FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > Bradford Points Appeal ???
104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Star1625No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fieldheadrhino "All the clubs in Superleague who still have to visit the Odsal dump this season, should IMO encourage their own supporters to boycott Odsal in protest. That will hit them in the pocket and hopefully send into admin again and hopefully this time out of business.'"

Yeah, sod the staff and their jobs.

Quote: Fieldheadrhino "Some absolute tosh has been said on these boards regarding the situation at Odsal . None of you would like to be in the situation that the Bulls fans are in . You most certainly wouldn't want to be subjected to the gloating from fans of other teams in such bad times .
I am not a fan of the Bulls . It makes me smile when they get hammered every week . BUT I could never say I hate them as a club or their fans .
I have a lot of sympathy for the supporters . I even put in a lot of effort to help out when they were desperate to raise funds to keep them going , and I find it disgusting that people can be so cruel to fellow RL supporters .
Show some class and stop the gloating . I wish them luck wherever they end up playing next season (unless they are playing the Falcons )

Rant over'"
Cheers. Speaking as a Bulls fan I dare say we as a collective are completely sick and tired by whats gone on - obviously not as much as feeldeadrhino above, who could be, the precious lil treasure - and I see nowt but ChampionSuperLeagueship2 rugby ahead. But, and I may be in the minority, to me going to the rugby is still just a past time on a weekend, I at least like to think the people at the club are through the worst and can move on as a business in CSL2. As for the appeal, Christ knows what it's actually based on, I wish someone would officially tell us. But I think I'm in the camp that it's a last ditch appeasement and will be dropped later when the points are irrelevant, however it may at least give some truth to the debaclefarce. Still, any publicity is good publicity, right? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator9189
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27287_1532947987.png
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND. IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT. SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27287.png

Umm, no.

If the majority of your fan base is sick and tired of this legal merry-go-round why not, y'know, let the board know it's time to drop the act?

All the money, time and effort pished up the wall instead of sorting the glaring errors within the organisation on and off the field has been the Achilles heel for too long and has been a major contribution to some of the abject performances you have turned in this season.

Tbh, I always thought that you guys were too strong to go down this year with the squad you had and with a bit of luck and hard work you would pull through. But all this crap off the field is were the focus has been instead of on it and that's the real tragedy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Whilst I agree it is becoming tedious to hear about, to be fair IF you were in their position would you

A, exhaust every last avenue to try get the 6 points back as that is their only real shot at survival

Or

B, say no and drop it because you're worried you'll be annoying fans of other SL clubs if you carry on.

Think it'd be the former wouldn't it if people are honest.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "Whilst I agree it is becoming tedious to hear about, to be fair IF you were in their position would you

A, exhaust every last avenue to try get the 6 points back as that is their only real shot at survival

Or

B, say no and drop it because you're worried you'll be annoying fans of other SL clubs if you carry on.

Think it'd be the former wouldn't it if people are honest.'"

I can honestly say B. If it was start of season, or even Easter and only six points behind, I can't deny A would probably come to mind. But at this stage of season, the number of points behind, it smacks entirely of sour grapes and a revenge mission against the rulers of the game, rather than the good of Bradford Bulls. But they have no chance of staying up regardless.

I think Ex-Swarcliffe got it right when he implied that the bulls are in the position they are because of this focus on regaining points, rather than earning them on the field. The club even assured the players they would get the points back. How does that get the players focused on what they need to?

They are doing nothing but damaging the spirit of the game if they continue with this circus, and trying to delay things so we probably end up postponing the changes for next season to the year after.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Gotcha "I can honestly say B. If it was start of season, or even Easter and only six points behind, I can't deny A would probably come to mind. But at this stage of season, the number of points behind, it smacks entirely of sour grapes and a revenge mission against the rulers of the game, rather than the good of Bradford Bulls. But they have no chance of staying up regardless.

I think Ex-Swarcliffe got it right when he implied that the bulls are in the position they are because of this focus on regaining points, rather than earning them on the field. The club even assured the players they would get the points back. How does that get the players focused on what they need to?

They are doing nothing but damaging the spirit of the game if they continue with this circus, and trying to delay things so we probably end up postponing the changes for next season to the year after.'"

I agree with the point about telling the players they would get the points back, that was foolish and the exact opposite should've been done really to add more motivation to their efforts. I can only assume it was done to try keep players leaving like Scruton did.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Fieldheadrhino "All the clubs in Superleague who still have to visit the Odsal dump this season, should IMO encourage their own supporters to boycott Odsal in protest. That will hit them in the pocket and hopefully send into admin again and hopefully this time out of business.'"

And there it is! I have been waiting a long time to find the stupidest post ever on here!
You fecking knob!
Crawl back into your hole

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

Bradford can waste vital funds chasing another appeal, but even in the unlikely event of them being awarded back their points in full, it still may not be enough as all the other teams are pulling away from them and games and points are running out.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: thebloodbath "Bradford can waste vital funds chasing another appeal, but even in the unlikely event of them being awarded back their points in full, it still may not be enough as all the other teams are pulling away from them and games and points are running out.'"

The ideal scenario would be for Wakey and Salford to finish far enough ahead of them that a 6 point bonus wouldn't make a difference and looking at Bradford's next 6 games that could happen.

Wire (a)
Catalans (h)
Saints (a)
Hudds (a)
Wigan (h)
Leeds (a)

Only game of them I'd give them any hope in is the Catalans game if the French put in one of their iffy away showings.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9061
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

I'd be surprised if Bradford actually went to court with this. I suspect it's more a case of trying to convince players and fans that they're not prepared to leave any stone unturned.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

I can see why they are appealing again - the drop down to the Championship will mean financial disaster for the club and will probably tip them over the edge and out of existence.

They were hoping for better on field results to keep them in the SL but as that's hasn't happened their only course of action is this. The Bulls have no other option as far as I can see.

To see any heartland club go under is saddening but to see a club as big as Bradford going under is travesty.

RankPostsTeam
International Star662
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56536_1332273309.jpg
[color=#4000FF:3azhjk0y]RHINOS TILL I DIE[/color:3azhjk0y] [color=#0000FF:3azhjk0y]“Tough times come and go, tough people last forever" [/color:3azhjk0y]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56536.jpg

Quote: Stanley30 "And there it is! I have been waiting a long time to find the stupidest post ever on here!
You fecking knob!
Crawl back into your hole'"

I think you will find a lot of rugby league supporters have now completely run out of any sympathy with the Bulls, if they want to drag the sport through the courts, than therefore IMO supporters of other clubs should boycott Odsal in protest.

You may not agree with me and my thoughts, just like I may not agree with all your thoughts, but there is no need to be a typical keyboard warrior who resorts to abusive language, maybe Stanley you should crawl back into your hole.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1385No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Leeds is the greatest club in Rugby League" Alex Murphy 2011:

Quote: Fieldheadrhino "I think you will find a lot of rugby league supporters have now completely run out of any sympathy with the Bulls, if they want to drag the sport through the courts, than therefore IMO supporters of other clubs should boycott Odsal in protest.

You may not agree with me and my thoughts, just like I may not agree with all your thoughts, but there is no need to be a typical keyboard warrior who resorts to abusive language, maybe Stanley you should crawl back into your hole.'"

It would appear their own supporters boycotted the team years ago, that is partly why they're in the brown stuff now. I have no sympathy with the Bradford club, my sympathy lies with much better run clubs in the Championship that have been denied a shot at Superleague for many years while Bradford were put on life support by the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

gotta love the rugby league family icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

I can see the argument that "in their position you'd try everything" but in reality, unless they're pretty sure that they can win AND that it will make a difference to their season's outcome, I'd have to question who is paying the legal costs for this battle and whether that money might not be fairly urgently needed elsewhere.

I have no idea of their chances of winning their court action. I am pretty sure they will be relegated regardless. That being the case, I think if I were a supporter or worse still an employee, I'd want to be hearing a very convincing explanation of precisely why that particular wedge of cash was being laid out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "I can see the argument that "in their position you'd try everything" but in reality, unless they're pretty sure that they can win AND that it will make a difference to their season's outcome, I'd have to question who is paying the legal costs for this battle and whether that money might not be fairly urgently needed elsewhere.

I have no idea of their chances of winning their court action. I am pretty sure they will be relegated regardless. That being the case, I think if I were a supporter or worse still an employee, I'd want to be hearing a very convincing explanation of precisely why that particular wedge of cash was being laid out.'"

TBF we don't know who's picking up the legal bill - it could be a Bulls fan offering their services as a solicitor or maybe even a former Bulls CEO?

104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.15576171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
5m
Film game
karetaker
8m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
8m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
11m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
11m
TV games not Wire
matt_wire
12m
Tonights match v HKR
matt_wire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
21s
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
25s
Play-off semi-final
Prince Buste
29s
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
36s
TV Games - Not Hull
Rugby Raider
39s
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
55s
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
59s
Tonights match v HKR
matt_wire
1m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
1m
morleys_deck
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,694 ↑15280,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
York
27-10
Widnes
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
 FT 
Wigan
38-0
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan38-0Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH
LIVE
York27-10Widnes
SL
LIVE
Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22