JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

That is right guys, because our victories against Wakey (who finished 5th) and won the academy were so emphatic, I am sure Widnes and Barrow would do much better!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1306.jpg
Thats why we're champions, thats why we're champions!!!!! Back to back to back!!!! Rhinos - each and every one of you are a legend in your own right..........get in!!!!!!! You can follow me on Twitter....if you want! The only female member of the OBN.:1306.jpg

Boring matches. End of.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: EmmaMur01 "Boring matches. End of.'"

Based on last years league positions they could be tight, but at the end of the day the league table the week before will determine how predictable or boring these games may be. I don't think you can say that until then TBH.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1306.jpg
Thats why we're champions, thats why we're champions!!!!! Back to back to back!!!! Rhinos - each and every one of you are a legend in your own right..........get in!!!!!!! You can follow me on Twitter....if you want! The only female member of the OBN.:1306.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "Based on last years league positions they could be tight, but at the end of the day the league table the week before will determine how predictable or boring these games may be. I don't think you can say that until then TBH.'"

Agreed, but can you see any match there that would persuade a fan to part with hard earned cash in a recession, to go to Murrayfield if they had not already planned to?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: EmmaMur01 "Agreed, but can you see any match there that would persuade a fan to part with hard earned cash in a recession, to go to Murrayfield if they had not already planned to?'"

That is true and that is where this whole venture breaks down. I think you either go for local Derby's OR use a agreed play-off type formula based on last years table, so that 1 was playing 4, 2 playing 3 etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

They should make it a 9’s tournament and the mascot has to play hooker – that should make it more interesting.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1306.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "That is true and that is where this whole venture breaks down. I think you either go for local Derby's OR use a agreed play-off type formula based on last years table, so that 1 was playing 4, 2 playing 3 etc.'"

I agree. IMO the draw has not worked. I would rather see another local derby than have one of the 'highlights' of the season contain poor matches.
I like the idea of a play off formula based on last years table. This would also reward teams that had made great progress in the close season and had moved from near the bottom the previous season to top six in the current season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: EmmaMur01 "Agreed, but can you see any match there that would persuade a fan to part with hard earned cash in a recession, to go to Murrayfield if they had not already planned to?'"

Until we have a league where truly EVERY game is unpredictable then these fixtures selected can happen as they do any weekend.Saints/LEEDS or wigan/LEEDS may suit us more but that still leaves the fans of lower in the table clubs a worthwhile fixture to conjure up.
We have whats here and go(AS MOST DIDNT) or go as some enthusiasts did.RECESSION isnt the whole picture,general apathy towards the events has dominated for 3 ocassions is the bigger issue i think.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2570
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2853.gif
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]:2853.gif

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "Hull FC (12) v Harlequins RL (11)

Bradford Bulls (9) v Crusaders RL (14)

Warrington Wolves (10) v Salford City Reds (13)

Leeds Rhinos (1) v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (5)

Wigan Warriors (3) v Huddersfield Giants (6)

St Helens (2) v Hull KR (4)

Castleford Tigers (7) v Catalans Dragons (8 )

Errr, what is wrong with those. From the point of view of the table, it looks a good draw to me!!!

However, I am not sure what is the problem with running the same structure as the play-offs based on last years table for the Magic Weekend.'"

Would you like to rectify the standings of the Wigan v Huddersfield game please.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: Giantscorpio "Would you like to rectify the standings of the Wigan v Huddersfield game please.'"

Of course, simple typo... they are the other way round! That better?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4482No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A dog is for Christmas!:

Wow. This set of fixtures will really draw in the crowds. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg
[size=100:vu4p4lio] [b:vu4p4lio]Check out [url:vu4p4lio]http://www.fourpointtry.com[/url:vu4p4lio][/b:vu4p4lio] [/size:vu4p4lio]:1114.jpg

Great, so we've had the draw now .... Are we going to have to wait months for the RFL publicity machine to chug in to action and actually tell us :

1) What day the actual game is going to be on ?

2) What time it is going to start ?

Or, are they going to do like last year and let people take their chance making arrangements (some us either can't or don't want to go up there and stay all weekend and certainly from Yorkshire, it is perfectly possible to go out and back in a day) by announcing the precise details a couple of weeks before it all happens.

Then they have the bare-faced cheek to call the fans for 'not making a commitment' to the event.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Scrap it - a complete waste of time where Leeds v Wakey at Headingley will draw a bigger crowd than one of the days at Edinburgh.

If you want to have an extraganza have it somewhere local - all this rubbish about spreading the gospel is just that rubbish. Looking at the attendances of the Scotland internationals the message has not be received

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: AdmiralHanson "Great, so we've had the draw now .... Are we going to have to wait months for the RFL publicity machine to chug in to action and actually tell us

Agreed. Its great for people wanting a weekend or longer in scotland, and using the rugby as an excuse to go (we did it this year, and was fun), but I wouldn't do it every year. Plenty of people will go for the day to see their teams, at least let them know when they are on

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

I have been thinking about this and if we are serious about growing RL's popularity and showing people how great our game is we should take it to them!

Ok, I do think the following plan will need a series specific sponsor to make it work and that could be hard in current times but if we are planning for 2011 maybe it is doable.

Every team has to play an additional on the road fixture instead of the fixture they play on the Magic weekend. It is based on last years table, so 1 play 2, 3 play 4 etc. The 7 fixtures are played in the first half of the season and of course there is only one on any one weekend and that would also work out at one every other weekend in total.

These games are taken to places like Bristol, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham etc. Ok, the money bit, these games are totally free to season ticket holder of that club. So if Leeds play Saints in Bristol, it is free for all current Leeds and Saints Tickets holders. Also, the sponsor package would include for cost of local radio advertising packages to promote each match and the admission price of just £10 per ticket and free for all Children under 16 (if accompanied by and adult).

If we get the sponsor(s) it should be designed to break even in terms of overall cost. It does not cost the clubs anything really, other than travel and accommodation for the team. The sponsorship covers the cost of hiring a local ground, stewards etc, as well as a standard local radio campaign. Any money then taken for the £10 tickets is money to cover other costs and put back into the RFL for promotion of the game.

I do think it will need a sponsor(s), but if we are going to have an extra fixture, lets make use of it!

Thoughts?

39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.4560546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
4m