JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "And both of which are entirely out of his control once the player crosses the line.

Unless we're saying McDermott coaches Achurch to hide, or Ablett to continually make poor reads?'"

So what value is the coach adding if it is not to improve the players he is coaching?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder " that's a player performance and attitude issue.'"

Which IMO is directly linked to the quality of coaching/management.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Some serious over-estimation of how much influence coaches can have over performance going on here.

Still, the alternative is to blame the players and that would never do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

The same folks blaming all our woes on the coach now are, in the main, the same ones that refused to credit him in all his winning years. Anyone who has done any coaching will be aware that some things are outside his influence. He can motivate all he likes but that will not guarantee a return of lost form eg: Hardaker, or injuries eg: McGuire, Ward, Briscoe, Hall, Cuthbertson, Moon, Ferres, etc etc etc

If the coach is solely responsible for recruitment then he can be held responsible for any imbalance in his squad but if this and the purse strings are held by others then don't blame the coach.

Unless you actually attend training sessions and team talks regularly then it is just guesswork to suggest that poor coaching is the main problem or to imply that any lack of structure on the field must also be down to the coach too. What we have witnessed for ourselves, and where we can be critical, is in player performances. Is it fair to blame the coaches for the times when players miss tackles or fail to get defensive numbers right or handling errors? Perhaps you could if the coach was unproven but we are talking about last years coach of the year who coached the team to the treble and to a record number of trophies for the club.

Now I am not saying he is blameless or has not made errors. But his record defies the hasty judgement some have made. The retirement of our key influential players has been a major factor as has been the really serious injury list which some critics are too quick to dismiss plus the worrying lack of form from some senior players. It could well be that there are other factors of which we are all in the dark at the moment.

We have seen in the last couple of matches more positive signs and now is the time to get behind the coach and team as they are going to need full support in their quest to turn the season around.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68072_1442575000.jpg
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68072.jpg

Juan- maybe you misunderstand me, if indeed this is aimed at me in anyway, but my point is more that the same players keep making the same defensive miss reads or are shirking certain responsibilities. Infact, my main issue is the defensive structure as a whole and the work at the ruck which to me, and many others on here, is quite frankly shocking and has been since the first couple of games of the year.These things ARE for the coach to address and fix up and he rightly should get the finger pointed at him imo for it not being.Nothing to do with getting on his back, i have backed Mac for years even through his rough patches and always credited him when due.If he is trying to change things then all we can assume is the players aren't listening therefore he needs to do something about it, i.e drop one or two main culprits till they do get the message. like i say, you can only go off of perception and that is what is to me.

And the players certainly aint blameless. I agree with Schoey when he said one or two need to take a look in the mirror at the performances after Easter. They did show some good grit in the win against Hull but the defence was back to shocking against Saints and the same problems keep coming up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

A could of weeks ago Achurch pretty much said the team was working hard but didn't know what was going wrong and it was up to the coaches to solve it. This week the same guy has said that with regards to the attack the penny finally seemed to drop with the team at HT vs Saints. We obviously got our most points in that game so hopefully it's the start of seeing our attack look closer to last years version.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10694No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Biff Tannen "Come on, we will likely only have 3 home games and it won't be all against those 3 teams you mention for maximum doomsday effect. Yes if London or Batley are one of the home games then the corporate packages would be a difficult sell but that comes with the territory of a bad season. That said it could easily be Bradford, Huddersfield,Wakey and Leigh at home, all of which would pull a healthy crowd in games where something is at least at stake as William rightly pointed out.

Anyway, as said the biggest downer from middle 8s would be selling season tickets and packages for 2017 and retaining the fair weather brigade.'"

That won't be too hard though really considering there will be no south stand next year so we lose the capacity of one stand.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10694No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hardaker
Handley Watkins Keinhorst Golding
McGuire Lilley
Garbutt Burrow Galloway
JJB Ferres
Sutcliffe

Singleton Mullally Walters Baldwinson/Delaney/Achurch

Alternatively if McGuire is not fit:

Hardaker
Golding Watkins Keinhorst Handley
Sutcliffe Lilley
Galloway Burrow Garbutt
Ferres JJB
Singleton

Walters Mullally Baldwinson Delaney/Achurch.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Gotcha "That's an extremely optimistic and simple way to look at it.

You are assuming we will finish above the bottom two for starters, otherwise three games, which makes a massive dent in your figures. You are also assuming we would get 11k, which is very optimistic, when likely not to go above 9k.

You have missed out catering, merchandise, also, which is a massive sum on game days for this club.'"

We got to the 10k mark in season tickets, I think 11k is a fair number especially when we could have the likes of a well supported Leigh or Bradford visit. I dare say Bradford in the Middle 8's would sell more than Wigan in the Super 8's with us having zero chance of reaching the top 4.

Also forgetting the days the games are played on. Super 8's on Friday and Thursday, only takes one of our home games to be on the Thursday night and regardless of whether it's vs Wigan or Saints you can say goodbye to around 3k maybe more with our top 4 hopes slim or gone. Middle 8's are on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and from past our rare Sunday fixtures do see good attendances.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: Biff Tannen "Juan- maybe you misunderstand me, if indeed this is aimed at me in anyway, but my point is more that the same players keep making the same defensive miss reads or are shirking certain responsibilities. Infact, my main issue is the defensive structure as a whole and the work at the ruck which to me, and many others on here, is quite frankly shocking and has been since the first couple of games of the year.These things ARE for the coach to address and fix up and he rightly should get the finger pointed at him imo for it not being.Nothing to do with getting on his back, i have backed Mac for years even through his rough patches and always credited him when due.If he is trying to change things then all we can assume is the players aren't listening therefore he needs to do something about it, i.e drop one or two main culprits till they do get the message. like i say, you can only go off of perception and that is what is to me.

And the players certainly aint blameless. I agree with Schoey when he said one or two need to take a look in the mirror at the performances after Easter. They did show some good grit in the win against Hull but the defence was back to shocking against Saints and the same problems keep coming up.'"

I didn't aim specifically at you Biff but as you are one of several who are assuming the coach isn't trying to address the obvious player's shortcomings. I take the view that it is inconceivable that the coach cannot identify the player's errors. That is the easy bit. The senior players are experienced and know full well how to defend. Are you suggesting Mac should have dropped Watkins, Hardaker and Ablett for example? And if so exactly who replaces them. For much of the season half his squad have been injured and several of the others have been unable to fully train between matches and he has had to play the walking wounded.

So I say cut the guy some slack.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74805_1455211563.gif
[b:3e8ueqvz]I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar![/b:3e8ueqvz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74805.gif

JC- The simple fact is results & performances aren't anywhere near where they should be so whats the answer ditch multiple players or accept that after 5yrs maybe the Coach has run his course.
The injuries are a factor but not the defining one other Clubs performances show that as for the training ground that doesnt or shouldnt cover 13 weeks into the season they should by now be match fit & have enough grasp of any Coaching structure to be able to perform better imo.
Players are to blame as well i dont dispute that but again quality players dont become bad overnight so maybe its time for fresh voices & ideas.
GH also carrys plenty of blame btw for cheap panic recruitment id also question him who is ultimately to blame for current set up because imo we should have a HC & 2Assts 1 for defence 1 for attack & the Acadamy structure seperate. Jason Davidson is a conditioner not a coach & Kirke should be nowhere near.
Also he has had plenty of credit for the success we have achieved the history books dont lie.
Finally this "having to select the walking wounded" thats complete BS he has plenty of previous of pucking injured players or keeping them on the field too long when others are available & in the case of Delaney then the Coach should havd the nads to not select him.
The time is right for a fresh start across the board imo & i make no apology for thinking that yes i agree its not all his fault absolutely not but the Changes always come at the top in RL when a squad/team dint perform to their potential.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg

Quote: RHINO-MARK "JC- The simple fact is results & performances aren't anywhere near where they should be so whats the answer ditch multiple players or accept that after 5yrs maybe the Coach has run his course.
The injuries are a factor but not the defining one other Clubs performances show that as for the training ground that doesnt or shouldnt cover 13 weeks into the season they should by now be match fit & have enough grasp of any Coaching structure to be able to perform better imo.
Players are to blame as well i dont dispute that but again quality players dont become bad overnight so maybe its time for fresh voices & ideas.
GH also carrys plenty of blame btw for cheap panic recruitment id also question him who is ultimately to blame for current set up because imo we should have a HC & 2Assts 1 for defence 1 for attack & the Acadamy structure seperate. Jason Davidson is a conditioner not a coach & Kirke should be nowhere near.
Also he has had plenty of credit for the success we have achieved the history books dont lie.
Finally this "having to select the walking wounded" thats complete BS he has plenty of previous of pucking injured players or keeping them on the field too long when others are available & in the case of Delaney then the Coach should havd the nads to not select him.
The time is right for a fresh start across the board imo & i make no apology for thinking that yes i agree its not all his fault absolutely not but the Changes always come at the top in RL when a squad/team dint perform to their potential.'"

Your analysis and solution is too simplistic for what is a complex problem. In the absence of real facts about the coaching or off field problems the only real facts that we know of are as follows:

1. Three of senior players that for many years were a key part our successful side retired at the end of last season. Two of these were our most respected and influential players and leaders. They were always going to be difficult to replace and so it has proved.

2. We had other players from the first 17 out on long term injury from last season including Ward & JJB

3. Our training ground and facilities were destroyed by the floods

4. Our new hooker was injured in preseason training and out for the first part of the season.

5. Three new forward recruits has to be integrated into a side missing so many senior players and with others down on form it is no surprise that our structures look dodgy.

6. Our new captain and chief replacement play maker McGuire joined the long term injured in our first match

7. We had three other players pick up medium term injuries in our second match (Briscoe, Ablett and Golding)

8. In our third match (WCC) we lost Garbutt to a 4 match suspension

9. Sutcliffe who was to be our replacement for Sinfield, returned from serious long term injury from last year but was unable to find any good form.

10. Any sort of form deserted Hall, Hardaker and Watkins too and when Ablett and Falloon returned they produced a series of errors.

11 The serious injury list has grown to include Ferres, Moon, Cuthbertson, Walters and Hall in addition to Ward with McGuire being injured again shortly after his return. Delaney and Falloon have recurring injuries and others too have been in the sick room.

Now I think you will agree that all these 11 points are facts. Which of them are the fault of the coach?

You discount our injuries as not a defining factor citing that other clubs performances have not been effected by their own injuries. Well I would say that to make that judgement you can only compare like with like. So I ask you which SL clubs have had the same accumulation of negative circumstances?

Since JJB returned we have started to show some improvement in attitude and performance and there are signs that confidence is returning and our attack is much better. So you are saying that just when we might be turning the corner you still want to get a new coach in and your justification for this view is based on other clubs changing coaches in the past when things go wrong.! How many of these had a similar set of negative circumstances to overcome?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Its neither the coach or the players - its both. So far whichever players have been picked have as a unit shown very little ability with the ball (at current rates we're likely to score less than 100 tries for the year for the first time in almost 50 years) and complete lack of intent in defence.

The only question is whether BM can move things in the right direction, or whether he's lost support amongst the squad. If its the former he'll stay and some players may leave, if the latter he'll go. I very much doubt GH hasn't got a strong idea where the problem(s) lie.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74805_1455211563.gif
[b:3e8ueqvz]I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar![/b:3e8ueqvz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74805.gif

Quote: Juan Cornetto "Your analysis and solution is too simplistic for what is a complex problem. In the absence of real facts about the coaching or off field problems the only real facts that we know of are as follows
Of the 3 Legends 2 clearly played major influencial roles on/off the pitch by the Coaches own admision something you played down as Mc.D's great man management on that score he's been clearly found out something both he & GH are accountable for.
Other clubs is not the only reason i think its time to change its not even the major one but it was brought by you when you said be careful what you wish for it doesnt work yet it clearly does more often than not.
Cas beat us with 10 of their squad unavailable including they're 2 1st choice BR's FB Centre/Captain SO amingst them yet they had a basic gameplan which they executed well.
Again HKR beat us convincingly with half a team Wakey also had plenty of 1st choice players missing.
Ive repeated time & again 5yrs is enough in RL & you also ignore his squad management re-injured players unused subs its poor simple as that & happens too often look at Delaney/Jjb as perfect examples.
Whilst there are other reasons for this years below par performances things the Coach does control are still found wanting imo i.e the defence is still pish we are still conceding the same trys game after game he still uses Watkins as basically a BR , even with us down in players he still has unused subs & even when others were available picked Delaney when injured.
The new era is upon us it was always going to be a big transition & personally id prefer a fresh approach off the pitch as well as on it.
Its not purely just a blame game exercise they're all culpable good bad and indifferent but in Coaching terms time to move in & start afresh.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "snip'"

You could make similar excuses for Wigan. Yet with a worse squad are joint top.

331 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
331 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.9326171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Freddie Mill
Recent
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
cheekydiddle
15s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
29s
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
36s
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
54s
Play-off semi-final
Scarlet Pimp
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
Freddie Mill
1m
Shopping list for 2025
WIZEB
2m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
2m
Former players
weighman
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Benny Profan
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Wigg'n
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RoyBoy29
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
rubber ducki
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,651 80,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
15:00
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22