JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Rogues Gallery "Would Lewis Tierney not be an option on loan (or permanent). He is behind Bowen and Hampshire at present for the fullback position and behind Manfredi, Burgess and Charnley for wing. He has pace, and a good step. My only reservation with him is when running the ball out he tends to go sideways, a bit like Ash Golding at Leeds.

He played very well on the wing at Salford on Easter Monday.'"

Wigan wouldnt loan him to saints.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60223.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "This is not strictly true. ACL grafts are usually more robust than the original tissue. It's the elasticity which is lost (or, sans improvements in the field of surgical grafts, used to be). Unfortunately, by strengthening the ligament you take away the "safety" mechanism of rupture when the joint is overloaded. This shock is then transferred to the surrounding structures in the knee and damage can occur at any or all these points.'"

Which part of what I said isn't true?

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

Quote: Twentyman "Like you said, he was a rookie then, and I wonder with increased experience and ability to read a game whether he could move back into the halves in the future?'"

Whilst it is hard for any kid to excel whilst physically under-developed - I tend to think "ball handling" is something you are born with. You don't need to be fleshed out circa age 22 to have the vision to see a runner in space and put the ball in his hands. Bear in mind that almost all of the best ball-handling scrum halves this country has produced, whilst physically under-developed, wear able to function to some degree even in their teens. Bobbie Goulding is a classic example.

Admittedly, Lomax's opportunities at scrum half were limited. But at no time during his occupancy of the role did I ever get the feeling that he showed signs of being a distributor. From the outset he was a nimble-footed, scooting half.

Each time you attack the line you face an incredibly challenging and mentally complex conundrum. It requires a unique awareness of time and space to "see" not just how the defensive pattern is currently arranged but how best to exploit it in the context of your own players movements. The masters of their craft seem able to conceptualise a four-dimensional model of the motions of players and can plot the optimal route to success - whether it be a set move, a kick or - the toughest of the lot - opportunistic. Such players are always that bit quicker in thought. But they are also patient. The acid test for any distributor is when he's facing an organised and aggressive defence at first receiver whilst trying to pick out the man in space. In most cases the scrum half will get rid of the ball far too early instead of waiting till the absolute last split-second for that one opponent to break ranks and commit himself - thus giving him the opportunity to slip his man through the gap.

The Australian Test scrum half, Brett Kimmorley, was one of the greatest ball handling scrum halves I've seen. Very often he took what seemed like an age to get rid of the ball. And yet the number of times he just slipped the pass to one his teammates running through a gap the size of a bus was amazing.

Lomax never struck me as the above kind of player. Not close. Far too often he panicked, dumped the ball off early for little gain or threw the ball aimlessly into the ground or touch. No, Jonny's agility was physical - not mental.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "Which part of what I said isn't true?'"

It's true and it's not true. The cruciate graft ITSELF is stronger and therefore less likely to snap. However, this places greater than normal stresses on the surrounding tissues since prior to repair it would have snapped BEFORE the load is transferred to the rest of the knee.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Mugwump "Whilst it is hard for any kid to excel whilst physically under-developed - I tend to think "ball handling" is something you are born with. You don't need to be fleshed out circa age 22 to have the vision to see a runner in space and put the ball in his hands. Bear in mind that almost all of the best ball-handling scrum halves this country has produced, whilst physically under-developed, wear able to function to some degree even in their teens. Bobbie Goulding is a classic example.

Admittedly, Lomax's opportunities at scrum half were limited. But at no time during his occupancy of the role did I ever get the feeling that he showed signs of being a distributor. From the outset he was a nimble-footed, scooting half.

Each time you attack the line you face an incredibly challenging and mentally complex conundrum. It requires a unique awareness of time and space to "see" not just how the defensive pattern is currently arranged but how best to exploit it in the context of your own players movements. The masters of their craft seem able to conceptualise a four-dimensional model of the motions of players and can plot the optimal route to success - whether it be a set move, a kick or - the toughest of the lot - opportunistic. Such players are always that bit quicker in thought. But they are also patient. The acid test for any distributor is when he's facing an organised and aggressive defence at first receiver whilst trying to pick out the man in space. In most cases the scrum half will get rid of the ball far too early instead of waiting till the absolute last split-second for that one opponent to break ranks and commit himself - thus giving him the opportunity to slip his man through the gap.

The Australian Test scrum half, Brett Kimmorley, was one of the greatest ball handling scrum halves I've seen. Very often he took what seemed like an age to get rid of the ball. And yet the number of times he just slipped the pass to one his teammates running through a gap the size of a bus was amazing.

Lomax never struck me as the above kind of player. Not close. Far too often he panicked, dumped the ball off early for little gain or threw the ball aimlessly into the ground or touch. No, Jonny's agility was physical - not mental.'"

Im not sure what all that means but I'm guessing you think lomax is no Kimmorley?

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: St pete "Im not sure what all that means but I'm guessing you think lomax is no Kimmorley?'"

I'm saying he's not a play-making distributor.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "It's true and it's not true. The cruciate graft ITSELF is stronger and therefore less likely to snap. However, this places greater than normal stresses on the surrounding tissues since prior to repair it would have snapped BEFORE the load is transferred to the rest of the knee.'"

I have never mentioned a cruciate graft. I think you're putting words in my mouth here and/or going off on one of your silly know-it-all point-scoring exercises.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "I have never mentioned a cruciate graft. I think you're putting words in my mouth here and/or going off on one of your silly know-it-all point-scoring exercises.'"

Pleeeeeease not another willy-waving thread of mutual insults. This thread has been sane and reasonable up until now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Artist formerly known as THELAST3YARDS:

Quote: St pete "Wigan wouldnt loan him to saints.'"

Wouldn't want Tierney. He's no better than some of our 19's now.

Rather keep Fleming in the backs or play Bailey in his usual position.
Alternatively there is Dougie Charnock who played at 1 when he was a younger player.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "I have never mentioned a cruciate graft. I think you're putting words in my mouth here and/or going off on one of your silly know-it-all point-scoring exercises.'"

You should know he's right. He's super coach, medical expert and worlds best rugby league historian

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

You said "ligament". The graft (which may be full or partial) effectively replaces the ligament. Hence the term "ligament graft".

[i"ACL reconstruction surgery uses a graft to replace the ligament. The most common grafts are autografts using part of your own body, such as the tendon of the kneecap (patellar tendon) or one of the hamstring tendons. Another choice is allograft tissue, which is taken from a deceased donor.[/i

It it stronger than the original ligament. Ergo it is LESS LIKELY to break under the same load.

QED.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "You said "ligament". The graft (which may be full or partial) effectively replaces the ligament. Hence the term "ligament graft".

[i"ACL reconstruction surgery uses a graft to replace the ligament. The most common grafts are autografts using part of your own body, such as the tendon of the kneecap (patellar tendon) or one of the hamstring tendons. Another choice is allograft tissue, which is taken from a deceased donor.[/i

It it stronger than the original ligament. Ergo it is LESS LIKELY to break under the same load.

QED.'"

Don't try and patronise me mate. Adding QED to the end of your post doesn't make you come across as intelligent, though it does add weight to the ever growing opinion of you on here.

You are putting words into my mouth again. Why do you keep talking to me about grafts when I have not mentioned them once? At no point have I even touched upon grafts or replacements or reconstructions or surgery or even this specific injury to Lomax. I was quite clearly speaking in general terms with regards to ligament damage, using my own injury as an example.

I damaged my ligaments quite badly but didn't require any graft and its the ligaments that have caused me more problems than the broken leg.

Now that we have cleared that up and ascertained that you misunderstood my post and went off on your own self-righteous path, maybe we can stick to the topic at hand?

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "Don't try and patronise me mate.'"

Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "You are putting words into my mouth again. Why do you keep talking to me about grafts when I have not mentioned them once?'"

You said"Ligaments on the other hand are much more vulnerable to go again though."[/i

I said that ligament grafts - which *the player we are talking about* has already received, is likely to receive, and which even patients on the NHS receive - because it is the best treatment for the condition, are stronger than before. Therefore they are less likely to break.

I really don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3839
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.

You said"Ligaments on the other hand are much more vulnerable to go again though."[/i

I said that ligament grafts - which *the player we are talking about* has already received, is likely to receive, and which even patients on the NHS receive - because it is the best treatment for the condition, are stronger than before. Therefore they are less likely to break.

I really don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.'"

I simply said ligaments are much more vulnerable to go again once they've been damaged. That is true. Notice I said damaged, not replaced or reconstructed or anything if the sort.

You have since quoted me and started talking about grafts and replacements which I have not mentioned once.

To make this very clear once and for all, I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT GRAFTS.
What is difficult about THAT?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "I simply said ligaments are much more vulnerable to go again once they've been damaged. That is true. Notice I said damaged, not replaced or reconstructed or anything if the sort.

You have since quoted me and started talking about grafts and replacements which I have not mentioned once.

To make this very clear once and for all, I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT GRAFTS.
What is difficult about THAT?'"

He's typing his next novel like a mad man now in response to your post.

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.27978515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
4m
Leigh it is
JIMMY MAGNET
4m