JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why isn’t the Widnes game being streamed . It’s denying supporters Iike me that live hundreds of miles away who physically can’t go to the game the opportunity to watch the team they have suported all their lives .
I have paid for every game this season on our league app, supported this club in their hours of need . Put my hand in my pocket to help them move forward , then to be denied the ability to see them play is scandalous.
Come on someone who makes decisions like this get your parochial hand out of your backside and reverse it or risk alienating die hard supporters like me .
I’m extremely annoyed , no wonder RL’s reputation as an organisation stinks .
Do something positive for a change .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2036
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Is it the club that have stooped this or has it reverted back to pre Covid when streaming didn’t exist, poss for contractual reasons???

RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Borderbull "Why isn’t the Widnes game being streamed . It’s denying supporters Iike me that live hundreds of miles away who physically can’t go to the game the opportunity to watch the team they have suported all their lives .
I have paid for every game this season on our league app, supported this club in their hours of need . Put my hand in my pocket to help them move forward , then to be denied the ability to see them play is scandalous.
Come on someone who makes poop decisions like this get your parochial hand out of your backside and reverse it or risk alienating die hard supporters like me .
Do something positive for a change .'"

Bulls aren't the only club to stop streaming games, only 2 games are streamed on Our League this week. Fans are allowed into games again, pre-covid you couldn't stream games so it's just going back to normal. Out of interest what did you do before this season?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8024No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36788_1300836245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36788.jpg

Quote: Borderbull "Why isn’t the Widnes game being streamed . It’s denying supporters Iike me that live hundreds of miles away who physically can’t go to the game the opportunity to watch the team they have suported all their lives .
Come on someone who makes poop decisions like this get your parochial hand out of your backside and reverse it or risk alienating die hard supporters like me .
Do something positive for a change .'"

Streaming was only ever going to be a stop gap measure whilst Covid-19 was restricting supporters being able to attend games.

Now that the vast majority of Championship clubs can adequately and safely accommodate their supporters, there is no need to stream the games.

The streaming of games was only ever going to be a temporary platform because of the pandemic and now that the clubs can accommodate supporters, the decision has been taken to stop the streaming of games.

I’d challenge the alienating part of your post because prior to this season, there was virtually no consistent live streaming of Championship games featuring one club.

I know the decision has caused a great deal of frustration amongst supporters who live outside the city and have benefited greatly from the streams but the reality is that the streaming of games was only ever a short term measure to provide clubs with some income until the safe return of supporters.

Moving forward, the games home and away will still be on local radio, so there is that option.

I know from 2022 onwards the RFL are looking at a number of different models for those supporters living outside the UK, something similar to the EFL iFollow service where those outside of the UK can pay to watch the games etc…

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Good its a sensible decision. Why would the club continuento stream it when both attendances have been below the 4000 permitted in to the ground. If we were turning thousands away each game that couldnt watch it then fair enough keep it running.

Hopefully those have chosen to stay at home will now go to the games meaning they will be sell outs.

Its just not financially viable for the club when a family of 4 can stay at home and watch it for a fiver instead of paying £60 to be there in person.

I know there are people.who live all over the country that will no longer benefit but lets be honest, you didnt have this luxury before COVID so youre in no worse position than u were at the start of the 2020 season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I get the points above but it's a new world we live in now and streaming is part of it.
People have got used to watching it at home. Ifollow have for a couple of seasons allowed UK supporters to pay for games that aren't 3pm Saturday (as this time has been specially reserved for years by the football league, although they are now thinking of changing that).
At a fiver, where a few people could watch it, was fine during Covid restrictions, but long term it isnt financially viable for the club. However they could put the price up so people could choose to watch at home wherever they live, or choose to go to the game. We all prefer to be there in person and if the prices are closer, the ones who can, probably will go. This is then an extra income for the club for those that live further away, or are away, or have mobility or other issues that mean they can't attend, it allows these people to support the club still. Some that can't afford to take their whole family right now, can still watch it and stay connected, hopefully to return in the future.
The EFL will go that way permanently, RL should look at it and consider it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Quote: VanGinger "I get the points above but it's a new world we live in now and streaming is part of it.
People have got used to watching it at home. Ifollow have for a couple of seasons allowed UK supporters to pay for games that aren't 3pm Saturday (as this time has been specially reserved for years by the football league, although they are now thinking of changing that).
At a fiver, where a few people could watch it, was fine during Covid restrictions, but long term it isnt financially viable for the club. However they could put the price up so people could choose to watch at home wherever they live, or choose to go to the game. We all prefer to be there in person and if the prices are closer, the ones who can, probably will go. This is then an extra income for the club for those that live further away, or are away, or have mobility or other issues that mean they can't attend, it allows these people to support the club still. Some that can't afford to take their whole family right now, can still watch it and stay connected, hopefully to return in the future.
The EFL will go that way permanently, RL should look at it and consider it.'"

Absolutely, I think a few on here probably need to move with the times a little! I agree that 5 quid isn't viable but I think streaming is something that is here to stay and clubs need to be seriously thinking how they can use it to their advantage. Obviously RL is a poor sport but I'm not convinced that having a streaming option is suddenly going see crowds plummet or not showing it is going to see those who might of paid to watch the stream descend on Odsal with the entire family.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1903
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54032_1297618825.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54032.png

i'll throw my hat in .... from 2010 ive scrambled to find online updates or live commentary for bulls games (the time i actually came to live in China) ... all social/media websites are blocked here. Luckly i came across the marvel of vpns icon_smile.gif (although hit and miss). it wasnt till BCBradio started live bulls games i could listen to a full game (happy days). later bulls did their facebook free streamimg during our champ 2 season (2018 i think and also vpn reliant). pay per stream is a no for me (although i will gladly pay) as they require paypal (also blocked and tried with a chinese visa card ... still no go and even if i could pay im still relying on a vpn). others on this website like Blotto (who i think did a stint in china) and jackmac (who seems to live in a place where internet is unheard of) also struggle.

my meaning is, im just happy getting any updates

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player2No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Couldn’t agree more with VanGinger . I live 200 miles away , it’s not that simple to travel to see every game especially with a disability. It’s a different world we live in prior to covid so things need to change . Attitudes need to change . Rugby League is far too parochial in its outlook . I would happily pay the going rate to see my team play .
Agreed it’s not the same as being there in person but to deny others the pleasure of not watching a favourite team is churlish and short sighted .
Covids here to stay for a long time yet I’m afraid so every revenue stream should be explored , just to ditch it isn’t the answer .

RankPostsTeam
International Star1903
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54032_1297618825.png

just like to add... recently ive been spamming score updates on RAB but heres the rub ... this forum appears to work here but in order to provide updates my vpn has to work to listen to the games. on here to get your updates, online commentary comes to me from California (where my vpn puts me) then updates of course comeback via California to england. A lot of digging i went through to get to this position .. can sympathize with Borderbull or any Bulls fan not able to attend but there are still countless bulls fans all over the world (and for what ever reason) cant get any updates or listen (let alone watch).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4536
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19767.jpg
:19767.jpg

I agree with those who argue for streaming

After all, it was only a year or two back the Bulls were at the forefront of arguing FOR streaming. Weren't we the pioneers of streaming live on Facebook - I'm looking at you Mr Gledhill? icon_biggrin.gif

As someone who has very recently moved away from the area, I don't expect to get to many, if any, live games in the future. If I can't watch it via a stream then I'm going to be a supporter 'lost to the game' - which after more than 50 years of being at Odsal is a crying shame.

Come on guys, move with the times!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8024No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36788_1300836245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36788.jpg

Quote: paulwalker71 "I agree with those who argue for streaming

After all, it was only a year or two back the Bulls were at the forefront of arguing FOR streaming. Weren't we the pioneers of streaming live on Facebook - I'm looking at you Mr Gledhill?
The problem between what happened in 2018 and now is that there are no streaming issues regarding League One, so 2018 was only possible because of the lack of rights issues.

As we move from 2021 into 2022 and Sky Sports no longer having a hold on proceedings, then expect this landscape to change as clubs will be forced to maximise all potential revenue streams to try and offset the 40% plus loss of central funding.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Just out of interest, what price do people feel is a fair price to view the stream? Bearing in mind that one download can be seen by just one individual or by a clubroom full - and of course that the club needs to make money, or at very least, can't afford to lose out. The major problem to me is that once one subscription is paid for no-one can control how it is used/abused.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Quote: Bulliac "Just out of interest, what price do people feel is a fair price to view the stream? Bearing in mind that one download can be seen by just one individual or by a clubroom full - and of course that the club needs to make money, or at very least, can't afford to lose out. The major problem to me is that once one subscription is paid for no-one can control how it is used/abused.'"

Not sure on an individual basis, but put it this way if the club guaranteed a stream available to all normal season ticket holders I would buy one without hesitation next season. I wouldn't even consider buying a normal season ticket because I know I wouldn't be able or interested in attending every game at home in person.

I guess they would have to trial it and yes perhaps there might be abuse of it in some small way but I'm not convinced people would stop attending in large numbers.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1903
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54032_1297618825.png

Ive said how hard it is to get coverage being an expat but ...

for most of us ... im sure we would rather be at a game, being at a game is second to none ( if i had the dough, sure id fly back for every home game icon_smile.gif ), that said many cant so why deny them a live stream and also earn the club money. Just dont deny also the overseas bulls fans as ive found out many of these sevices are IP reliant (dont have a GB/England IP ... cant get access).

21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
21 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.87646484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
22m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
23m
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
23m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
43m
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
58m
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Planning for next season
LeythIg
Recent
Salford - Away
The games af
Recent
Leeds
the-bearded-
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
1m
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
1m
Surely its all over now for Watson
Jo Jumbuck
2m
This site is crap
tad rhino
2m
Murphy on his way then
PopTart
2m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
2m
Leeds
the-bearded-
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,042 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10