Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: William Eve "If there's even an ounce of truth in that, it might explain why not one single SL-produced player of the modern era has scaled the heights of being a world class player and made their mark on the international stage. Players don't become world class with softcock attitudes towards the weather. '"
Plenty have, we have good players, we have some world class players, we have players like Gareth Ellis, Sam Burgess, James Graham who are doing very very well in Australia, and very good young players like Ryan Hall and Sam Tomkins who are the equal of any player in their position for their age in RL.

We aren’t as good as a team or as a squad as the Australians and probably the kiwis at the moment, but it would be very naïve for that to extend to a belief that we are inferior man for man in every position. I would say that if every Australian, in every position was superior to every british player in every position then the Aussies are massively under-performing.

Quote: William Eve "Players like Deryck Fox and Kevin Dick would have run riot in the domestic game under the 10 metre helping-hand rule. '"
And players like Hall, Graham, Roby, Tomkins, would never have needed to get out of second gear playing against players whose speed, strength and fitness don’t even get close
Quote: William Eve "Aye, Kevin Ward, Lee Crooks, Brian Lockwood, Bill Ashurst, Terry Clawson, Mal Reilly, Jim Mills, Cliff Watson, et al were all bloody rubbish and fat back in't day laark. Not like today's magnificent physical specimens getting their international @rses handed to them with increasing regularity. '"

They were players of their time, when the game could carry people who weren’t professional enough to make best use of their natural talent.

Quote: William Eve "What illogical planet are you on Captain Smokey? When we used to undergo proper international tours, they were always played during the winter season whether that be in the UK or down under. Aussies and Kiwis toured here in Oct/Nov and we toured over there in June/July. Guess what? It worked.'"
Really? The clear and obvious reasons why a tour in the middle of the home nations season would be unworkable in the modern era weren’t immediately obvious to you?

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

William,

There were a lot of cold winters in deserted stadiums in the period preceding Sl dating back to the last time GB won a series against the Aussies.

You;re looking back through Rose tinted glasses. For every Andy Gregory there were plenty of ray Ashtons.

As for your suggestion that Aussies on guest stints during a winter season would improve the state of our game then I'd beg to differ. I watched Craig Coleman and Mark Laurie go home when the business end of the season came around and David Cruikshank and Cavill heugh took their place. I also remember Saints flying Fatty vautin and Michael O'Connor back for a Challenge Cup Final appearances. That improved the quality of Saints display.....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Plenty have, we have good players, we have some world class players, we have players like Gareth Ellis, Sam Burgess, James Graham who are doing very very well in Australia, and very good young players like Ryan Hall and Sam Tomkins who are the equal of any player in their position for their age in RL.'"

None of those players are world class. Ellis and Graham are solid, Hall can finish but concedes as many due to defensive ineptitude, Tomkins and Burgess have the potential to become world class. They aren't there yet.

Quote: SmokeyTA "We aren’t as good as a team or as a squad as the Australians and probably the kiwis at the moment, but it would be very naïve for that to extend to a belief that we are inferior man for man in every position. I would say that if every Australian, in every position was superior to every british player in every position then the Aussies are massively under-performing.'"

I doubt the Aussies will be losing much sleep over under-performance when they've won 23 out of 27 during the SL era, a not-insignificant number by blowout and record scorelines.

Quote: SmokeyTA "And players like Hall, Graham, Roby, Tomkins, would never have needed to get out of second gear playing against players whose speed, strength and fitness don’t even get close'"

They rarely have had to get out of second gear throughout the vast majority of their SL careers... and that's the problem right there.

Quote: SmokeyTA "They were players of their time, when the game could carry people who weren’t professional enough to make best use of their natural talent.'"

Careful. That interchange bench might tire out all those modern players which you hoist on to that SL pedestal of yours.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Really? The clear and obvious reasons why a tour in the middle of the home nations season would be unworkable in the modern era weren’t immediately obvious to you?'"

Yet another insecure SL supporter who spends most of their time worrying about what other sports are getting up to as opposed to what the sport can proactively do in order to benefit the game as a whole. That would include having the confidence to showcase your own events at the most feasible time in the calendar and that means a switch back to a winter season, providing the most appropriate window of opportunity for proper international tours and fixtures to take place.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Quote: G1 "As for your suggestion that Aussies on guest stints during a winter season would improve the state of our game then I'd beg to differ. I watched Craig Coleman and Mark Laurie go home when the business end of the season came around and David Cruikshank and Cavill heugh took their place. I also remember Saints flying Fatty vautin and Michael O'Connor back for a Challenge Cup Final appearances. That improved the quality of Saints display.....'"

Meninga became a legend at Saints, as did Kenny & Ferguson at Wigan, Sterlo at Hull, etc. But thanks for the selective memory negatives in order to push a one-eyed club-based agenda however. It'll always be the international game over club for me any day of the week. You may wax lyrical about the Rhinos team since 2004 as much as you like but none of those players have been effective at international level and the SL competition is a joke.

I'm more interested in the benefits accruing from more of our players employed on guest stints down under particularly during the 60's, and definitely during the late 80's and early 90's. Then there's also the experience of our players facing the likes of Miles, Meninga, Lewis et al during their guest stints in the UK. The benefits for the national side were proven during that period.

I don't give a flying youknowwhat that Leeds are SL champions when they then prove their worthlessness by getting hammered soon after against real quality opposition by scorelines such as 52-4. Others choose not to be interested so they may maintain their starry-eyed admiration for their respective Super League champion players and clubs. Not alluding to anyone in particular there of course icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: William Eve "None of those players are world class. Ellis and Graham are solid, Hall can finish but concedes as many due to defensive ineptitude, Tomkins and Burgess have the potential to become world class. They aren't there yet.'"
Hall is as good as any Australian winger, they aren’t particularly outstanding, any league where Manu Vatuvai can be a stand out winger isn’t blessed with an abundance of talent, The Fijian ringer the Aussies had drafted in isn’t anything more than solid defensively and under the bomb. Hall, if he were Australian would be knocking on the door of the Australian test squad if he wasn’t in it. There are players in the Kiwi and Australian squads who are no more than ‘solid’ the likes of Tamou, Lewis, Gillett aren’t a step above Graham or Ellis. Roby, whilst not Cam Smith is on a level with anyone else. Tomkins and Burgess do have the potential, as do other players

Quote: William Eve "I doubt the Aussies will be losing much sleep over under-performance when they've won 23 out of 27 during the SL era, a not-insignificant number by blowout and record scorelines. '"
That being the case i would be disappointed with their lack of professionalism.
Quote: William Eve "They rarely have had to get out of second gear throughout the vast majority of their SL careers... and that's the problem right there.'"
It certainly is, it is certainly a big part of the problem.
Quote: William Eve "Careful. That interchange bench might tire out all those modern players which you hoist on to that SL pedestal of yours. '"
It’s a lot more tiring to tackle a modern day prop running it in from ten yards than to pull down some fat plodder running through treacle and without a head of steam.
Quote: William Eve "Yet another insecure SL supporter who spends most of their time worrying about what other sports are getting up to as opposed to what the sport can proactively do in order to benefit the game as a whole. That would include having the confidence to showcase your own events at the most feasible time in the calendar and that means a switch back to a winter season, providing the most appropriate window of opportunity for proper international tours and fixtures to take place.'"
What have other sports got to do with anything?

Its fairly clear to anyone who wants to actually think about it rather than respond with their pre-determined insults the issues we, as a sport, would have with trying to put on a tour in the middle of a professional sports season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Even if tours were introduced it wouldn't help the game grow too much, just satisfy those who remember back to the 70's and 80's. In today's sporting world you can't only have just 3 proper teams at International level and expect it to be taken too seriously especially when England/GB will usually lose (which will still be the case no matter what format or changes we make because RL simply isn't as big over here and will never match how big it is over in Aus). The reason RU is bigger is how many proper teams they have at International level, can you imagine if they only had ENG/NZ/AUS, the 6 Nations wouldn't be around for a start.

And American Football shows that an International scene isn't a must to be able to succeed.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
193.jpg
Northampton RL....details here: //www.northamptonrl.co.uk:193.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "
And American Football shows that an International scene isn't a must to be able to succeed.'"

Aside from North American sports: Aussie Rules, Gaelic football, Sumo wrestling.....I'm sure there are others. Basketball remains very popular in many countries despite those countries not being at all close to the US standard at the sport.

Our obsession with our international results vs one country as a measure of the sport, rather than so many other possible measures, is bizarre.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: Richie "
Quote: Richie "
And American Football shows that an International scene isn't a must to be able to succeed.'"

Aside from North American sports
I would say that the number of people watching the game improving year on year and the increase of people playing across the country shows the game is doing well and the move to summer was positive.
International competition is a good thing to aim for but without the underlying structures below it won't be achievable.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: William Eve "None of those players are world class. Ellis and Graham are solid, Hall can finish but concedes as many due to defensive ineptitude, Tomkins and Burgess have the potential to become world class. They aren't there yet.'"

Rubbish.All these players mentioned are world class.I would have thought the definition of World class was being able to walk into the majority of sides in the world,which is what all these players would.Ellis and Graham just 'solid'? Ive watched lots of NRL over last few years and both players have had a huge impact at their respective clubs, JG is in his first season and has become integral in the Bulldogs push to the top of the premiership.

Quote: William Eve "I'm more interested in the benefits accruing from more of our players employed on guest stints down under particularly during the 60's, and definitely during the late 80's and early 90's. Then there's also the experience of our players facing the likes of Miles, Meninga, Lewis et al during their guest stints in the UK. The benefits for the national side were proven during that period.'"

It could also be argued that during this period GB were fortunate to have several of its all time greats around at the same time.Schofield,Offiah,Hanley and Robinson (maybe just after this period granted) and also had access to a non pro Union game which saw a certain Jonathan Davies come in and do some damage at international level.

Yet,we still didnt get a series victory over them despite this 'glory' period.I really cant see how you can atribute the likes of Meninga and lewis playing a handful of games in the early 80's and Miles playing 1 season(albeit a good one) in the twilight of his career as a proven reason as to why we competed for a couple of series.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Granted Hall isn't the best defensive winger ever, but if Offiah was playing today would he be? Would he also run the ball in a lot just like a forward on the first tackle whilst the real forwards are making their way back giving them a much needed breather?

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "Granted Hall isn't the best defensive winger ever, but if Offiah was playing today would he be? Would he also run the ball in a lot just like a forward on the first tackle whilst the real forwards are making their way back giving them a much needed breather?'"

Correct.

Hall isnt the best defensive winger in the world but certainly isnt the worst.His finishing ability alone would walk him into most sides and,as you say his graft bringing the ball back can be invalubale.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: William Eve "Meninga became a legend at Saints, as did Kenny & Ferguson at Wigan, Sterlo at Hull, etc. But thanks for the selective memory negatives in order to push a one-eyed club-based agenda however. It'll always be the international game over club for me any day of the week. You may wax lyrical about the Rhinos team since 2004 as much as you like but none of those players have been effective at international level and the SL competition is a joke.

I'm more interested in the benefits accruing from more of our players employed on guest stints down under particularly during the 60's, and definitely during the late 80's and early 90's. Then there's also the experience of our players facing the likes of Miles, Meninga, Lewis et al during their guest stints in the UK. The benefits for the national side were proven during that period.

I don't give a flying youknowwhat that Leeds are SL champions when they then prove their worthlessness by getting hammered soon after against real quality opposition by scorelines such as 52-4. Others choose not to be interested so they may maintain their starry-eyed admiration for their respective Super League champion players and clubs. Not alluding to anyone in particular there of course Excellent swerve there but I merely doubted your assertion that short term guest stints by Aussies during winter rugby was the way to uncrease our standards. So, leaving aside your Gotcha-esque fog knitting and attempt at fudging your weak point I'll keep on subject.

People fondly remember the English stints of Kenny and Sterling. But for all those ther were more Sam Backos, Fatty Vautins or Gary Belchers who offered nothing to our game and took plenty during their jollies. Even the great Wally Lewis boosted his bank balance with a stint at Wakefield. How many of the Wakefield players that played alongside him went on to dominate the Aussies?

If a short spell playing alongside the Aussies is really the answer why have you been so derisory about the international credentials of Ellis and Morley who spent quite some time playing alongside Aussies in their competition?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6553.gif
[b:1e1swnry]Fat Boy wrote:[/b:1e1swnry] Bradford are now officially the RFL's biatches. [b:1e1swnry]Seventies red wrote:[/b:1e1swnry] Whats a biatch?. [b:1e1swnry]gulfcoast_highwayman wrote:[/b:1e1swnry] They wear red and white and cry a lot in October.:6553.gif

I don't know if anyone knows or cares. But the RFL made all its Rugby League schools development officers redundant to save money, except in Cumbria. They made the coaching coordinators redundant. I know this because I need to get my level two signed off and nobody is qualified to do it anymore. We can't get coaches into the amateur game properly. What bloody hope have we got?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
193.jpg
Northampton RL....details here: //www.northamptonrl.co.uk:193.jpg

Quote: loinertillidie "I don't know if anyone knows or cares. But the RFL made all its Rugby League schools development officers redundant to save money, except in Cumbria. They made the coaching coordinators redundant. I know this because I need to get my level two signed off and nobody is qualified to do it anymore. We can't get coaches into the amateur game properly. What bloody hope have we got?'"

Not here (the whole of the Midlands) they didn't.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: loinertillidie "I don't know if anyone knows or cares. But the RFL made all its Rugby League schools development officers redundant to save money, except in Cumbria. They made the coaching coordinators redundant. I know this because I need to get my level two signed off and nobody is qualified to do it anymore. We can't get coaches into the amateur game properly. What bloody hope have we got?'"

From what I know they've got rid of a few and a lot more are fearing for their jobs (but haven't gone yet) because there is uncertainty over Sport England funding, apparently the participation numbers have fallen by quite a lot and so the funding is under threat. Although I have issues with how the participation numbers are done.

106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
106 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.58251953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
8m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
58m
Leigh it is
jonh
60m
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
Recent
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
13s
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
20s
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
20s
RLFANS News
32s
Leigh it is
jonh
35s
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
35s
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
38s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
49s
Film game
Wanderer
51s
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,025 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22