JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

On another note, this has just been tweeted by @RadioAndrewE (of BBC Radio Leeds): A sombre Leeds council leader talks about 600 more jobs going. Keith Wakefield with @BBCNickM 1720 @BBCLeeds Drive 92.4FM

I don't know where these jobs are being lost and which company is having to let these poor people go, but how can Keith Wakefield and LCC continue to object to the creation of 2000 permanent long term jobs, just over the boarder in Wakefield, 2 miles from HIS own Council ward! Hypocritical madness!

They are spending £250 an hour (I would estimate) of LCC council tax payers money for a barrister to sit alongside two LCC planning officers for 12 days in Wakefield Town Hall objecting to Newmarket! So, assuming he claims his travel time that is 8 hours a day, so £2000 a day, so that is £24k of LCC council tax payers money. I reckon that when you add the cost of the planning officers, pre meetings and hours outside of this they won't get much change out of £100k!

Nice eh!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

The 600 jobs are to go from the Council's own workforce, possibly entailing compulsory redundancies.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Old Feller "The 600 jobs are to go from the Council's own workforce, possibly entailing compulsory redundancies.'"

That sadly may or may not be true - what is certain is it has absolutely nothing to do with the NM development. One would suppose that of the 2000 jobs supposedly available at NM it's fair to assume that a good proportion of them will go to Leeds residents on the other side of the M62. It's hard to believe there will be some kind of post code apartheid where jobs are concerned.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7197
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "Yes, one was stood right behind him when he said it.... me! It was a light hearted joke to 200 + fans and supporters of the scheme on a freezing cold winter morning on Wakefield Town Hall steps.

Genuinely, if you were offended in any way I will apologise on his behalf and I know TRB will also apologise if he sees this post.

They do appreciate the support from many Leeds residents and in actual fact I think when it comes to Leeds City Council, especially the planning department, we have a common enemy at the moment!'"

No not really offended. We are used to people hating Leeds especially our Yorkshire chums.I think the fact we were doing nothing until the business end of the season that people forgot how much they hated us icon_wink.gif No doubt that will come back next season especially as we are champions.
Good luck to Wakefield in their bid although I have a feeling they may end up ground sharing with Cas.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: chapylad "Good luck to Wakefield in their bid although I have a feeling they may end up ground sharing with Cas.'"

I think you might be right, but I don't think it will be at the ground Cas fans would prefer unfortunately!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

Quote: vastman "That sadly may or may not be true - what is certain is it has absolutely nothing to do with the NM development. One would suppose that of the 2000 jobs supposedly available at NM it's fair to assume that a good proportion of them will go to Leeds residents on the other side of the M62. It's hard to believe there will be some kind of post code apartheid where jobs are concerned.'"

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... _1_4039264
Looks to me like council jobs at risk.
I never said it had anything to do with the NM development.
Whatever the outcome, having two stadiums in the same met district seems crazy in these hard times.
But then I'm not hidebound by 100 years of history and local rivalry.
Quote: vastman "That sadly may or may not be true - what is certain is it has absolutely nothing to do with the NM development. One would suppose that of the 2000 jobs supposedly available at NM it's fair to assume that a good proportion of them will go to Leeds residents on the other side of the M62. It's hard to believe there will be some kind of post code apartheid where jobs are concerned.'"

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... _1_4039264
Whatever the outcome, having two stadiums in the same met district seems crazy in these hard times.
But then I'm not hidebound by 100 years of history and local rivalry.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: Old Feller "www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/regional-news/600_jobs_may_face_axe_at_council_1_4039264
But then I'm not hidebound by 100 years of history and local rivalry.'"

And that sentiment would be fine if both clubs could afford their own stadiums, but they can't. They're having to rely on others to finance parts of their plans. If the fans are so unwilling to share a ground with the other, then they can either try and fund it themselves, or sit and complain. If they do that then they'll end up with the club they deserve, ie one in the National Leagues

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: leicester_rhino "And that sentiment would be fine if both clubs could afford their own stadiums, but they can't. They're having to rely on others to finance parts of their plans. If the fans are so unwilling to share a ground with the other, then they can either try and fund it themselves, or sit and complain. If they do that then they'll end up with the club they deserve, ie one in the National Leagues'"

It's posters like you who make me despair for our game. It doesn't matter how many people such as IA put out loads of detailed information ignorant people like you manage to come to a conclusion all of there own. With no obvious reference to fact or real life.

Ground share is irrelevant as is the post code debate. Just Like Wigan, Warrington, Saints, Hull, etc etc both developments are part of private initiative. Nobody has demanded Leeds and Bradford share though their grounds are as close as BV and WR, to limit us because we share the same MDC and not you is frankly absurd. Why redevelop Odsal move em in with you and be done with it. People from Cas and Wakefield are every bit as different as those from Bradford and Leeds so don't patronise us by lumping us together to suit your argument.

Both schemes have limited Council involvement and are supported in principle NOT funded. This magical idea people like you and old fella have that if one stadium plan is withdrawn the other will immediately gain full support and move ahead is WRONG.

There is NO direct and I repeat no direct Council funding involved hence the benefit to the remaining stadium will be exactly double of £0! Are you getting this.

If the PA fails Yorkcourt will either redevelop NM but without a stadium or sell it onto someone who will. Ditto GH.

PLEASE TRY AND UNDERSTAND, the PI is nothing to do with how many Stadiums are built within WMDC - why would they or anyone else care so long as they are funded. The issue is a simple one regarding NM - is this area of green belt suitable to be turned over to development in general and can it answer the concerns of local residents.

Ground sharing is a red herring that people like you who simply have not bothered to understand the situation quote endlessly and without. Why should Cas or Wakey suspend their attempts to secure their long term future just to suit your myopic view of RL. Especially as the dropping of one as explained will in no way help the other.

Why not just for once be supportive and perhaps attempt to actually understand the issue before commenting on it. There is still even in the current environment of both clubs getting a stadium which can only be good. Equally there is a reasonable chance that both will fail. What is not the truth is that one is holding back the other and that both clubs are cutting there noses off to spite their faces, that is simply b*llocks.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1820No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ground sharing is the only viable and sensible solution.

One step closer to 'Calder' becoming a reality, and a serious challenger for a play off position in Super League

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3224
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17505_1301920246.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17505.jpg

Hold on there Pacman. You want our support? That's a bit of a brass neck you've got there fella. Where was your support of a Yorkshire team when we we reached Wembley and Old Trafford?

As I recall there were pages of drivel on both of your sites, whinging about it being Leeds and how you couldn't wait to see us get hammered. Sorry to on your campfire, but if both of our noisy neighbours ended up sharing a stadium, miles away down the M62, and preferably in the championship, I for one wouldn't be upset.

It would be Poetic justice for the pair of you. icon_cool.gif

Merry Christmas

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Well what a great way to gather support, abuse anyone who dares to disagree.
Leicester and Old Feller are right, its ridiculous to build 2 small stadiums so close together. Everyone except Cas & Wakey fans can see this.
The analogy with Leeds & Bradford is stupid and doesnt help the case whatsoever since Leeds can afford a stadium of their own.

But no instead of discussion just go straight for abuse. That'll bring people round. As Leicester says, if you're so desperate for a stadium each, pay for it yourselves without taxpayer assistance.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: vastman "It's posters like you who make me despair for our game. It doesn't matter how many people such as IA put out loads of detailed information ignorant people like you manage to come to a conclusion all of there own. With no obvious reference to fact or real life.

Ground share is irrelevant as is the post code debate. Just Like Wigan, Warrington, Saints, Hull, etc etc both developments are part of private initiative. Nobody has demanded Leeds and Bradford share though their grounds are as close as BV and WR, to limit us because we share the same MDC and not you is frankly absurd. Why redevelop Odsal move em in with you and be done with it. People from Cas and Wakefield are every bit as different as those from Bradford and Leeds so don't patronise us by lumping us together to suit your argument.

Both schemes have limited Council involvement and are supported in principle NOT funded. This magical idea people like you and old fella have that if one stadium plan is withdrawn the other will immediately gain full support and move ahead is WRONG.

There is NO direct and I repeat no direct Council funding involved hence the benefit to the remaining stadium will be exactly double of £0! Are you getting this.

If the PA fails Yorkcourt will either redevelop NM but without a stadium or sell it onto someone who will. Ditto GH.

PLEASE TRY AND UNDERSTAND, the PI is nothing to do with how many Stadiums are built within WMDC - why would they or anyone else care so long as they are funded. The issue is a simple one regarding NM - is this area of green belt suitable to be turned over to development in general and can it answer the concerns of local residents.

Ground sharing is a red herring that people like you who simply have not bothered to understand the situation quote endlessly and without. Why should Cas or Wakey suspend their attempts to secure their long term future just to suit your myopic view of RL. Especially as the dropping of one as explained will in no way help the other.

Why not just for once be supportive and perhaps attempt to actually understand the issue before commenting on it. There is still even in the current environment of both clubs getting a stadium which can only be good. Equally there is a reasonable chance that both will fail. What is not the truth is that one is holding back the other and that both clubs are cutting there noses off to spite their faces, that is simply b*llocks.'"

Nothing like a reasoned and well thought out response to build debate.

icon_lol.gif

Seeing as I'm so ill informed, enlighten me. What are the main reasons that both Castleford and Wakefield have failed to make any significant progress in getting new stadia over the last 4 years

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: leicester_rhino "Nothing like a reasoned and well thought out response to build debate.

The same reason neither has done anything of note in the professional era. What worked as two parishes playing semi-pro isnt big enough for 2 professional sides.

Everybody hopes Cas and Wakefield get their new stadiums and are playing in front of packed houses ASAP, but most peoples common sense understands that two clubs who cant afford to play in holes they have owned since methuselah was a lad arent likely to be viable for two brand new stadiums built a junction or two apart.

Vastpants, like some Wakefield fans, seem to have some strange delusion of entitlement regarding someone else building them a stadium for free, and everybody else in the world who isnt in favour of that, and the massive warehouses built on greenbelt land to pay for it is simply anti-wakefield or 'sticking their noses in'. The reaction to anybody who has the temerity to not be wholeheartedly supportive of the development has been hilarious to watch.

The reaction to dicky wright answering questions which had already been answered, and giving out information which had already been given out was a particular high point of inanity. Seriously what did they expect him to do? refuse to answer questions truthfully because the truth isnt convenient?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "massive warehouses built on greenbelt land'"

I love it how people are playing the greenbelt card. It's an old colliery site, it's probably no more green than the centre of London!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: King Street Cat "I love it how people are playing the greenbelt card. It's an old colliery site, it's probably no more green than the centre of London!'"

You really need to get out of Wakefield.

22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0673828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
5m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
5m