JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "Ablett has done well as a stand in centre but at best that is all he is.'"
Didn't he recently play an international at that position?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

I thought the Leeds side in the Final was pretty unrecognisable from the one that beat Wigan in the semi. In the semi Leeds seemed to play with a lot more intensity in defence and looked more threatening in attack too. Losing McGuire obviously influenced the attack but defence? I was disappointed with the Leeds line speed and the space around the ruck was vast.

The second half was all Warrington as they strangled Leeds and made them play in their own quarter for most of the game. Leeds seemed incapable of breaking out and played too much up the jumper rugby, someone like Moore would have been useful for his offload game. When they did move it wide it was like watching the Lost Loiners with wild passing to people stood still with nowhere to go.

Leeds are capable of a lot better.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: G1 "Didn't he recently play an international at that position?'"

Sad indictment of the depth of quality in SL really.

(I like Ablett by the wayclub[/i quality player)

rpw
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g22.gif
GWMC for the Cas n District Snooker League Title....!!! Up the workies !!:Others/g22.gif

Quote: Bullseye "I thought the Leeds side in the Final was pretty unrecognisable from the one that beat Wigan in the semi. In the semi Leeds seemed to play with a lot more intensity in defence and looked more threatening in attack too. Losing McGuire obviously influenced the attack but defence? I was disappointed with the Leeds line speed and the space around the ruck was vast.

The second half was all Warrington as they strangled Leeds and made them play in their own quarter for most of the game. Leeds seemed incapable of breaking out and played too much up the jumper rugby, someone like Moore would have been useful for his offload game. When they did move it wide it was like watching the Lost Loiners with wild passing to people stood still with nowhere to go.

Leeds are capable of a lot better.'"

Agree with pretty much all of that. The side needs a bit of work doing to it but I feel the main problem is the coaching..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rpw "Agree with pretty much all of that. The side needs a bit of work doing to it but I feel the main problem is the coaching..'"

Correct.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Nope.

Unless you consider fixtures against the Exiles as internationals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

I am not knocking Ablett who is a fine utility player and, as I said, has done well as a stand in centre. However despite his many attributes he is not a class centre and lacks speed. The international selection is more of a reflection on the dearth of class middle backs available.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

With the exception of one or two, Leeds lost pretty every collision in the forwards, whether attacking or defending.

The problem with that is that it builds momentum against you and is a hard cycle to get out of. With fewer flair off the cuff type players than usual, we struggled to make much yardage, and looked short of ideas.

The reason for us losing the collisions could be a combination of a number of reasons, one of which is players ability.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "The selection was a risk yes, but not a joke. '"

I doubt there were many Leeds fans laughing but not so sure that extended to the Warrington coach, players and fans.

Outside backs on the bench are a waste of a precious place. If they're good enough they should start, if they're not then what are they doing there. But this wasn't even a versatile, experienced outside back it was one with I imagine less than 80 minutes total 1st grade rugby experience, with no record of making an impact from the bench in his previous outings, whose planned participation could, according to some, be blown off course if it rained on a day when heavy showers were forecast.

Quote: Juan Cornetto " Webb, one of our best attackers over the years, had ruled himself out of the reckoning due in to bad discipline and form, and McGuire, another of our key players was out injured. This left the coach needing 2 replacement strike players. Therefore one obvious positive option was to play young Keinhorst who had done well the week before and had been knocking on the door of selection for several weeks. '"

The only player the novice Keinhorst was ever going to come on to replace was Ablett at left centre. Ablett is a far better left centre at this point than Keinhorst, so Keinhorst's introduction weakened the threat there not increased it. If a second row was required (as that is where Ablett was moved to), a better solution would have been to pick a second row on the bench instead of an outside back. A fresher legged genuine second row would offer more security than a drained Ablett for the final twenty. Especially as up to Jones-Buchanan's injury on 32 mins Ablett had been defending 4th or 5th man in, switching with Jones-Buchanan so already having to defend at left second-row because of Leeds' starting hooker needing to defend at left centre.

Is there another team in the world of professional RL that defends it's starting hooker at left centre? Doubtful - I can't imagine why it hasn't caught on.

Quote: Juan Cornetto " The other more negative option was to play another prop, in Moore, which would have increased the number of our props to 6 on the day! or another negative option was to go for Clarkson who is a good defender but offers nothing with ball in hand.'"

Either would have offered more than Keinhorst in the seventeen, of the two selecting Clarkson would have been the correct choice for me.

Quote: Juan Cornetto " I had posted my view prior to the game that to play Keinhorst was a good but risky option but that I expected the coach to go with the extra forward. I also said that I would have taken the risk to play Webb.'"

Was Webb available for selection? Where would your chosen option to select Webb have left Keinhorst or would you have played both Webb and Keinhorst and if so who would then have missed out?

Quote: Juan Cornetto " Why are you "almost certain there was no plan to bring Keinhorst on after 30 minutes" Jonathan Davies had said on the BBC prior to kick off that he understood that Leeds were planning to bring him on towards the end of the first half. '"

When prior to kick off did Jonathan Davies say that? Was it during the build up with Clare Balding, Brian Noble and Ian Millward? If not during the build up on the live BBC TV coverage, then where?

Quote: Juan Cornetto " This indicated a logical game plan to try and hold Warrington early doors with a defensive game and then open up a bit more having weathered the early storm. What changed that gameplan was the heavy rainfall which made a more attacking style before half time too risky, so they brought on another forward and held the youngster back. '"

It's a case being built around a statement I'd like to see verified first.

If Keinhorst was intended to be introduced after weathering the early stom why wasn't he introduced after weathering the early storm. The storm was forecast, did someone forget to tell McDermott. The weather can play a huge part in games and a tuned in coach will be across it like an F1 team sat on the paddock wall especially if it's likely to effect his planned substitutions.

Quote: Juan Cornetto " I do not agree that the weather almost gave us a chance as our game plan was working before it came down. In fact the change in the weather could have been our downfall as it probably was the main factor in Sinfield choosing to go for 2 points instead of 6 just before half time. This decision possibly gave Warrington a mental advantage.'"

According to Dave Woods commentary on 26 minutes he quoted a comment from Ian Millward the previous evening that he felt wet weather would suit Leeds. At half-time Brian Noble said the weather would effect Warrington's game the most and it may help Leeds. At half time the error count was 8 by Warrington and 2 by Leeds. Leeds have won the majority of their Grand Finals on wet night's at Old Trafford, where the scampering sure-footed runs by Rob Burrow have proved highly effective. Leeds are a proven wet-weather team but no you must be right that the wet-weather actually hampered Leeds' one man safety first approach while aiding Warrington's spin it wide off-loading game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: tvoc " Outside backs on the bench are a waste of a precious place. If they're good enough they should start, if they're not then what are they doing there.'"

In your opinion. Not in mine. You pick a side to try an win each game match by match and this should include flexibility not wooden fixed attitudes.

Quote: tvoc "The only player the novice Keinhorst was ever going to come on to replace was Ablett at left centre. Ablett is a far better left centre at this point than Keinhorst, so Keinhorst's introduction weakened the threat there not increased it. If a second row was required (as that is where Ablett was moved to), a better solution would have been to pick a second row on the bench instead of an outside back. A fresher legged genuine second row would offer more security than a drained Ablett for the final twenty. Especially as up to Jones-Buchanan's injury on 32 mins Ablett had been defending 4th or 5th man in, switching with Jones-Buchanan so already having to defend at left second-row because of Leeds' starting hooker needing to defend at left centre.'"

Have you never considered that there may have been some doubts to the fitness of another back? But I guess the game plan was based on our need to score tries against Warrington to have any chance and although Ablett has done a good job as a replacement centre his lack of speed is a handicap at centre and Wembley could have exposed this even more. Nantwich correctly suggested this plan before the match and I agreed with the logic at the time. If as I suggest the plan was to bring Keinhorst on before half time (the same way we did with Burrow last season when we needed to concentrate on defence early on, and to give the young lad time to settle nerves) you can hardly claim Ablett would be drained when asked to move into the back row

Quote: tvoc "Is there another team in the world of professional RL that defends it's starting hooker at left centre? Doubtful - I can't imagine why it hasn't caught on. '"
Had you not spotted that we use Burrow in a way that best uses his talents whether he starts or comes on at 9? This means he is not worn out with heavy centre field defence and opposition cannot target to run at him to slow him down as they once did. It gives him a free ranging role that has been so successful for both him and the side. Playing a defender at 13 is meant to cover the tackles usually done by a traditional 9.

Quote: tvoc "Either would have offered more than Keinhorst in the seventeen, of the two selecting Clarkson would have been the correct choice for me.'"

I disagree. Clarkson offers nothing with ball in hand and Ablett moving into the pack offers as good defence and better go forward. There was a case to play Moore but only instead of one of the other props. In hindsight Clarkson would have been better than Bailey but that is just hindsight.

Quote: tvoc "Was Webb available for selection? Where would your chosen option to select Webb have left Keinhorst or would you have played both Webb and Keinhorst and if so who would then have missed out? '"

Webb had ruled himself out of selection with his bad discipline the other week as you well know. If you care to read my post pre match you will see that I agreed with the Nantwich logic of picking Keinhorst but stated it was risky, I also said I would take the risk and pick Webb (over Keinhorst on the bench)

Quote: tvoc "When prior to kick off did Jonathan Davies say that? Was it during the build up with Clare Balding, Brian Noble and Ian Millward? If not during the build up on the live BBC TV coverage, then where?'"

Yes in the pre KO build up.

Quote: tvoc "It's a case being built around a statement I'd like to see verified first.'"
The case was first muted by Nantwich and agreed by me the day before (I think it was) The BBC comments confirmed that was the Leeds dressing room plan.

Quote: tvoc "If Keinhorst was intended to be introduced after weathering the early stom why wasn't he introduced after weathering the early storm. The storm was forecast, did someone forget to tell McDermott. The weather can play a huge part in games and a tuned in coach will be across it like an F1 team sat on the paddock wall especially if it's likely to effect his planned substitutions.'"

The huge downpour delayed his introduction as not the best time to go for the expansive game. His delayed appearance was not critical. However what was absolutely crucial was the spate of bad discipline in the 2nd half that handed momentum and field position to Warrington. So our backs spent their time retreating with no supply of good ball and we had no chance to see what Keinhorst could do.

Quote: tvoc "According to Dave Woods commentary on 26 minutes he quoted a comment from Ian Millward the previous evening that he felt wet weather would suit Leeds. At half-time Brian Noble said the weather would effect Warrington's game the most and it may help Leeds. At half time the error count was 8 by Warrington and 2 by Leeds. Leeds have won the majority of their Grand Finals on wet night's at Old Trafford, where the scampering sure-footed runs by Rob Burrow have proved highly effective. Leeds are a proven wet-weather team but no you must be right that the wet-weather actually hampered Leeds' one man safety first approach while aiding Warrington's spin it wide off-loading game. '"

Well they were wrong weren't they? It didn't suit Leeds! And as I have previously said the bad weather caused Sinfield to go for the 2 instead of 6 just before half time which IMO sent the wrong message to Warrington

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: tvoc "Is there another team in the world of professional RL that defends it's starting hooker at left centre? Doubtful - I can't imagine why it hasn't caught on.
'"

I can give you 35, 38, 24, 24 and 38 reasons why it hasn't caught on.

Leeds defensive tactics and structures under McDermott remain a mess and the players continue to look confused.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "

Yes in the pre KO build up.

The case was first muted by Nantwich and agreed by me the day before (I think it was) The BBC comments confirmed that was the Leeds dressing room plan.
'"

I thought you usually regarded much of Nantwich's output as risible nonsense? No offence Nantwich.

I recorded the game on the BBC HD Channel (Sky 143 I think it is - I presume the content is the same as the ordinary BBC output) Jonathan Davies said almost nothing during the build up. He said 'Yes' when it was stated he played at Wembley with Widnes and moments later said words to the effect that the possibility of playing in a Challenge Cup Final at Wembley had inspired him to change codes. That litererally was it - not a word concerning the game to come let alone the surprise to many inclusion of somebody with close to zero 1st grade experience. The build up was around 35 minutes in duration and his next comment was literally on the first tackle after the game had kicked off.

I therefore don't believe (unless you can prove otherwise) that Jonathan Davies said any such thing to ratify your claim that the intention had been to introduce Keinhorst any earlir than McDermott did.

There was no need for a coach's well made game plan to be blown off course by the weather as the weather was as predicted. To believe your scenario either McDermott didn't know the forecast (I don't believe that's possible in this day and age) or he never intended to introduce Keinhorst until he actually did so on 56 minutes in which case underutilising the potential of the bench.

As you like to rely on BBC 'expert' remarks for support here is an actual one from Brian Noble pre-match

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1136_1263489772.jpg
Freedom without Socialism is privilege and injustice. Socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1136.jpg

Quote: tad rhino " ... we struggled to get out of our 40 in defence while warrington made easy yards...'"

This.

Quote: tad rhino "... Leeds defensive tactics and structures under McDermott remain a mess ...'"

... and this.

The defence has been lacking most of this season and last.
That is down to to the coaching staff.
Also .. if an ex-prop can't figure out what's wrong in the forwards (and, while we're at it, an ex-hooker can't figure out we need a specialist hooker or should be playing our one borrowed specialist hooker at 9), then we might as well forget it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: El Barbudo "and, while we're at it, an ex-hooker can't figure out we need a specialist hooker or should be playing our one borrowed specialist hooker at 9), then we might as well forget it.'"

This one has frustrated me all season.wether Mac playing Burrow from the bench and bringing him into the game when forwards tired during the playoffs last season was by chance, or a tactical stroke of genius i dont know but it worked a treat.He was devestating at times and i thought it would be the way we would use robbie from then onwards, but he has more often than not been used as starting hooker and IMO it makes him less effective and Leeds as a team.

Lunt has been steady, and i have nothing against him but does he offer anything more than McShane who has done a good job since getting a run of games at Widnes?

I hope Mac recalls him and shows some faith next season by starting him at hooker and reverts to Burrow as impact off the bench which is clearly IMO the best way of using him.

Edited : i typed Burrows! icon_surprised.gifops: eusa_shhh.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: El Barbudo "
Quote: El Barbudo " ... we struggled to get out of our 40 in defence while warrington made easy yards...'"

This.

Quote: El Barbudo "... Leeds defensive tactics and structures under McDermott remain a mess ...'"

... and this.

The defence has been lacking most of this season and last.
That is down to to the coaching staff.
Also .. if an ex-prop can't figure out what's wrong in the forwards (and, while we're at it, an ex-hooker can't figure out we need a specialist hooker or should be playing our one borrowed specialist hooker at 9), then we might as well forget it.'"

Our defense was pretty poor under Bluey in 2010 too, but I'd have expected a new coach to sorted it by now

144 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
144 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.19775390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
Recent
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
Recent
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
Recent
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
3m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
5m
Call for funds
Tony Fax
5m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
6m
Squad 2024
faxcar
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
7m
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
7m
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
8m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
11m
Leyther in n
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Leyther in n
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,631 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22