Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ThePrinter "B*ll*cks

You were just trying to earn some brownie points and have a pop at some people who simply stated the defence showed improvement and accused them of forgiving and forgetting all previous performances even though they clearly said no such thing.'"

Oh dear!!! I do believe you actually believe this... ( unless you're playing devil's advocate again icon_smile.gif )

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: nantwichexile "Oh dear!!! I do believe you actually believe this... ( unless you're playing devil's advocate again
I believe it's what you wrote....because you wrote it. I also believe you've got your nose firmly planted up Wiliam's backside just like his other hanger-on both desperate to impress him.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

I hope you're not suggesting the defensive efforts against the likes of Huddersfield (x2), Sts away, Hull KR at home were in any way indicative of a team focused on defence? If so you've got very low standards.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "I hope you're not suggesting the defensive efforts against the likes of Huddersfield (x2), Sts away, Hull KR at home were in any way indicative of a team focused on defence? If so you've got very low standards.'"

No we didn't, we said one thing and one thing only, that the defence improved vs Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I'm sure it did. Can you think of any particular reason why it's been a pile of shoite for the rest of the season?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "I'm sure it did. Can you think of any particular reason why it's been a pile of shoite for the rest of the season?'"

I can think of several.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

So can I, and none of them have anything to do with injuries.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "No we didn't, we said one thing and one thing only, that the defence improved vs Salford.'"

Who is we? who "are you desperate to impress" icon_biggrin.gif did you even go to the game?

The defence effort wasn't any better - the quality of the attacking against it was simply of a lower standard.

Do you believe based on Friday night's effort the likes of Warrington would not have scored 40+?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "I believe it's what you wrote....because you wrote it. I also believe you've got your nose firmly planted up Wiliam's backside just like his other hanger-on both desperate to impress him.'"

There are three distinct groups on here:

1. Those that support the management and will use any excuse to explain away the current debarcle - Juan, you, loiner etc
2. Those that are prepared to challenge and question why things are so bad, Jeff, me, Nantwhich,Gotcha etc
3. Those in the middle - DHM, Brisbane, Gilder

So those in group two are brown nosers incapable of rational thought but those in group 1 including you are free thinkers - are you for real?

Much harder to challenge the status quo than just accept the club is doing the best it can and its current predicament has been unavoidable.

Who are the sheep here!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: Sal Paradise "There are three distinct groups on here

You seem to see yourself as some white knight challenging the dark side ( coach and club) with the same boring conclusions. Some of what you say has merit but why go on and on and on with new postings saying the same thing. I think you will find that most of my postings are a response to other negative ones. I rarely start a new thread to state the same thing over and over again. You use the term excuse while others may legitimately say mitigating circumstances.

To suggest it is harder to challenge the status quo is a bit rich. The internet is a haven for outrageous, unregulated and anonymous keyboard warriors who post stuff they would never dare say to the persons face.

If you have to put the regular posters in boxes the headings could alternatively be divided thus;

1. Those whose default position is to post daily negative comments continually season after season
2. Those who continually challenge the above negative postings with alternative more positive and forgiving thoughts.
3. Those that occasionally post both positive and negative comments.
4. Mutual back slappers who gang up to attack an outsider.

Although I certainly would put my hand up for being included in category 2, I do also drop into category 3 too. I have quite often criticised certain players and management decisions. I would place you in category 1 with rare ventures into 3 and 4.

None of us can claim to be right and differing opinions should be welcomed and not denigrated .

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Sal Paradise "Who is we? who "are you desperate to impress" :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Oh grow up you silly old fart and stop making stuff up. You act like some pre-teen school boy arguing over who's got the best toys. It's embarrassing.

Please quote me "supporting the management and using any excuse to explain away the current debarcle" (sic) and good luck with it because you won't find anything bar the odd post agreeing with some of the more level headed posters on here.

You really need a break from the internet Sal, it's turning you into one of those conspiracy theorist morons.

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Oh dear what would we ever do without your heroic challenging of the "status quo" when things are bad (of course ignoring that even when things were going great over the years you were exactly the same predicting and calling everything cr@p) I'm sure the club is scrapping the Sinfield statue to put one up of you for your bravery instead.

You might like to think you're doing it for some greater good of the club but reality is you're just a misery guts who likes to think he knows better than the club and the people at it.

Oh and Gotcha is in no way a brown noser....it's just you and Nantwich icon_smile.gif

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "Oh dear what would we ever do without your heroic challenging of the "status quo" when things are bad (of course ignoring that even when things were going great over the years you were exactly the same predicting and calling everything cr@p) I'm sure the club is scrapping the Sinfield statue to put one up of you for your bravery instead.

You might like to think you're doing it for some greater good of the club but reality is you're just a misery guts who likes to think he knows better than the club and the people at it. '"

Anyone who'd bet against the 2015 Rhinos of making the top 4 is clearly either not very bright or is, more likely, just an agenda driven internet troll who can't help himself.

Quote: ThePrinter "
Oh and Gotcha is in no way a brown noser....it's just you and Nantwich
Careful now Printer, you'll have William Eve being offended on behalf of Sal... and calling you a bully. icon_lol.gif

QUOTE | REPLY
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have no compunction to defend myself line by line against detractors...people can draw their own conclusions.
Suffice to say i am not a member of any clique or us/them group and do not proclaim to be.. I enjoy William Eve's postings and undoubtedly i 'get' his apparent sense of humour ...so maybe often respond in a similar vein...more so than to others who perhaps fail to inspire in a similar way. At other times i might care to post something in a more serious vein...but considering it IS just a game taking myself too seriously would be perhaps rather remiss of me.

... However, all on here are simply names to me....nothing more !! If i ever did meet anyone here in person i might find i disliked William Eve immensely and conversely found myself in a bromance with Printer icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif .. I perceive not ...but who knows !!! Life is full of surprises

Back on topic....Leeds are still shiite and any sense of improved efforts in defence has surely to be considered in conjunction with the levelling down weather conditions (funnily enough wasn't Hull at home our last victory?) and an opposition team that was just as shiite. IMO only of course

QUOTE | REPLY
128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, SouthStander.com , Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino , Frosties.
128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, SouthStander.com , Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino , Frosties.

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.37158203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
55m
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
Recent