Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg
:744.jpg

Administrator

Living

What a curious little film, not sure how it got made but quite glad it did. It is a vehicle for Bill Nighy which got his Oscar nominated for Best Actor and it was a role seemingly written for him as a run of the mill 1950´s post-war council worker who gets an unexpected diagnosis and looks to ´live a little´.

Well acted costume drama which gives an interesting insight into a period of time about which little is written or made, just after a horrendous war and the austerity it brought, and just before the UK kicked off its shoes for the swinging sixties. A very peculiar moment in time brilliantly captured.

But probably not a film I´d want to watch again.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9051908/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2
Living

What a curious little film, not sure how it got made but quite glad it did. It is a vehicle for Bill Nighy which got his Oscar nominated for Best Actor and it was a role seemingly written for him as a run of the mill 1950´s post-war council worker who gets an unexpected diagnosis and looks to ´live a little´.

Well acted costume drama which gives an interesting insight into a period of time about which little is written or made, just after a horrendous war and the austerity it brought, and just before the UK kicked off its shoes for the swinging sixties. A very peculiar moment in time brilliantly captured.

But probably not a film I´d want to watch again.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9051908/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

The Beasts (As Bestas)

I agonised long and hard over whether to watch this study into relationships in a small Galician (Spain) village where a couple of foreigners buy a house to look for the quiet life but antagonise the locals with tragic consequences. Filmed in Castillian, Gallego and French it is an observational piece and is based on a widely documented true story (Santoalla) with a documentary available on YouTube.

I agonised because it is a story based broadly on what my wife and I have done over the last 9 years, without antagonising the locals, in that we moved to a remote(ish) small village as the first non-Spanish to live here and have tried to become part of the local community.

From my perspective it is an uncomfortable watch as I can see so much of ourselves in the two French lead characters; renovating a house, trying something different in a closed community, but not wanting to cause ructions.

It is beautifully filmed, well acted, and so close to some versions of reality in rural Spain.

It´s dark, and on occasions overpowering. Give it a try.

It won 9 Goya´s (including best film) and was nominated for 8 others.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15006566/? ... _sr_srsg_0
The Beasts (As Bestas)

I agonised long and hard over whether to watch this study into relationships in a small Galician (Spain) village where a couple of foreigners buy a house to look for the quiet life but antagonise the locals with tragic consequences. Filmed in Castillian, Gallego and French it is an observational piece and is based on a widely documented true story (Santoalla) with a documentary available on YouTube.

I agonised because it is a story based broadly on what my wife and I have done over the last 9 years, without antagonising the locals, in that we moved to a remote(ish) small village as the first non-Spanish to live here and have tried to become part of the local community.

From my perspective it is an uncomfortable watch as I can see so much of ourselves in the two French lead characters; renovating a house, trying something different in a closed community, but not wanting to cause ructions.

It is beautifully filmed, well acted, and so close to some versions of reality in rural Spain.

It´s dark, and on occasions overpowering. Give it a try.

It won 9 Goya´s (including best film) and was nominated for 8 others.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15006566/? ... _sr_srsg_0

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Luther: The Fallen Sun

Where to start with this!

I loved the BBC Luther series, dark, gritty, well written and brilliantly acted.

This is almost the antithesis, despite Idris Elba´s best efforts to make the best of a dreadful script and the full force of the BBC special effects department. To enjoy it you will need to suspend any rational thought or knowledge of the real world, forget some massive plot holes, ignore continuity errors, and try to forget that this was a cheeky ´test reel´ for Elba´s 007 aspirations.

There are some real howlers in here but the hill I would die on was a high class bar tender offering an 18 Year Old Glenmorangie or a Tullamore Dew as an alternative (the two are definitely not comparable in any way and no respectable barman would mention them in the same breath).

This spoils the memory of the true Luther, quite awful.

4/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3155298/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3
Luther: The Fallen Sun

Where to start with this!

I loved the BBC Luther series, dark, gritty, well written and brilliantly acted.

This is almost the antithesis, despite Idris Elba´s best efforts to make the best of a dreadful script and the full force of the BBC special effects department. To enjoy it you will need to suspend any rational thought or knowledge of the real world, forget some massive plot holes, ignore continuity errors, and try to forget that this was a cheeky ´test reel´ for Elba´s 007 aspirations.

There are some real howlers in here but the hill I would die on was a high class bar tender offering an 18 Year Old Glenmorangie or a Tullamore Dew as an alternative (the two are definitely not comparable in any way and no respectable barman would mention them in the same breath).

This spoils the memory of the true Luther, quite awful.

4/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3155298/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Champions

I went into this one knowing that it was a ´feelgood´film, but a feelgood film starring Woody Harrelson. I have loved Woody Harrelson through a whole host of hit and miss movies, Three Billboards, Triangle of Sadness (see earlier), Hunger games series, True Detective, No Country For Old Men, etc. But this was always going to be a gamble for the ace actor. A feelgood movie where he needed to avoid being too sickly, and unfortunately he didn´t pull it off.

A disgraced basketball coach ends up coaching a team of special needs kids and young adults in a vehicle for the Harrelson character to learn lessons and grow as a human. On paper it has potential but it is just a bit wide of the mark.

Don´t get me wrong, at no point did I consider turning it off, but it was all too predictable and formulaic. It´s not a great addition to Woody´s oeuvre and probably one which he´d rather wasn´t on his CV but it looks like he had a laugh making it, even if the laughs are a little few and far between for the viewer.

6/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15339570/? ... _champions
Champions

I went into this one knowing that it was a ´feelgood´film, but a feelgood film starring Woody Harrelson. I have loved Woody Harrelson through a whole host of hit and miss movies, Three Billboards, Triangle of Sadness (see earlier), Hunger games series, True Detective, No Country For Old Men, etc. But this was always going to be a gamble for the ace actor. A feelgood movie where he needed to avoid being too sickly, and unfortunately he didn´t pull it off.

A disgraced basketball coach ends up coaching a team of special needs kids and young adults in a vehicle for the Harrelson character to learn lessons and grow as a human. On paper it has potential but it is just a bit wide of the mark.

Don´t get me wrong, at no point did I consider turning it off, but it was all too predictable and formulaic. It´s not a great addition to Woody´s oeuvre and probably one which he´d rather wasn´t on his CV but it looks like he had a laugh making it, even if the laughs are a little few and far between for the viewer.

6/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15339570/? ... _champions

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

After Yang

I was recommended this by a friend, I´d not heard of it before his recommendation.

An under the radar (for me anyway), art house, low budget, delightful and thought provoking sci-fi revelation which has delightful cinematography, is brilliantly acted, and entertains the mind while moving at pedestrian pace on screen while sending your mind racing in many directions.

Set in the near future, a families Artificial Intelligence helper breaks down and attempts to repair it have unexpected consequences. The family experience grief and loss and try to seek some kind of closure.

Colin Farrell stars amongst a small cast in what is clearly a ´lockdown´ movie, but which doesn´t have most of the poor script and stilted scenes of what we have come to accept as a lockdown movie. Just enough Sci-fi to interest the geek in me but it´s less a story of the future and more a story of future relationships as well as being a study of loss and loyalty.

A delight if you want your mind to be stimulated.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8633464/?r ... r%2520yang
After Yang

I was recommended this by a friend, I´d not heard of it before his recommendation.

An under the radar (for me anyway), art house, low budget, delightful and thought provoking sci-fi revelation which has delightful cinematography, is brilliantly acted, and entertains the mind while moving at pedestrian pace on screen while sending your mind racing in many directions.

Set in the near future, a families Artificial Intelligence helper breaks down and attempts to repair it have unexpected consequences. The family experience grief and loss and try to seek some kind of closure.

Colin Farrell stars amongst a small cast in what is clearly a ´lockdown´ movie, but which doesn´t have most of the poor script and stilted scenes of what we have come to accept as a lockdown movie. Just enough Sci-fi to interest the geek in me but it´s less a story of the future and more a story of future relationships as well as being a study of loss and loyalty.

A delight if you want your mind to be stimulated.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8633464/?r ... r%2520yang

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

I think I´ve rated every Adam Driver movie that I´ve ever seen. He has a real presence, a mystery, and enigma and he usually impresses. I´ve rated them all until this. Although it is sci-fi, and really a genre in which he excels, this was lacklustre and unbelievable and while I watched it until the end it was a bit of an effort.

Set 65 million years in the past our main character gets marooned on earth while travelling between galaxies after an unexpected meteor shower. He has to try and get off a dinosaur infested planet in danger of impeding meteor impact (we all know what happened then).

It´s a lockdown film with limited cast and they really should have spent more time developing the idea and the script and it could have been so watchable. Good special effects if you can suspend your disbelief.

5/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12261776/? ... _nm_2_q_65

I think I´ve rated every Adam Driver movie that I´ve ever seen. He has a real presence, a mystery, and enigma and he usually impresses. I´ve rated them all until this. Although it is sci-fi, and really a genre in which he excels, this was lacklustre and unbelievable and while I watched it until the end it was a bit of an effort.

Set 65 million years in the past our main character gets marooned on earth while travelling between galaxies after an unexpected meteor shower. He has to try and get off a dinosaur infested planet in danger of impeding meteor impact (we all know what happened then).

It´s a lockdown film with limited cast and they really should have spent more time developing the idea and the script and it could have been so watchable. Good special effects if you can suspend your disbelief.

5/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12261776/? ... _nm_2_q_65

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Renfield

Walking the tightrope between garbage a genius, Nicolas Cage camps it up to the max as Dracula in this gorefest comedy which brings the legend to modern day USA through the eyes of Dracula´s long suffering man servant Renfield.

Crazy fight sequences, including one hundred bizarre ways to die, are the main tenet of this shortish seemingly low budget encounter but what I liked most were the knowing nods to the long established lore of Dracula, most made in a terrific comedic manner.

It is absolutely kitsch, from the opening sequence to the final showdown, but I enjoyed the ride and great performances from the main actors; Nicholas Hoult, Nicolas Cage, Awkwafina and Ben Schwartz.

It´s never going to get a mention at the Oscars, but it´s a good wheeze.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11358390/? ... m_5_q_renf
Renfield

Walking the tightrope between garbage a genius, Nicolas Cage camps it up to the max as Dracula in this gorefest comedy which brings the legend to modern day USA through the eyes of Dracula´s long suffering man servant Renfield.

Crazy fight sequences, including one hundred bizarre ways to die, are the main tenet of this shortish seemingly low budget encounter but what I liked most were the knowing nods to the long established lore of Dracula, most made in a terrific comedic manner.

It is absolutely kitsch, from the opening sequence to the final showdown, but I enjoyed the ride and great performances from the main actors; Nicholas Hoult, Nicolas Cage, Awkwafina and Ben Schwartz.

It´s never going to get a mention at the Oscars, but it´s a good wheeze.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11358390/? ... m_5_q_renf

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

The Pope´s Exorcist

Horror is certainly not my genre but I was pulled in by the promise of Russell Crowe riding a Vespa and to be honest I enjoyed it, despite Hollywood´s current penchant for gratuitous gore.

The characters are well built the story holds together nicely and runs at some pace (a few glaring errors like Crowes figure riding over 2,000km on a Vespa between locations) with decent enough acting and some quite sinister moments which will have you reaching for the cushions.

Based on true stories (supposedly) or at least a true exorcist (a position of The Pope´s Exorcist which existed in the Vatican until very recent times) but totally incredible. If you can get past the opening scene then you should enjoy it.

The Exorcist for 2023?

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13375076/? ... %2520popes
The Pope´s Exorcist

Horror is certainly not my genre but I was pulled in by the promise of Russell Crowe riding a Vespa and to be honest I enjoyed it, despite Hollywood´s current penchant for gratuitous gore.

The characters are well built the story holds together nicely and runs at some pace (a few glaring errors like Crowes figure riding over 2,000km on a Vespa between locations) with decent enough acting and some quite sinister moments which will have you reaching for the cushions.

Based on true stories (supposedly) or at least a true exorcist (a position of The Pope´s Exorcist which existed in the Vatican until very recent times) but totally incredible. If you can get past the opening scene then you should enjoy it.

The Exorcist for 2023?

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13375076/? ... %2520popes

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Dead Shot (Also known as Borderland)

I watched this because Mark Strong is rarely in a bad film, and despite this getting panned by the critics, it´s not a bad little low budget offering.

Set in IRA Ireland and then Britain of the 1970´s it follows a typical revenge format but is nicely acted, reasonably scripted, and pretty decently set dressed with plenty of great cars and music of the time to wonder at. There are a couple of nice twists, but none which will really shock you.

The main actors are all fully believable in their roles and while there is plenty of violence it is not on recent Hollywood levels.

An enjoyable and shortish film.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8019518/?r ... d%2520shot
Dead Shot (Also known as Borderland)

I watched this because Mark Strong is rarely in a bad film, and despite this getting panned by the critics, it´s not a bad little low budget offering.

Set in IRA Ireland and then Britain of the 1970´s it follows a typical revenge format but is nicely acted, reasonably scripted, and pretty decently set dressed with plenty of great cars and music of the time to wonder at. There are a couple of nice twists, but none which will really shock you.

The main actors are all fully believable in their roles and while there is plenty of violence it is not on recent Hollywood levels.

An enjoyable and shortish film.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8019518/?r ... d%2520shot

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Air

The premise of a two hour film about how Nike secured their groundbreaking relationship with basketball superstar Michael Jordan doesn´t really inspire one to dedicate the time and would probably make you pass on by to something with a bit more promise. But throw Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jason Bateman and Viola Davies into the pot and mix with a deliciously written script and attention to mid 1980´s detail and what you have is a delightful film which is filled with laughs.

Matt Damon plays the agent for Nike, who goes against the norm to put together a deal to entice Jordan away from the two leading brands at the time, Converse and Adidas, and make the seemingly impossible happen (hopefully not a spoiler).

It is beautifully acted with a funky eighties soundtrack and some of the best expletive rich dialogues that I can remember since ´Glengarry, Glen Ross´.

A delight.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16419074/? ... _nm_4_q_ai
Air

The premise of a two hour film about how Nike secured their groundbreaking relationship with basketball superstar Michael Jordan doesn´t really inspire one to dedicate the time and would probably make you pass on by to something with a bit more promise. But throw Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jason Bateman and Viola Davies into the pot and mix with a deliciously written script and attention to mid 1980´s detail and what you have is a delightful film which is filled with laughs.

Matt Damon plays the agent for Nike, who goes against the norm to put together a deal to entice Jordan away from the two leading brands at the time, Converse and Adidas, and make the seemingly impossible happen (hopefully not a spoiler).

It is beautifully acted with a funky eighties soundtrack and some of the best expletive rich dialogues that I can remember since ´Glengarry, Glen Ross´.

A delight.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16419074/? ... _nm_4_q_ai

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves

A slightly overlong fantasy epic starring Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez which gives nothing new in terms of the genre but does deliver some nice moments and has a decent amount of comedy to show that it is played for laughs and not taking itself too seriously.

It´s about a petty thief's attempt to get back his daughter after getting caught and imprisoned in a medieval heist. The cinematography and CGI are great and there is a brilliant scene in a graveyard which while predictable, still raised an audible laugh.

Hugh Grant camps it up, in the way that only Hugh Grant can. It was nice enough but just felt a bit superficial. Run of the mill.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906216/?r ... _q_dungeon
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves

A slightly overlong fantasy epic starring Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez which gives nothing new in terms of the genre but does deliver some nice moments and has a decent amount of comedy to show that it is played for laughs and not taking itself too seriously.

It´s about a petty thief's attempt to get back his daughter after getting caught and imprisoned in a medieval heist. The cinematography and CGI are great and there is a brilliant scene in a graveyard which while predictable, still raised an audible laugh.

Hugh Grant camps it up, in the way that only Hugh Grant can. It was nice enough but just felt a bit superficial. Run of the mill.

7/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906216/?r ... _q_dungeon

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Guy Richie´s The Covenant

Another shoot-em-up in the best Hollywood style with plenty of gore and a massive body count as you would probably expect from Guy Richie as he takes on an Afghanistan war and aftermath story.

A tale of an American sergeant (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his interpreter (Dar Salim) and their relationship both during operations and after. Follows a similar format to the fantastic ´The Killing Fields´ with a long set-up and a well delivered, pulling at the heartstrings, second act.

Gyllenhaal is rapidly becoming one of the best film actors and he is fantastic in this role, as is his co-actor and it would be difficult to decide who should have headline billing.

If you can see past the blood and gore then you will enjoy this, never a dull moment, full of twists and turns. Definitely worth watching.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4873118/?r ... es%2520the
Guy Richie´s The Covenant

Another shoot-em-up in the best Hollywood style with plenty of gore and a massive body count as you would probably expect from Guy Richie as he takes on an Afghanistan war and aftermath story.

A tale of an American sergeant (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his interpreter (Dar Salim) and their relationship both during operations and after. Follows a similar format to the fantastic ´The Killing Fields´ with a long set-up and a well delivered, pulling at the heartstrings, second act.

Gyllenhaal is rapidly becoming one of the best film actors and he is fantastic in this role, as is his co-actor and it would be difficult to decide who should have headline billing.

If you can see past the blood and gore then you will enjoy this, never a dull moment, full of twists and turns. Definitely worth watching.

8/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4873118/?r ... es%2520the

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Old Henry

I love a good western, and this is a good western. It had slipped under my radar and I was only alerted to it by a Facebook post which suggested that it was an undiscovered and unrecognised potential classic. That might push it a bit far but it kept me interested, was tense, brilliantly acted and a nice twist which I´d not seen coming (but then why should I have).

It had a lockdown feel, small cast, limited locations but wasn´t any the worse for it.

A farmsteader stumbles across an injured man and a satchel of cash and agrees to help him but there is a posse hot on his trail. A little formulaic but uncomfortable in it´s delivery.

8/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12731980/? ... %2520henry
Old Henry

I love a good western, and this is a good western. It had slipped under my radar and I was only alerted to it by a Facebook post which suggested that it was an undiscovered and unrecognised potential classic. That might push it a bit far but it kept me interested, was tense, brilliantly acted and a nice twist which I´d not seen coming (but then why should I have).

It had a lockdown feel, small cast, limited locations but wasn´t any the worse for it.

A farmsteader stumbles across an injured man and a satchel of cash and agrees to help him but there is a posse hot on his trail. A little formulaic but uncomfortable in it´s delivery.

8/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12731980/? ... %2520henry

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Reality

I´ve started three films over recent days and not made it more than half an hour into them, so it was a refreshing change to give Reality a spin after a recommendation from another film watching friend. It is based on the true story of Reality Winner who was investigated for breaching her security clearance by supplying information about Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential elections to the media.

It is brilliantly filmed and portrays a very claustrophobic atmosphere which keeps you on the edge of your seat through its short eighty minutes duration. Mostly unknown actors are convincing in their roles, particularly Sydney Sweeney as the lead and the ´fly on the wall´style of presentation adds to the drama.

Well worth seeking out.

7/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24068064/? ... nm_3_q_rea
Reality

I´ve started three films over recent days and not made it more than half an hour into them, so it was a refreshing change to give Reality a spin after a recommendation from another film watching friend. It is based on the true story of Reality Winner who was investigated for breaching her security clearance by supplying information about Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential elections to the media.

It is brilliantly filmed and portrays a very claustrophobic atmosphere which keeps you on the edge of your seat through its short eighty minutes duration. Mostly unknown actors are convincing in their roles, particularly Sydney Sweeney as the lead and the ´fly on the wall´style of presentation adds to the drama.

Well worth seeking out.

7/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24068064/? ... nm_3_q_rea

RankPostsTeam
Administrator8510
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
744.jpg

Administrator

Extraction II

The follow up to 2020 'Blockbuster´ Extraction for Netflix which takes up where the previous movie left off, including the miraculous recovery of the star Chris Hemsworth.

It's crash, bang, wallop and then a bit more crash, bang and indeed wallop. The assembled cast fire more bullets than the entire US Army managed in the Vietnam war while writing off more high end 4x4s and luxury limousines than you'd find in a Romanian people traffickers compound.

It is an entertaining way to pass the time, full of great set pieces, CGI eye candy, and a limited dialogue and storyline, the latter summed up easily by the movies one word title. Nothing great, Saturday night fodder after a takeaway without too much need to think about it. Probably best avoided until you've finished eating though.

6/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12263384/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Extraction II

The follow up to 2020 'Blockbuster´ Extraction for Netflix which takes up where the previous movie left off, including the miraculous recovery of the star Chris Hemsworth.

It's crash, bang, wallop and then a bit more crash, bang and indeed wallop. The assembled cast fire more bullets than the entire US Army managed in the Vietnam war while writing off more high end 4x4s and luxury limousines than you'd find in a Romanian people traffickers compound.

It is an entertaining way to pass the time, full of great set pieces, CGI eye candy, and a limited dialogue and storyline, the latter summed up easily by the movies one word title. Nothing great, Saturday night fodder after a takeaway without too much need to think about it. Probably best avoided until you've finished eating though.

6/10

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12263384/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

711 posts in 48 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
711 posts in 48 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.458984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 16 London Home
Broadacres
9m
Leeds
Benny Profan
15m
Reserves
BigTime
23m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
28m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
30m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
34m
Rumours thread
FOREVERTRIN
37m
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Planning for next season
satanicmills
36s
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
42s
Salford - Away
Jake the Peg
44s
The NRL Thread
YosemiteSam
46s
Olly Russell 4 year deal
newgroundb4w
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MattyB
1m
Rumours thread
FOREVERTRIN
1m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Broadacres
TODAY
Leeds
Benny Profan
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
MattyB
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
Smiffy27
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,464 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
       League One 2024-R14
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
 Sat 17th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
13:00
Hull FC
v
LondonB
15:30
Wigan
v
St.Helens
18:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Sun 18th Aug 2024
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R22
Leigh
v
Salford
Catalans
v
Hull KR
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10