FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Bradford Bulls > Potter CANNOT get a new deal!
75 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As anyone thought mick potter doesn't want the job but if he walks away would lose out on payments etc, i may get a ripping for this but a very close source suggested this to me last year with some of potters actions in terms of selection and to me he doesn't seem to care less. Win lose or draw his response is always the same, he should of come out and slammed the bulls for such an horrendous score line at home and apologised to the supporters.
Complete overhaul needed at the bulls, i'd sooner see young enthusiastic players wanting to put effort in , couldn't lose by much more. Our conditioning is a joke , firstly the 30 % fitter comment, yeah losing the 2nd half 34-6 and regardless of "some injuries unavoidable " i honestly believe the players are not conditioned correctly, every single year there are 4 or 5 major long term injuries, no other club suffers like we do, yes maybe 1 or 2 long term but ours year on year is ridiculous . The bulls need to be very very careful, without some form of a push for the playoffs (which i think is miles away) this pledge thing wont stand for another year, they would have to drop them to £50 and even then would struggle for more than 5k imo. The fact hood has stated we are full capacity on the cap shows 1 of 2 things, either 1- he is lying or 2- we are paying way over the odds for some players.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8877No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/combustable.gif
Red Amber and Black Fantasy Rugby League Champion 2012. By far the most sensible posts on this thread have come from mystic eddie. - copyright Ewwenorfolk 09.04.2013 Aye, and Eddie is hinting at it too. And, as we all know: Mystic Eddie has been right all along! - copyright vbfg 05.01.2017:Others/combustable.gif

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "I did tell you it wouldn't be the answer, but would you listen? '"

Look, you KNOW you always right FA, you really don't need me to tell you. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star7112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: daveyz999 "again, being realistic, its no surprise we lost to Wigan on the 3rd game of the season.

did you think we would win?

I expect the team to perform better against the big teams, but i'm prepared to let them get used to each other before branding the season a failure (after round 3).

Some fans expect us to sign class players and then finish top - lets not get carried away!

Look at the fixtures, our first 4 home games couldn't have been much harder. Let the players find some form, then we will see them competing with the top teams. Calling for potters head after round 3 just seems a little premature.'"

When have i said i expect us to finish top I said top 8. I then provided you with stats to suggest we have to beat the top sides.

I didn't expect us to beat Wigan. I do expect us to be competitive and not be humilated and concede 50 points again.

We have played two home games and haven't even looked like troubling the opposition.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

Quote: Bull Mania "When have i said i expect us to finish top I said top 8. I then provided you with stats to suggest we have to beat the top sides.

I didn't expect us to beat Wigan. I do expect us to be competitive and not be humilated and concede 50 points again.

We have played two home games and haven't even looked like troubling the opposition.'"

I didn't think we looked too bad in the first half. We competed and only let them score as a result of a mistake or 2.

2nd half was one to forget though - I'm not going to condone that!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: Bull Mania "When have i said i expect us to finish top I said top 8. I then provided you with stats to suggest we have to beat the top sides.

We have played two home games and haven't even looked like troubling the opposition.'"

Looking at the next two home games I can't see us troubling them too much either, to be honest, well not in terms of looking as though we might win, though I definitely hope we will defend a bit better. Thing is, we're talking about last years top four being served up in our first four home games. It was always going to be hard and, bar a miracle a pointless four games. I do, of course, live in hope as always, but fully expect reality to bite me on the bum.

For sure, it's never good to concede 50, but Wigan will do that to stronger sides than us before the season is over and in all honesty I don't think it effects where we will finish come September. Losing to Wakey would have bigger consequences so let's hope we rebound on them like we did at Cas.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31800
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

While wins versus the top 4 might be almost impossible I would like to see us compete a bit more. That would at least show we were making progress. The Wire game is a big one IMO because last year you could see from the players body langauge in the warm up that they were resigned to a hiding. The result was Wire didn't have to break sweat to hammer us as we gifted them tries all over the park. It was second only to Salford away as our worst performance last year.

75 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
75 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.376953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
6m
Shareholders Meeting
Khlav Kalash
6m