JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Bloody hell. Round 3 and calling for Potter's head. Don't get me wrong I din't think he is the right man for the job but calling for his head after 3 games is shocking. I know that being born in 1995 all I know really is the Bulls winning trophies left right and centre. Then since 2006 nothing. So technically I should be more gutted and annoyed at most on here because I never experienced Northern going out of business or playing in the old second division. However I know that all clubs go through phases. Well all the top teams barring Saints.

Back to 2012. Do you really expect to win any of the first 4 home games? Because I certainly don't. Catalan, Wigan, Warrington and Saints will be Top 5 with Huddersfield/Leeds in their. We beat Castleford in Round 2. A game which I 'expected' to win. I 'expect' us to beat Wakey this week and if we do we are still on course for Top 8. The moment we lose a game against Hull FC/KR, Wakey, Cas, Salford, Widnes and London is the moment pressure is on us to beat 1 of the top 6. So as long as we beat them then we don't have to worry about the top teams.

Tbf though I am disappointed at the lack of defence. But like I said I would rather make mistakes (like not finding touch) against a team like Wigan than against Wakey where 2 points will benefit us more as it stops a playoff rival getting them. Problem is, mentally can we afford to lose by 30-60 points then back it up with a solid performance? I know they should be out to win everygame but if they try and then lose it doesn't bother me personally so long as we beat playoff rivals and Leeds once icon_smile.gif

Also Potter may not be the most motivational person ever but he has made some quality signings for us. Hargreaves was solid for Saints, however he hasn't really been that for us. Also Elima, Raynor, Ainscough, (Royston and Briggs), Sammut, Lulia, Gale, Kear and he's brought on O'Brien, Bateman, Burgess, Crookes, Olbison and Addy. So he is doing some good at the club but unfortunatly not the correct person to pull us out of the slump.

Just wish people would stop moaning and groaning all the time. Accept the fact that Wigan, Catalans etc are class sides and will beat a lot of teams badly. Just be happy we arn't losing to Cas, Wakey and Widnes yet icon_smile.gif Top 8 here we come (even through some heavy defeats) icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

I think I may be a minority, but i'm in agreement with most of what you say!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4083_1711972570.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4083.jpeg

After reading some of the posts that have been quite critical of the club in the last few weeks and particularly following the Wigan defeat i tend to think that your supporters have a right to moan and how Potter can say that some of those Wigan try's were not soft is way off because some of them clearly were.

What is worse is that the standards at Bradford have been low for a while now, not just this season but last season and before that - im really suprised that some Bradford supporters seem happy with the calibre of player you are bringing to the club and the calibre of player you are allowing to leave.

I respect Potter as a coach, i thought he did a good job at Les Catalan and at Saints but i do think that a change is needed.

Bardford should be doing everything in their power to bring in somebody of the quality of Nathan Brown as massive changes are needed imo.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3123
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_275.gif
:Games/PDT_275.gif

points difference could be quite important at the end of the season, if we're as evenly matched against the teams like Cas, Wakey and HKR as we like to think we are then not getting stuffed by 30/40 points by the bigger teams is important.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

That's the key. I don't mind losing to Wigan, Warrington and the like. I do not want to see them get absolutely paggered by those teams as though a loss was always on the cards and thus no effort is needed for this one. The extent by which they lose those games matters. They might even sneak a win if all the cards fall the right way up, and an unexpected win against opposition like that can transform a team and its entire season.

I'm through with excuses and extenuating circumstances. They need a rocket up their s. Last season should have been a turn around and was a huge disappointment. The merest hint of the same this year is not acceptable.

More mongrel, less lap dog.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7741_1339451243.jpg
When you're a Bradford fan there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately it's usually an oncoming train:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7741.jpg

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Bloody hell. Round 3 and calling for Potter's head. Don't get me wrong I din't think he is the right man for the job but calling for his head after 3 games is shocking. I know that being born in 1995 all I know really is the Bulls winning trophies left right and centre. Then since 2006 nothing. So technically I should be more gutted and annoyed at most on here because I never experienced Northern going out of business or playing in the old second division. However I know that all clubs go through phases. Well all the top teams barring Saints.

Back to 2012. Do you really expect to win any of the first 4 home games? Because I certainly don't. Catalan, Wigan, Warrington and Saints will be Top 5 with Huddersfield/Leeds in their. We beat Castleford in Round 2. A game which I 'expected' to win. I 'expect' us to beat Wakey this week and if we do we are still on course for Top 8. The moment we lose a game against Hull FC/KR, Wakey, Cas, Salford, Widnes and London is the moment pressure is on us to beat 1 of the top 6. So as long as we beat them then we don't have to worry about the top teams.

Tbf though I am disappointed at the lack of defence. But like I said I would rather make mistakes (like not finding touch) against a team like Wigan than against Wakey where 2 points will benefit us more as it stops a playoff rival getting them. Problem is, mentally can we afford to lose by 30-60 points then back it up with a solid performance? I know they should be out to win everygame but if they try and then lose it doesn't bother me personally so long as we beat playoff rivals and Leeds once :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Tbh a few on here say 'it's not Potter's first game in charge' etc. Yeah okay he had the whole of 2011. But does anyone know behind the scenes problems he faced. E.G Matt Orford, for god sake if the club could have sorted that out we'd have been playing with Scott Dureau at 7 and not Herbert. He took a chance with Ah Van like previous coaches have took chances with kiwis unfortunatly it didn't work out. We'd probably still have Menzies too. But that isn't Potter's fault. It's the backroom staff.

Not being funny but I never said 'throw the game away or not turn up'. I already stated that I would rather them not concede 30-60 points. Jeez. As a player I know that there are teams with that much class no matter what you do they will MOST PROBABLY win but you still go out and give 100% I don't care what anybody says it's always in the back of your head that their better than you.

Yeah okay I understand that points difference may come into contention at the end of the season but atm Bradford should just think about beating the more 'beatable' teams.

Yes I do agree that Wigan scored some soft tries which they shouldn't have scored but a lot of them oozed class which tbh would have troubled any team. But I would rather them concede soft tries against top teams than against the 'lower' teams.

I also agree with dany, I respect Potter as a coach but he is not the right man for the job at this moment in time. We need someone to set some foundations in first. Potter is more of a ccoach to carry on success rather than build it. At Catalan he had no rules except salary cap. Under the quota rules he wouldn't be able to create the same success in my opinion.

There are 6 games which will be massive for us in my opinion. Hull KR, Hull FC and Salford - home and away. I'm more 'worried' about these than London, Castleford, Wakefield and Widnes (no disrespect to these teams).

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Tbh a few on here say 'it's not Potter's first game in charge' etc. Yeah okay he had the whole of 2011. But does anyone know behind the scenes problems he faced. E.G Matt Orford, for god sake if the club could have sorted that out we'd have been playing with Scott Dureau at 7 and not Herbert. He took a chance with Ah Van like previous coaches have took chances with kiwis unfortunatly it didn't work out. We'd probably still have Menzies too. But that isn't Potter's fault. It's the backroom staff.

Not being funny but I never said 'throw the game away or not turn up'. I already stated that I would rather them not concede 30-60 points. Jeez. As a player I know that there are teams with that much class no matter what you do they will MOST PROBABLY win but you still go out and give 100% I don't care what anybody says it's always in the back of your head that their better than you.

Yeah okay I understand that points difference may come into contention at the end of the season but atm Bradford should just think about beating the more 'beatable' teams.

Yes I do agree that Wigan scored some soft tries which they shouldn't have scored but a lot of them oozed class which tbh would have troubled any team. But I would rather them concede soft tries against top teams than against the 'lower' teams.

I also agree with dany, I respect Potter as a coach but he is not the right man for the job at this moment in time. We need someone to set some foundations in first. Potter is more of a ccoach to carry on success rather than build it. At Catalan he had no rules except salary cap. Under the quota rules he wouldn't be able to create the same success in my opinion.

There are 6 games which will be massive for us in my opinion. Hull KR, Hull FC and Salford - home and away. I'm more 'worried' about these than London, Castleford, Wakefield and Widnes (no disrespect to these teams).'"

1st point, Menzies leaving was Potters fault, he didn't offer him a new deal. Letting your best player go is always a gamble. Seems to be doing a fine job at Catalans at the moment.

2nd point - You have used reference to yourself as a player, saying sometimes you know you were going to get hammered. I have been there, and been hammered many times with my junior team. Difference is we played RL as a hobby, just a load of kids who trained twice a week and played on a sunday for a bit of fun. These are professional RL players who get paid a good wage, playing for one of the most famous clubs in the country. I will not accept conceding 50 points as part of the game because they are better Wigan didn't play that well on Sunday. It just became so easy, it became like a training run so they can flick the ball without looking and kickthrough to the corner. If they were playering Warrington they probably wouldn't have tried that. I was embarrssed to be a Bulls fan on sunday. As another poster said, if you can't get up for Wigan in front of your home crowd you shouldn't be player. We lacked such basic skills and it is becoming the norm for us to be conceding 50+ points against the top team. All i want is for the team to compete and let the team know they;ve been in the game. We haven't had that yet.

As i said on another thread, we can't reply on just beating the likes of Salford, Widnes etc because we play them too few times. We have to beat the top teams to make the play offs.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1337No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/MINOTAUR.JPG
Crude and slow Whino, your attack was no better than that of a clumsy child.:Others/MINOTAUR.JPG

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Bloody hell. Round 3 and calling for Potter's head. Don't get me wrong I din't think he is the right man for the job but calling for his head after 3 games is shocking. I know that being born in 1995 all I know really is the Bulls winning trophies left right and centre. Then since 2006 nothing. So technically I should be more gutted and annoyed at most on here because I never experienced Northern going out of business or playing in the old second division. However I know that all clubs go through phases. Well all the top teams barring Saints.

Tbf though I am disappointed at the lack of defence. But like I said I would rather make mistakes (like not finding touch) against a team like Wigan than against Wakey where 2 points will benefit us more as it stops a playoff rival getting them. Problem is, mentally can we afford to lose by 30-60 points then back it up with a solid performance? I know they should be out to win everygame but if they try and then lose it doesn't bother me personally so long as we beat playoff rivals and Leeds once
And if we lose to Wakefield? can we "moan" then?...I don't think most of the moaning is about losing to Catalans & Wigan, its the manner of the losses, 2 hidings at home!

And as for the excuse that they are top 4 sides, yes i don't expect us to roll them over but i do expect the Bulls to compete, as Hull KR showed against Saints at the weekend (with half a side missing)

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9986No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13747_1541715311.jpg
[b:3g5rrn89](and I feel fine)[/b:3g5rrn89]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13747.jpg

Another one happy to accept getting paggered then, as long as we are paggered by the right teams.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member8768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4083_1711972570.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4083.jpeg

Quote: Bull Mania "1st point, Menzies leaving was Potters fault, he didn't offer him a new deal. Letting your best player go is always a gamble. Seems to be doing a fine job at Catalans at the moment.

2nd point - You have used reference to yourself as a player, saying sometimes you know you were going to get hammered. I have been there, and been hammered many times with my junior team. Difference is we played RL as a hobby, just a load of kids who trained twice a week and played on a sunday for a bit of fun. These are professional RL players who get paid a good wage, playing for one of the most famous clubs in the country. I will not accept conceding 50 points as part of the game because they are better Wigan didn't play that well on Sunday. It just became so easy, it became like a training run so they can flick the ball without looking and kickthrough to the corner. If they were playering Warrington they probably wouldn't have tried that. I was embarrssed to be a Bulls fan on sunday. As another poster said, if you can't get up for Wigan in front of your home crowd you shouldn't be player. We lacked such basic skills and it is becoming the norm for us to be conceding 50+ points against the top team. All i want is for the team to compete and let the team know they;ve been in the game. We haven't had that yet.

As i said on another thread, we can't reply on just beating the likes of Salford, Widnes etc because we play them too few times. We have to beat the top teams to make the play offs.'"

This.

From watching you team on Sunday it could certanly of done with somebody like Steve Menzies out there for Bradford and he's not the only good player that has been released a year or two too early by Bradford in the last few years.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7741_1339451243.jpg
When you're a Bradford fan there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately it's usually an oncoming train:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7741.jpg

Quote: Bullseye "People pay there money and can "moan" if they want.

I can see why Potter doesn't do his dirty washing in public as it leaves him nowhere else to go. If he slags the team off publicly and they do as badly the following week what does he do then? I expect he's keeping it behind closed doors. That said his baffling comments about "sparking up in the second half" and the side not being soft are a bit wide of the mark. I know he may want to focus on the positives but I think there's a need for some players to recognise they could do better, I just hope that in private Potter is getting to the heart of the matter as that's what's needed.

We sure haven't been helped by injury but that's not a problem unique to us. Hull KR just got a deserved draw by scoring 36 points versus Saints with both 1st choice halfbacks missing. The rest of their team pulled together and looked great. What are the chances of our lot managing that?'"

Exactly, if KR can pull out that sort of result against a team like Saints when they've a very similar injury list to us then injuries cannot be used as an excuse for poor performance.

QUOTE | REPLY
44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4423828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cbr1000rr
8m
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
21m