JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "Money isn't guaranteed to buy you a top quality programme which produces consistent medal winners across a range of disciplines, unless you spend it properly. Under the current UK Sport funding formula though, it does perpetuate success and failure.

How much does the LTA make from Wimbledon every year, yet we still have to import Konta to get a decent female player?'"

You make a good point about tennis. There are differences I think between tennis and cycling - just to take those sports in isolation. Tennis, especially female tennis, is a very early developing sport. The quality of coaching and access to that is limiting. The cost of coaching is very high and like a lot of sports quality is patchy. One of my friends daughter is U14 county champion. He plays to a decent standard himself but he pulls a painful face when he talks about coaching costs. And she's been playing since she was 4 years old and they live 5 minutes from the club that produced Tim Henman. That's not needed for cycling, or rowing for that matter. After London there was a campaign to basically recruit tall sporty people into rowing. You can identify talent later and quality of youth coaching is not so critical. I think with cycling they got the right people where they needed them - at the top end. That team then did pretty much everything right.
Sports like tennis and swimming need high quality coaches getting hold of kids at a very young age and that's a bigger net to cast. I'm sure the LTA do spend a lot of money but you could easily waste a small fortune if you don't put the money in the right place, and my guess is they could do much better.

We used to be a bit of a laughing stock when it came to how we equipped our sportsmen and women to succeed, but now having the best gear for track cycling and conditioning makes a huge difference and the coaches have delivered some phenomenal athletes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: son of headingley "So that's a couple of Aussies moaning about their countries' broadcasting of one event & an assumption that one of the poorest countries in the world might not have as strong a national broadcaster. Great debating skills there my friend!
As for the BBC selling programmes I have already said that the BBC has strengths. Sport is not one of them. Your original assertion remember was that the "BBC drives up standards across the board". That you cannot see that that is a preposterous statement only demeans your argument.
'"
Sport is one of those broadcasts sold abroad. If you are in Canada, or Australia, or America, or anywhere else in the world. Some of the sports, this olympics right now, come from the BBC.
Quote: son of headingley "
So I take it that you have no answer to the examples of sports broadcasting standards that have been increased by Sky after the BBC failed to do so, despite many years of a virtually free field?'"
Plenty of examples, First sports match broadcast in the country, first HD sports broadcast, first Outside Broadcast, first floodlit broadcast, first football match in the entire world broadcast, the first ever worldwide satellite broadcast, first colour tv station,
But what have the romans done for us lately?

Quote: son of headingley "Why are you comparing the BBC to ITV? ITV are just as crap (possibly worse so) when it comes to sports coverage. Other organisations, on the other hand, have moved certain outputs on beyond where the BBC could take it.'"

we can compare the BBC to skys viewing figures on sport if you want? I dont think its going to work in your favour though...
Quote: son of headingley "Nope, but I can see how you would like to think so. The good old Auntie Beeb were aware of a serial kiddy/incapacitated/corpse fiddler in their employ & chose, as an institution, to regale him. Only when the weight of evidence was so great did they decide to "have an investigation" (whitewash). Alan Yentob, along with numerous executives throughout the decades, was given a very healthy pay off, using our money to do so. This despite him trying to influence public opinion on his fat, useless, dangerous friend by using his position to try & persuade lower level staff along a certain editorial path.'"

Quote: son of headingley "Despite me explaining that it was said tongue-in-cheek?
Even if you didn't accept this, to be a lie I would have to have known that the BBC was not a state broadcaster, and thought that you did not know that it wasn't. Any other scenario & it isn't a lie. So either it was a lie & I think you're thick, or it wasn't a lie & you definitely are thick for calling it a lie when it wasn't. My work here is done.'"
You dont need me to explain what a lie is, you just want to argue over semantics to distract from you being a bit of d1ck.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain335No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "You dont need me to explain what a lie is, you just want to argue over semantics to distract from you being a bit of d1ck.'"

Translation: Oops I got that wrong, so let me see... oh yes, if I resort to an insult perhaps that will muddy the waters & no one will notice!

Your debating skills require a little work icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Australia are 7th on the medal table

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: son of headingley "Translation: Oops I got that wrong, so let me see... oh yes, if I resort to an insult '[erhaps that will muddy the waters & no one will notice!

Your debating skills require a little work Ahh, the old 'i know you are so what am i' icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: FlexWheeler "Australia are 7th on the medal table

'"

Very impressive from GB to be one medal ahead of where they were at the same stage in 2012. No country has ever increased their medal total the following games after hosting. We got 65 in London, our best 'away' showing in Beijing was 47 so we've got a great chance of beating that with us already on 30 with more medals already guaranteed today and with the likes of the Brownlee brothers still to come and Justin Rose looking in a good position to get a medal too in the golf.

And as I mentioned previously it's good to see our medals spread out over sports. With our 30 medals yes we have our stronger sports with swimming (6) and rowing and cycling (5) but not to the extent of some of the other countries near the top of the medal table. The swimming features so many different races/medals that it can really alter the table.

USA have 60 medals, 33 of them are from swimming only. So from all other events they 'only' have 27 which puts them near us (we'd have 24 if you took away our swimming ones in comparison). Australia have 22 medals, 10 of them from swimming. Japan have 24 medals, 12 of them from judo. So these countries are relying on one sport to give them around half of their medals so far.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain335No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "Ahh, the old 'i know you are so what am i'
Eh? & once more in English?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Nice of team GB to win many of its medals in UK viewing time. Had some good evenings in front of the TV this last well

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Maybe the BBC is admired the world over....the Brazilian hen do that gate crashed the live BBC 4 coverage last night seemed to be impressed icon_smile.gif

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37077188

Could be in for a promising night. Max Whitlock already has one gold and has his better event still to come. Justin Rose leading the golf by 1 with a few holes left. Andy Murray to play and more track cycling.
Maybe the BBC is admired the world over....the Brazilian hen do that gate crashed the live BBC 4 coverage last night seemed to be impressed icon_smile.gif

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37077188

Could be in for a promising night. Max Whitlock already has one gold and has his better event still to come. Justin Rose leading the golf by 1 with a few holes left. Andy Murray to play and more track cycling.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain335No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Do you know, I do believe there are more BBC personnel in Rio than there are spectators at most events. It seems that local populations have a general disinterest of things Olympics, whereas Auntie Beeb assures us that it is still the greatest sporting spectacle possible. Have presenters commented on how poorly-attended the vast majority of events have been? Do they not think that this is a reflection of lack of interest in many "sports"/the Olympic concept?

Obsequious Inverdale ejaculating at every RU & rowing nuance, Blue Peter-inspired Skelton/"the black guy in the square" giving us "awesome" 11-year-old insights, Chapman desperate to appear interesting, the guy on the beach under the illusion that he's a comedy genius, Balding trying to appear worth £500,000/year of licence-payers' money, Irvine convinced that she's a knowledgeable sports presenter & not a morning-TV style airhead.

The GB participants in the rowing & equestrian events filled me with pride, evidencing GB's approach of including athletes from all geographical, cultural, educational & ethnic backgrounds in all sports.

Wherever would golf, tennis, RU, football, basketball be without the Olympics? It must be their lifeblood.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

With regards to the attendances I think that says more about Brazil and it's organising of the event and apparently pricing hasn't been cheap.

London was a success in terms of attendance and I imagine Toyko, Japan in 2020 will do very well also.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: son of headingley "Do you know, I do believe there are more BBC personnel in Rio than there are spectators at most events. It seems that local populations have a general disinterest of things Olympics, whereas Auntie Beeb assures us that it is still the greatest sporting spectacle possible. Have presenters commented on how poorly-attended the vast majority of events have been? Do they not think that this is a reflection of lack of interest in many "sports"/the Olympic concept?

Obsequious Inverdale ejaculating at every RU & rowing nuance, Blue Peter-inspired Skelton/"the black guy in the square" giving us "awesome" 11-year-old insights, Chapman desperate to appear interesting, the guy on the beach under the illusion that he's a comedy genius, Balding trying to appear worth £500,000/year of licence-payers' money, Irvine convinced that she's a knowledgeable sports presenter & not a morning-TV style airhead.

The GB participants in the rowing & equestrian events filled me with pride, evidencing GB's approach of including athletes from all geographical, cultural, educational & ethnic backgrounds in all sports.

Wherever would golf, tennis, RU, football, basketball be without the Olympics? It must be their lifeblood.'"
You certainly seem to have got your monies worth out of the BBC's coverage considering your obvious familiarity with it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain335No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "You certainly seem to have got your monies worth out of the BBC's coverage considering your obvious familiarity with it.'"

Purely for research purposes old boy!

Besides, I pay my £145.50 per year, just like you. I might as well try & salvage some value from that. However, as per my comments, I have failed miserably. Hey ho.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: son of headingley "Purely for research purposes old boy!

Besides, I pay my £145.50 per year, just like you. I might as well try & salvage some value from that. However, as per my comments, I have failed miserably. Hey ho.'"

As I'm off work for a couple of weeks the wall to wall sport is a bonus for me. It allows me to watch a wide range of sports I wouldn't usually watch. In teems of quality of entertainment, its certainly better than bargain hunt and homes under the hammer that would usually be on

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: The Eagle "As I'm off work for a couple of weeks the wall to wall sport is a bonus for me. It allows me to watch a wide range of sports I wouldn't usually watch. In teems of quality of entertainment, its certainly better than bargain hunt and homes under the hammer that would usually be on'"

Exactly how I see it. And I know some people have mentioned the late time of some events with having stay up until 2/3am but with the next one being Toyko I want to make sure I catch as much of this one as possible.

Looking like one of GB best ever days in Olympic history. Whitlock has already 2 golds with Smith a silver in gymnastics. Justin Rose held off Stenson in a great last day battle in the golf. Silver in the sailing, we're guaranteed a gold too but it can't be confirmed until Tuesday. Murray is guaranteed a medal in the tennis. Guaranteed medals in the cycling with Kenny and Skinner in the final so another gold and silver.

We're definitely going to have 4/5 golds today. 3/4 silvers. Into 2nd place on the medal table above China....that's some going, and to think we had a few near misses of 4th in the pool.

200 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
200 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.96044921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
12s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
14s
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
19s
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
21s
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
22s
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
24s
Season 2024
tomtom84
26s
Squad 2024
faxcar
40s
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
1m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,745 ↑17580,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 7 216 84 132 12
Warrington 7 214 98 116 10
St.Helens 7 138 58 80 10
Catalans 6 158 78 80 10
Hull KR 6 132 73 59 8
Huddersfield 7 176 126 50 8

Leeds 6 108 88 20 8
Salford 6 127 118 9 8
Leigh 6 110 114 -4 2
Hull FC 6 64 196 -132 2
Castleford 6 62 204 -142 0
LondonB 6 60 246 -186 0
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22