JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2595.jpg
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now. [quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point. Thick as pig swill.[/quote]:2595.jpg

Quote: St pete "And I'm told the same by players.'"

So if the players think Brown is a great coach, were do they think it's gone wrong? The lack of a half back cannot be blamed for a lot of the feeble showings this year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Billinge_Lump "So if the players think Brown is a great coach, were do they think it's gone wrong? The lack of a half back cannot be blamed for a lot of the feeble showings this year.'"

God knows mate.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Billinge_Lump "So if the players think Brown is a great coach, were do they think it's gone wrong? The lack of a half back cannot be blamed for a lot of the feeble showings this year.'"

He might be a great coach with the exception of match days, so do we put a lot of blame on the players who can,t even do the basics right of pass, catch and tackle and adding the terrible playing attitude this season.

The majority of the team are brain dead in rugby terms surely Brown is responsible for that.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14094
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2595.jpg
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now. [quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point. Thick as pig swill.[/quote]:2595.jpg

He got a pretty poor Huddersfield team to tackle and defend well, there's a reason it isn't working here. I'm not sure it's all his fault to be honest, our defence is the worst part of our game.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

A couple of contacts I have at Saints really rate Brown so either he's a very good salesman and conning them or the fans have got it wrong. I suppose time will tell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Rogues Gallery "A couple of contacts I have at Saints really rate Brown so either he's a very good salesman and conning them or the fans have got it wrong. I suppose time will tell.'"

I think he is conning everybody, we have 2 on loan players which are holding back the development of our own players.

We have o,Brien who is now taking the place of a better player in Charnock, we have Howarth who is now taking the place of a better player in Thompson.
Another thing we have noticed is that the on loan players made reasonably satisfactory debuts, but now they sre familar with the coaching regime they have got progressively worse.

Mr Wane would have none of this, so maybe Brown is a better coach than Wane and the fans no nothing.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2595.jpg

He coached an NRL team for 5 years, and took Huddersfield up a notch to cup finals and consistent high placed league finishes. That doesn't correspond to someone conning anyone about his ability. I don't think he's a real top class coach in the mould of Bennett, but his record suggests better than what we're seeing at the moment. If players are also rating him, that suggests to me that the faults may lie elsewhere, at least in part.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Billinge_Lump "He coached an NRL team for 5 years, and took Huddersfield up a notch to cup finals and consistent high placed league finishes. That doesn't correspond to someone conning anyone about his ability. I don't think he's a real top class coach in the mould of Bennett, but his record suggests better than what we're seeing at the moment. If players are also rating him, that suggests to me that the faults may lie elsewhere, at least in part.'"

But he has history of messing players about which he appears to be at every club he has managed. He was found guilty of assaulting Thompson and Barrett and fined 5000 dollars, he had the mutiny at Huddersfield last year.
The picture I am getting now is that his man management technique maybe conning the players short term to believe in him when in reality his coaching abilty is erratic by way of selection and game execution.
We have 7 more games to try and turn things around but I don,t have confidence that Brown is capable of improving the current players skillset and more importantly..............ATTITUDE.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Billinge_Lump "He coached an NRL team for 5 years, and took Huddersfield up a notch to cup finals and consistent high placed league finishes. That doesn't correspond to someone conning anyone about his ability. I don't think he's a real top class coach in the mould of Bennett, but his record suggests better than what we're seeing at the moment. If players are also rating him, that suggests to me that the faults may lie elsewhere, at least in part.'"

Were St George successful under him?

So far as Hudds are concerned, he got them to ONE cup final, which they lost, and they progressively deteriorated under him subsequent to that up to the point where they imploded in 2012. Contrast that with, say, Tony Smith at Wire, where there has been consistent challenging from a team that had previously consistently missed the boat and I'd say Brown's record certainly doesn't warrant the faith that McManus put in him (ie didn't bother interviewing anyone else, signed him up for three years).

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Were St George successful under him?

So far as Hudds are concerned, he got them to ONE cup final, which they lost, and they progressively deteriorated under him subsequent to that up to the point where they imploded in 2012. Contrast that with, say, Tony Smith at Wire, where there has been consistent challenging from a team that had previously consistently missed the boat and I'd say Brown's record certainly doesn't warrant the faith that McManus put in him (ie didn't bother interviewing anyone else, signed him up for three years).'"

But Tony Smith has brought hardly anybody through from his youth system since he came to Warrington.
On Monday night the only player on the Wire side that has come through their system since Smith arrived was Ben Currie. He fielded about ten players over the age of thirty.

I was privy to a conversation between a Wigan staff member and a Wire staff member at the U19's game at Orrell between the two teams earlier in the season.

Wire employee "Your young players did well last night, HE won't give ours a chance"

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2595.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Were St George successful under him?

So far as Hudds are concerned, he got them to ONE cup final, which they lost, and they progressively deteriorated under him subsequent to that up to the point where they imploded in 2012. Contrast that with, say, Tony Smith at Wire, where there has been consistent challenging from a team that had previously consistently missed the boat and I'd say Brown's record certainly doesn't warrant the faith that McManus put in him (ie didn't bother interviewing anyone else, signed him up for three years).'"

Took them to second and knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual winners in one year, in the hothouse of the NRL, if he'd been garbage he'd have been found out in a year. He took Huddersfield a step up above what they were, had them consistently finishing at a higher level than they had previously and got them to a cup final.

I would expect Smith to be challenging given the amount of money he's spent, though he has struggled to take them the extra step to League Champions.

Whilst he may have problems as a coach, the way this year has fallen apart is too extreme for it to be his fault alone, especially if players are stating that he's a good coach.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Billinge_Lump "Took them to second and knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual winners in one year, in the hothouse of the NRL, if he'd been garbage he'd have been found out in a year. '"

That actually seems to happen in coaching to some anyway even in the NRL. For example, Daniel Anderson took the Eels to a grand final in his first year and then they plummeted down the table in the second (and he subsequently got the chop of course).

Quote: Billinge_Lump "He took Huddersfield a step up above what they were, had them consistently finishing at a higher level than they had previously and got them to a cup final.'"

Not quite true. They didn't reach those dizzy heights again.

Quote: Billinge_Lump "Whilst he may have problems as a coach, the way this year has fallen apart is too extreme for it to be his fault alone, especially if players are stating that he's a good coach.'"

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes at Saints - and I can't dismiss that obviously - then the only difference between last season and this is the coach.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2595.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Not quite true. They didn't reach those dizzy heights again.'"

Those dizzy heights of finishing league positions?

Quote: SaintsFan "Unless there is something going on behind the scenes at Saints - and I can't dismiss that obviously - then the only difference between last season and this is the coach.'"

Is it? Have there been no other changes at all behind the scenes?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15252_1297730111.jpg
[color=#FF0000:dd3r80vu][b:dd3r80vu]I HATE ALL THE PIES[/b:dd3r80vu][/color:dd3r80vu]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15252.jpg

Quote: Billinge_Lump "
Whilst he may have problems as a coach, the way this year has fallen apart is too extreme for it to be his fault alone, especially if players are stating that he's a good coach.'"

Who says the players think he's a good coach?
Have they been quoted in the press or on air?
Even so, they are hardly likely to say anything else, if they have to work for him after they have stated their views?

I don't think he's lost the plot; I don't think he ever had the plot. icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15174.gif

Quote: saint at wire "Who says the players think he's a good coach?
Have they been quoted in the press or on air?
Even so, they are hardly likely to say anything else, if they have to work for him after they have stated their views?

I don't think he's lost the plot; I don't think he ever had the plot.
Some people who post on here know some players so the views have been expressed off the record. Now normally off the record stuff is as a rule honest as there is little to no comeback. When Mick Plodder was coach there was lots and lots of negative off the record stuff and this was confirmed after he left at a testimonial forum I went too (one of Ade's) by several first team players and Cunningham.

So far I'm not impressed with Brown and I'm mystified as to why the players seem to be given they all look bloody clueless on the field.

122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.37158203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
3m
Leigh it is
Jason65
8m