Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: rhinowinorlose "another example is Henry Paul, who was never replaced, again a player with great experience who could lead a team. '"

While I understand it's not a given for McDermott to neccessarily use all seventeen players on matchday I've yet to notice any time his team has started the game with twelve.

Like the Fa'afilli case it's another short-term setback rather than the game-changer you would like to imply. It's the type of thing all clubs have to deal with from time to time, it's not unique to London/Harlequins or London/Harlequins during McDermott's tenure. It could only become an issue if you don't follow the 'no excuses' mantra.

Let's be clear, when Henry Paul left the Harlequins he was 34 years of age and never re-surfaced in SL after opting for an easier life in Union. He had played three seasons at the Stoop, two of those under McDermott. Harlequins league position was already faltering while he was still there. IIRC Luke Dorn was brought back to the club from Castleford to partner Danny Orr in the halves with Rob Purdham moving from second row to loose to cover Paul's half-back/loose forward role at the Quins - so I'm not sure the 'never replaced' comment of yours holds much water under scrutiny either.

Quote: rhinowinorlose " (unless you would suggest that this was all just luck?) '"

Who is suggesting any club, let alone one I support, could ride such a wave of good fortune.

There was an element of luck in avoiding one of the teams Leeds had failed to beat in 2011 on the way to being crowned Champions. Nothing Leeds could do about that and they had to beat the league leaders on their own patch so they had fulfilled their part of the bargain but the current play-off format is flawed IMO when a top two team loses home advantage for the eventual QSF to a team who finished below them at the end of the 27 Regular Rounds after being given a week's rest. That is a big penalty to suffer while playing a highly competitive team while others get an easier ride against some comparitive dross.

Equally there had been an element of luck in reaching the Challenge Cup Final without having to play any of the teams sitting above Leeds' unusually lowly position on the league ladder - a run of good fortune that has continued in 2012 - only it has proved impossible to avoid a 'decent' side at the semi-final stage this time. I don't begrudge Leeds or McDermott that run but acknowledge it was fortunate ...... which it was. I try not to confuse being lucky with draws and hard won coaching ability.

Quote: rhinowinorlose " (And I think it's a rather too early to be using the word "doomsday"icon_wink.gif. '"

The use of 'doomsday' was not intended to pertain to Leeds' immediate or even long-term future. The point was that extending player contracts virtually 'ad infinitum' (for those such as Ablett who are already secured over the medium term anyway) will achieve very little to alter the direction of travel in 2013. If the trend is currently downward then it will likely require more than the retention of the contracted group to turn that situation around. Either pressure from within through the Academy ranks or an injection from outside. The present coach appears a little reluctant to try the former at present and his CEO shows little desire to try the latter.

Around this point last season someone who has just recently joined the thread stated that Leeds had 'the weakest set of forwards of any of the top sides.' If he was right then, was he still right after the Grand Final? If he was right twelve months ago what has changed since then?

Quote: rhinowinorlose " For me, the season is all about the Grand Final, and I think if you ask any player (perhaps particularly a Warrington player) whether or not they want to finish top or win the Grand Final, they'll all say they want to win the Grand Final. If you ask them how long the season runs, they'll say until October, not until September. '"

So? Does that mean the rest of the season doesn't matter. Rather than ask the player's when their season ends wouldn't it also be a good idea to ask them when their season starts? It might help those naive supporters to understand the nature of what is served up to them on a regular basis before they (the so called professional players) are prepared to click into gear for our entertainment.

I'm an advocate of the Play-Offs deciding the ultimate Champions but there is an inherent danger that if you get the format wrong you can undermine the credibility or point of much of the Regular Rounds.

The best format we've had, IMO, was the original top 5, in use between 1998 and 2001. Only the genuine contenders those seasons earned a chance, every higher play-off place had a reward over the one below and your next game (perhaps bar the QPO that afforded a second chance to the loser) was your most crucial of the season, flowing to the ultimate Grand Final decider.

No rewarding mediocrity throughout the regular rounds and a reasonable guarantee those clubs who'd earnt the right to contest the final would ultimately do so.

Quote: rhinowinorlose " All those elements you discuss, "rub of the green", "bounce of the ball", "a contentious referee", a team bowing to pressure by being overwhelming favourites happen week in, week out, and thus effect your League standing. We did not play well for the majority of the season last year, I make no mistake about that, but we reached the Grand Final and won because we were the better team against everyone we played. If we'd played like that all the way through the season, we would have finished a lot higher; we proved that the potential was always there.'"

It's arguable that the outcome of the Grand Final turned on an injury to a St Helens player. While he was on the field 16 - 8 to St Helens including a try, after he left the field 24 - 0 to Leeds with 18 of those points coming down his defensive channel. Only the last second Hardaker intercept bucked that trend. That McDermott is one fortunate coach.

Quote: rhinowinorlose " I suppose my answer here is that we could have beaten them, in a 1st grade final, for the first time under Brian McDermott. '"

Could/would/should have but crucially for the record keepers didn't despite what was a pleasantly surprising competitive performance on the day, especially considering the relative humiliation the week before at the Stoop against a team without a win in their last seven rounds and only one win in their previous fourteen. Another example of this set of 'Champion players' only playing when they feel like it perhaps?

Quote: rhinowinorlose " You specifically mentioned that we'd only beaten Wigan twice in ten games since Michael Maguire arrived at Wigan, and so I was pointing out that 1 of the last 2.5 years was under Brian McClennan, and like I say, this suggests something in the players mentality. While I appreciate one draw from five games is not what we might have hoped for, you're comparing a man who's had the job 18 months to Tony Smith who had 4 years and Brian McClennan who had 3 years, and these stats don't take into account injuries to either our team or Wigan's, which of course effect the game. Incidentally, under Graham Murray we lost the 1998 Grand Final, which I would gladly have swapped for the in-season wins.'"

I don't think you get the chance to do these swaps in real life do you? I'm pleased Leeds did the league double, especially after the Cassidy 'tackle' on Morley at Central Park and while disappointed at Old Trafford I felt Wigan were the better team over the whole season (Leeds were massive improvers under an absolute quality coach but not quite there) so deserved it. Perhaps that defeat led to the following season Challenge Cup triumph including taking out the then big three (Wigan, St Helens, Bradford) on the road to Wembley '99. Not much luck in that draw although it's always nice to be at home rather than having to travel.

You'll note the comparison didn't exclude any Leeds SL Era coach. The figures are accurate and reflect the percentage of points won and the average score does what it says on the tin. Yes there will be a variation in the number of opportunities each coach has had of recording wins (not forgetting losses also)but McDermott's Leeds have faced Wigan five times now so not sure how many more defeats are required to firm the record up and make it comparable to your satisfaction. With a record so far that reads

Could also be that the players are simply comfortable in their surroundings. Perhaps too comfortable with no pressure on performance at the core of the squad with only the fringe players places under any type of threat.

The performances have been generally pretty poor since McDermott took charge. All his fault - of course not - but he's the one that will ultimately have to carry the can just as Simmons did earlier this season at St Helens. It's how sport operates and as much as the CEO (for now) tries to apportion blame in the direction of the players he's only got limited room for manoeuvre in the prevailing market conditions.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2020Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1734.jpg
It's hard to sing with an 'oofer on yer back!:1734.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "

Absolutely!

Quote: nantwichexile "(Oh and by the way... it's [ibaton[/i)'"

Wish it was Ray Batten! icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Indeed... [iwhen[/i [idoes[/i it become one embarrassing performance too many for action to be taken?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: nantwichexile "Indeed... [iwhen[/i [idoes[/i it become one embarrassing performance too many for action to be taken?'"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3224
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17505_1301920246.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17505.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "Indeed... [iwhen[/i [idoes[/i it become one embarrassing performance too many for action to be taken?'"

is the answer 42?

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Tvoc - As you already know, I don’t follow the ‘no excuses’ mantra. What Harlequins lost with Paul and Fa’afili was all-round experience, not just a player of a certain position. Squads such as ours are lucky to have great depth and versatility so that if we do hit an injury, we have other senior players who can offer that experience, and young players who can fill in the position on the field. I would suggest that due to lack of financial investment again, this was not a luxury Harlequins had. I would hope that you understand that a players value is not just in how he performs, but in how he encourages others to behave and in what he can bring off the field. Why do you think Newcastle wanted Buderus back? He offers the FULL package.

For someone who apparently doesn’t suggest that any club could ride such a wave of good fortune alone, in this post alone you have talked about an element of luck in avoiding Wigan in the play-offs, and an element of luck in reaching the Challenge Cup final without playing anyone who was positioned above us in the table. You also say that it’s arguable that an injury (I assume you mean to Michael Shenton, who I will discuss below) turned the Grand Final. Perhaps you should consider whether or not you really believe that you don’t suggest that.

Interestingly, where you quote me (“unless you would suggest that this was all just luck”), I am talking about the Club’s desire for success, a point which you are now ignoring. You talk about Wigan’s “big penalty” of losing home advantage – well, for someone who has mentioned on multiple times now the “no excuses” mantra, I would say that’s an excuse (and have to ask you how that’s a bigger penalty than lack of financial investment, as an excuse). Playing at the Stobart earlier in the year didn’t seem to stop Wigan winning 32-10 either. In terms of luck in the Challenge Cup, I would say it’s unlucky to play ONLY Superleague teams on the run up to the Final.

Again, you have not accepted my point that the Club has shown it’s desire for success, or even mentioned this point. I have made my beliefs on Academy players well know in this thread, and have to ask you about your opinion regarding injections from outside – our CEO signed two players in the off-season (three if you include Briscoe), and we’ve taken Shaun Lunt mid-year. I’m not sure why I would expect GH to come out publicly now and tell me he’s thinking of signing someone in the off-season. Where you quote someone else as saying we had the weakest set of forwards in the League this time last year, do you or did you agree? If you do, a comment like that needs some justification please. In terms of change, we’ve added Richard Moore and Darrell Griffin to the mix – Moore (as you know I believe) has been immense, and Griffin I’m sure will get there after his belting tackle on Harrison last week.

Of course the entire season matters, but I think you understand the point I am making. I agree that a top 8 is too many, but in finishing 5th we only played one team who finished lower than us (quite rightly), and if our mediocrity was rewarded, it’s because we worked our backsides off to beat Huddersfield, Warrington and St Helens. I would say that Warrington and Wigan both had “reasonable guarantees” with the last system that they had earnt the right to contest the Final – Warrington even got to choose their final opponent!

Now to the injury of a St Helens player. I assume you are referring to Michael Shenton, a centre. I find this very interesting for someone who was previously so scathing of wingers/ centres as they aren’t part of the spine. I also find this interesting on the basis that he has been so valuable to St Helens, that they are off-loading him to Castleford part way through his contract. While an injury, of course, has an effect on the game, the measure of a good squad and particularly 17 (chosen by the “fortunate” McDermott) is in depth, which they obviously didn’t have enough of. How fortunate he was indeed to have picked a good 17 and train them to go for any weak spots!! Perhaps the loss of Shenton was more a fortunate excuse for St Helens.

It was disappointing to lose to London the week before the Final, but it’s not uncommon for players to play badly when they have one eye on a Final the following week.

You are wrong to say that the percentage of points won and average score does what it says on the tin. Frankly, you have manipulated these figures by portraying them in a way which suits you and not giving any background. Here, I give the League standings for ourselves and Wigan for people to see this for themselves:

1996 – Leeds 10th – Wigan 2nd
1997 – Leeds 5th – Wigan 4th
1998 – Leeds 2nd – Wigan 1st
1999 – Leeds 3rd – Wigan 4th
2000 – Leeds 4th – Wigan 1st
2001 – Leeds 5th – Wigan 2nd
2002 – Leeds 4th – Wigan 3rd
2003 – Leeds 2nd – Wigan 3rd
2004 – Leeds 1st – Wigan 4th
2005 – Leeds 2nd – Wigan 7th
2006 – Leeds 3rd – Wigan 7th
2007 – Leeds 2nd – Wigan 4th
2008 – Leeds 2nd – Wigan 4th
2009 – Leeds 1st – Wigan 6th
2010 – Leeds 4th – Wigan 1st
2011 – Leeds 5th – Wigan 2nd

We know how we’ve performed over this time, so we don’t need to spend too long looking at that. What Wigan’s finishes tell me though, is that in the years Wigan have finished 7th and 6th, we SHOULD have been beating them every time we played them. But when they’re finishing 1st and 2nd? They have built a formidable team in the last 2 and a half years, and with the exception of the game two weeks ago, we have been very competitive when we’ve played them, which is what we should be hoping for. I also have to ask how seriously weakened you thought Wigan were the other week – they fielded Tomkins, Charnley, Goulding, Carmont, Gelling, Finch, Leuluai, Dudson, McIlorum, Lima, Farrell, Hughes, O’Loughlin, and Lauaki, with three youngsters on the bench. That’s their starting spine, and an “awesome foursome”.

You say the performances have generally been pretty poor since McDermott took charge. I’m going to repeat myself yet again when I say that we’ve had all-round good performances against Cas away (April 11), Catalans at home (May 11), Hull KR at home (June 11), Cas at home (August 11), Wakey at home (September 11), Hull at home (play-offs, September 11), Huddersfield away (p-o, September 11), Warrington away (p-o, September 11), Grand Final, World Club Challenge (Feb 12), Warrington at home (Mar 12), Salford away (Mar 12), London at home (Apr 12), and Catalans at home (Apr 12), and we’re only just over half way through this season. You might look at some of these opponents and think they maybe weren’t the best but I’m looking solely at the way we played – with composure. The seasons where you get almost a whole year of solid performances come few and far between for anyone, we had one in 2004 and that’s what Wigan seem to be doing now. Warrington had one last year, but I would be willing to bet they’d swap it for ours.

Frankly, the day we start operating like St Helens is the day things really start to go wrong – sure they sacked Royce Simmons but if we win on Monday we will only be 2 points behind them in 4th. Do you really think that sacking Royce will automatically make that team successful?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rhinowinorlose "

It was disappointing to lose to London the week before the Final, but it’s not uncommon for players to play badly when they have one eye on a Final the following week.

?'"

Correct....but didn't you, sorry 'Brian', foolishly select a team with no props at the stoop ?? Or is that not the coach's fault either ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BillyRhino "is the answer 42?'"

Something to be discussed in more depth at the restaurant at the end of the universe. I was always more hopeful it being 69. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15455_1318246892.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15455.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "

Correct....but didn't you, sorry 'Brian', foolishly select a team with no props at the stoop ?? Or is that not the coach's fault either ?'"

*sigh* Have you heard the term flogging a dead horse...

That wasn't even funny on page 1.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LeedsDave "*sigh* Have you heard the term flogging a dead horse...'"

Enlighten me..... icon_lol.gif You don't need to read my select drivel you know, never mind respond. You're only giving me the attention I so desperately crave.

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Nantwichexile, I've double-checked the line-up for this game and I can see that we played with Leuluai and Kirke, though admittedly we didn't have any on the bench. From memory JP, Bailey and JJB (who can play at prop if need be) were injured. Not sure what you expect the coach to do about that, especially the week before a Final.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rhinowinorlose "Nantwichexile, I've double-checked the line-up for this game and I can see that we played with Leuluai and Kirke, though admittedly we didn't have any on the bench. From memory JP, Bailey and JJB (who can play at prop if need be) were injured. Not sure what you expect the coach to do about that, especially the week before a Final.'"

Kirke icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree with you, Kirke is not our best prop, but you can't slate Mac for playing him when we have injuries. Your comment re motivation is an interesting one - a coach can only do so much to motivate players (he certainly did a good job in the games after the Final), and again, I think the players struggled to get motivated for a game against London the week before the Final against Wigan.

I've outlined in my original post why I'm defensive of him, so I would refer you to that for a reason, and whether or not I actually believe he is a good coach (yes). And yes, I definitely think other Clubs would be wanting his signature, he's been well praised by many for what he did last year, so I have to ask why some of the fans don't rate him at all when people within rugby league, inside and outside our club, have praised him. When I've gone to all the effort I have in this thread to explain my views, perhaps you could explain yours a bit better.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: rhinowinorlose "I agree with you, Kirke is not our best prop'"

Is that because he's a back-rower?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: nantwichexile "baton[/i)'"

Your assessment is all too simplistic. These days in SL it is becoming all too easy for a side to run away with it in the first 20 or 30 minutes. A few errors, a few bad calls from officials lead to handing over crucial possession and therefore the all important momentum to a side in form.

Scores do not always truly reflect the full 80 minutes and with the odd exception Leeds have not been “thrashed” on a regular basis.

The “poor technique” and “bad discipline” have been evident for long before BMcD was appointed and these same players with all their faults have a very impressive and remarkable record which includes another GF victory last year and this season a WCC victory under this coach.

Anyone who has coached will realise the difficulty of trying to change deep routed habits and personality disorders in established players let alone international stars.

You also state that a “lack of (visible) coaching” is to blame for these many “thrashings” Quite what you mean by this I do not know. And would you like to provide evidence you have to substantiate your accusations?

I do not seek to paper over any cracks but neither do I put the blame on our coach for poor form from senior players. The disgraceful abuse of a man who has proven his abilities and is doing his best is really the pits

Sorry my spelling of batten upset you but I guess I must have thought a piece of timber is appropriate when trying to understand ‘woodentops’ icon_wink.gif

164 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
164 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.2548828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Awards
Shifty Cat
Recent
NRL
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
Recent
Transfer Talk V5
cheekydiddle
Recent
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
Recent
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
rubber ducki
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Realistic targets for 2025
DSJ1983
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
1m
Awards
Shifty Cat
2m
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m
TV Games - Not Hull
hatty
3m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Bent&Bon
6m
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
8m
Transfer Talk V5
cheekydiddle
8m
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Has anyone got any idea what is going on
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Awards
Shifty Cat
TODAY
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
MorePlaymake
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Transfer Talk V5
cheekydiddle
TODAY
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
christopher
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
MattyB
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Butcher
TODAY
Decision on the field
Trainman
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ratticusfinc
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,774 80,13414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 13th Oct
CH
Swinton-Hunslet
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22