FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > St. Helens > Time to recall jamie foster?
226 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

I'm more surprised that Hull have performed so well of late, with Gentle making it quite clear he thinks he needs 6-7 new players next year and letting players go mid-season even though they are short on numbers. If he was a permier league manager then it would be fair play as he could just go out and buy whoever, but in RL, with the limit cap wise and transfer wise it seams a bit short shrift with players that he needs to finish this season with.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24955No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SaintsFan "

Although I agree with what you have said.

Apart from about three games Turner has been average all this season, this goes along with the previous two years of being average, his defence is awful and his attack is only good against weaker teams.

Foster has been an awful signing, I have never seen a weaker winger, he makes hardly any yards at all, apart from his kicking he offers nothing at all, I'd be surprised to see him playing SL in a couple of years, with his kicking I would go to RU if I was him, or he will be playing Championship rugby very soon.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15174.gif

Quote: Dave K. "

Foster has been an awful signing, I have never seen a weaker winger, he makes hardly any yards at all, apart from his kicking he offers nothing at all, I'd be surprised to see him playing SL in a couple of years, with his kicking I would go to RU if I was him, or he will be playing Championship rugby very soon.'"

I think quite a few people on here would support that view. He is a good finisher but he needs someone to create the chances for him ..

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24955No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: No1 Saint "I think quite a few people on here would support that view. He is a good finisher but he needs someone to create the chances for him ..'"

I quiet like him and you cant argue with his effort and enthusiasm, but he just isn't big, elusive or quick enough to play top level SL.

We have a young winger Lineham who is 4 games of professional rugby has shown more than Foster has.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif

Quote: Dave K. "I quiet like him and you cant argue with his effort and enthusiasm, but he just isn't big, elusive or quick enough to play top level SL.

We have a young winger Lineham who is 4 games of professional rugby has shown more than Foster has.'"

Can't disagree with the Foster comments really , it's a shame really but I can see him in the championship or Union in the not too distant

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "I quiet like him and you cant argue with his effort and enthusiasm, but he just isn't big, elusive or quick enough to play top level SL.'"

You're spouting the same stuff as some fans on here have, which is fundamentally to do with his physique, something he has little control over. Your whole team was a shambles yesterday so it is ridiculous to single him out. He saved your team's bacon in your recent derby match, another game which was on TV.

Oh, and he's pretty quick as you may recall from the drop out he forced in your derby game. The rest of your team just stood around while he was legging it across the pitch.

Fickle fans really do spoil RL.

Quote: Dave K. "We have a young winger Lineham who is 4 games of professional rugby has shown more than Foster has.'"

Not yesterday he didn't. He was just as bad as the rest of them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif

Quote: SaintsFan "You're spouting the same stuff as some fans on here have, which is fundamentally to do with his physique, something he has little control over. Your whole team was a shambles yesterday so it is ridiculous to single him out. He saved your team's bacon in your recent derby match, another game which was on TV.

Oh, and he's pretty quick as you may recall from the drop out he forced in your derby game. The rest of your team just stood around while he was legging it across the pitch.

Not yesterday he didn't. He was just as bad as the rest of them.'"

I really hope Dave K doesn't think you in any way represent Saints fans who know anything about Rugby at all. It's not his fault he's too slight , fair enough but that doesn't mean we should just accept it and play him anyways.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: No1 Saint "I really hope Dave K doesn't think you in any way represent Saints fans who know anything about Rugby at all. It's not his fault he's too slight , fair enough but that doesn't mean we should just accept it and play him anyways.'"

Grow up.

It is stupid to criticise a player for his size, and that is precisely what Dave K was doing, and what others on here have done - probably you included, you say such daft things sometimes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif

Quote: SaintsFan "Grow up.

It is stupid to criticise a player for his size, and that is precisely what Dave K was doing, and what others on here have done - probably you included, you say such daft things sometimes.'"

Me grow up ? Seriously it's not criticism its TRUE. You need to just accept it , Foster will never make it at Saints

Dux
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4411
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4750_1435141111.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4750.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "You're spouting the same stuff as some fans on here have, which is fundamentally to do with his physique, something he has little control over.'"

So what? Dave K said he isn't big enough. He didn't say it's his fault that he isn't big enough. And let's face it, he's right. Foster just doesn't have the explosive athleticism that's required to be a top threequarter. What's worse is that he now seems to be painfully aware of this; he is desperate to get rid of the ball every time it comes into his hands, even when he has space to run into.

I'm not one of those who thinks that because Foster is a good looking lad and owns a hairdressers he doesn't concentrate enough on his rugby. To me he's always come across as dedicated and eager to improve, but the sad truth is he just doesn't have the raw materials.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: No1 Saint "Me grow up ? Seriously it's not criticism its TRUE. You need to just accept it , Foster will never make it at Saints'"

Dave K was criticising Foster because of his physique. That is indeed true. He was doing that. I responded to that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24955No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SaintsFan "You're spouting the same stuff as some fans on here have, which is fundamentally to do with his physique, something he has little control over. Your whole team was a shambles yesterday so it is ridiculous to single him out. He saved your team's bacon in your recent derby match, another game which was on TV.

Not yesterday he didn't. He was just as bad as the rest of them.'"

How have I singled him out? Isn't this a thread about f\Foster, if you want I will talk you through player by player from yesterday, which wont be pretty and I doubt other Saints fans want to hear it?

Ive seen all of Fosters games for Hull and apart from the first game, (where he was decent), every other he has been at best average.

I have sadly watched the derby 4 times and to say that Foster saved our bacon is quiet frankly ridiculous, he wasn't even one of our top players that game, even Mcgoldrick played better than him that game and that says something.

Again i suggest you re-watch yesterdays game as Lineham must have made twice as many yards as Foster, with a lot less errors and penalties.

I'm not sure id you are related to Foster or just like to get your hair cut in his shop, but you really need to watch Foster closely and see he just isnt good enough for a team in Sl who has aspirations of winning something in RL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "How have I singled him out? Isn't this a thread about f\Foster, if you want I will talk you through player by player from yesterday, which wont be pretty and I doubt other Saints fans want to hear it? '"

I didn't say you'd singled him out. I said that the whole team was poor yesterday so to single him out is, frankly, ludicrous. Your team was rubbish and Gentle is fully justified in calling their performance embarrassing. So to come on here calling Foster when your whole team was rubbish undermines your credibility in my book. Neither of your wings performed well yesterday but nor did any member of your team. They were all utterly awful.

And yes, he did save your bacon against KR, and that began with his run across field to secure a drop out, while all the rest of your team looked on in total inaction. He also kicked extremely well that day, enabling you to score more points than KR, and assisted in a try. He also set up a great kick off which KR fumbled. In addition, he executed a terrific try saving tackle, which was one of the best tackles of the game.

I have no idea how he has performed otherwise but having watched FC whenever they have been on TV this season you aren't exactly stand out performers, and weren't so even before Foster was shipped over there.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24955No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SaintsFan "I didn't say you'd singled him out. I said that the whole team was poor yesterday so to single him out is, frankly, ludicrous. Your team was rubbish and Gentle is fully justified in calling their performance embarrassing. So to come on here calling Foster when your whole team was rubbish undermines your credibility in my book. Neither of your wings performed well yesterday but nor did any member of your team. They were all utterly awful.

And yes, he did save your bacon against KR, and that began with his run across field to secure a drop out, while all the rest of your team looked on in total inaction. He also kicked extremely well that day, enabling you to score more points than KR, and assisted in a try. He also set up a great kick off which KR fumbled. In addition, he executed a terrific try saving tackle, which was one of the best tackles of the game.

I have no idea how he has performed otherwise but having watched FC whenever they have been on TV this season you aren't exactly stand out performers, and weren't so even before Foster was shipped over there.'"

Not sure were to start? So many wrongs.

So basically I cant come on a thread about Foster and Critcise him, (might as well lock the thread if we can only say positive things about Foster) read the Hull board I have rightly criticised the full team especially the backs, however you are wrong to say that no team member played well as Lynch and Heremia has decent games for Hull.

Basically Foster won the game against Rovers on his own, no credit for Heremia who kicked for Jamie to chase, Manu who made the break to set up Yeamans try. Briscoe try saving tackle on latus which would have put Rovers in the lead, Whiting part in Briscoe try at the end?

Rugby League is a team game and Foster played a good part in helping us win that game, staying he saved us on his own, shows you have never played the game and is a great disservice to all the players who helped us win that game.

No stand out performers for Hull this year, again total rubbish, Whiting, Manu, Lynch and houghton have been outstanding for Hull this year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Quote: Dave K. "Not sure were to start? So many wrongs.

So basically I cant come on a thread about Foster and Critcise him, (might as well lock the thread if we can only say positive things about Foster) read the Hull board I have rightly criticised the full team especially the backs, however you are wrong to say that no team member played well as Lynch and Heremia has decent games for Hull.

Basically Foster won the game against Rovers on his own, no credit for Heremia who kicked for Jamie to chase, Manu who made the break to set up Yeamans try. Briscoe try saving tackle on latus which would have put Rovers in the lead, Whiting part in Briscoe try at the end?

Rugby League is a team game and Foster played a good part in helping us win that game, staying he saved us on his own, shows you have never played the game and is a great disservice to all the players who helped us win that game.

No stand out performers for Hull this year, again total rubbish, Whiting, Manu, Lynch and houghton have been outstanding for Hull this year.'"

I did not see the Hull game yesterday, but the game against Wigan it still looked like he had wobbles in defence.

It maybe that RL is not his natural home. In RU he would have less work to do and his finishing and kicking would put him in his natural home.

226 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
226 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.70751953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
1m