JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I actually thought Wilkin carried the ball pretty well. What he did without the ball was a different story.

Hull's pack is relentless. Every one of them is huge, mobile, and very fit. Throw in guys like Fonua and Talanoa and its going to take one hell of an effort to physically dominate against Hull. Your big men just didnt ever seem to have the stomach for it, and Houghton, Sneyd and Shaul pretty much had a license to do what they wanted.

If you want a positive I thought Knowles looked a handful. Should have a good future.'"

I've watched Knowles all thru our youth system and he's a brilliant athlete and huge amount of potential

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69715.jpg

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I actually thought Wilkin carried the ball pretty well. What he did without the ball was a different story.

Hull's pack is relentless. Every one of them is huge, mobile, and very fit. Throw in guys like Fonua and Talanoa and its going to take one hell of an effort to physically dominate against Hull. Your big men just didnt ever seem to have the stomach for it, and Houghton, Sneyd and Shaul pretty much had a license to do what they wanted.

If you want a positive I thought Knowles looked a handful. Should have a good future.'"

Who was saints 9? He had his own 20 minutes introductory before the game, thought peacock was going to ask him out on a date! Houghton showed him how to boss the ruck though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15252_1297730111.jpg
[color=#FF0000:dd3r80vu][b:dd3r80vu]I HATE ALL THE PIES[/b:dd3r80vu][/color:dd3r80vu]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15252.jpg

Quote: Roy Haggerty "Nobody worth mentioning.

The issue is organisation. We offer almost no threat in attack from further than 10 metres away, and in defence we're all at sea, all the time. Teams have no trouble finding gaps against us.

Coach has to take the responsibility for this.'"

Apparently Owens was doing the organizing in defence.

The pre-season training as per the videos was based on strength building. Not pace, not stamina not skill. I always expected a blow out like this.
The question is what are we going to do about this. Sack KC - I don't think we have a plan B?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Lomax - Largely anonymous, feeling his way back in
Dawson - Did nothing wrong, nothing particularly right either, his usual self
Percival - Pretty poor
Peyroux - An absolute farce of a signing, offers absolutely nothing a generic academy player couldn't
Owens - An absolute disgrace again. Fat, unfit, lazy, poor motivated
Fages - Poor, but we'll let him off
Walsh - Decent again I thought. Getting some of his confidence back, improving
Walmsley - Needs a week off. Shocking today, totally dominated yet again
Roby - Bettered again by his opposite number, he's definitely over the crest of the hill now
Amor - Hard working as ever, but bullied by bigger, stronger forwards as ever
Vea - Very poor, needs to be released
Greenwood - Some good lines, but defends like a child
Wilkin - A few good hard runs in the second half, but some absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle. Needs to be released pronto

Richards - I'd love to know what this useless lump has over KC. He's pathetic, fat and lazy. Thompson, Savelio etc can't get in the side?
LMS - Class again, genuinely the only Saints player who cares
Knowles - Decent young forward. Should be getting more gametime along with Thompson and Savelio at the expense of Wilkin, Tasi, Richards etc
Tasi - Another useless signing. Big unit yet runs like a nun. Needs releasing ASAP

Not much to be positive about was there?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Same question again, is it bad players or the way they are being coached?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16500.jpg

Thanks to your fans for their magnanimity after the game today, not for the first time either. Some good chat going back over the bridge.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2616
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45934_1538869507.jpg
[quote="Lebron James":37zhy5zz] [b:37zhy5zz]Saints by 32 Regards King James[/b:37zhy5zz] [/quote:37zhy5zz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45934.jpg

Is Thompson injured? I've been impressed with him when I've seen him on Sky.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

My thoughts were attacking wise we did ok. Made yards up the field and scored some tries.
All the forwards made decent carries.

The backs did as asked, but with no wingers to speak of and the jigglijiggling about for lomax the back 3 were always going to be limited in their effectiveness.

Hull were the better side and have better players, certainly in the pack.
They opened us up in the middle not out wide.

The big fault for us though was defensively. We can’t defend. We leave gaps, we number up wrong. But most importantly their attackers are better than our defenders.

The Greenwood try was a prime example. Greenwood stopped their number 8, but he is just not strong enough to hold him. No other players come in and he gets thrown off.
I'm not going to have a go at Greenwood saying he lacked effort. It's the difference between a 21 year old second rower v a 16 stone prop.

Give it a few more years and Greenwood maybe at a place that Taylor is now and would hold him longer.

But for me we have a lot of Greenwood type players.
Athletic and can run good lines, but one on one against a rampaging big prop they struggle or require numbers to effectively tackle.

This is key for me. Defending in the oppositions half we can throw those numbers in and look decent. But once it crosses the halfway line we stop pouring in with the same vigour. This makes sense as if you did a decent back will exploit the gaps. So it becomes more of a standing line and one on one defence and we don't do that we'll.

When I think about it Amor and Walmsley are our only top line props. We then have Tasi but he does not seem to have added any better than mose in defence. The rest are prospects. 21 year olds who we are way off prime. Ideally you would have one of them in the squad come match day. But we run with 2 or 3 regularly.

We need to pick our top prospect from this bunch and run with them as a bench player. But we have too many props that are second rower material.

Lms is about right for a good second rower, but he came as a prop.
We need more experienced forwards for games like today. Hard working, naturally big and fit. Not young lads barely out of university age trying to bulk up to take on one of the biggest packs in the league.

Personally if I was being harsh. I'd keep Amor, Roby, Walmsley (he's off the boil this year but his operation has put him back) Lms. We then need 2 props a second rower and loose forward, who can mix it with the best.

Then for me Savelio takes a bench spot with your 5th prop filled by your best academy prospect.

Obviously with injuries you will play more youngsters, but let's not fool ourselves that was pretty much a first choice forward pack today and we had 3 youth prospects on the pitch.

I've no doubt they are good, but just like lomax and gaskell, it's too many at once.

Speaking of which that old fella pryce is still going. How many years could we have got out of him. Gaskell and lomax would have been far better to have him as an experienced head around the halves.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain10No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Saddened! "Lomax - Largely anonymous, feeling his way back in
Percival - Pretty poor
Peyroux - An absolute farce of a signing, offers absolutely nothing a generic academy player couldn't
Roby - Bettered again by his opposite number, he's definitely over the crest of the hill now
Wilkin - A few good hard runs in the second half, but some absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle. Needs to be released pronto

Richards - I'd love to know what this useless lump has over KC. He's pathetic, fat and lazy. Thompson, Savelio etc can't get in the side?
Knowles - Decent young forward. Should be getting more gametime along with Thompson and Savelio at the expense of Wilkin, Tasi, Richards etc
Tasi - Another useless signing. Big unit yet runs like a nun. Needs releasing ASAP

Not much to be positive about was there?'"

I think, for once, you've pretty much nailed that!

I know lomax has just come back from injury but thought he was very poor, I found myself looking for him wondering if he'd gone off injured. It will take him time to be fair. I'm not a fan of this swapping the defenders around, he moves to the wing in D or whatever they keep doing. It's pretty pathetic, if he's fit to play, he's fit to be in the role of full back....he offers so much more than dawson and owens bringing it back.

Peyroux...laughable. Couldn't even get in the NZ warriors team and saints sign him....just incredible. Same for Tasi, if Salford don't want to keep him then pretty sure he's not good enough for us. Having said that, Tasi is a strange one, I've watched him in the NRL and he was fantastic at times....he has literally been so poor for us, its embarrassing.

I can't talk about Owens and Dawson else I'll end up headbutting my laptop.

I think harsh on Roby, not much he can do on the back of the pussy forwards we have. On the odd occasion we had a quick play the ball, he was onto it....it just hardly ever happened.

Vea...people really rate him, but has he ever been that good? I'm not so sure.

Richards...haha!

Don't be confused by LMS either, granted he probably was the best player with the most enthusiasm but still nothing special....you really do get drawn into that pathetic over the top reactions he does. Don't get me wrong, I'm keen to see passion, but does no one else think it's just so fake, it actually annoys me....you can see the other players rolling their eyes at him. Now, if he does it in the big games against the big teams (I suppose Hull now are) then I'll take it back, but he rarely does. Bang average and not good enough for Saints IMO.

The difference yesterday was the control of the ruck, saints didn't get them on their back like they did to us...hence why Houghton looked so good. For god sake, I would look good with their speed of the play the ball and no markers in position. It was just easy for Hull. Is it me or are we never in position in the markers? Someone is always on the floor or not square, whats going on?!

At the end of the day, the team across the park, could potentially be ok and challenge...I think a new coach would be good and saints could really turn this season around. Obviously not going to happen. We'll finish around 6th and lose in the play offs...zzzzzzz

RankPostsTeam
International Star594
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: St pete "He's awful every single week. Not big enough, not strong enough to play in forwards. Not fast enough, clever enough or good enough to play in backs.

Imo needs releasing ( not happening).'"

From an opponent perspective I thought Wilkin ran the ball in harder than anyone on your side on 3 occasions in the 2nd half.
He was def trying to lead by example and get you back in the game. I'm glad the the rest of your pack never followed his lead.

In fact after the last of those charges you could tell by his ill looking face he looked totally knackered, he had nothing left. The hot day and Hulls pack dominance never allowed him to recover. We never really saw him again after that big effort, or any of his Pack mates.

RankPostsTeam
International Star594
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Saddened! "Lomax - Largely anonymous, feeling his way back in
Percival - Pretty poor

Not much to be positive about was there?'"

A very honest but fair assessment.
re. Roby, I've loved watching him from the moment he burst on the scene, but yesterday, although he's still good,you could see he just wasn't able to what he used to do. What made him top class. But what a great player he's been for you.

Having said that, if you'd have heard Jamie Peacocks BBC match preview, Roby was the key, he was the best, he was the the brains, the organiser, I know Roby has been great for you but JPs Roby-loveathon was a man speaking with his heart not his head of his old GB test mate.

I heard that and thought well.....Danny Houghton best stay in the changing rooms. Glad he had the balls to come out.
I think old JP just got a bit muddled up.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

What an all round disappoitning day, just over 7,200 in Langtree Park and Hull brought 2,500, yes sunny day & on TV but if 2,500 can travel from Hull and the cost of tickets and travel, around 4,700 Saints fans?

Not sure why Owen was ever signed, more important why is he even playing? though there are suggesitons, LMS gives everything, thought Jon Wilkin was okay, but like Roby they have been too overplayed, the latter was so outplayed by Houghton.

Sorry but Cunningham is not up to the job, recruitment has not been the best, not sure many would know who Rush was? and the owner seems to have his head buried in the sand oblivious?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think people forget that Roby's ability to attack with dummy runs etc is stifled by the fact he has to play the full 80 and tackle like a mad man. Our management have ran that lad into the ground.

DGM
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73680_1515668157.jpg
[size=85:3idnpzvq]Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017. Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013. League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983. League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.[/size:3idnpzvq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73680.jpg

I don't think your club took the game that seriously to be honest - the fans & the players just didn't seem up for it like we did. I've no idea why exactly (I don't watch Saints every week like you guys), but it just seemed really flat yesterday.

RankPostsTeam
International Star712No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61326_1313411800.jpg
Friday 28th March, 2014, a day that will live in infamy... [quote="Saddened!":fwnfr3rg]Whatever happens they have all been magnificent. Even Wello.[/quote:fwnfr3rg] [quote="Saddened!":fwnfr3rg]Lance Hohaia can have my babies after that show[/quote:fwnfr3rg] #theworldturnedupsidedown:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61326.jpg

Quote: Twentyman "I think people forget that Roby's ability to attack with dummy runs etc is stifled by the fact he has to play the full 80 and tackle like a mad man. Our management have ran that lad into the ground.'"

A very good point...

I also think its hard for Roby to shine as much in attack when he is playing behind a well beaten pack. Hull's ruck speed was far quicker than ours - they were finding their feet much quicker and leaving 2-3 defenders on the floor at times. This allowed Houghton to look good.

Dont kid yourselves, if this was reversed and our pack had been on top like theirs then Roby would have shone just like Houghton. I think the sad fact is that our own pack is killing off Roby by not gaining quick enough play the balls. Not the first time this season either.

Also interesting that Walmsley doesn't seem to be getting much spoken about him - for a professional athlete (in any sport) to be as unfit as he is isnt acceptable. He takes one drive in a game and then stands for next 30 seconds bent over with his hands on his hips and seems incapable of playing longer than 10 mins at a time (and a good 7-8 mins of those are anonymous). His yards with the ball are poor and defensively he is a liability - his laziness to get onside on 4th tackle gave Hull the penalty they needed in build up to their first try and until that point we had looked half decent. If it was Mose putting in this kind of performance everybody would be up in arms but nobody seems to mention it with Walmlsey - and imo he is worse than Mose ever was currently.

I accept he missed pre-season due to injury and that can have an effect to a certain extent but surely by now he should have caught up more than where he is at. For me, him & Vea are currently the forwards who need dropping more than anyone else as their performances just arent good enough

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.29931640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 17 Warrington Away
christopher
30m
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
35m