JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13373_1293476827.jpg
"I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13373.jpg

Quote: St pete "Typical idiotic saints fan reply.

I've not said send him back. I've said I'm big fan of his. I said he will come good NEXT season when he's got some fitness back.

Anyone with half brain can see he's so unfit it's unreal and he's that unfit he's been a liability. I simply suggested he should have started on the bench and earned his right to play. He s basically walled into the team at the expense of lomax losing his position, Theo lost his position altogether against Wigan and now matty Smith lost his spot (rightly so).

You think it's tight he walks into the team in such bad condition? What must lomax be thinking? What must fages be thinking? What will Smith be thinking? I'd put my house on them not being to happy.

For example, just put yourself in lomax anid fages shoes. Lomax is fit (wasn't unfit as barba afyer two serious injuries), never drops high balls, never missed tackles and our main threat out the back. Tho really come on this year and in our top 3 players of the year. How would you feel seeing the level of fitness barba is at and getting picked?

Oh yes he did win the Dally M, he won it 6yrs ago now. In that 6yrs since he's walked away from the game, suffered with depression, used cocaine, had drink problem , won the grand final and was sacked, went to union and was released. If you think we are getting the 2012 Dally M winner then your deluded.

Todd Carney won the Dally M, should we get him?

I'm just thinking about the team and making too 4. I think having barba at fullback makes us a worse team this year and as I said, I think he will be good for us next year.'"

I didn't say you said send him back did I, nor did I say that we are getting the same player from when he won the Dally M - what I'm saying is he won it, and that isn't handed out to every man and his dog is it! Has Lomax or Fages won Man of Steel? No. Have they ever come close to it? No.

How do you expect a guy who's been out of the game, as you rightly point out, for so long, to be match fit without playing any matches? I agree with you, in that if it were me, he would have come off the bench, but I see no issue with Holbrook chucking him in and seeing what he can do - our season is pretty much on the line now and the players that have played all year haven't probably performed (or wanted to perform, under KC) as we'd have hoped for. So Holbrook has taken a chance with playing Barba hoping he can bring some of the magic he obviously has as a player that some of the other lads don't have, and fair play to him. 2 games in, has it worked? Possibly not. Could it work? Who knows without giving him a go...

RankPostsTeam
Moderator3221No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13373_1293476827.jpg
"I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13373.jpg

At the end of the day, Holbrook isn't there to make players happy, he's paid to win trophies, which means making decisions that not everyone is going to like - fans and/or players! Professional players will accept it, non professional players with throw their toys out of the pram, and there are plenty of other clubs out there for players like that.

What would you rather have - a happy bunch of 20 odd players that are all best bum chums and finish 3rd, 4th, 5th or below, or a group of hungry players that want to fight and win and work hard and finish 1st and win trophies?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Mike Oxlong "At the end of the day, Holbrook isn't there to make players happy, he's paid to win trophies, which means making decisions that not everyone is going to like - fans and/or players! Professional players will accept it, non professional players with throw their toys out of the pram, and there are plenty of other clubs out there for players like that.

What would you rather have - a happy bunch of 20 odd players that are all best bum chums and finish 3rd, 4th, 5th or below, or a group of hungry players that want to fight and win and work hard and finish 1st and win trophies?'"

Mate, he's been awful and it's down to not being fit. You can play players that unfit . He s not earned his spot in the two games, he's made mistakes, he's unfit and Danny brough and Michael Dobson will be rubbing their hands.

I'd imagine it's knocking his confidence as well. Big NRL superstar and Dally M winner playing so bad and being made to look like he has.

Holbrook should take him to one side, tell him he's not fit enough to play from start at moment and put him on bench and he can come again next year.

Let's get fit players playing in their positions and push for a semi place.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator3221No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13373_1293476827.jpg

Quote: St pete "Mate, he's been awful and it's down to not being fit. You can play players that unfit . He s not earned his spot in the two games, he's made mistakes, he's unfit and Danny brough and Michael Dobson will be rubbing their hands.

I'd imagine it's knocking his confidence as well. Big NRL superstar and Dally M winner playing so bad and being made to look like he has.

Holbrook should take him to one side, tell him he's not fit enough to play from start at moment and put him on bench and he can come again next year.

Let's get fit players playing in their positions and push for a semi place.'"

Again I don't disagree with you, but the question is how do you get him fit without playing him? Coming off the bench for 20 mins a week for 3 weeks isn't gonna do it - and what happens if somehow we manage to make it to the GF, he's played an hours rugby over the 4 or 5 games, and Lomax, Fages, etc goes down with a broken leg in the semi final - would be even worse to throw him in at that stage having played so few minutes.

I know it's all if's, but's and maybe's at the moment, but if he hadn't played him, we wouldn't know, and fans on the other side of the coin would be moaning saying we have a world class player that we aren't playing, so can't win either way.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: Mike Oxlong "Again I don't disagree with you, but the question is how do you get him fit without playing him? Coming off the bench for 20 mins a week for 3 weeks isn't gonna do it - and what happens if somehow we manage to make it to the GF, he's played an hours rugby over the 4 or 5 games, and Lomax, Fages, etc goes down with a broken leg in the semi final - would be even worse to throw him in at that stage having played so few minutes.

I know it's all if's, but's and maybe's at the moment, but if he hadn't played him, we wouldn't know, and fans on the other side of the coin would be moaning saying we have a world class player that we aren't playing, so can't win either way.'"

You do have to play to get match fit I agree with that 200% but he's not going to get match fit this year and only 2 games to go.

Even if he did get some fitness back he will lose it all come him going home for winter if it was early season then yeah play him and get him fit for the business end bit it's Not, it's the make or break part of the year and can't carry people.

It's about the TEAM trying to win the grand final and not trying to get Ben Barba fit.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain5No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not to shabby from Barba tonight... Looks like he's getting acclimatised.

24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.009765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Saints h
MattyB
10m
Vegas Baby
MattyB
12m