Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Stanley30 "Salford fan in peace- we were just the better team. Your pack got moved about and couldn't cope. No o e on your team even tried to get hold of the game. Not being smug, but only 1 of your 17 outplayed ours'"

You, you were excellent and look much improved over previous seasons. Hopefully you can give poor Marwan a break this season and have a decent year. If SL could get Salford, Hull and Catalans all up challenging for the trophies it would greatly improve the competition. It'll be interesting to see how you go over the next couple of weeks. My take on tonight, as good as you were, is that more if it was to do with our coaching and attitude, but if you can back up tonight it'll disprove that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agreed. Thanks

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15252_1297730111.jpg
[color=#FF0000:dd3r80vu][b:dd3r80vu]I HATE ALL THE PIES[/b:dd3r80vu][/color:dd3r80vu]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15252.jpg

Quote: St pete "I can understand KC wants to keep JT and Walsh together but if you loose a player then you sometime have to change the team. Putting LMS is shocking when we have a centre in Turner at 6. We then have a 6 in fages sat on the bench and one in burns sat at home.

Surely much easier to put Turner at centre, Burns at 6 and fages at 9. We look all over the place.'"

Was JT actually playing?

As they say what a shocker by the whole team. They soon sussed us out; number up on one side - mainly their right and find out we had no full back there. The one from the scrum was absolutely disgraceful. 7 against 2.
Burns and JT avoided any contact. Thompson was out of his depth. I could go on and on and on.

The Roosters could fly out on the same day and still trounce us based on this performance.

And... well done Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2975
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Walmsley head and shoulders your best player, you'd better hope he has a mare next week because if the NRL come sniffing and he decides to give it a go you're in deep trouble.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15252_1297730111.jpg
[color=#FF0000:dd3r80vu][b:dd3r80vu]I HATE ALL THE PIES[/b:dd3r80vu][/color:dd3r80vu]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15252.jpg

I love this from KC"It was a horrible start to the game, completely and utterly a mentality thing. We just didn't approach the game with the right mindset.

"You can smell an air of complacency about the place just before the game. I spoke to my staff about it, I was a little bit worried about it but, once they're ready to cross the line, it's a little late'"

If he thinks its just a mental attitude he has a problem with his own attitude to coaching. Exactly what is his job? He could smell complacency - so I ask again what the f is his job if not at least part motivation ESPECIALLY as he knew it was there.
Read it and weep.

RankPostsTeam
International Star807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

With a wedding this year to pay for and having already bought my roosters tickets thats me done for this year. If a coach can admit his time have got the wrong attitude (which he said a number of times last year) then as a fan ive not got the right attitude to keep wasting money.

That tonight was a disgrace and im not having it. Players in wrong positions, no heart, crap coaching team and the poorest captain we have ever had. Captain fantastic jon wilkin in the second row had 0 hit ups tonight. That is a disgrace. But he is one of the old boys club so he'll recieve another 3 year deal. Only walmsley can take anything from that game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: LFC Saint "With a wedding this year to pay for and having already bought my roosters tickets thats me done for this year. If a coach can admit his time have got the wrong attitude (which he said a number of times last year) then as a fan ive not got the right attitude to keep wasting money.

That tonight was a disgrace and im not having it. Players in wrong positions, no heart, crap coaching team and the poorest captain we have ever had. Captain fantastic jon wilkin in the second row had 0 hit ups tonight. That is a disgrace. But he is one of the old boys club so he'll recieve another 3 year deal. Only walmsley can take anything from that game.'"

Was there something wrong with Wilkin tonight? I'm usually a fan of his and it's hard to fault his commitment. But tonight I'd say he was directly responsible for about four clean breaks, simply by not reacting and not making any effort to make a tackle. Can someone tell me who the player is that ignores Carney when he makes the break from the kick on their line? One of our players just wasn't interested and I couldn't make out who it was.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain10No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well here we are again, a new season, more complaints.... It's what we do as fans icon_smile.gif Massively regret waking up at 4am for that utter rubbish.

So it seems nothing has changed from last season?

Outrageous coaching, outrageous team selection and just out-right outrageous pathetic performances from certain players!

I know it’s been mentioned but Turner in the halves, when you have Fages on the bench and Burns fit is just stupid. But the worst of all, Turner playing in the halves means LMS in the centres?! I mean LMS wouldn’t even get in my team let alone a place out of position. He poses no threat in the centres and is quite frankly awful…I’d say marginally better in the forwards too. I’d rather not talk about him much more as it frustrates me. A Wakefield player at best.

Fages comes on in the second half and we move Turner back to centre and LMS to SR or LF, this makes no sense at all? Disrupting the team at the pivotal players is asking for disaster.

One thing that annoyed me was Lui’s first try. Thompson, f**king Thompson, a prop forward, defending in the back line from a scrum! Against any half back, or even a back with a bit of pace, must be a dream for them. That's too easy for a fast player vs a forward. Yes Wilkin made poor read but that’s just a simple one on one….a back would obviously get there and make the tackle. This is down to the coaching, why is he there? Wilkin and Thompson should be in the scrum? People will argue they are the better defenders, and yes maybe….when in the middle of the park and you have your defenders close to you. From a scrum, just no…. Christ, I’d fancy myself one on one with Thompson. Shocking, shocking coaching.

Jack Owens, as people have said, not up to Saints standard. Is that 3 games on the bounce he’s dropped a high ball and we’ve conceded a try? Offers nothing in attack, poor organization and as the last line of defense we have no hope. People saying he’s a winger…. So swap him with Makinson or even Swift? Very poor.

Lama Tasi….I mean come on….need I say more, pansy.

Vea was disappointing too. What’s up with Greenwood?

Ok the final point, and one which drives me absolutely crazy, literally to boiling point……is our kick offs! It is the same kick off every time!?! I understand maybe the first 2 are the same, long and deep to the ideal side of our best defenders, no problem. Concede again, same kick off….NO, just NO! If you go 2 tries down, for me you try a short kick off (if I was coaching I would do a short one at every opportunity), at least you try a different side, or maybe a hard drill along the floor, or to the oppositions weaker catches. One thing you don’t do is kick it to their BEST ball player, so he can then pass it to their BEST forward, to drive it right back at us. For me, these are little plays that can change games, you win the ball back after conceding a try and you’re in their half attacking right back at them! This will be down to the coaching but also the players, it doesn’t need to coach to say do a short kick off, its common sense when the chips are down and you need the ing ball, you do it, or do something different! Then, last night…. to my absolute astonishment, we did a short kick off! YES! FINALLY! a014.gif a014.gif a014.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif
….79 mins, 44-10 points down. Is that a f*ckin joke, IS THAT A F**KING JOKE?! P*ss off Saints, P*SS RIGHT OFF!

Shocking performance. Nothing positive to come out of it whatsoever. The game VS Roosters on Friday will be worse than last years World Club Challenge. If it’s not, I’ll be absolutely amazed….

One things for sure – thank god Pearce f*cked that dog!!! icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9877
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28231_1332863667.jpeg
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER! TEAM UP! TEAM UP!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28231.jpeg

It's great reading these meltdowns.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Don't get me wrong, last night was absolutely awful.

But I'm not going to go OTT. It is not an indicator of the long term prospects for this team. You can have great sides that get a good tonking from and unexpected position. I'm more than happy to rip into the team for pretty much everything they did last night, but I'm not writing off the season after one game. Just as we should not pick the team based on one performance ie Huddersfield.

Having said all that some people really stank the place out last night. Walsh can't play in a side that is not on top, he just has no ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and make a difference. When we are on top, he looks class. When we are on the back foot at best he looks ineffective, at worst he looks afraid. Seeing him run away from tackles would be funny if he was playing for someone else.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Saddened! "Was there something wrong with Wilkin tonight? I'm usually a fan of his and it's hard to fault his commitment. But tonight I'd say he was directly responsible for about four clean breaks, simply by not reacting and not making any effort to make a tackle. Can someone tell me who the player is that ignores Carney when he makes the break from the kick on their line? One of our players just wasn't interested and I couldn't make out who it was.'"

Jon Wilkin can't play backrow anymore. He's always been to small but his two years on the halves have made it impossible for him to move back to the pack.

Imo if he's not playing in halves or as ball playing loose then he shouldn't play.

I've never seen a team with so many poor one on one tacklers. I've said it all last year how poor our one on ones are. Wilkin, Vea, Greenwood, Turner, Richards, Walsh to name are few can't tackle one on one.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: St pete "

Longy was just like that as well, its ironic that Longy is our defensive coach (for some unknown reason). Our coaching set up looks really fragmented, also do we have a "mental coach", two games in and our lazy attitude has re-surfaced, what are we doing prior to kick off having a cup of tea and a cream scone.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

KC coming out and saying he knew they were complacent is such an odd thing for a coach to say. Surely all it would take to eradicate that would be some strong words from KC himself? You know, do his job basically.

When they came out after the HT break I was fully expecting Saints to wake up and start playing but it didn't happen. You can't possibly put that down to complacency. The first 15 minutes fine, but after you've got them in the dressing rooms at HT and given them some harsh words, that should all be gone. And yet it wasn't.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain34No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74728_1454096752.jpg
I wanna be........:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74728.jpg

Decided to sleep it off before coming on here to calm down a bit!

Starting with the coach, he obviously got last night's team selection horribly wrong. He seems hell bent on his Turner at 6 experiment working, when it clearly isn't. McManus cannot be happy after spending so much money on Burns and Fages and they're not getting a game at 6 because of Turner. Playing Knowles at 9 was completely bizzare. I felt sorry for the lad. He wasn't great but it wasn't his fault. A young back rower with no experience put into the team in one of the most important positions, unbelievable. Charnock hasn't looked amazing but he's done a steady job at 9 when called upon and tonight was a perfect time to get him more game time.

Ridiculous team selection aside, KC cannot take all the blame for last night. The minimum paying fans want, or rightly demand should I say, when they go to the game is the right attitude and effort. Even with KC's astounding 17, you line up both 17's and tell me we shouldn't be winning that game. If the players turn up with the right attitude we win last night for me. They have badly let the fans down who turned up and, Walmsley aside, have produced one of the worst performances in recent St.Helens history. Many will blame Owens but I almost felt sorry for him last night. The lad had a shocker and hopefully he can forget about it soon enough. He's not great but 3rd choice fullbacks rarely are.

Where does the team go from here? KC said he isn't afraid to wield the axe but we all know by now that he is. You cant blame Masoe or Travis Burns for last night. Whatever you think of Burns, he is a fighter and the type of character we needed last night. His treatment of Greenwood is bizzare. Granted he went backwards last year towards the end but Greg Richards has been on a consistent downwards spiral since the 2014 Grand Final.

With it looking like no Roby or Percival for Roosters and then a trip to KR after that, I can see a big Eamon McManus motivating statement (again) and a Jon Wilkin interview making bold statements in the near future.

RankPostsTeam
International Star993
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63644_1343901350.jpg
[color=#FF0000:3s5hr9kj]Have you noticed, you can never find a radical priest when you need one.[/color:3s5hr9kj]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63644.jpg

Top and bottom of it is you have the personnel on the field, the problem is not there, the big problem is KC is not a good coach, and never will be. END OF! a046.gif d040.gif

107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0224609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Eastern Wild
7m
Tonights match v HKR
DizzyHeights
12m