Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: tvoc "Smith arrived and in his first act dropped the hitherto undropable Francis Cummins ending his mammoth run of consecutive appearances in the process. I would say that decision was merited and long overdue but I think Smith would have done it regardless just for the signal it sent out - we're all here to work, places have to be earned, no player gets selected on sentiment.'"

Yeah it did help being given a quality NRL winger in Marcus Bai, he dropped Cummings for all of 2 games and he then featured in 21 of the remaining 26 league games (even being selected on the bench a couple of times).

Quote: tvoc "Even after a fantastic season of entertaining rugby who among us (at least those old enough to remember the previous 32 years) can honestly say their heart didn't sink at the very real prospect of another potless campaign. Not under this quality coach - the demons were slain two weeks later at Old Trafford and Leeds HAVEN'T NEEDED TO DOUBT THEMSELVES SINCE.'"

Until we lost both 2005 finals, got knocked out by mid table teams in both comps 2006 and dropped back to 3rd even behind Hull, got knocked out of the 2007 CC by a mid table team and only nicked 2nd from Bradford courtesy of the Tansey Magic Weekend Try which if disallowed would've seen him have to attempt to win from 3rd, a very different prospect then for the legacy cementing 2nd GF win.

He did improve results versus Bradford. However at the end of 2004 we finished the season 15pts clear of Saints yet over the next three years they picked up 6 titles to our 2. Even Hull who we were 10pts clear of in 2004 had overhauled us by 2006.

McDermott has gotten stick for getting knocked out of the CC at the 5th Round stage this year but at least he got knocked out by a team who finished 1st in the SL table. Likewise his 2 final defeats came against the team who finished 2nd that year in the table. Smith got knocked out by the teams who finished 5th (2004 & 2005), 6th (2007) and when Hudds beat us in 2006 they placed NINTH in the table and had no big game experience under their belt at that time. McClennen got bettered by the teams finishing 1st (200icon_cool.gif 2nd(2009) and 3rd (2010).

Likewise for McDermott (and McClennen) missing out on the GF, well at least he got beat by the team that went on to win it and at least reach the Qualifying Semi to be 80 mins away from Old Trafford.
The only time in the last 11 seasons we haven't been at least 80 mins away from Old Trafford is when Smith got us knocked out by 6th placed Wire in the first week of the playoffs (again a team lacking in recent big game experience).

Saints had been so good over the previous 2 years heading into the 2007 GF (even managing the rarity of winning Sports Personality Team of the Year in 2006) and became the team the beat and fear (the role many thought we had taken hold of after 2004, but let slip so easily) that they we plenty of people doubting whether we could catch them and beat them, many thought not.

Quote: tvoc "Of course there will always be an element of looking back through rose-tinted spectacles and I'd be the first to say that Smith didn't get everything right from my point of view but did I care that night at Old Trafford .... did I f***'"

Do people care them nights McDermott has won at Old Trafford, no. But it didn't stop some of his detractors telling us "it's papering over the cracks" all the time.

Personally I don't think referring back to the 32 year gap for the title strengthens Smith's achievement. He, like any coach, should be judged for what he did in his years. For what he did in 2004, not what others failed to do in 1994, 1984 or 1974. I can understand it meaning more to fans who endured it, but weighing his achievements as a coach heavier because of others previous failures doesn't sit with me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: ThePrinter "
Personally I don't think referring back to the 32 year gap for the title strengthens Smith's achievement. He, like any coach, should be judged for what he did in his years. For what he did in 2004, not what others failed to do in 1994, 1984 or 1974. I can understand it meaning more to fans who endured it, but weighing his achievements as a coach heavier because of others previous failures doesn't sit with me.'"

I would disagree that once a big club has fallen on hard times its a hard monkey to get of the back. Before it was constantly the year of the wolf, it was always the year of the rhino.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

I agree Eagle the 3 decades + of under-achievemant ,over-spending on "superstars" and nearly going under should never be under-estimated.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: The Eagle "I would disagree that once a big club has fallen on hard times its a hard monkey to get of the back. Before it was constantly the year of the wolf, it was always the year of the rhino.'"

Yes for the fans it may have always been year of the rhino again and again....but it wasn't for Tony Smith, fresh in, no baggage of failure, no several years of thinking "is this my year", likewise nearly all his squad. They'd had a near miss the year before but most teams need that before getting the big one (see Wire and Hudds now, and Wigan fell just short 3 years in a row before 2010).

At times during that 32 years sure there was hard times but I wouldn't say at that particular point we were on hard times. The squad was looking as exciting as it had done for a long time, the club had actually gotten one monkey off their backs with the 99 CC.

If failure of previous coaches added pressure to Smith's job, was it any greater than the pressure McClennen or McDermott felt with having to keep success up? Look at Moyes at Man Utd, even Dean Lance after Graham Murray shows success of one coach doesn't mean the next one will keep it going.

Quote: The Eagle "I agree Eagle the 3 decades + of under-achievement , over-spending on "superstars" and nearly going under should never be under-estimated.'"

Smith's success as a coach in 2004 (not what it meant as a fan, as that is a different thing and understandable) should be based solely on what he achieved in a little over 32 weeks of action that year, not what others did (or didn't do) in the previous 32 years.

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "About 18 months into smith's reign things went rapidly west and weren't recovered until weeks before smith was leaving.

Losing the CC final....AND the grand final, in the space of a couple of months after dominating the regular season, even managing to finish second in the regular season. Then 2006 began to reach a climax and who could forget those embarrassing defeats to hudds and warrington (who at that time were poor) in the CC and playoffs respectively. Then in 2007 leeds managed to exit the CC at the earliest opportunity against an average wigan team, drop silly points in a poor league with little competition and fnish second.

At this point leeds had just over 2 years of inconsistent, sometimes bizarre performances and playing poorly/ losing big games. Despite their being little competition at the top, and leeds best players in their prime of life it felt as if leeds were completly throwing away their golden era and their chance of success.

'"

Pretty much everything you posted here is contradictory or just plain wrong.

Define "rapidly west"? Do you mean finishing second in the league table (after leading for much of the year), being 60 seconds away from winning the CC and narrowly defeated in the GF by a salary cap cheating Bulls team which rocked out with a pack containing JP, Fielden in his prime and Adrian Morely amongst others. All after losing the most potent attacking player in the league for the business end.

How can we have been "inconsistent" yet finished 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in three of his 4 years in charge and reached 3 Grand Finals? You've fallen into the Whinos trap of only believing we were successful because everyone else was rubbish. Really, you actually believe that the Saints team that won everything in 2006 was not competition for any other season? And that the Bulls faded away to nothing after their domination up to 2003?

"Things only recovered weeks before Smith was leaving"? What nonsense. We topped the table in 2007 for a good proportion of the season and competed head to head with the 2006 all conquering Saints team for the entire year (beating them twice in the regular season) and only missed out on top spot by a single point to them. Then we finished the job with a thumping of both Saints and Wigan to lift the Championship.

It's a salary capped sport - no team has won everything every year since the days of Wigan and Mo's big wallet.

There's rose tinted specs and then there are brown tinted specs - and the brown stuff isn't chocolate sauce.

Coaches can only be criticised, because they can only fail. Unless you win every game you have failed as a coach. Win one Championship and failure is to not win every Championship. Smith won with Powell's team, Bluey won with Smith's team and McD won with Bluey's team. Do you have any idea how f****g stupid that sounds? How can you give credit to a coach for building a winning team but not give them credit for winning with it themselves?

Then we get the "nobody will clriticise Smith" brigade. Well, he did make mistakes - there is no human in history who hasn't - definitely no sporting coach that's for sure - so that's hardly a bombshell is it? Smith turned Leeds into a consistently competitive Rugby League team with a realistic chance of winning trophies - something we hadn't been for 30 years. It's something we have maintained for 6 seasons since his departure. And it isn't because everyone else suddenly turned c**p.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: DHM "Pretty much everything you posted here is contradictory or just plain wrong.

Define "rapidly west"? Do you mean finishing second in the league table (after leading for much of the year), being 60 seconds away from winning the CC and narrowly defeated in the GF by a salary cap cheating Bulls team which rocked out with a pack containing JP, Fielden in his prime and Adrian Morely amongst others. All after losing the most potent attacking player in the league for the business end.

How can we have been "inconsistent" yet finished 1st, 2nd, and 2nd in three of his 4 years in charge and reached 3 Grand Finals? You've fallen into the Whinos trap of only believing we were successful because everyone else was rubbish. Really, you actually believe that the Saints team that won everything in 2006 was not competition for any other season? And that the Bulls faded away to nothing after their domination up to 2003?

"Things only recovered weeks before Smith was leaving"? What nonsense. We topped the table in 2007 for a good proportion of the season and competed head to head with the 2006 all conquering Saints team for the entire year (beating them twice in the regular season) and only missed out on top spot by a single point to them. Then we finished the job with a thumping of both Saints and Wigan to lift the Championship.

It's a salary capped sport - no team has won everything every year since the days of Wigan and Mo's big wallet.

There's rose tinted specs and then there are brown tinted specs - and the brown stuff isn't chocolate sauce.

Coaches can only be criticised, because they can only fail. Unless you win every game you have failed as a coach. Win one Championship and failure is to not win every Championship. Smith won with Powell's team, Bluey won with Smith's team and McD won with Bluey's team. Do you have any idea how f****g stupid that sounds? How can you give credit to a coach for building a winning team but not give them credit for winning with it themselves?

Then we get the "nobody will clriticise Smith" brigade. Well, he did make mistakes - there is no human in history who hasn't - definitely no sporting coach that's for sure - so that's hardly a bombshell is it? Smith turned Leeds into a consistently competitive Rugby League team with a realistic chance of winning trophies - something we hadn't been for 30 years. It's something we have maintained for 6 seasons since his departure. And it isn't because everyone else suddenly turned c**p.'"

spot on.the real measure of all the coaches and players we have had during this great period for the club will probably not come to the fore for a few more years yet.we are still in the midst of our glory period, albeit probably the back end now so its still a bit early to measure the real greatness of particular people during the period.

a few barron years later and we will all look back and will appreciate things a little bit more how they should be I feel.one thing is certain I feel, tony smith will be right up there at the top when talking about figure heads of this great period for the club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "Yeah it did help being given a quality NRL winger in Marcus Bai, he dropped Cummings for all of 2 games and he then featured in 21 of the remaining 26 league games (even being selected on the bench a couple of times).'"

Who is Cumings?

If you're referring to Francis Cummins he wasn't dropped for two 1st grade games - it was for one. As I said, IMO it was Tony Smith's quite deliberate message to the players and the fans - no more room for sentimentality. It was a stroke of genius even if it flew over some heads.

Cummins was and I imagine still is a good fella but he'd been allowed to steal a living at Headingley for too long and was emblematic of some of the issues surrounding the club pre Smith.

_____

Quote: ThePrinter "Smith's success as a coach in 2004 (not what it meant as a fan, as that is a different thing and understandable) should be based solely on what he achieved in a little over 32 weeks of action that year, not what others did (or didn't do) in the previous 32 years.'"

So using your own terms what did Smith achieve with Leeds in 2004 after leaving aside their first Championship in 32 years ?

Leeds finished the Regular Rounds in 1st place - nine points clear of the rest (a SL record that still stands) having lost only twice (equaling another SL record) - they finished the Regular Rounds with the best attack and the best defence.

Ignore the 32 year wait all you want (perhaps easier to do when you haven't endured it personally) - there was more to the impact and improvement under Smith than just ending the wait.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: tvoc "Who is Cumings?

If you're referring to Francis Cummins he wasn't dropped for two 1st grade games - it was for one. As I said, IMO it was Tony Smith's quite deliberate message to the players and the fans - no more room for sentimentality. It was a stroke of genius even if it flew over some heads.

Cummins was and I imagine still is a good fella but he'd been allowed to steal a living at Headingley for too long and was emblematic of some of the issues surrounding the club pre Smith.

_____

So using your own terms what did Smith achieve with Leeds in 2004 after leaving aside their first Championship in 32 years ?

Leeds finished the Regular Rounds in 1st place - nine points clear of the rest (a SL record that still stands) having lost only twice (equaling another SL record) - they finished the Regular Rounds with the best attack and the best defence.

Ignore the 32 year wait all you want (perhaps easier to do when you haven't endured it personally) - there was more to the impact and improvement under Smith than just ending the wait.'"

You're right about what he and the team achieved in 2004, it was great and I'm not saying it wasn't. So their is no need to sweeten it even more with comparisons to the failures of the previous 32 years.....it doesn't need it.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

I would have Tony Smith back here in a heartbeat. Without a second's hesitation. He's a Great coach and his record speaks for itself.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7098.jpg
[quote="G1":1x8x7ghm]Nice one Andy. You articulated a differing opinion given reasons and substance. There's really no place for the likes of you on Substandard. :wink:[/quote:1x8x7ghm]:7098.jpg

Smith, Bluey and Mac have all done some excellent things. They also all done thing I didn't agree with.

Comparing their achievements is difficult. For league consistency Smith was the best but I'd argue he possibly had a younger, slightly hungrier squad. 2004 and 2005 are the best I remember us playing over a long period-I'd argue the rugby pre Seniors injury in 2005 was better than 2004. Powell had undoubtedly laid some great foundations and I believe he would have got us over the line eventually. Smith however certainly improved some standards and small things at the club. The signing of Bai and Lauitiiti should also not be overlooked. Bai in particular was the first winger at the club for a long time who could actually dominate physical exchanges and bust tackles returning the ball. At the time we were sadly lacking this sort of player. In 2007, despite what he'd achieved I was glad smith was leaving. I thought he made stranger selection decisions throughout his tenure and in my opinion we needed a change.

Bluey was a great motivator. He continued the success however I don't think many will argue that out structures over his 3 years in charge became less efficient. He had that ability however to raise players for big games which suited this squad well.
Again though, when it was announced he was leaving, I remember being pleased.

Mac has had more criticism than either of the above. Is some of it justified? Yes probably. Is some of it ridiculous? Definitely. He has led leeds to 2 Grand Finals. Last year was slightly disappointing however out league form was much more consistent and we were unlucky to drop some points ie. magic game v Wigan. I imagine there is a focus this year on being better in the regular rounds again. Like many, I'd like to see more rotation at times. But I'm pretty sure I've said similar with both over coaches. Mac does a lot of work with the foundation and speaks very well about the club and the game. He strikes me as an honest figure who will accept his mistakes and consistently try and better himself. The players seem to genuinely love playing for him and he is well respected within the club and amongst his peers.

All 3 will be fondly remembered in time I imagine. Can we draw a line under the petty point scoring now and just accept that not all of is agree. After all, I still see the merits of re-signing Ian Kirke and I think I'm virtually alone in that!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7098.jpg
[quote="G1":1x8x7ghm]Nice one Andy. You articulated a differing opinion given reasons and substance. There's really no place for the likes of you on Substandard. :wink:[/quote:1x8x7ghm]:7098.jpg

Quote: G1 "I would have Tony Smith back here in a heartbeat. Without a second's hesitation. He's a Great coach and his record speaks for itself.'"

I agree. The signing of Kirke and his successful integration into the side in 2006 & 7 was a great achievement and one the club has continued to benefit from for the next 7 years! Will you be going to his testimonial match in 2016 Gareth?!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member35189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1246_1686693825.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1246.jpeg

Think we would all agree on one thing

We wouldn't take Dean Lance back

RankPostsTeam
International Star1839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As someone who has followed Leeds RL and rhinos for quite a while !! . For us to achieve the success under Smith, bluey and B Mac is a dream come true for me.
Over the years I along with several of my pals witnessed some low points,the semi final defeat at Central Park against widnes one that springs to mind.
Also the years we spent being walloped by widnes and Wigan , so I tend to remain neutral in the arguments about who is the best rhinos coach.
I have the odd reservation about B Mac, but I think he is a work in progress and as head coach he will or should improve year on year, as he gets more experience .
One thing for certain is over the last few seasons we have seen some wonderful players wear the rhinos jersey .

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

I'm not among those agitating for the removal of the current coach. But when he does move on (as coaches do), does anyone else think we could do worse than Darryl Powell?

I wonder how badly those bridges were burned?

Always felt he was given the top job at Headingley a few years too soon.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: El Diablo "I'm not among those agitating for the removal of the current coach. But when he does move on (as coaches do), does anyone else think we could do worse than Darryl Powell?

I wonder how badly those bridges were burned?

Always felt he was given the top job at Headingley a few years too soon.'"

I rate Darryl Powell very highly,that's why I have tipped cas to have a good season.
I suspect if B Mac had not produced the goods Darryl would be first choice for GH . Especially as I believe they are good pals.

80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.7431640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
25m
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
40m
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
48m
Planning for next season
LeythIg
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
Recent
Salford - Away
The games af
Recent
Leeds
the-bearded-
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Jayden Okunbor
bonaire
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
2m
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
2m
Vegas Baby
Jason65
2m
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
2m
Salford - Away
The games af
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
2m
Batley next
Start@1873
2m
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,141 ↓-2880,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10