FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > St. Helens > Where did it all go wrong and how long ago?
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

Quote: Northampton_Saint "Nonsense, plain and simple.

Long

I find your argument reasonably convincing. I remember the very positive reactions to signing Perry and Hohaia, and the optimism surrounding Eastmond. We're all in danger of putting on 20-20 hindsight glasses.

However, while I agree that the issue is that so many of our signings have failed to perform, that does then rather beg the question : why ? When Perry, Laffranchi, Hohaia and Shenton all fail to cut the nustard, plus an obvious drop-off in form from the likes of Puletua, LMS, Wilkin & Wellens, then you have to start to look for something systemic which has gone wrong at Saints. Whether it's the coaching, the conditioning, the incentive structure, or the culture at the club, there's something wrong when so many potentially top-class players end up being poor and/or injured at the same time.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1343No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52961_1317652331.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52961.jpg

Quote: No1 Saint "There are a few holes in your argument I'm afraid.

1. Gidley was never as good as Lyon , at least not for us and Shenton is worse than both. I understand though that replacing Lyon was near impossible. You have forgotten though that we let Talau go and didnt both to replace him until we sign Soliola who is more of a backrow. Impossible situation for right centre , unfathomable call not to replace a left centre with nobody coming through in the youth to fill either

2. The Ea$tmond scenario is pretty much down to p!ss poor planning, look at the Goons getting cash for Mossop because they saw his contract wnding down , established he wasnt going to sign another then did the smart thing by offloading him and they can now plan a replacement. Poor planning by the club

3. Graham - Perry was signed to play alongside Jammer so is hardly a replacement as was LMS. I accept Perry should have been far better than he has been so nothing we could do about that but Lafranchi (sp) who we did sign as a replacement is a second row convert and never a top class prop in a million years. We replaced one of the top props in the world with an old aussie second row ... hmmm. a gargantuan downgrade

4. Pryce - we replaced him with a bloke who had never been a first choice halfback in his senior career and had won a world cup playing fullback. A massive downgrade

The quality in general of the squad has been slipping downhill for years and is made worse by our dreadful recruitment.

p.s. I've not even mentioned the fact Scully retired and we never even tried to replace him'"

...and as always we hit the uncomfortable question of who, without the benefit of hindsight and a time machine, you think would have been better signings for us to replace them all at the time... It would have been hilarious reading on here if Eastmond had gone to Warrington on a long deal and we'd been stuck with Smith instead for instance wouldn't it? icon_lol.gif

Dux
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4411
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4750_1435141111.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4750.jpg

I'm with Northampton Saint in most of what he says. Perry and Shenton were good signings on paper and Eastmond was a more than capable replacement for Long (although we didn't really prepare for his departure despite all the signs that it was coming). I think everyone was happy with those signings at the time. Add to that the signings of Soliola and Manu and we've done some ostensibly good business over recent years - we've just been a bit unlucky in a couple of cases.

However, I think it's clear that Hohaia and Laffranchi are where we went wrong. I had my doubts about signing Hohaia as a half-back, on a four year deal, when he'd never played there professionally before, and some others on here did too. Similarly, I thought we were getting a good player in Laffranchi, but there was always the concern that we were replacing a world class prop in Graham with a toiling second rower. Again, plenty of people commented about this at the time. What's most significant is that they are both non-fed players, and since signing them we've been severely restricted in what we are able to do. Had we hung on a bit and waited for the right people to turn up (i.e. a real scrum half and a real prop) we'd have been far better off. We might even have been able to pick up domestic signings, which would have left us room to strengthen other areas with overseas players. As it is we completely tied our hands.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1343No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52961_1317652331.jpg

Quote: Roy Haggerty "I find your argument reasonably convincing. I remember the very positive reactions to signing Perry and Hohaia, and the optimism surrounding Eastmond. We're all in danger of putting on 20-20 hindsight glasses.

However, while I agree that the issue is that so many of our signings have failed to perform, that does then rather beg the question

TP and Wello are old and so will inevitably decline, LMS has been about the same the whole time he's been here, Wilkin has had several serious injuries and has had to play 3 positions at the same time for most of the last couple of seasons etc. etc.

Noone's denying we've not got problems - we didn't have a top coach for 4 seasons (with jury still out on Brown) which is always going to take time to turn 'round, and our injury stuation has been consistently horrific for years (something must now be done about this as there must be something endemic in our conditioning causing a great deal of it). But the end of the world stuff is kneejerk and tiresome. We need a half (preferably 2) and a prop and some decent coaching and conditioning - that's it. Hardly a massive crisis....

RankPostsTeam
International Star1343No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52961_1317652331.jpg

Quote: Dux "I'm with Northampton Saint in most of what he says. Perry and Shenton were good signings on paper and Eastmond was a more than capable replacement for Long (although we didn't really prepare for his departure despite all the signs that it was coming). I think everyone was happy with those signings at the time. Add to that the signings of Soliola and Manu and we've done some ostensibly good business over recent years - we've just been a bit unlucky in a couple of cases.

However, I think it's clear that Hohaia and Laffranchi are where we went wrong. I had my doubts about signing Hohaia as a half-back, on a four year deal, when he'd never played there professionally before, and some others on here did too. Similarly, I thought we were getting a good player in Laffranchi, but there was always the concern that we were replacing a world class prop in Graham with a toiling second rower. Again, plenty of people commented about this at the time. What's most significant is that they are both non-fed players, and since signing them we've been severely restricted in what we are able to do. Had we hung on a bit and waited for the right people to turn up (i.e. a real scrum half and a real prop) we'd have been far better off. We might even have been able to pick up domestic signings, which would have left us room to strengthen other areas with overseas players. As it is we completely tied our hands.'"

No arguments from me - Hohaia always looked iffy to me and LeFrank ain't really been the replacement for Graham we needed either. But again: who else (assuming we needed to offload Pryce) could we have had any better at the time? Could you imagine being a member of the Saints board 2 years ago knowing you were about to lose both of your starting halves at the end of the season with only unknown kids available to replace them for an entire year? They had to sign someone and so panicked and signed the only vaguely quality player on the market right then that could play #6. They made a **** decision, but under the circumstances and without the benefit of hindsight I doubt many of us would have made a different one. C'est la vie.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15174.gif

Quote: Northampton_Saint "...and as always we hit the uncomfortable question of who, without the benefit of hindsight and a time machine, you think would have been better signings for us to replace them all at the time... It would have been hilarious reading on here if Eastmond had gone to Warrington on a long deal and we'd been stuck with Smith instead for instance wouldn't it?
People would have been angry yes but I for one would have understood if the chairman would have simply been honest and said we sold him because he wouldnt sign a long contract and we didnt want to lose him on a free. It's a reality of the post bosman era and effects all the big football clubs so why should we be any different?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Dux "I'm with Northampton Saint in most of what he says. Perry and Shenton were good signings on paper and Eastmond was a more than capable replacement for Long (although we didn't really prepare for his departure despite all the signs that it was coming). I think everyone was happy with those signings at the time. Add to that the signings of Soliola and Manu and we've done some ostensibly good business over recent years - we've just been a bit unlucky in a couple of cases.

However, I think it's clear that Hohaia and Laffranchi are where we went wrong. I had my doubts about signing Hohaia as a half-back, on a four year deal, when he'd never played there professionally before, and some others on here did too. Similarly, I thought we were getting a good player in Laffranchi, but there was always the concern that we were replacing a world class prop in Graham with a toiling second rower. Again, plenty of people commented about this at the time. What's most significant is that they are both non-fed players, and since signing them we've been severely restricted in what we are able to do. Had we hung on a bit and waited for the right people to turn up (i.e. a real scrum half and a real prop) we'd have been far better off. We might even have been able to pick up domestic signings, which would have left us room to strengthen other areas with overseas players. As it is we completely tied our hands.'"

The problem with the recruitment and my biggest gripe, is not replacing players with quality when players left. We've gone about 6/7 years without a out and out centre pairing which IMO is shocking!

We failed to try and replace the the likes of gidley, scully, graham, long etc who was massively important to us. I know we could never replace scully, longy and KC with equal or better players but we should have gone for the best we could.

McManus said "we are going with youth" but what he really means is we are doing it cheap and hope we drop lucky. I wouldn't mind if he'd been honest and cane out and told us that we are doing it on the cheap because of the stadium but he didnt, in fact he told us "we will have a team to grace the stadium"

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16.jpg
:16.jpg

I pretty much agree with Northampton Saints comments re signings etc

I would also add that i think that although Daniel Anderson and Mick Potter were fine coaches, they were from the Brian Smith school of coaching.

This is a school that trumps size and power above speed, agility and footballing brain.

The ultimate result of this has been seen in Saints fans complaints about dour one up rugby, all bash and barge and no pace in the backs. Daniel Anderson escaped much criticism, as the team under him were near invincible. However a look back on websites and you will see pockets of fans bemoaning the spectacle.

Royce was then brought in to change things. I think he was trying to do that, bt for whatever reason the players didnt seem to understand or agree with what he was trying to do. The end result was player power allegedly saw him off.

We now have Brown, and we have seen at Huddersfield that he likes three quarters with pace, he likes to have a half back with a strong kicking game. He likes a creative loose forward. He likes mobile hookers and he also likes a big aggressive pack.
Given time i think Brown will build us a team in the mould that Saints fans desire. Whether he is a coach good enough to bring us trophys however is another matter. His record in Australia was solid rather than inspirational.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

The replacement or lack of it with Talau, is not down to being unfortunate.

Whilst it's fair to say we would have been annoyed if Eastmond signed a long term deal with Warrington, he did not sign a long term deal with Saints. It was not so much about keeping Smith or Long, but not telling them to go before signing up Eastmond on a long 4 year deal. If he stuck to 2 years then you need to hedge and keep Smith, Pryce and Eastmond. All 3 could have been accomodated.

Same with Leon he could have been kept. Going for Lance made no sense as a half without any hindsight. Had he been signed as a FB, for an outgoing Wellens then fair enough.

Laffranchi again a good signing but why would we sign him to replace the best prop in the world (arguably). There was the likes of Griffin and Hill I think even Carvell may have been up for grabs at the time. So whilst we could not sign a prop of Grahams ability, we could have bought him in the aggregate.

Perry there is no fault with a quality buy, for the right position but just did not work out, same with Shenton.

If you have ever watched Moneyball, then you could say Saints are guilty of doing a similar thing, we have been looking to sign names, as opposed to buying wins, by going for effective players in the right positions, rather than big names who play in slots that are already covered.

RankPostsTeam
International Star260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For me, it all started when Scully retired. Near impossible to replace though. IIRC we have not won anything since have we?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17417No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Kermit%20the%20Frog.gif
Tweet from @martinoffiah 23/08/2011: 'Must admit i did love watching Saints- Cunningham Joynt Longy Tommy then Leon, last classic RL team ever'. Even the dark side can't help but love the rebellion.:Transparent Backgrounds/Kermit%20the%20Frog.gif

I want us to go back to basics and recruit players specifically for certain positions. By that I mean I want two actual wingers playing on the wing.

I want two actual centres playing there. I want 2 out and out halfbacks playing there. I want 3 or 4 no nonsense props playing there. It's hardly rocket science. Even if they aren't world beaters; even if they are merely "solid" in that position, it will be a position where they have trained all their career.

I am fed up of seeing us trying to put a round peg into a dodecahedron hole. Enough trying to do this on the cheap all the whilst ruining kids careers.

I just want to see an honest to god RL team.

RankPostsTeam
International Star81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

fwiw RE: Griffin there was an interview with him a while back (can't remember where) when he said he shook hands on a deal with you guys, then decided to join Leeds at the last minute instead.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2681No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58216_1342011610.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_58216.jpg

Quote: Little Drummer Boy "fwiw RE

From a playing POV, that turned out to be a horrendous decision for him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15174.gif

Quote: Carlos Alberto "I want us to go back to basics and recruit players specifically for certain positions. By that I mean I want two actual wingers playing on the wing.

I want two actual centres playing there. I want 2 out and out halfbacks playing there. I want 3 or 4 no nonsense props playing there. It's hardly rocket science. Even if they aren't world beaters; even if they are merely "solid" in that position, it will be a position where they have trained all their career.

I am fed up of seeing us trying to put a round peg into a dodecahedron hole. Enough trying to do this on the cheap all the whilst ruining kids careers.

I just want to see an honest to god RL team.'"

From seeing what he did at Hudds I suspect that isnt browns style though. I agree with you though, it's what the goons have done and it's working ok for them at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1220
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52916_1378593744.jpg
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - George S. Patton In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity. - Winston Churchill It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. - General Douglas MacArthur Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52916.jpg

Quote: Albion "From a playing POV, that turned out to be a horrendous decision for him.'"

Went chasing the money and got shafted. No sympathy for players with that attitude.

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.56689453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh h pt 2
Pieman
Recent
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Once were Lo
Recent
New Players
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Kicking Game
Wires71
Recent
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
FoxyRhino
Recent
Film game
karetaker
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Ellis Lingard
Trojan Horse
1m
Leigh h pt 2
Pieman
2m
Dewsbury away
PopTart
2m
Shopping list for 2025
Irregular Ho
3m
Rumours and signings v9
scarrie
3m
Barrow A
Bully_Boxer
3m
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Once were Lo
4m
Arthur In
chapylad
5m
Is Lokie On His Way
Bigtimeleigh
6m
Warrington h
NickyKiss
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ellis Lingard
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Myler Ellis
Blackandwhit
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Old Man John
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Kicking Game
Wires71
TODAY
London Broncos Victorious Over Off-Colour Catalans Dragons
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Lockie Lam
Blackandwhit
TODAY
Leigh h pt 2
Pieman
TODAY
Weve never had it so good
MjM
TODAY
Leigh Away
Chris71
TODAY
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Lord Tony Sm
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 2,826 80,09314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Thu 8th Aug
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
10:50
Souths
v
Melbourne
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
St.Helens
v
Salford
 Fri 9th Aug
09:00
Gold Coast
v
Cronulla
11:00
Parramatta
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
17:30
LeedsW
v
WiganW
Huddersfield
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R21
Wakefield
v
Sheffield
 Sat 10th Aug
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 Sun 11th Aug
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH 20 Featherstone24-16Batley
CH 20 Halifax38-18York
CH 20 Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH 20 Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL 22 Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL 22 Canterbury22-18Canberra
Sat 3rd Aug
SL 20 Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL 20 Salford22-16Leeds
CH 20 Swinton4-48Toulouse
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14