FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > St. Helens > The next 5games...
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Billinge_Lump , Saint Simon , BackrowSaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: bewareshadows "Well people said throw it about'"

I think we mean In a proper manner. Both teams look poor. Can't knock effort but our execution is poor.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Judder Man "With probably the exception of Swifty I would say every other player are shadows of there former selves in just one season, Tommy Makinson has become a one trick pony. Most of the team look unsettled and don't appear to have any work ethic, Wilkin in the media mentioned having to be exceptional to beating Wigan, that tells me there is no confidence and belief in the team, the Saints "never say die" has gone.'"

When they used to interview Daniel Anderson before a game, he would often say "they'll have to play at their very best to beat us". He instilled so much self belief into us and the players believed it. Seeing Wellens screaming at our players to fire them up when they were lining up their conversions was a bit embarrassing...not on Wellens cos the lad's a legend, but rather that he felt he had to do it because nobody else was. I'm a fan of Wilkin and I'm not going to slag him off, but I'm not sure he's got all the lads behind him and when he threw the ball down in frustration that was very telling. It was relatively early on in the game yet he appeared incredibly frustrated.

I'm not sure what's going on. I don't know any of the players nor do I know anyone who has any inside info but it seems to be that them lads are not all in it together. The Hull players the other week asked the coaches to leave them alone for 10 minutes whilst they sorted a few issues out. I hope our lads can do the same because I think they need to.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach616
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22477_1379676101.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22477.jpeg

Quote: bewareshadows "Good Rugby though requires the arm wrestle it requires going through the grind and it requires boring rugby.
Yes you can start to throw it about if you take control of the game, or if the game is starting to run away from you.
The first few weeks we have been playing winter rugby, because it's been wet and windy conditions. Tonight we seemed to change tact completely going into throwing it about at all costs. I don't mind seeing a bit of grind and some of it tonight would have settled us nicely into the game.

For me Walsh is starting to look alot better.
The pack is making meters up the field,
Peyroux is a big unit and starting to make in roads.

Owens I'm unconvinced about, not sure why after weeks being out of the team he was kicking. But he managed to gift Leeds field position for their first 2 tries.

Dawson does ok and did very well to tackle Watkins.

I do wonder if the players read these forums and were feeling that they needed to show what we can do attacking wise.

Who knows but I think we will go well as the season goes on.'"
have you been swallowing Keirans positivity in adversity'we can do it'pills?
You must be a statue fan"How can our leader be bad if he has a statue"?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach616
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22477_1379676101.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22477.jpeg

Quote: Twentyman "When they used to interview Daniel Anderson before a game, he would often say "they'll have to play at their very best to beat us". He instilled so much self belief into us and the players believed it. Seeing Wellens screaming at our players to fire them up when they were lining up their conversions was a bit embarrassing...not on Wellens cos the lad's a legend, but rather that he felt he had to do it because nobody else was. I'm a fan of Wilkin and I'm not going to slag him off, but I'm not sure he's got all the lads behind him and when he threw the ball down in frustration that was very telling. It was relatively early on in the game yet he appeared incredibly frustrated.

I'm not sure what's going on. I don't know any of the players nor do I know anyone who has any inside info but it seems to be that them lads are not all in it together. The Hull players the other week asked the coaches to leave them alone for 10 minutes whilst they sorted a few issues out. I hope our lads can do the same because I think they need to.'"
Once the Easter pasting is complete,Wires and Widness the dissilusionment will reach a crescendo,who do you suggest to plug the gap?Daryll Powell?poaching Dennis Betts?Brian Smith (no im joking).

RankPostsTeam
International Star2681No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58216_1342011610.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_58216.jpg

Quote: Twentyman "When they used to interview Daniel Anderson before a game, he would often say "they'll have to play at their very best to beat us". He instilled so much self belief into us and the players believed it. Seeing Wellens screaming at our players to fire them up when they were lining up their conversions was a bit embarrassing...not on Wellens cos the lad's a legend, but rather that he felt he had to do it because nobody else was. I'm a fan of Wilkin and I'm not going to slag him off, but I'm not sure he's got all the lads behind him and when he threw the ball down in frustration that was very telling. It was relatively early on in the game yet he appeared incredibly frustrated.

I'm not sure what's going on. I don't know any of the players nor do I know anyone who has any inside info but it seems to be that them lads are not all in it together. The Hull players the other week asked the coaches to leave them alone for 10 minutes whilst they sorted a few issues out. I hope our lads can do the same because I think they need to.'"

Interesting point...especially the Wilkin moment in the first couple of minutes. I thought it was an odd reaction at the time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: Albion "Interesting point...especially the Wilkin moment in the first couple of minutes. I thought it was an odd reaction at the time.'"

And then we had Wellens bawling and shouting on the touchline later, I don't think the players and the coaching team are one entity. Maybe the players know this conservative style of playing is far too restrictive and is spoiling there natural playing instincts, the frustration is showing up in quite a few players now especially Walmsley.
He has gone from being in the top 3 for tackle busting last season to being one of the worse this season, just watch the games and you can see Walmsley is being used more as a decoy runner (a la Mose) and Walmsley doesn't like it.

83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.92919921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
2m