JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bullnorthern "It seems to me that the relevant part of the form to be completed is 16a which asks for details of any "unfit conduct". l agree with Adey in that I don't know how much use this formal return would be to interested but not directly involved parties such as members of this forum.
As regards Gerry Sutcliffe I doubt whether 100's of thousands was donated by Bradford South constituents. However your point regarding MP's (not just Sutcliffe) acting for constituents who were creditors of the old company is germane.
Like you , I would dearly love to know the true objective story of what happened and why. I just don't know whether the "administration" route is the best way to gather that knowledge.
Oh for a David Conn type investigative journalist to uncover the truth!'"

I don't disagree. I just don't know how we make those judgments without seeing the report. The spectre of David Conn is interesting. I strongly suspect one of his key starting points would be the administrators report.

mat
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9553
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As I understand it paying the overdraft off was main use (along with paying one of the tax bills) made of the 500k raised from us. Seem to remember that hood and Bennett couldn't stand down as directors until their PGs were discharged by the overdraft being cleared but this then left club with no operating capital. Hence the need for advances of the sky monies to pay the wages.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Northernrelic "The transactions with NAK were fully disclosed as required in the accounts - and there is no law preventing companies with joint management/ownership trading with each other. As NAK ended up being one of the largest creditors of the company I think you have some way to go yet before you have proved your case that any of our benighted and mercifully former directors gained personally from the disaster they manifested upon the club.'"

Thankfully it's not my case and you're quite correct as to the law not preventing companies with joint management/shareholding trading with each other. My point was that when one of these companies goes into admin or liquidation, the transactions between the two will be scrutinised for any evidence of possible irregularities. Such evidence maybe the purchase of goods at inflated prices or the sale of goods at particularly low prices.

Or, the sequence of events allowing directors to discharge PGs as FA refers to.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1149
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Pure suposition but imagine the following conversations:

Scene one - Bank

Bank Manager 1 " Why goodness me George the Bradford Bulls account seems to have received a substantial sum of readies from someone living at "the Red Shed" or some plebian name like that"
Bank Manager 2 " While my word, I know those golly good sorts down at HQ have spent the last ten years telling us to give money to any one asked, but apparenently there was a bit of an incident and now we are not to lend money to anyone"
Bank manager 1 " While that was fortuitous just as the nice Bull chaps have gone into credit for the first time since that nice Welsh gentleman deposited a postal order in 1963 - we better remove their overdraft facitlity pretty sharpish eh!"

Scene 2 - large hole in Ground in South Bradford
Peter " Oh ****"
Another " What can be the matter Peter?"
Peter " We don't have any money and that squad of ours need paying at the end of the month"
Another " Well do you have any fans left or did they all follow that nice Mr Mcbanana chap to Hull"
Peter " I saw some last week - do you think they could give us some money?"

And the rest - as we know is history

RankPostsTeam
International Star1149
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: M@islebugs "Thankfully it's not my case and you're quite correct as to the law not preventing companies with joint management/shareholding trading with each other. My point was that when one of these companies goes into admin or liquidation, the transactions between the two will be scrutinised for any evidence of possible irregularities. Such evidence maybe the purchase of goods at inflated prices or the sale of goods at particularly low prices.

Or, the sequence of events allowing directors to discharge PGs as FA refers to.'"

I think standard end of admin form is to:

1) Check enough money to cover fees
2) If surplus after fees - then invoice more fees
3) print standard word doc about having taken lots of time checking conduct of directors and found nothing - then post 2nd class

Believe me if they thought anything could have been easily recovered from the directors as a result of their actions they would have done - but this is very, very rarely the case and they would have needed to have been caught taking cash out of the till.

RankPostsTeam
International Star884No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Northernrelic "Pure suposition but imagine the following conversations

I suspect something similar but related to the pledge money. The Sky money is paid monthly so no big cash amount but the pledge certainly generated a large amount of money in one go. Bank then took the oportunity to cut or clear the overdraft and our budget for that year is gone. Ties in with timing of the stadium deal to some extent.

As FA says though we have heard conflicting stories about the banks involvement. The bank may just have got wind of other problems with our finances and decided (rightly from their point of view) to get while they could recover something.

38 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
38 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

13.00927734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk V5
batleyrhino
4m
Former players
weighman
12m