Apr 2023Apr 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11426_1682401247.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11426.jpeg

Quote: FearTheVee "
Quote: FearTheVee "Are you gonna create a really scary name as well?'"

Whatever we're called, I hope we can have avatars with skulls on them.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, aggressive.

Or Lions....raaaaaaarrrh

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

Quote: Mark "Or Lions....raaaaaaarrrh'"

Stop it, children read this forum, that's terrifying.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2928No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12714.jpg
:12714.jpg

Quote: FearTheVee "Or Lions....raaaaaaarrrh'"

Stop it, children read this forum, that's terrifying.'"

Well this is all aimed at our young teenage supporters after all. Can't believe anyone old enough to legally drink a pint would be in the least bit impressed with all this talk of brigantes and vigilantes and whatever other thrilling names these kids like to be known as. It's just a way to appeal to the geeky youths who would otherwise be playing war games or spotting trains

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2935No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12951_1317512951.jpg
[img:c0qkl00y]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/tycelchu/Entertainers-Banner-May-2009.gif[/img:c0qkl00y]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12951.jpg

Quote: SomersetSaint "Well this is all aimed at our young teenage supporters after all. Can't believe anyone old enough to legally drink a pint would be in the least bit impressed with all this talk of brigantes and vigilantes and whatever other thrilling names these kids like to be known as. It's just a way to appeal to the geeky youths who would otherwise be playing war games or spotting trains'"

What is exactly?

Its just a flag at the end of the day, like the many that adorned the back wall of the popular side at Knowsley Road for years? There are several more designs in the pipeline that will hopefully add even more colour to the existing ones and as the flag above hints at, help to provide a link to the club's past as it moves into its new home.

I appreciate there was talk of an 'Ultra's' type group on here and Redvee a while back, which was (perhaps rightly) derided and criticised by many because of both the tag used and the inevitable link to the 'Brigantes' over at Wigan. However, reading between the lines, I suspect that the sentiment of most of those involved (or in favour of the idea) was more to do with helping to see the return of the old atmosphere of 'the scaff' after a season at Widnes that saw the various vocal groups and individuals that had previously congregated on the popular side spread sporadically across the three stands at the Stobart. It has been acknowledged that the use of the term Ultras was somewhat misleading/misguided.

Back to the main point though, the flags at Saints are there for the enjoyment, benefit & in many cases recognition of everyone involved in the club - whether that be the supporters, the team as a whole, or for individual players & important figures at the club like Eamonn.

Non of the planned new flags are efforts at self-promotion nor are an attempt to create a 'brand'.
The design, manufacture and purchase of flags & banners is not exclusive to, or governed by any one particular group. However if someone does have an idea for a new flag but doesn't know how to go about creating or buying one, then there are a number of friendly people in the Saints community with experience and contacts that can offer advice and help, as well as provide a means (hopefully) for their flag to get displayed alongside the others.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52697_1334270708.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52697.jpg

Quote: Tony Stark "
Quote: Tony Stark "Well this is all aimed at our young teenage supporters after all. Can't believe anyone old enough to legally drink a pint would be in the least bit impressed with all this talk of brigantes and vigilantes and whatever other thrilling names these kids like to be known as. It's just a way to appeal to the geeky youths who would otherwise be playing war games or spotting trains'"

What is exactly?

Its just a flag at the end of the day, like the many that adorned the back wall of the popular side at Knowsley Road for years? There are several more designs in the pipeline that will hopefully add even more colour to the existing ones and as the flag above hints at, help to provide a link to the club's past as it moves into its new home.

I appreciate there was talk of an 'Ultra's' type group on here and Redvee a while back, which was (perhaps rightly) derided and criticised by many because of both the tag used and the inevitable link to the 'Brigantes' over at Wigan. However, reading between the lines, I suspect that the sentiment of most of those involved (or in favour of the idea) was more to do with helping to see the return of the old atmosphere of 'the scaff' after a season at Widnes that saw the various vocal groups and individuals that had previously congregated on the popular side spread sporadically across the three stands at the Stobart. It has been acknowledged that the use of the term Ultras was somewhat misleading/misguided.

Back to the main point though, the flags at Saints are there for the enjoyment, benefit & in many cases recognition of everyone involved in the club - whether that be the supporters, the team as a whole, or for individual players & important figures at the club like Eamonn.

Non of the planned new flags are efforts at self-promotion nor are an attempt to create a 'brand'.
The design, manufacture and purchase of flags & banners is not exclusive to, or governed by any one particular group. However if someone does have an idea for a new flag but doesn't know how to go about creating or buying one, then there are a number of friendly people in the Saints community with experience and contacts that can offer advice and help, as well as provide a means (hopefully) for their flag to get displayed alongside the others.'"

eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34133_1401485799.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34133.png

Quote: Tony Stark "Well this is all aimed at our young teenage supporters after all. Can't believe anyone old enough to legally drink a pint would be in the least bit impressed with all this talk of brigantes and vigilantes and whatever other thrilling names these kids like to be known as. It's just a way to appeal to the geeky youths who would otherwise be playing war games or spotting trains'"

What is exactly?

The design, manufacture and purchase of flags & banners is not exclusive to, or governed by any one particular group. However if someone does have an idea for a new flag but doesn't know how to go about creating or buying one, then there are a number of friendly people in the Saints community with experience and contacts that can offer advice and help, as well as provide a means (hopefully) for their flag to get displayed alongside the others.'"

to be fair i think sommerset saint was having a pop at wigan, not ski's efforts

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2397No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44595.jpg
[quote="Adeybull"] so the panel took the same view as your excellent assessment.[/quote]:44595.jpg

Well done guys and dolls. Great idea and hope you pull it off.

RankPostsTeam
International Star58No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61582_1312990913.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61582.png

What is exactly?

Where were you when I was trying to explain the 'Ultra St Helens' thread on redvee a while back?

Stick it on there! One read of this and everybody would've been on board,

Quality post! k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

What is exactly?

I think you've totally missed the point of his post TBH, he was talking about the Brigantes which absolutely WAS an attempt to create a 'brand'.

Nobody is bagging these Saints flags, or the people investing time and money in them, they're great. And not a skull, lion or silly moniker in sight.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45658_1356296105.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1fnfdzuc]Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score. Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0[/color:1fnfdzuc] I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum. Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight! Esse quam videri.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45658.jpg

I think you've totally missed the point of his post TBH, he was talking about the Brigantes which absolutely WAS an attempt to create a 'brand'.

Nobody is bagging these Saints flags, or the people investing time and money in them, they're great. And not a skull, lion or silly moniker in sight.'"

Why the problem with the Brigantes emblem's? If they as a group feel it's a tool in which they can use to gather resources and spread the word, great. I can understand why they need their own identity. For the two reason's already listed, plus it's to differentiate themselves from the club, so fans know what their donating towards.

Just for the record I'm not affiliated with the Briangtes in anyway shape or form. So I probably shouldn't be jumping to their defense, no matter how gay their moniker's may be. icon_wink.gif (That last sentence was a tongue in cheek comment before anyone starts.)

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2935No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12951_1317512951.jpg
[img:c0qkl00y]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/tycelchu/Entertainers-Banner-May-2009.gif[/img:c0qkl00y]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12951.jpg

Simon and FearTheVee, it was only really the first paragraph that was aimed at Somerset, the rest was more for general consumption, I apologise if it all got a bit vitriolic but I just thought it needed saying as I get the impression some people are confusing the issue and others may think those involved with the flags are part of a clique.

I don't personally have a problem with what the brigantes do, if they want to try to add colour and noise to help the atmosphere at wigan then good on them. Doesn't mean i necessarily agree with some of their methods but that's not really any of my business.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:3bjm6pvr]Dave Whelan the saviour of the Pies[/b:3bjm6pvr] [u:3bjm6pvr][i:3bjm6pvr][b:3bjm6pvr]Fully marked up rentbook on display[/b:3bjm6pvr][/i:3bjm6pvr][/u:3bjm6pvr] [u:3bjm6pvr][b:3bjm6pvr]Who do you think you are candidates[/b:3bjm6pvr][/u:3bjm6pvr] [b:3bjm6pvr]Saints have never won the 2nd division Title, so there!![/b:3bjm6pvr]:

The Ancient and Loyal flag should be all white, to recognise how they got their name in the first place. a050.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2928No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12714.jpg
:12714.jpg

I have nothing against flags, I made one myself for the CCF against widnes in 1976.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2472No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

what happened to the flag with beatles lyrics on, will it be made.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SomersetSaint "
Quote: SomersetSaint "
Quote: SomersetSaint "Or Lions....raaaaaaarrrh'"

Stop it, children read this forum, that's terrifying.'"

Well this is all aimed at our young teenage supporters after all. Can't believe anyone old enough to legally drink a pint would be in the least bit impressed with all this talk of brigantes and vigilantes and whatever other thrilling names these kids like to be known as. It's just a way to appeal to the geeky youths who would otherwise be playing war games or spotting trains'"

Way off the mark. The majority of the Brigantes support is youth (ages range from around 16-40 odd I imagine) however I can't really think of any 'geeky youths' who take part. And after all, if a 'geeky youth' wants to get involved and generate atmosphere is there any reason why they shouldn't be allowed?

And the name of the group refers to a Roman tribe who once occupied the town. At least the Brigantes are trying to do something to generate an atmosphere instead of those who sit around behind a computer criticizing others.

39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.14111328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Film game
Wanderer
2m