JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5002.jpg
sad to say I must be on my way So buy me beer and whiskey 'cause I'm going far away:5002.jpg

I dont understand this constant criticism of Wellens and the thought that pretty much any player with a bit of speed can play better at fullback.
There was never any of this criticism 5 years ago even though his game hasnt changed that much over that time.So what has changed in that time since there were always fullbacks who were better attacking than defending?
There is one thing to my mind that has set peoples expectations to be higher than they previously were and that is the ability of Tomkins. The way that he plays at fullback isnt a new thing - but it is by a British player - the bar was set by Slater but before him there were any number of other fullbacks who were doing the same thing - they just werent as good at it - Webb, Hodgson, Greenshields are examples of these.
You can go even further back and look at the two different styles of fullback play players such as Dave Lyon, Alan Tait all played a far more attacking style - but it was always at the expense of their other fullback skills, tackling, positional sense, Radlinski took it a step further by also having an all round game, we even tried Alan Hunte at fullback who looked really good for about 2 games till other teams realised he wasnt a natural fullback.

The point I am trying to make is that not only do you need a player who is fast, evasive with handling skills of a halfback to emulate the way Tomkins and Slater play - but you also need good halfbacks to create that space for them to exploite who also in turn need a dominant pack. It was evident in the most recent defeats for Wigan that without the last 2 the first doesnt show up. It simply will not work just changing the fullback.

The simple fact of the matter is that from the team we have right now we can either

Play Wellens as the best fullback we have at the club

Play Lomax there but we are then left with no halfback with the skill to produce space - we would also weaken our structure as he would need to learn the role

Put Makinson/Swift/any other outside back there who dont have the handling skills and would take a couple of years to fully understand the full backs role (Tomkins made the transition from halfback to fullback with the 1:1 coaching of Radlinski - that sped up the process) and may never be as good as Wellens is right now.

Bring in someone from outside who already has the required attributes the cost and just who would that be seem to be limiting factors to this.

There are anumber of clubs who have changed their option at fullback this year - most of who are not getting the results they would like - Hull, Huddersfield, Cas, Widnes, Bradford. And others who are getting some success - Leeds.

A blinkered view of a particular individual doesnt resolve the problems we may have.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29209No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Can you lot tell me what Wellens does exactly? Is it just the fact that he doesn't drop bombs very often that makes you think he'd be better at fullback than Hohaia (A world cup winning fullback), Makinson, Swift or even Gaskell or Lomax? Is it just the absence of errors that makes you feel comfortable with him there?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Saddened! "Can you lot tell me what Wellens does exactly? Is it just the fact that he doesn't drop bombs very often that makes you think he'd be better at fullback than Hohaia (A world cup winning fullback), Makinson, Swift or even Gaskell or Lomax? Is it just the absence of errors that makes you feel comfortable with him there?'"

The problem at the club is that we can,t speed up the development process of our young promising players quick enough especially in the important pivotal positions. Wello is still our best all round full back and offers experience, direction, he reads the game well for the next defensive/offence plays.
We could throw Swift or Makinson in at full back but that would mean of the main pivotable positions 1,6,7,9,13 we only have Roby with the necessary skillset to consistently trouble the opposition.
Historically when our full back loses pace they usually spend the latter years in the pack, times have changed I suppose.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60432.gif

Quote: SaintsFan "Besides, I'm sure our delightful coach will give Swift's backside a good kicking, as he apparently does to our young players.'"

Apparently, eh? So, in other words, you made it up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: JonB95 "Apparently, eh? So, in other words, you made it up.'"

rlErm, no.rl

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1293No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5002.jpg
sad to say I must be on my way So buy me beer and whiskey 'cause I'm going far away:5002.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "Can you lot tell me what Wellens does exactly? Is it just the fact that he doesn't drop bombs very often that makes you think he'd be better at fullback than Hohaia (A world cup winning fullback), Makinson, Swift or even Gaskell or Lomax? Is it just the absence of errors that makes you feel comfortable with him there?'"

Wellens does everything that you would expect of a fullback with 10 years experience.
His positional sense is probably his best attribute, this makes his lack of blistering pace less of a problem than it would be.
His one on one tackling is as good as anyones in an exposed position and better than most.
His ability to join the line at just the right time is evident by the number of trys and assists he has this season
His experience to guide his team round the park
His kick returns are generally sound and make ground, his evasive qualities keep him away from the opposition more times than he gets tackled easily - this gives the team time to regroup.
He also is very sound under the kick - dont be-little that skill as players have been crucified in this team for not being.

What I can tell you is that Makinson, Swift or even Gaskell or Lomax have none of those attributes - could some learn them? probably, would that happen by placing them in the first team at fullback? it would be far more likely that the number of errors they would make at that level would criple them confidence wise - so the way they would learn is A team rugby, the coaching staff do seem to be trying different options at fullback in the A team - it doesnt look like they have found anyone ready to slot into that position yet.
Your thoughts of putting anyone there ahead of Wellens is based on a guess that it might work. Thank God that the coaching staff have a better process to find out if they can play there first. But the obvious point is that people playing regular first team will not get this chance unless you decide to leave them out of first team rugby to learn a different position - and thats not a luxury we can afford at the moment.
As for Hohaia - I assume you did see his performance in the full back role at the beggining of the season - what did you see there that could possibly make him the man for the job?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: St. Etrigan "His ability to join the line at just the right time is evident by the number of trys and assists he has this season '"

Not entirely. I have watched Wello in the latter part of this season and he does the same thing pretty much every gameWhat I can tell you is that Makinson, Swift or even Gaskell or Lomax have none of those attributes - could some learn them? '"

Wello will not have been as able a fullback when he started as he is now. Young players, like Wello himself once was, only learn their trade by playing once they have mastered the basic skills. Makinson IMO has shown good signs of game awareness but if he isn't played at fullback he will never learn how to become a better fullback. I can't comment on Swift or Gaskell at fullback because I've not seen either play there. I've only seen Lomax play there once I think and that was ages ago.

Quote: St. Etrigan "As for Hohaia - I assume you did see his performance in the full back role at the beggining of the season - what did you see there that could possibly make him the man for the job?'"

Hohaia is a world cup winning fullback. I think to question his ability there is foolish. He succeeded there against Australia, which is more than Wello has ever done.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1293No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5002.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Not entirely. I have watched Wello in the latter part of this season and he does the same thing pretty much every game
He doesnt only run down one channel - he runs down the left mainly due to the natural ability of players to pass to the left - however he has also been very effective at running down the right channel, taking inside balls etc. he has 10 assists (prior to Friday) which is the 3rd highest in the team
Does he get it right every time? No
Does he get it right more often than he doesnt? with 20 tries and 10 assists I would say yes

Quote: SaintsFan "It was under Royce that Wello developed the attacking side to his game. That isn't me making stuff up; Wello himself said in an interview that Royce had asked him to play as a third halfback to help out what were then two very raw actual halfbacks in Gaskell and Lomax. It worked a treat under Royce because Wello was less inclined to hold on to the ball and varied when and where he chimed in. But this season he is as predictable as the weather and that has made him frustrating to watch and IMO less effective in attack. '"

I dont think you are making stuff up and Royce may have asked him to ammend his style - but he has been scoring try's concistently since 2005 and one of his worst returns for try's was last year with 14 so his old style was working for him also. Perhaps the change in style was more ed around helping young players rather than improving his own play? just a thought

Quote: SaintsFan "Playing as an attacking fullback isn't his natural style. He is a defensive fullback and it is in his defence where all his attributes lie.'"

I dont agree with the use of the word all when describing his sum of attributes. You are right that he is a natural defensive fullback - but he has been scoring as many tries as most full backs since the turn of the century - and most years far more than you would expect from a fullback (these are off course the years before attack seems to be the number one priority looked for in a fullback rather than defence)

Quote: SaintsFan " I also don't think he is a good captain but that is because he complains so much without the accompanying firing up of his team mates that Jammer used to bring to the party (and that balanced up HIS propensity to complain).'"

I agree that as a captain he doesnt stand up against previous captains we have had

Quote: SaintsFan "Wello will not have been as able a fullback when he started as he is now. Young players, like Wello himself once was, only learn their trade by playing once they have mastered the basic skills. Makinson IMO has shown good signs of game awareness but if he isn't played at fullback he will never learn how to become a better fullback. I can't comment on Swift or Gaskell at fullback because I've not seen either play there. I've only seen Lomax play there once I think and that was ages ago.'"

We are talking different era's but what I do know is that Wellens's early appearances at full back would have earned him a 20 page topic on here looking for an alternative and comparing him unfavourably to every full back previously to play for Saints - he was that bad, his game at Gateshead was atrocious - nowadays he would have been immediatly dropped - different era's - different needs

Quote: SaintsFan "Hohaia is a world cup winning fullback. I think to question his ability there is foolish. He succeeded there against Australia, which is more than Wello has ever done.'"

Dont think that at any time I am suggesting that Hohaia is a bad player - there are no players who are playing professional rugby league who are bad players. But once you turn professional the measure you have to come up against is much higher. Some blow that measure away and some fall far short of it. Some have a limited talent and make the most of it and some just get plain lucky. I definately think that Hohaia stands in the last category - he works hard at getting the most out of what he has but has also managed to drop lucky with some of his selections. There are plenty of players out there who have medals because of the side they were in - I dont use that as a yard stick to judge how good they are, I prefer to look how they play currently - and for this year Lance Hohaia is not playing well in any position he is put in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

I think Wello has had a mixed season. That positional sense that he is well known for did seam to have slipped in some games. There were years ( or so it seamed) when a kick in the air never hit the ground at Saints. Hence Wellens Bomb disposal flag.

This year there have been a few occasions where it has been more noticable that balls kicked up for the FB have been left to bounce rather than been taken on the full. Also there have been occasions where breaks have gone through the Saints line and the player going through has just ghosted past Wellens, the worst being Hock. A FB does not have to be fast to get in the face of a player coming forwards, if Hock could burn Wellens off on the angle, then it did get me worrying.

A season is a long time in RL though and Wellens has been having some decent games too. As I said I thought he did alot right yesterday and saying he just runs down the left does not justify the input into the game yesterday. He was MOM for me yesterday.

But the big thing for me is the future, when Wellens came in it was to replace patch who also was becoming pedestrain in defence on high kicks and chasing down a man going through a broken line. We blooded Wellens and the FB slot at Saints was solid for a decade.

At the moment we seam to be denying possible replacements the same oppertunity we gave wellens and so we could be letting future FB's pass us by and the chance to develop their skills in that role too. I would not say every game but some games I would have liked to see possible future FB's given the oppertunity to develop that role. Who better to learn the game from than one of the best FB's in SL.

My fear is we play Wellens until it's way beyond him then throw in candidate after candidate with no Wellens to Fallback on or learn from. The difficulty is if Wellens does not play FB, to give another guy a chance to get that first grade experience, then where do we play him??

2nd Row/LF?
Centre?
Bench?

I don't think he is a one trick pony and he could play another role. My hope is that Brown likes to be a tinker man and he will move Wellens about a bit to see where else he may contribute and who else maybe the long term replacement at FB.

I can understand Rush and Cunningham not doing this as they have nothing to gain with experimenting with a side that is not theirs to mess with.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29209No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: bewareshadows "I think Wello has had a mixed season. That positional sense that he is well known for did seam to have slipped in some games. There were years ( or so it seamed) when a kick in the air never hit the ground at Saints. Hence Wellens Bomb disposal flag.

This year there have been a few occasions where it has been more noticable that balls kicked up for the FB have been left to bounce rather than been taken on the full. Also there have been occasions where breaks have gone through the Saints line and the player going through has just ghosted past Wellens, the worst being Hock. A FB does not have to be fast to get in the face of a player coming forwards, if Hock could burn Wellens off on the angle, then it did get me worrying.'"

That's a good point. Wello isn't getting the criticism from other people he was a couple of years ago when he dropping every bomb that went his way, simply because he's now not even reaching them. It's the same with tries, in the good old days at KR, he have made try saving tackles almost every game and certainly every big game. Now a Wellens tackle is a rare occurance, again because he doesn't get there anymore.

I would LOVE someone to do an analysis of the tries we've conceded this season and where Wello was when it happened. He almost always arrives at the scene as the try scorer is getting up, and takes it out on the referee. The mindless Saints fans then don't see him miss a tackle, so don't put a black mark in his book.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

For people who reckon Wellens is NOT an attacking full back:

Wellens this season:
Is the clubs highest try scorer
Is the clubs highest for tackle busts.
Is in second place to Meli for clean breaks.

And for consistency he has scored 210 career tries as well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: Judder Man "For people who reckon Wellens is NOT an attacking full back
Have you compared those stats to other fullbacks in superleague?

He is bound to be our highest try scorer. He never passes out within the 20 until he scores one himself. On one occasion I counted three of his failed attempts to cross the line in one match when had he passed the ball instead of trying for the line himself we would likely have scored. He scored eventually but meanwhile potentially deprived the team of three tries. He does this in each match, although not necessarily to the same degree. It drives me nuts sometimes when I'm watching because he is putting the result at risk.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SaintsFan "Have you compared those stats to other fullbacks in superleague?

He is bound to be our highest try scorer. He never passes out within the 20 until he scores one himself. On one occasion I counted three of his failed attempts to cross the line in one match when had he passed the ball instead of trying for the line himself we would likely have scored. He scored eventually but meanwhile potentially deprived the team of three tries. He does this in each match, although not necessarily to the same degree. It drives me nuts sometimes when I'm watching because he is putting the result at risk.'"

Yes, by comparison on attributes he is the 4th best full back in super league behind Tomkins - Hardaker - Eden, very close to 3rd place Eden.

Failed attempts you could say that for quite a few players, but as rightly pointed out by other posters he has taken on extra responsibility due to our half backs deficiency. I think people are clutching at straws to try and justify his de selection when in reality at the moment he is still the best option at full back, sooner or later if it be Makinson or Swift for No 1, it will be done at risk which we can ill afford until the cavalry arrives.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Quote: Saddened! "That's a good point. Wello isn't getting the criticism from other people he was a couple of years ago when he dropping every bomb that went his way, simply because he's now not even reaching them. It's the same with tries, in the good old days at KR, he have made try saving tackles almost every game and certainly every big game. Now a Wellens tackle is a rare occurance, again because he doesn't get there anymore.

I would LOVE someone to do an analysis of the tries we've conceded this season and where Wello was when it happened. He almost always arrives at the scene as the try scorer is getting up, and takes it out on the referee. The mindless Saints fans then don't see him miss a tackle, so don't put a black mark in his book.'"

There was a 2nd part to that post of mine.

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

Quote: Judder Man "Yes, by comparison on attributes he is the 4th best full back in super league behind Tomkins - Hardaker - Eden, very close to 3rd place Eden.'"

That would be Eden who is in his debut year? Hardaker too (at fullback anyway). 3.240234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
KaeruJim
5m
Wakefield Trinity songs
Wollo-Wollo-
6m
Film game
karetaker
7m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
mattsrhinos1
9m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
11m
Tonights match v HKR
WireWireWire
15m
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Huddsh
apollosghost
25s
Film game
karetaker
28s
Play off chances
rollin thund
28s
TV games not Wire
karetaker
39s
Josh Jones
The Avenger
50s
Is Lokie On His Way
Snowy
52s
Todays chairmans address
Jaffro
52s
2024 l Academy Scholarship & Reserves News
tomtom84
53s
cats
Benny Profan
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
Benny Profan
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
WireWireWire
TODAY
New 4-year deal for Marshall
exiled Warri
TODAY
Keelan Foster
AdamH
TODAY
Jose Kenga
Wanderer
TODAY
Deadline day signings
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
kaybenbull
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
TODAY
Barrow A
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
RobRiches
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
Jaffro
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Winslade's O
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,684 80,09114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
 FT
Hover 
Gold Coast
46-18
Brisbane
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
16-18
St.George
 FT
Hover 
Cronulla
20-6
Souths
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
 FT 
Hull FC
6-46
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
 FT 
Swinton
4-48
Toulouse
 FT 
Salford
22-16
Leeds
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
15:00
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
Oldham
v
Midlands
Rochdale
v
Cornwall
Workington
v
Crusaders
       Championship 2024-R20
Barrow
v
Bradford
Dewsbury
v
Wakefield
Featherstone
v
Batley
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford22-16Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
20:00
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
LIVE
Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL
LIVE
Salford22-16Leeds
CH
LIVE
Swinton4-48Toulouse
NRL
LIVE
Gold Coast46-18Brisbane
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne16-18St.George
NRL
LIVE
Cronulla20-6Souths
Fri 2nd Aug
SL 20 Warrington4-22Hull KR
NRL 22 NZ Warriors20-30Parramatta
NRL 22 Dolphins34-40Sydney
Thu 1st Aug
SL 20 Castleford10-20Leigh
SL 20 Wigan26-14Huddersfield
NRL 22 Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 19 366 274 92 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 19 198 725 -527 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 18 346 470 -124 12