possibly a strong 2nd hooker to get near promotion next year.

It makes me sick using Leigh as an example but stupid Derek is putting his money where his mouth is with regards to 2016.

We can have the good times back and make a big return on investment but the capital has to be put in, in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

Leigh are playing a very dangerous game with their current model, so I wouldn't use them as a viable comparison.
Not running a reserves side and hinging your promotional hopes on players you might not even be able to fit under the cap are not exactly the sort of decisions I would want my club to be making.

mat
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9553
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bowlinboy "You can't live in the past!

You would have thought we may have had maybe a quality signing by now to try and push the season ticket sales along.

We need a scrum half, a couple of bad ass props and possibly a strong 2nd hooker to get near promotion next year.

It makes me sick using Leigh as an example but stupid Derek is putting his money where his mouth is with regards to 2016.

We can have the good times back and make a big return on investment but the capital has to be put in, in the first place.'"

People tend to forget we've already signed another half for next year in Thomas. All articles re him have named him as a half despite his best position seeming to be fullback. I think we'll struggle to find a scrum half who's a genuine improvement on the players already at the club and who we can accommodate under the cap. I feel we can take it as a given that there wont be rush for anyone to take sjelka of our hands. Think we'll see a couple of props coming in (Clarke from Donny seems likely and maybe matt ryan as a prop/2nd row if we can free a quota spot). Cant really see another hooker inbound given we released Conroy. Suspect Halafihi will get more gametime off the bench next year, albeit it was bizarre he didn't get the bench spot in MPG ahead of Baille.

I wonder if we fail to find a scrum half if we'll look at a) slimming Addy down in off season to play there or b) move Mullaney there permanently with Thomas/Clare taking over at FB.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68505_1605979550.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68505.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "It is stupid to say we have been in terminal decline, given the worst we have been is runners up in Championship with the best crowds in the division. There are a lot of teams who would like to be equally terminally declined. Our undisputed decline has, if anything only served to underline the potential, given the crowds - paying full SL whack with no discounts - that we have been able to maintain in 2015.

Which clubs? Name them! No club, ever, has been where we were in SL so good luck with that.

What are you on about? I am not "wishing" in any shape or form. It's nothing to do with what I wish". I am making observations as I see it, and they seem pretty much factual to me. Given the money a successful Bulls is worth to the game, I'd say that our health is probably THE most important issue for the RFL today. The halcyon days of 20K crowds and Bullmania in front of the adoring Sky cameras are something I suspect the RFL would like back. But, I suppose I could be wrong. Maybe Wakefield will suit them just as well.'"

10 years ago, Bradford won it's last Grand Final. Since then, the club has gone backwards at an alarming rate. Year on year, we've finished further and futher down the league ladder. Crowds have fallen at the same rate, despite some artifical inflation at certain points. I remember when the cheap season tickets were first announced and a bit of information came out of the club that there had never been more than around 4k season tickets sold every year, even during the glory years. So, rather than it being the case that our current fan base shows potential, it in fact shows the hardcore of Bradford support that has been there through most of SL. As for how long those fans will stay and continue to pay SL prices for Championship rugby is hard to guess.

You keep talking about a sucessful Bulls, but that is not even on the horizon. Even if we'd won the MPG and were planning for a season in SL, there's very little chance that the current side would not find itself in the middle 8's next year and if they survived for a 2nd SL season they'd probably be still in that middle 8 group for a number of seasons as there is a gap between each of the groups of 8 that will take some major miracle working to overcome.

The trouble is, we're between a rock and a hard place. The double bust of recent years has left a lot of floating fans soured on the sport and the club and a lot of the remaining fans are unwilling to shell out on a season ticket for, what is in a lot of eyes, a 23 round pre-season.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

23 match pre-season, well yeah, sums up life in the championship, I guess.

I suspect it does put many off. It doesn't dim the [ipotential[/i though, and that is what the Bulls provide - all the big crowds of days gone by are still, [ipotentially[/i, there for the future. Bradford is a big city and is in the game's heartland, I agree with FA, the [ipotential[/i of the Bulls is enormous and a resurgent Bulls would be an tremendous boost to super League and to the game - I also can't see any other club in the nether regions with anything even approaching that same potential.

I don't doubt we'll be back, though not sure when to be honest. Maybe when the rules are next changed ? Maybe we'll get lucky before then - the club certainly have to play up the chances, in public, at least, it would be commercial suicide not to. One thing is for sure - it won't be any easier next or future seasons.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: bowlinboy "You can't live in the past!

We can have the good times back and make a big return on investment but the capital has to be put in, in the first place.'"

But this is just drunken pub talk, with respect. What on earth is the point of demanding "capital being put in"? There are vociferous numpties in all clubs from the soccer Premiership down to lower leagues and they all incessantly demand "investment" by which they mean they demand whoever owns the club just spends all their assets in buying buying buying buying, until there's nothing left. And yes we all know we'd be better if we filled the key positions with world class players but we have about as much chance of buying the world's leading players as I have of landing on Pluto. Maybe more.

If you can find Roman Abramovich or a Korean magnate this may work but we are in Bradford and you are wasting your time as IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. You need to get the shoite about "investment" out of your head. You are dreaming.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: roofaldo2 "..As for how long those fans will stay and continue to pay SL prices for Championship rugby is hard to guess. '"

No it isn't, the shelf-life is highly limited. We will not survive long in the Championship. I can already feel the vaseline at the edge of the slippery slope under my toes. It can work for small town clubs. It can't work for us.

Quote: roofaldo2 ".You keep talking about a sucessful Bulls, but that is not even on the horizon. '"

Beg to differ, we have had a successful season last in, oh, when was it Ah yes - 2015.

Quote: roofaldo2 "The trouble is, we're between a rock and a hard place. ...'"

As I keep saying, in my own way

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain86No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

what I am saying is unless a few more quality players are brought in next year there is no chance..

thats not ed up pub talk thats standing on the terraces watching drivel like Featherstone at home.

we need to get 20% more out of players isn't going to cut it if the players aren't good enough in the first place.

buy a few better players you will sell a few more tickets, turn some performances out you will get better gates, get back in super League you can expect a lot more turn over its not drivel its business.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif

Quote: bowlinboy "what I am saying is unless a few more quality players are brought in next year there is no chance..

thats not vexed up pub talk thats standing on the terraces watching drivel like Featherstone at home.

we need to get 20% more out of players isn't going to cut it if the players aren't good enough in the first place.

buy a few better players you will sell a few more tickets, turn some performances out you will get better gates, get back in super League you can expect a lot more turn over its not drivel its business.'"

So now you have dropped your suggestion that from somewhere we magic up "capital", and now you're saying we need to sign "a few more quality players". Because this will sell "a few more tickets". You haven't really thought the maths through, have you?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8877No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/combustable.gif
Red Amber and Black Fantasy Rugby League Champion 2012. By far the most sensible posts on this thread have come from mystic eddie. - copyright Ewwenorfolk 09.04.2013 Aye, and Eddie is hinting at it too. And, as we all know: Mystic Eddie has been right all along! - copyright vbfg 05.01.2017:Others/combustable.gif

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "

Beg to differ, we have had a successful season last in, oh, when was it Ah yes - 2015.

'"

Eh?

So the same person that recently said that he would "not accept, accepting failure" is now trying to tell people that 2015 was a success????

In what way exactly?

Seriously FA, have you any idea how much you insult the intelligence of your fellow Bradford fans when you come out with this claptrap? Given that you want them to accept this view is ridiculous.

How was 2015 a success exactly? If 2015 was a "success" then we are saying that the brief for the season was less than what we achieved. Despite none of us knowing exactly what the expectations were, it is safe to say that finishing second in a two team league then failing in the play-offs was a bit less than what the club were looking for.

Success? Lay off the bevvy FA.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Done. 25/01/17.:

It is my considered opinion that if we'd had a coach with a Scooby Doo we'd be up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Can we at least look on the bright side for a minute. We didn't have a spare 150 grand to spend on Joe Westerman

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif

Quote: mystic eddie "Eh?

So the same person that recently said that he would "not accept, accepting failure" is now trying to tell people that 2015 was a success????

In what way exactly?'"

You seemingly cannot grasp that "successful" is a relative term. By any reasonable measure, 2015 was a successful season, despite teh crushing disappointment of narrowly falling at the last hurdle.

Quote: mystic eddie "Seriously FA, have you any idea how much you insult the intelligence of your fellow Bradford fans when you come out with this claptrap? Given that you want them to accept this view is ridiculous. '"

I simply state my view, which is fair do's, even raving nincompoops like you have just the same right. "Want"? Rubbish! I say my piece, people can ignore it/take it/leave it, I really don't care, it's just a random discussion ffs

Quote: mystic eddie "How was 2015 a success exactly? '"

So many ways. Some random examples
Eh? 4.2666015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
5m
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
11m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
18m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
christopher
46m
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
51m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
53m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
54m
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
54m
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Leigh it is
WWste
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Jack Gaskell
31s
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
31s
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
39s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
43s
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
57s
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
1m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,350 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22