JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tad rhino "burrow wasn't the only player to get a ban though was he?
how many reds has watts had this year? 3? 4?
connor was a disgrace in that game. anyone needed a slap he did.

I've been impressed with hull this year. hull fans I know say they are either brilliant or rubbish. rarely anything inbetween. lets hope its rubbish on friday'"

Three, although in his defence that one the other week shouldn't have even been a penalty, and the other two were on the harsh side. Ironically the worst tackle Watts has made all season was only given a yellow.

Connor is fast turning into one of those players who, if he plays for you he's great, but if he plays for someone else you want to give him a smack in the mouth. A bit like Bailey used to be.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach24319
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

brent webb was worse than Bailey but I get your meaning.
I thought watts cannonball tackle was far worse than the red v Wigan yet he got away with it. to be fair I think he plays on the edge, goes over it to often, but if I'd have him in a heartbeat.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tad rhino "brent webb was worse than Bailey but I get your meaning.
I thought watts cannonball tackle was far worse than the red v Wigan yet he got away with it. to be fair I think he plays on the edge, goes over it to often, but if I'd have him in a heartbeat.'"

Cannonball tackle in the Wigan game?

If so I think you're mixing him up with Griffin.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1417
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Quote: tad rhino "burrow wasn't the only player to get a ban though was he?
how many reds has watts had this year? 3? 4?
connor was a disgrace in that game. anyone needed a slap he did.

I've been impressed with hull this year. hull fans I know say they are either brilliant or rubbish. rarely anything inbetween. lets hope its rubbish on friday'"

Watts has had 2/3 red cards this season and been banned twice. His last sending off (via the VR) did not receive a ban and he was subsequently found not guilty. I know Burrow received a ban, but I apologise if my sarcasm still stems from the VR being unable to communicate to the referee (unlike the Watts incident) about the blatant headbutt.

One poster earlier suggested that it could be a spiteful forward battle. I doubt that it will be as Leeds v Hull are not often niggly games.

Not too many complaints these days from Hull fans about our team's performances these day, especially after our back to back Wembley wins. We have now learnt from others (Leeds included), on how to peak at the business end of the season.

I think Friday could be a great game. Hull should have a full strength 17 and will be more rested than the Thursday night match after Wembley.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain166No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Biff Tannen "I agree 50/50 game. I think the winner will win at OT.'"

I think Cas (if they make it) will absolutely annihilate Leeds, but eh each to their own.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sal Paradise "
Should be a formality Printer says Hull are shot a walk over.'"

No I didn't say that at all.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rugby Raider "We have now learnt from others (Leeds included), on how to peak at the business end of the season.'"

I keep hearing this from Hull fans this year but we won't know if you've learnt to peak at the business end of the year like others until you show it on Friday and GF if you get there.

Hull have learnt how to peak for the cup but playoffs are different and we have home advantage where whilst people (Leeds fans included) might not have been too impressed with the performances we still had the joint best home record this season with 13 wins and only 2 losses and Hull's record at Headingley in recent times is bad.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Our problem has been that we have been far too inconsistent and lost games to dross like Leigh and Catalans at home. We all have rose tinted glasses when it comes to our own clubs, but I firmly believe that if Hull play their best rugby it is just too good for any team in this league. I don't think anyone can match the physicality and speed we play at when we get a roll on, and if Kelly is working his magic and Sneyd has the ball on a string it is so hard to stop.

Of course those perfect performances don't come around too often, and there's certainly no guarantee we will get it right against you on Friday, but I couldn't agree less with what you say about both teams at their best.'"

I wouldnt expect hull fans to agree that leeds were a better team and like you say its very rare both teams will be at there very best on the same night,but if they were imo leeds are a slightly better team,i dont think this leeds team is anything special either but we'v beat you 3 out of 4 times this season.

To say no team can match your physicality and speed is a bit of a reach for a team that have taken more hammerings than theyv given out this season and could very easily of missed top 4 altogether if cas still had somthing to play for. It looks more like win some,lose some is the level your at rather than some unplayable team who just need consistency.

Im not saying i think we'r miles better than you,your a good,solid side with a decent chance of winning on friday...i just think some leeds fans over rate hull based on the cup semi and clearly some hull fans over rate hull aswel.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Old Feller "I wonder if GH is now regretting not delaying the SS demolition until after next weekend?'"

Not really because they had no choice if they wanted the new stands ready by a certain point.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: PrinterThe "No I didn't say that at all.'"

I'll say it though. Hull are luckier than Leeds to be where they are, vastly over rated and will be found out next week.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mattsrhinos1978 "I wouldnt expect hull fans to agree that leeds were a better team and like you say its very rare both teams will be at there very best on the same night,but if they were imo leeds are a slightly better team,i dont think this leeds team is anything special either but we'v beat you 3 out of 4 times this season.

To say no team can match your physicality and speed is a bit of a reach for a team that have taken more hammerings than theyv given out this season and could very easily of missed top 4 altogether if cas still had somthing to play for. It looks more like win some,lose some is the level your at rather than some unplayable team who just need consistency.

Im not saying i think we'r miles better than you,your a good,solid side with a decent chance of winning on friday...i just think some leeds fans over rate hull based on the cup semi and clearly some hull fans over rate hull aswel.'"

Maybe I do overestimate our ability, we have had some fairly horrid performances this year, but I have seen what we can do when we get it right. That game against Cas when Watts was sent off ended up close because of us playing an hour with 12, but we went through them like a dose of salts in the first 20 and they just didn't have any answers. The semi against you, I know you obviously don't rate your own performance from that day, but I'm not sure what you could have done that different.

We've had two big issues this season. Errors and penalties. But if we hold the ball and keep disciplined we usually overwhelm the opposition eventually.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gotcha "I'll say it though. Hull are luckier than Leeds to be where they are, vastly over rated and will be found out next week.'"

Yeah, I mean, you only get back to back CC wins by being lucky. Am sure Gary and the RFL will steal you a GF appearance, Hicks/Child/Thaler as referee/video referee, maybe even get Burrow to run the line and Cummings to run the other.

I hope neither side gets robbed by the officials.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Maybe I do overestimate our ability, we have had some fairly horrid performances this year, but I have seen what we can do when we get it right. That game against Cas when Watts was sent off ended up close because of us playing an hour with 12, but we went through them like a dose of salts in the first 20 and they just didn't have any answers. The semi against you, I know you obviously don't rate your own performance from that day, but I'm not sure what you could have done that different.

We've had two big issues this season. Errors and penalties. But if we hold the ball and keep disciplined we usually overwhelm the opposition eventually.'"

But errors and penalies are a reflection of a teams ability,any of the top 5 or 6 teams can confidently claim if they made no errors and gave no penalties away they'd overwhelm the opposition. If you were as good as you say you wouldnt be making the errors and if you were overwhelming teams you wouldnt need to give as many penalties away.

We could of done a lot of things different in the semi final but we didnt and fair play you beat us well, but im sure after we put 50 past you at your place it looked like there was nothing you could of done differant to stop us. Thats how it often looks when one team plays well and the other team plays poorly,our super 8's game at wakey being a prime example.

I do agree that you stack up well with cas,you seem to know how to deal with them whereas we look nowhere near being able to stop them so far.But imo to say no other team can live with you when your on is massively over rating a team that finished 15 points off top,only just won more than half there league games and only just squeezed into the top 4 on the last weekend of the league season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mattsrhinos1978 "But errors and penalies are a reflection of a teams ability,any of the top 5 or 6 teams can confidently claim if they made no errors and gave no penalties away they'd overwhelm the opposition. If you were as good as you say you wouldnt be making the errors and if you were overwhelming teams you wouldnt need to give as many penalties away.

We could of done a lot of things different in the semi final but we didnt and fair play you beat us well, but im sure after we put 50 past you at your place it looked like there was nothing you could of done differant to stop us. Thats how it often looks when one team plays well and the other team plays poorly,our super 8's game at wakey being a prime example.

I do agree that you stack up well with cas,you seem to know how to deal with them whereas we look nowhere near being able to stop them so far.But imo to say no other team can live with you when your on is massively over rating a team that finished 15 points off top,only just won more than half there league games and only just squeezed into the top 4 on the last weekend of the league season.'"

Let's hope for a great game and that the best team (on the night) wins, so long as it's a Yorkshire final I'll be happy, rather see us (FC) playing, which is obvious, but if it's Cas v Leeds then so be it, anyone but Wigan is good for the game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PCollinson1990 "Let's hope for a great game and that the best team (on the night) wins, so long as it's a Yorkshire final I'll be happy, rather see us (FC) playing, which is obvious, but if it's Cas v Leeds then so be it, anyone but Wigan is good for the game.'"

Yeah agreed,im sure it will be a close one and a cracking game.

249 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
249 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.40087890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
1m
Film game
Wanderer
4m