JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Well I normally reserve judgement on this for game 10. I think 10 games in is where you can say you have seen the best and worst of the team.

But with game 10 being after Easter I think there will be lots of other things to talk about such as Wigan and Leeds.

At the start of the year people where saying their starting 17 I wonder if that has changed for anyone.

It certainly has for me.

FB Lomax
Wings Makinson Swift
(these two have really come on this year)
Centre Turner Jones
(I was going for Percival before a ball was kicked but I think Jones has earned the shirt and should not be dropped)
Halfs Wheeler and Walsh
( to me these two have combined the best, but no one has really nailed down the 6 shirt)
Prop Amor & Masoe
( been impressed with Masoe not just a bulky runner)
Hooker Roby
(but I do think he needs an interchange)
2nd Row Sia Manu
( although I think Manu has not been as top as he has been)
LF Wellens
( I think he has earned a shirt not of the past, but off the present, I would start him as we need to start in the right fashion and not bring him on to stabilize)

Subs
Walmsley
Laffranchi
Flanaghan
Lance ( I would bring as an interchange hooker and cover for backs in an important game)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: bewareshadows "Well I normally reserve judgement on this for game 10. I think 10 games in is where you can say you have seen the best and worst of the team.

But with game 10 being after Easter I think there will be lots of other things to talk about such as Wigan and Leeds.

At the start of the year people where saying their starting 17 I wonder if that has changed for anyone.

It certainly has for me.

FB Lomax
Wings Makinson Swift
Centre Turner Jones
(I was going for Percival before a ball was kicked but I think Jones has earned the shirt and should not be dropped)
Halfs Wheeler and Walsh
( to me these two have combined the best, but no one has really nailed down the 6 shirt)
Prop Amor & Masoe
Hooker Roby
2nd Row Sia Manu
LF Wellens
( I think he has earned a shirt not of the past, but off the present, I would start him as we need to start in the right fashion and not bring him on to stabilize)

Subs
Walmsley
Laffranchi
Flanaghan
Lance ( I would bring as an interchange hooker and cover for backs in an important game)'"

We missed Lance last night.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

I'll agree. I think Lance and Wheeler are 50/50 at the moment. Once one starts producing consistently good performances they will nail down the spot for the rest of the year. Unfortunately for Lance injury got in the way.

I still don't get why we went with Wilkin at 6, when Wheeler is fit. He could have drafted into the 19 surely for an injured player

RankPostsTeam
International Star388
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bewareshadows "I'll agree. I think Lance and Wheeler are 50/50 at the moment. Once one starts producing consistently good performances they will nail down the spot for the rest of the year. Unfortunately for Lance injury got in the way.

I still don't get why we went with Wilkin at 6, when Wheeler is fit. He could have drafted into the 19 surely for an injured player'"

We actually Finnished up with Wellens at six who produced a sterling performance for us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Lance should be 6, Wheeler has again offered nothing and should be released.

LMS should be 13. Wello has done okay, but misses too many tackles as he isn't a forward. Should not be playing week in week out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Saddened! "Lance should be 6, Wheeler has again offered nothing and should be released.

LMS should be 13. Wello has done okay, but misses too many tackles as he isn't a forward. Should not be playing week in week out.'"

Lms was awful last night until the last ten mins.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: St pete "Lms was awful last night until the last ten mins.'"

I'll put that down to him playing prop in Kyle's absence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7498
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15174_1377541021.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15174.gif

Quote: bewareshadows "Well I normally reserve judgement on this for game 10. I think 10 games in is where you can say you have seen the best and worst of the team.

It certainly has for me.

FB Lomax
Wings Makinson Swift
Centre Turner Jones
Halfs Wheeler and Walsh
Prop Amor & Masoe
Hooker Roby
2nd Row Sia Manu
LF Wellens

Subs
Walmsley
Laffranchi
Flanaghan
Lance ( I would bring as an interchange hooker and cover for backs in an important game)'"

Apart from last night I'd have Wilkin in front of Manu based on form. Manu just hasnt impressed me yet this season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif

Quote: Saddened! "I'll put that down to him playing prop in Kyle's absence.'"

He's played prop did years. If he can't play prop then Richards or walker should have come in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN::27476.gif

For me:

Lomax
Makinson Turner Jones Swift
Hohaia Walsh
Amor Roby Masoe
Wilkin Soliola
LMS

Walmsley Laffranchi Manu* Wellens

*if were going with form alone Manu would be out for Flanaghan

Makinson, after a few years of struggling has finally gotten over second year syndrome, and is rapidly becoming one of the top finishers in the game. He's currently scoring tries that no one else in this country could score.

Jones is a centre. I said it in the off season, and he proved it Friday night. The trick Nathan Brown has is fitting 3 very good centres into 2 positions when Percival returns - but people have been calling for a centre like willie talau for years - josh jones can be that man.

Hohaia has finally shown some of what he's capable of, given the freedom Walsh grants him. I've gone from not caring if he returns to the NRL next year, to hoping we at least have a replacement lined up (he's not in the soliola - tears rolling down my cheek stage, but hey there's a long way to go yet icon_wink.gif )

Walsh and Amor are everything I could dream them to be. Friday night also showed we should do everything in our power to replace laffranchi with huby (assuming laffranchi is retiring)

Walmsley and masoe both have their stupid moments, but the game where both of them iron it out, were gonna steam roller.

Masoe has proven he's no Feka. And he's getting better and better week on week. The slip ball on Friday wih 3 hanging onto him was great ... Just a shame it was slippers Wilkin as opposed lomax!

Lms is not a prop. We get dominated whenever he starts there. It's not too bad when we pull a TP style of starting him at lock and moving him forward, but he should be left at 13 (where I think he's very good)

Soliola is perhaps the best back rower in the league. He's certainly the form back rower in super league. At the start of the season I would of had him on the bench for impact, but his performances demand long minutes and he can do them.

Manu has been the let down of the year so far. But people suggest he's a slow starter, so I'm willing to give him some more time to pick up his game. He was ambling at times on Friday. In form alone Flanaghan would be ahead of him, and even greenwood.

Greenwood deserves a special mention. Despite not making my cut, he's still much improved on last year, and looks like he could go far.

We need someone to rotate with Roby.

Wellens is currently making the cut by his own right.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15252_1297730111.jpg
[color=#FF0000:dd3r80vu][b:dd3r80vu]I HATE ALL THE PIES[/b:dd3r80vu][/color:dd3r80vu]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15252.jpg

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "For me:

Lomax
Hohaia Walsh
Amor Roby Masoe
Wilkin Soliola
LMS

Makinson, after a few years of struggling has finally gotten over second year syndrome, and is rapidly becoming one of the top finishers in the game. He's currently scoring tries that no one else in this country could score.

Jones is a centre. I said it in the off season, and he proved it Friday night. The trick Nathan Brown has is fitting 3 very good centres into 2 positions when Percival returns - but people have been calling for a centre like willie talau for years - josh jones can be that man.

Hohaia has finally shown some of what he's capable of, given the freedom Walsh grants him. I've gone from not caring if he returns to the NRL next year, to hoping we at least have a replacement lined up (he's not in the soliola - tears rolling down my cheek stage, but hey there's a long way to go yet This is the closest of the suggestions to my choice of a first 17.

However for HiHo I would put in Wheeler and for Turner (who I thought was awful against Cas) I would have Percival.

I would also probably put Greenwood on the bench instead of Laffranchi who just doesn't cut it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "For me:

Lomax
Hohaia Walsh
Amor Roby Masoe
Wilkin Soliola
LMS

Hohaia has finally shown some of what he's capable of, given the freedom Walsh grants him. I've gone from not caring if he returns to the NRL next year, to hoping we at least have a replacement lined up (he's not in the soliola - tears rolling down my cheek stage, but hey there's a long way to go yet

We look a hell of a lot stronger with Amor and Walmsley being on the pitch together but then we fall apart when they go off. It's a shame the other props can't carry us until those two come back on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN::27476.gif

Quote: saint at wire "This is the closest of the suggestions to my choice of a first 17.

However for HiHo I would put in Wheeler and for Turner (who I thought was awful against Cas) I would have Percival.

I would also probably put Greenwood on the bench instead of Laffranchi who just doesn't cut it.'"

Hohaia vs wheeler is perhaps the closest battle when everyone's fit. The problem wheeler has is even when he's playing, I'm skeptical as to how long for.

Turner did have a very poor game vs castleford, but I'm a big fan of his in general - nobody deserves dropping on the basis of 1 game.

Given our situation having 2 props on the bench is vital for me. Hence laffranchi is there, having wellens, Manu and greenwood on the bench is back row overload! Plus, laffranchi is one of our top tacklers, i think he picks up some unfair criticism on here.

St. Pete: I think in the long run Amor and Masoe starting with walmsley coming on should extend that (aka instead of dominating the first 20, well dominate the first 30) our 4th prop options limit the chance we have of totally dominating like we have done with Amor and walmsley (both options in lms and laffranchi are better in defence than going forward) - but I think were yet to see a fully fit Amor walmsley and Masoe combo yet, and is something to look forward to in the coming weeks!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "Hohaia vs wheeler is perhaps the closest battle when everyone's fit. The problem wheeler has is even when he's playing, I'm skeptical as to how long for.

Turner did have a very poor game vs castleford, but I'm a big fan of his in general - nobody deserves dropping on the basis of 1 game.

Given our situation having 2 props on the bench is vital for me. Hence laffranchi is there, having wellens, Manu and greenwood on the bench is back row overload! Plus, laffranchi is one of our top tacklers, i think he picks up some unfair criticism on here.

St. Pete

Moses last 15 mins was the best rugby he's played for saints so far.

RankPostsTeam
International Star25No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

My strongest 17 if all fit would be:

1) lomax
2) makinson
3) turner
4) percival
5) swift
6) lance
7) Walsh
icon_cool.gif amor
9) Roby
10) walmsley
11) wilkin
12) Jones
13) Sia

14) wellens
15) Masoe
16) manu
17) LMS

The backs pretty much speak for themselves. Our back 3 is awesome, makinson has to be closing in on England's number 2 shirt! The centres are raw talent but IMO will both come good and hohia and Walsh seem to have hit the ground running together.

The starting front row of amor Roby walmsley IMO is the best in super league at the mo! (and all English).

Good defensive back row to start with and impact from the bench in the form of manu.

Also got to have wellens on the bench he's been immense this year and his critics on here are deluded! He grafts, gives everything for the shirt and more importantly numerous times this season he has come off the bench to steady the ship! Great leadership qualities.

19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.7392578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
2m
Championship Awards
FIL
9m