FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Bradford Bulls > Going, Going, Gone.
162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Indeed, but such a business model in the context of an SL team won't win any pots, and will not be acceptable to the fans. By which I mean it will be a business model that will leave you permanently moored near the bottom of the league, with ever diminishing crowds.

It is totally unreasonable for fans to fail to accept that a team must live within its means, but that's fans for you. The fans say that, if you run a club, you must "make the full salary cap available" to your coach, and whenever a top player becomes available, you are expected to splash the cash.'"

Fans should always remember the 17th chapter of the book of jobeblessed is he who doth not expect - for he shall not be disappointed" [/i

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34183_1277913198.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34183.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Indeed, but such a business model in the context of an SL team won't win any pots, and will not be acceptable to the fans. By which I mean it will be a business model that will leave you permanently moored near the bottom of the league, with ever diminishing crowds.

It is totally unreasonable for fans to fail to accept that a team must live within its means, but that's fans for you. The fans say that, if you run a club, you must "make the full salary cap available" to your coach, and whenever a top player becomes available, you are expected to splash the cash.'"

True. But that makes an assumption that said business model is ineffective to the point of being unable to provide the above. I'm not sure that's the case. Whilst Warrington, Huddersfield and Wigan may have a sugar daddy in situ, only one of those have actually become champions. What is clear is that how we have sliced our salary cap cake has been crumbly at best in recent years. And that's being polite.

Splashing the cash may have had validity at Warrington and to a degree Huddersfield, but the youth production models at Leeds, Saints and even Wigan have greater context and application in modern sport. Hull FC have a plethora of overseas players and ones gleaned for other clubs, it's not done them a right lot of good.

The caveat being a business structure with a balance of salary cap spend in sync with the bottom line isn't going to be too far away. How that translates into perceived success depends on how astute our player recruitment and retention is. It couldn't be much worse that recent years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3994
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13554.jpg
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid! If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/ Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get! Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!:13554.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "Roland Agar is a wholesale butcher. He owns the slaughterhouse in Ilkley and has a sizeable wholesale meat business, and so I suspect is a no-nonsense real-world businessman. He also has very active involvement with the academy.

I have seen it said that coulby is a banker or similar, but know nothing of his background or expertise.'"

Rowland Agar unfortunately is not a suitable person these days in my book,

I thought Coulby was in Marketing? according to some Company House details re the Bulls

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34183_1277913198.jpg

Quote: Blotto "Rowland Agar unfortunately is not a suitable person these days in my book,

I thought Coulby was in Marketing? according to some Company House details re the Bulls'"

On what basis do you suggest Roland Agar is unsuitable?

RankPostsTeam
International Star68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why would anyone who does not support the club give up time/effort and money? The people who have taken over, just like the last board do it for the club and not to make money. Even a Bulls post administration would not be wortha great deal to anyone!!

Some of the criticism of the new BOD and Brian Noble is appaling.

Lets support the new guys from a perspective that they care and want the club to be successful.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3994
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13554.jpg
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid! If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/ Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get! Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!:13554.jpg

Quote: juliebull "Why would anyone who does not support the club give up time/effort and money? The people who have taken over, just like the last board do it for the club and not to make money. Even a Bulls post administration would not be wortha great deal to anyone!!

Some of the criticism of the new BOD and Brian Noble is appaling.

Lets support the new guys from a perspective that they care and want the club to be successful.'"

Unfortunately the "guys" are not new and are the same ones that left the Club in a financial mess in 2006

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: Gurus_Beard "
Splashing the cash may have had validity at Warrington and to a degree Huddersfield, but the youth production models at Leeds, Saints and even Wigan have greater context and application in modern sport. '"

They have, if you can keep your players. IMHO and despite the mauling McNamara and Potter (until recently) received, we have brought through and are bringing through a crop of youngsters to rival anybody. All other things being equal, we could have had, and given resources still could have, the makings of a bright future.

Quote: Gurus_Beard "The caveat being a business structure with a balance of salary cap spend in sync with the bottom line isn't going to be too far away. How that translates into perceived success depends on how astute our player recruitment and retention is. It couldn't be much worse that recent years.'"

But we already know how to achieve success, we achieved success to rival anybody. The problem we had, and the problem Wigan et al will eventually face, is that your excellent squad will sooner or later fall into decline and you will fall from grace, and then you need to find a way to keep the pot boiling until your rebuilt squad can compete at the top again.

However you are vulnerable both to predators (cf Sam Burgess [iet al[/i), young player assessment / management mistakes (cf Ryan Atkins, Chris Bridge [iet al[/i) and experienced player mistakes (cf Menzies, Pryce, Peacock [iet al[/i).

It is extremely hard to get near the top, and to be at the top or thereabouts, over a consistent period, is the hardest thing of all, but you can fall from grace badly in a minute, and we are the proof of that.

Oh, and it always helps if you don't discharge one barrel of your shotgun into each of your own feet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34183_1277913198.jpg

Quote: Blotto "Unfortunately the "guys" are not new and are the same ones that left the Club in a financial mess in 2006'"

Well that's nice and positiv.

You also haven't explained your assertion that Roland Agar isn't suitable to be on the board.

RankPostsTeam
International Star68No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Blotto "Unfortunately the "guys" are not new and are the same ones that left the Club in a financial mess in 2006'"

Grow up. 6 months is a long time in business never mind 6 years.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "
Another possibility that has been raised by several folk on the T&A in particular is that they seem to "knopw" or believe that the RFL does not deem Caisley to be a fit and proper person to run a SL club. Although several have stated this as if fact, I must admit I have never ever seen this referred to anywhere official - nor would I have expected to, even if it happened to have some legs. So those folk either have some inside/confidential information, or are just speculating or repeating gossip. I'll work on the assumption that it is the latter, unless it is ever shown to be otherwise. There is far too much dangerous gossip flaoting around as it is.

'"

Surely they could only deem him to be "not a fit and proper person" on the basis of something in the public domain? Something for which his culpability has been independently established as fact. They would have to have an objective reason that could be applied to all SL owners.

His potential conflict of interest as an agent might be a factor but that's a different issue.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: Cibaman "Surely they could only deem him to be "not a fit and proper person" on the basis of something in the public domain? Something for which his culpability has been independently established as fact. They would have to have an objective reason that could be applied to all SL owners.

His potential conflict of interest as an agent might be a factor but that's a different issue.'"

Given its the RFL, and the mysterious ways in which they work (or don't work...) who knows? Especially given we none of us know what really happened behind the scenes over Harrisgate. But, as I said, I'd not heard this before until several different people started referring to it, so there is no evidence to suggest it is anything more than hearsay/gossip/usual internet nonsense anyway. Certainly, I'm not aware of anything specific that could justify such a sanction, and I struggle to see how such a charge could justifiably be levelled at a practising lawyer anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Forgive me butting in without reading the recent few pages, but with what authority has CC ordered the 'independent' (yeah right) review - presumably as controlling shareholder/s? If he was judged 'not a fit & proper person' what is to stop him pulling the strings, as he is now, without having his name on the door?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Given its the RFL, and the mysterious ways in which they work (or don't work...) who knows? Especially given we none of us know what really happened behind the scenes over Harrisgate. But, as I said, I'd not heard this before until several different people started referring to it, so there is no evidence to suggest it is anything more than hearsay/gossip/usual internet nonsense anyway. Certainly, I'm not aware of anything specific that could justify such a sanction, and I struggle to see how such a charge could justifiably be levelled at a practising lawyer anyway.'"

In response to an email Andrew Bennett said something along the lines that he did not think that CC would be judged a fit and proper person by the RFL. The person put it up on facebook(?)
and if I recall Bulls4Champ posted it on here. Stand to be corrected on any/all of this.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

That's perfectly correct but absolutely everyone is going to come with some baggage and ultimately as fans we have no control over anything. For what it's worth, I think they are intelligent people who are capable of learning from past mistakes, in any case they are running the show now and my default position is that they will generally get my support, unless they show themselves to be unworthy of it. Not that I think there is anything intrinsically wrong in pointing out uncomfortable things from the past, and I for one aren't going to brush it out of memory - BUT, I think, for the good of the club, we maybe ought to let the past stay in the past and concentrate on what is to come?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: M@islebugs "In response to an email Andrew Bennett said something along the lines that he did not think that CC would be judged a fit and proper person by the RFL. The person put it up on facebook(?)
and if I recall Bulls4Champ posted it on here. Stand to be corrected on any/all of this.'"

If Bennett said that, I'm astounded tbh. Unless there is something petty big that we are not aware of, I really can't see what grounds there could be for making such a statement? I really can't believe its anything more than internet prattle.

162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
FORUM