Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

I don't know of a specific instance yet when McDermott has said to Studd a phrase containing 'you get what you deserve' (evidence suggests the term being used on occasions) but both have been involved in their current roles for several seasons and I'm minded to believe it's a possibility.

McDermott appears to accept the possibility by each time qualifying the denial with a 'I'm not sure' or a 'I don't think'

I can't say I find Studd's line in questioning of coaches and players after games particularly provocative.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach539No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45465_1384791340.jpg
And last but not least, to all those people who wrote this team off. To all those people who critisized this team...tonight's for you. K. Sinfield, GF 2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45465.jpg

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "I'll tell you what mate, I'm not half as worried as I was last week!

Leeds are the better side no question. Cuthbertson was some find and is my MoS so far. Added to that your three quarters are the best in the comp. I actually think that McGuire, annoying so and so that he is, has got plenty left in the tank, and Rob Burrow always scares me.

But, we have beaten you twice so far this season, both away from Headingley. With SOL and Bateman in the team and we were so much better than against Wire last week. Matty Bowen is having a strange season, brilliant one week and awful the next. When he is awful he costs us tries, but when he is good he is a match winner.

A lot depends on injuries - and who knows how much this Super 8 thing will affect the play offs. I think BMc said as much last week.

All in all, I'm quite confident that Wigan have a good chance. Leeds are favourites, and I think it's back to being a three horse race with Saints. Though Huddersfield might have a say.'"

Three horse race, really? You can't have seen how utterly inept Saints were last week. We could have scored 2 or 3 more tries after fluffing good chances and their 3 tries were "soft" to say the least (after we took our foot of the gas). Castleford and Huddersfield have been playing better than any of the "top" 3 recently. Should be a great end of season with quite a few clubs in with a shout.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: tvoc "I don't know of a specific instance yet when McDermott has said to Studd a phrase containing 'you get what you deserve' (evidence suggests the term being used on occasions) but both have been involved in their current roles for several seasons and I'm minded to believe it's a possibility.

McDermott appears to accept the possibility by each time qualifying the denial with a 'I'm not sure' or a 'I don't think'

I can't say I find Studd's line in questioning of coaches and players after games particularly provocative.'"

A bit of a tenuous line of criticism of our coach IMO. I would have thought you would be expressing your delight in Mac's achievements so far this season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Whilst we all know there aren't any pots handed out in July - there have been some welcome adjustments from the coach as he now appears to have moved in accord with some IMO valid points aired via this board last season.

Burrow's role within the squad - no longer vital eighty minute player... better sharing of forward workload with more use of the bench especially Singleton .... Handley worth an extended run albeit injury forced the coach's hand he could have gone conservative and shifted Ablett and Watkins around more.

Not sure where the credit for the recruiting of Cuthbertson goes but that has been the best bit of business done by Leeds in several seasons and transformed the attacking play.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: tvoc "
Burrow's role within the squad - no longer vital eighty minute player... '"
McDermott reduced Burrow's role from his first season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: tvoc "Whilst we all know there aren't any pots handed out in July - there have been some welcome adjustments from the coach as he now appears to have moved in accord with some IMO valid points aired via this board last season.
'"

So the fact that with one match to go before the super 8s we are in first place having scored 176 points more than our nearest rival and achieved it, in the main, in a most attractive style .........you attribute all this to him reading the critics on this board icon_lol.gif

Is this the best praise you can come up with. Even if we lose next week and finish 2nd this will be about 5 positions higher than you predicted at the start of the season - so surely even you have to give him some credit for this.

When Mac was winning pots eg successive Championships, World Club Champions and Challenge Cup final winners you moaned about our finishing position or our style of play. So now we are league leaders and the most attractive team you cannot give him the credit because we haven't won anything yet and anyway it is all down to the players taking their coaching instructions from the Southstanders forum I suppose icon_exclaim.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Juan Cornetto "Is this the best praise you can come up with. Even if we lose next week and finish 2nd this will be about 5 positions higher than you predicted at the start of the season - so surely even you have to give him some credit for this.'"

Come on you've been on SouthStander long enough to know.....if we do finish top it'll be because the opposition are rubbish.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Wigan Peer "Look at it again, nowhere near the legs, into the hip, just where i used to hit people if i could not find their ribs...

Anyway, you don't have the universal name "Dirty Leeds" for nothing boys.. I obviously don't know what your body looks like, but my hip is pretty near my leg.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "So the fact that with one match to go before the super 8s we are in first place having scored 176 points more than our nearest rival and achieved it, in the main, in a most attractive style .........you attribute all this to him reading the critics on this board
It matters not one jot to Leeds what I (or anyone else) thinks or says on here - it only matters between ourselves.

Burrow being neither the prefereed starting hooker or scrum half has not come about 'because of' some views stated on here - I can only recall one poster suggesting a player's form was being adversely effected by comments made on here and that poster wasn't me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg

Quote: tvoc "I said McDermott has moved - I didn't say I knew his thoughts behind the move. Perhaps the coach is this season finally seeing what others were seeing back then.

As far as I am aware nothing finishes after the next game only which four clubs move from SL to compete in the middle eights. Won't the LLS be handed out after Round 30?

I would hope I moaned about both.

It matters not one jot to Leeds what I (or anyone else) thinks or says on here - it only matters between ourselves.

Burrow being neither the prefereed starting hooker or scrum half has not come about 'because of' some views stated on here - I can only recall one poster suggesting a player's form was being adversely effected by comments made on here and that poster wasn't me.'"

Ever the curmudgeon you are quick to criticise and never wrong. Like I said we are guaranteed to finish in the top 2 for the regular season with every chance of finish higher than you predicted which would have drawn some praise from most posters had they been as pessimistic as you were at the start of the season. Ever the optimist I still live in hope you will see come out from under that dark cloud one day and smell the roses icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "Come on you've been on SouthStander long enough to know.....if we do finish top it'll be because the opposition are rubbish.'"

We have been on SS long enough to know if the team doesn't finish top and doesn't win anything you will pull out a string of excuses as why that didn't happen icon_biggrin.gif !!

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Sal Paradise "We have been on SS long enough to know if the team doesn't finish top and doesn't win anything you will pull out a string of excuses as why that didn't happen
They did win something last year icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "They did win something last year Where did i say tbey didnt?

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "Ever the curmudgeon you are quick to criticise and never wrong.'"

I've hardly been quick to criticise this season, I've hardly posted - that said I would have mused how finishing positions could well come down to points difference having freely chosen at times not to select the most reliable gatherer of said crucial points this club has ever produced. Those inconsistencies are best left to the deep thinkers to justify.

Quote: Juan Cornetto "Like I said we are guaranteed to finish in the top 2 for the regular season with every chance of finish higher than you predicted which would have drawn some praise from most posters had they been as pessimistic as you were at the start of the season.'"

I don't share your definition of regular season as there are still eight rounds to go. Time will tell where everyone finishes and if my pre-season predictions are off it won't be the first or last time. As commented earlier McDermott has made some adjustments this season - which I welcome and the entertainment value has improved finally now let's see if it can go the distance.

Quote: Juan Cornetto " Ever the optimist I still live in hope you will see come out from under that dark cloud one day and smell the roses
I'll never come out from my dark cloud, I live with my loss everyday - but believe it or not I still enjoy my RL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg

Quote: tvoc "I've hardly been quick to criticise this season, I've hardly posted - that said I would have mused how finishing positions could well come down to points difference having freely chosen at times not to select the most reliable gatherer of said crucial points this club has ever produced. Those inconsistencies are best left to the deep thinkers to justify. .'"

Time will tell

Quote: tvoc "I don't share your definition of regular season as there are still eight rounds to go. Time will tell where everyone finishes and if my pre-season predictions are off it won't be the first or last time. As commented earlier McDermott has made some adjustments this season - which I welcome and the entertainment value has improved finally now let's see if it can go the distance. .'"

Well the regular season is what SL call it and it is when you have played every team home and away. We are well placed to do well in the super 8's subject to injuries, it should be entertaining.

Quote: tvoc "I'll never come out from my dark cloud, I live with my loss everyday - but believe it or not I still enjoy my RL.'"

My comments are only ever aimed at rugby and not intended outside of this... so tvoc I am truly sorry for your loss, of which I was unaware, and I retract any remarks that under the circumstances that have been insensitive or caused you offence.

77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3193359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
1m
Call for funds
Listenup94
4m