May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45252_1265207672.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45252.png

Quote: jaybs "Come on please read back what Sadfish has to say! "but as a shareholder, a member or the independent fans bodies, and someone who meets with the club regularly for the heritage society I would like to think I'm pretty close to whats going on" add to that today's comment "I wouldnt have started this website 10 years ago"'"

I have no idea what you're getting at with this, in conjunction with my post that you quoted.

Quote: jaybs "All I was saying Mr J Willard Gibbs, is that I have trained and worked in RL Club administration, I am not talking as someone just with conjecture. I will always show respect to others and their expertise I may have had training in business accounts but I would never argue with my chartered accountant.'"

You have not shown respect to others, though - you've misrepresented what they have said in this thread re. the influence of the Sky money, for example. That is not a mark of respect in my book.

Your training in admin is only relevant when applied to particular, specific things - and so far what you've said amounts to some nebulous claims about the capability of the current board. Like Sadfish said, give us details otherwise it's not constructive!

RankPostsTeam
Administrator21082
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8589_1512921015.jpg
[img:rn9g3499]//forums.rlfans.com/images/sigbanner2.png[/img:rn9g3499]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8589.jpg

Administrator

Quote: jaybs "Thanks Sadfish for the latest detailed information on progress with the new ground, this is more than has been released to the local media, many understood that an updated announcement was to be made in November.

Any type of business and more a sports club needs to handle it's PR and media, the information you reveal would have been helpful to many I am sure.'"

even as far back as September the next announcement was set for early 2010.

For someone who has such good RL Management Skills you don't seem to be able to even do a simple google search.

www.cnplus.co.uk/news/six-battle ... 98.article

And i'm not getting at you mate, if people or you have information that is useful to either us or the club then lets hear it, i'm all for being proven wrong, and I won't pander to those who run the club anymore than anyone else, I have no alliegences to anyone, and there can always be improvements, but understanding the club is something I try and do and this is the busiest time of the year for the marketing and merchandising side and thats pretty much the same people involved in the new stadium, hence the lack of updates at this time of year.
Quote: jaybs "Thanks Sadfish for the latest detailed information on progress with the new ground, this is more than has been released to the local media, many understood that an updated announcement was to be made in November.

Any type of business and more a sports club needs to handle it's PR and media, the information you reveal would have been helpful to many I am sure.'"

even as far back as September the next announcement was set for early 2010.

For someone who has such good RL Management Skills you don't seem to be able to even do a simple google search.

www.cnplus.co.uk/news/six-battle ... 98.article

And i'm not getting at you mate, if people or you have information that is useful to either us or the club then lets hear it, i'm all for being proven wrong, and I won't pander to those who run the club anymore than anyone else, I have no alliegences to anyone, and there can always be improvements, but understanding the club is something I try and do and this is the busiest time of the year for the marketing and merchandising side and thats pretty much the same people involved in the new stadium, hence the lack of updates at this time of year.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

Quote: J. Willard Gibbs "You have not shown respect to others, though - you've misrepresented what they have said in this thread re. the influence of the Sky money, for example. That is not a mark of respect in my book.

Nebulous claims about the capability of the current board'"

I stand by my claim that the money from Sky distributed to all Super League clubs, added to that money for the home club appearing is lots more relevant to the finances of clubs than made out by some here, if that is not a mark of respect in your eyes, then we think very differently.

Nebulous claims? so no one is able to question the Chairman? and that is what it really is rather than board?

Sadly unlike football, some of the RL forums tend to have a "clique" that will stick together rather than just accept opinions!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45252_1265207672.png

Quote: jaybs "I stand by my claim that the money from Sky distributed to all Super League clubs, added to that money for the home club appearing is lots more relevant to the finances of clubs than made out by some here, if that is not a mark of respect in your eyes, then we think very differently. '"

You have not addressed what I said.

That's a complete red herring in the context of misrepresenting [iother people's[/i views.

Quote: jaybs "Nebulous claims? so no one is able to question the Chairman? and that is what it really is rather than board?'"

Question away, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously without demonstrating you know what you're talking about. Banging on about some course you did means nothing when your comments on this thread cast your ability to make any sort of "professional" assessment into doubt.

Quote: jaybs "Sadly unlike football, some of the RL forums tend to have a "clique" that will stick together rather than just accept opinions!'"

The fact that you're posting shows your opinions are "accepted". If you want people to assign any real weight to them, you have to earn it.

Your problem seems to be not that people won't "accept" your opinions, but that people are not willing to treat them as authoritative. And without good reason, why should they?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

That is your opinion J Willard Gibbs, I do not need to defend my career experience on a forum. Respect, I have always earned throughout my career and that is all that is important, not faceless people on forums.

I Hope St Helens get a new RL ground, sooner than later, but too often comments on forums and in the weekly RL press show how parochial our game truly is and I doubt it will ever change, though that does not mean I will sit back and accept it.

Expressing opinions is not a popularity contest ,though many seem only to wish for that!

Best,
John

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach978No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45252_1265207672.png

Quote: jaybs "That is your opinion J Willard Gibbs, I do not need to defend my career experience on a forum. Respect, I have always earned throughout my career and that is all that is important, not faceless people on forums.'"

You [iare[/i a faceless person on a forum, just as Sadfish and I are. That's why your experience and training are irrelevant unless you can apply them to the discussion to address the specifics etc. And you have not done that.

Quote: jaybs "I Hope St Helens get a new RL ground, sooner than later, but too often comments on forums and in the weekly RL press show how parochial our game truly is and I doubt it will ever change, though that does not mean I will sit back and accept it.'"

You're off on one again. There's nothing parochial about asking you to pad out what you're saying with specifics etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Aside from how busy or not the club may be at present with marketing stuff or whatever, I think it would be nice of Saints to update the fans, especially given that back in August I think it was, we were told some fancy plans were to be made available very soon. I rather think that 'very soon' means sooner than 2010.

I'm starting to wonder whether the new stadium is actually going to happen.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator21082
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8589_1512921015.jpg
[img:rn9g3499]//forums.rlfans.com/images/sigbanner2.png[/img:rn9g3499]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8589.jpg

Administrator

Quote: SaintsFan "Aside from how busy or not the club may be at present with marketing stuff or whatever, I think it would be nice of Saints to update the fans, especially given that back in August I think it was, we were told some fancy plans were to be made available very soon. I rather think that 'very soon' means sooner than 2010.'"

This is a good point I remember the same comments, i'll find out what happened to it next week.

Quote: SaintsFan "
I'm starting to wonder whether the new stadium is actually going to happen.'"

As I've said before the last I heard 5 weeks ago was that within a month or two of the original dates it is on schedule, of course this is 5 weeks old now.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Aside from how busy or not the club may be at present with marketing stuff or whatever, I think it would be nice of Saints to update the fans, especially given that back in August I think it was, we were told some fancy plans were to be made available very soon. I rather think that 'very soon' means sooner than 2010.

I'm starting to wonder whether the new stadium is actually going to happen.'"

SaintsFan

I'm pleased that your points raised, similar to mine have been met and answered in a civil way, that is all that can be asked. It can be frustrating as I have said when announcements are promised and not delivered. Yes there is marketing to be done and Christmas, but it is not as if we are in mid season. Sadfish like your last response to me yesterday, it is again appreciated what you say to SaintsFan.

I do find it difficult, why a very few! seem to always want to be so defensive of anything said about their favourite clubs, I often wonder if it is to protect their "closeness" to someone within the club? Over the years I have seen so many good supporters at many clubs driven away by this attitude, do they not see that they do more damage than good at times?

We are all here for The Good of The Game as the old Rugby Leaguer used to announce!

RankPostsTeam
Administrator21082
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8589_1512921015.jpg

Administrator

Quote: jaybs "SaintsFan

I'm pleased that your points raised, similar to mine have been met and answered in a civil way, that is all that can be asked. It can be frustrating as I have said when announcements are promised and not delivered. Yes there is marketing to be done and Christmas, but it is not as if we are in mid season. Sadfish like your last response to me yesterday, it is again appreciated what you say to SaintsFan.

I do find it difficult, why a very few! seem to always want to be so defensive of anything said about their favourite clubs, I often wonder if it is to protect their "closeness" to someone within the club? Over the years I have seen so many good supporters at many clubs driven away by this attitude, do they not see that they do more damage than good at times?

We are all here for The Good of The Game as the old Rugby Leaguer used to announce!'"

I'm always fair both ways with the club mate, if I think there is something happening and we should know about it I will pressure them for an answer, in a civil way of course, but if there is nothing happening then there is no reason to waste the clubs time.

If all that you are after is some updated plans of the new stadium then i'll ask next week, but in the grand scheme of things and the long road this project has been they aren't a priority really.

Both the directors and the fans know that if the chips are down I and other supporters bodies reps on here, and we are a strong group, side purely on the side of whats best for the club and not best for any specific individual or set of individuals.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg

Quote: Sadfish "If all that you are after is some updated plans of the new stadium then i'll ask next week, but in the grand scheme of things and the long road this project has been they aren't a priority really.

Both the directors and the fans know that if the chips are down I and other supporters bodies reps on here, and we are a strong group, side purely on the side of whats best for the club and not best for any specific individual or set of individuals.'"

Sadfish,

I accept what you say, but what may or not be important and seen as a priority to the club, well to fans who have been promised updates and announcements, I'm sorry but it is important! I know that from what many say and discuss with me, as SaintsFan said some are starting to think, "I'm starting to wonder whether the new stadium is actually going to happen"

I credit the good work supporter groups do, but I am cynical and even with my own club, if they are really taken seriously in the real scheme of things? I do hope I am wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2318No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6222.jpg
[quote="saint billy"]Dont talk to Legendary supporter like that![/quote] [quote="The Main Man"]legend supporter i agree. Pity i can't write it into words like that.[/quote] [quote="goddy"]Legendary Supporter, you sound like a true RL and Saints supporter, I salute you, well done mate.[/quote] [img]//img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Gorion/RLfans/legendarysupporter.jpg[/img] Thanks 2 st.fluffy:6222.jpg

Quote: Sadfish "I'm always fair both ways with the club mate.

Both the directors and the fans know that if the chips are down I and other supporters bodies reps on here, and we are a strong group, side purely on the side of whats best for the club and not best for any specific individual or set of individuals.'"

Very true Sadfish.

When the fans spoke with one voice under the SBS Banner the results were astounding.

We always knew though that that was the first couple of battles in a very long campaign and that the campaign at times would go very quiet as part of the process.

I'm sure that the pieces are now finally falling into place and that we are nearly there now and I for one cant wait to see the first sod cut on the new development. That really will hopefully be the start of the home straight when we really can see all of the plans come to fruition.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's official, we're on the road in 2011.
www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/479 ... d/?ref=rss

Should give us advantage at the other end of the season in the run up to the playoffs when we have home games week after week in the new stadium. (looks for a smilie of someone praying).
It's official, we're on the road in 2011.
www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/479 ... d/?ref=rss

Should give us advantage at the other end of the season in the run up to the playoffs when we have home games week after week in the new stadium. (looks for a smilie of someone praying).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

BTW some posts pushing at the boundaries of credibility in this thread lately. We all know the club have consistently had to creep completion dates back with every anouncement and have released some unrealistic time lines. Either the club have been gullible in accepting what the developers have said then repeated it to us, or they have tried to paint a rosier picture than the real world.

Either way it's not good.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This is exciting:
"Saints also announced it will hold a series of fans forums over a week during February.

This will allow season ticket holders to view the venue’s layout and have the chance to reserve seats at the new stadium."

3055 posts in 205 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
3055 posts in 205 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
29m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
51m