Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

Quote: Saddened! "We're signing a player here who isn't good enough for the NRL. We've let Josh Jones go for him and I'll bet he's on no less than what Jones wanted.'"

By your logic Josh Jones isn't good enough for SL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2622
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45934_1538869507.jpg
[quote="Lebron James":37zhy5zz] [b:37zhy5zz]Saints by 32 Regards King James[/b:37zhy5zz] [/quote:37zhy5zz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45934.jpg

With all your new signings, you'll be known as the galacticos of the superleague. Team sheet for next year-

1- (what) Jim Icallit
2- Remindme Ofwho heis
3- Forgottenhis Nameagain
4- Thatbloke Fromwherever
5- Ahh Mimemoriesgoing
6-Junnowhat Ican'tthinkofhisname
7- What's Hisface
8- Whoja Meflippit
9- Roby
10- Walmsley
11-Jesus Hisnameescapesme
12-blimey Thatfella
13- Eerm Ahthingi

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Quote: Gazwire "With all your new signings, you'll be known as the galacticos of the superleague. Team sheet for next year-

1- (what) Jim Icallit
2- Remindme Ofwho heis
5- Ahh Mimemoriesgoing
7- What's Hisface
8- Whoja Meflippit
9- Roby
10- Walmsley
12-blimey Thatfella
13- Eerm Ahthingi'"

Thankfully as they all play for saints they'll still have a huge advantage over anyone who signs for wire.

But I'm sure next year will be your year. Just like this erm year.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2622
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45934_1538869507.jpg
[quote="Lebron James":37zhy5zz] [b:37zhy5zz]Saints by 32 Regards King James[/b:37zhy5zz] [/quote:37zhy5zz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45934.jpg

Yep

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Saddened! "Doesn't that give an indication though? He's 27 in Jan and hasn't established himself as a first grade player, let alone a first 17 player. I'm sure he'll be solid enough, but I'm not expecting anything positive.'"

I should imagine the club have done there homework on him, he,s going to be better than Jones or Dawson which for me is an upgrade on what we have got now. We might get lucky to a point where he is challenging Percival or Turner, would sooner look at the positive side of it rather doom and gloom the bloke before he's landed on the shores.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Gazwire "With all your new signings, you'll be known as the galacticos of the superleague. Team sheet for next year-

1- (what) Jim Icallit
2- Remindme Ofwho heis
5- Ahh Mimemoriesgoing
7- What's Hisface
8- Whoja Meflippit
9- Roby
10- Walmsley
12-blimey Thatfella
13- Eerm Ahthingi'"

Thought you where keeping off the Sandow Shandy today, Gaz.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "By your logic Josh Jones isn't good enough for SL.'"

I like Jones. He's good. Played about double the first grade games by 22 that Dominiquah has by 27.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain324No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

1- (what) Jim Icallit
2- Remindme Ofwho heis
5- Ahh Mimemoriesgoing
7- What's Hisface
8- Whoja Meflippit
9- Roby
10- Walmsley
12-blimey Thatfella
13- Eerm Ahthingi'"

eusa_whistle.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Saddened! "I like Jones. He's good. Played about double the first grade games by 22 that Dominiquah has by 27.'"

Don't think Jones would get a single first grade game in the NRL, maybe the occasional bench spot.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2928No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12714.jpg
:12714.jpg

Quote: Judder Man "Don't think Jones would get a single first grade game in the NRL, maybe the occasional bench spot.'"

I would be disappointed if we have effectively swapped Jones for this bloke. Jones may not get a start in the NRl, although there are an awful lot of puddings who have played a lot of games over there, but he proved himself to be a good player for us, who was still improving. It appears he fell out of favour with KC and I guess we will never really know why, or if we could have matched the wages he is going to be getting, but it seems a big gamble to me. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones back in SL before too long.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Judder Man "I should imagine the club have done there homework on him, he,s going to be better than Jones or Dawson which for me is an upgrade on what we have got now. We might get lucky to a point where he is challenging Percival or Turner, would sooner look at the positive side of it rather doom and gloom the bloke before he's landed on the shores.'"

Jones has suddenly become a bad player because he's leaving it seems. It was only two seasons ago people on here was saying future england player etc.

Jones is a very important member of the squad Imo and we will miss him. He's so young yet and so much growing still to come and much more quality yet to come from him and sadly we will miss it.

The way he can switch from centre to Backrow so easily for a young kid shows how far ahead he is of most lads his age.

I've not seen this Dom play but I'll be very surprised if he's on the same level as jones.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: St pete "Jones has suddenly become a bad player because he's leaving it seems. It was only two seasons ago people on here was saying future england player etc.

Jones is a very important member of the squad Imo and we will miss him. He's so young yet and so much growing still to come and much more quality yet to come from him and sadly we will miss it.

The way he can switch from centre to Backrow so easily for a young kid shows how far ahead he is of most lads his age.

I've not seen this Dom play but I'll be very surprised if he's on the same level as jones.'"

Well I for one is not saying he is a bad player, personally I,ve never really rated Jones highly as others but his game has picked up in the last 4 or 5 games, I,ve watched his game in detail over the past 12 months, he goes OK in the pack but his decision making when he was at centre was pretty poor, shepherding the giants player to allow a score the other week was an example of his common weakness, also his understanding with his winger was not right.
I thought he would have kicked on to another level similar to the way Percival progressed but he hasn't, he's gone outside the 17 and is not going to replace Vea, Greenwood, LMS, Sav, Wilkin in the pack or Turner, Percival in the centres.
Maybe he has realised that being a fringe player is his level and has given him reason to get the cash and try his hand at Exeter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Judder Man "Well I for one is not saying he is a bad player, personally I,ve never really rated Jones highly as others but his game has picked up in the last 4 or 5 games, I,ve watched his game in detail over the past 12 months, he goes OK in the pack but his decision making when he was at centre was pretty poor, shepherding the giants player to allow a score the other week was an example of his common weakness, also his understanding with his winger was not right.
I thought he would have kicked on to another level similar to the way Percival progressed but he hasn't, he's gone outside the 17 and is not going to replace Vea, Greenwood, LMS, Sav, Wilkin in the pack or Turner, Percival in the centres.
Maybe he has realised that being a fringe player is his level and has given him reason to get the cash and try his hand at Exeter.'"

Maybe he's not had the game time the others have had and always one of the scapegoats for KC when we drop players.

I don't think he's a world beater avd I don't think he will ever make a international squad but he's a top squad player. Teams need this type of player and they become very important during the season.

Saints offerd him decent contract but if you could see what he's got In Union then anybody would jump at it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: St pete "Maybe he's not had the game time the others have had and always one of the scapegoats for KC when we drop players.

I don't think he's a world beater avd I don't think he will ever make a international squad but he's a top squad player. Teams need this type of player and they become very important during the season.

Saints offerd him decent contract but if you could see what he's got In Union then anybody would jump at it.'"

Probably the case with the game time, yourself and a few others who are "in the know" with the team can probably see better what Jones has to offer.

I'm just casting opinion on him on match day performance and how he in particular "fits into " to our back line, Swift looks a better player with Turner inside him, Dawson looks a better player with Percival inside him, put Jones into the centres and that particular edge becomes indecisive in both offence and defence.

In the pack he's not exposed as much but he does have a lazy defence at times. With his decision to move on, maybe it will give Knowles and Davies a chance to target 1st team honours and progression.

Another player I,m concerned about is Thompson who I rated highly last year but has seemed to have flat lined a bit this year, injuries, game time stability perhaps.

As for Dominique Peyroux he is an unknown international player, but we should,t "rubbish" him because his name doesn't sound right or he is a british fan non entity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Quote: SomersetSaint "I would be disappointed if we have effectively swapped Jones for this bloke. Jones may not get a start in the NRl, although there are an awful lot of puddings who have played a lot of games over there, but he proved himself to be a good player for us, who was still improving. It appears he fell out of favour with KC and I guess we will never really know why, or if we could have matched the wages he is going to be getting, but it seems a big gamble to me. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones back in SL before too long.'"

We've not swapped for Jones though.

If you're happy to pay Jones upwards of £70000 of cap(I think that was the rumoured amount) then we would not need to replace him.

We could not match Union s offer for a utility player.

I like Jones and think he's a great addition to the side but how much do you pay on utility players and how much on starting choices.

Will he play centre above turner or Percival? So they will get more than him.

Will he get in the second row or loose ahead of Lms, vea, savelio, Wilkin, greenwood?

Then he is looking to compete with Richards and Thompson, I'd value him above these for his utility but if you're paying £70k+ to Jones everyone above gets more and they are not even the top earners.

Bar maybe the likes of Wilkins vea and Lms.

Talent wise yes I'd keep Jones every day but to pay that amount would mean shipping out someone above him in the pecking order of being a first choice pick.

You can't pay that much for utility.

187 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
187 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.13623046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
19m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
19m