JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40413_1318079934.jpg
[watching Mackay testing the curry in the prison kitchens] Fletcher: Course, he sees 'imself as an authority on curry, he does, on account of where he was stationed in the army. Rudge: Where? India? Fletcher: No, Bradford.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40413.jpg

First time this season that our pack looked absolutely shot. Never been one to jump on the Kirke out bandwagon but after tonight I'm afraid there's not much more he can offer.

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I know he wasn't the only one, far from it, BUT that was a rock bottom performance from Danny ! Failed to make any of his first 5 tackles - missed plenty more during the time he was on the field ! Had at least 2 kicks charged down & several of his passes hit the turf rather than a fellow players hands.
It was a blessing for everyone (especially him) when he was replaced.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1135No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1243.jpg
:1243.jpg

Danny's key attribute was his speed, that started to disappear 2 years ago, now he is slow. Slow in his decision making, slow with his distribution and slow in his support play. Let's hope the senior leaders don't become too sentimental, tremendous thanks Danny for some superb memories but it's time to go. The team must come first.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

I can take players not performing, providing they at least look like they're trying.

Can't even say that about McGuire last night. Shat himself and hid from minute one. A spineless performance.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1646No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's not just last night, he has not been performing well for sometime now.
Okay he has lost his speed, but that is not too vital if you have the creativity.
Harris was never the quickest even in his younger days, but his creativity and passing ability compensated for that.
McGuire does not have that same ability and his defence last night was plain pathetic.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "I can take players not performing, providing they at least look like they're trying.

Can't even say that about McGuire last night. Shat himself and hid from minute one. A spineless performance.'"

Ridiculous comment. There is only one spineless player in this squad and it certainly isn't McGuire.

However, he was shocking, mainly in defence. Can't be too critical of the attack as he was behind a completely outplayed pack but his defence was shocking. If I were to defend him I'd suggest people look at the defender inside him (Moon) and the bizarre decisions he often makes leaving Danny very isolated.

With Sutcliffe at least offering some threat it's time he partnered Sinfield (who wasn't much better but at least he can tackle) in the halves.

And lets cross our fingers Burrow heals quickly and peoiple realise he is the best 7 at the club and should play there.

RankPostsTeam
International Star63No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Danny has been a fantastic servant to Leeds, but I think Tony Smith did his work on us, all the traffic was running at Danny as his defence is not his strongest suit. They held us down, and were in our face off a skinny 10 from Mr Child. Wire played off a quick play the ball and put pressure and our kickers and back three. I know we didn't play well, but we were well beaten by a well coached team, who knew all our weaknesses. I am sorry to say this but I think Danny has had his day along with a number of our senior players.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: GARFORTH LAD "Danny has been a fantastic servant to Leeds, but I think Tony Smith did his work on us'"

He did a real number on us, that's for sure. It was a vintage tony smith performance, I remember when we used to blow teams away in 2004/1st half 2005 with that type of rugby.

Since tony smith took over warrington we either narrowly beat them or get a right good pasting. When smith's teams are on, they are ON.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: G1 "Ridiculous comment. There is only one spineless player in this squad and it certainly isn't McGuire.'"

Except we're not discussing Kirke, much as that's your topic du jour.

McGuire missed about five tackles in the first half hour simply because he made no attempt to use the shoulder and went in like a flapping baby bird instead. He then spent the rest of the game hiding in a massive hole, standing and passing (usually to the floor) as soon as he got the ball because he was scared to take on the line.

Simply, his fell out when put under pressure. While someone's constant references to him as "biscuit bones" might be inappropriate, his other choice of term ("flat track bully"icon_wink.gif is spot on. No doubt he will look much more interested against Leigh when there will be tries for the taking.

Christ only knows what he would have been like had Warrington been able to run Westwood or Waterhouse at him rather than their second choice back row.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "Except we're not discussing Kirke, much as that's your topic du jour.

McGuire missed about five tackles in the first half hour simply because he made no attempt to use the shoulder and went in like a flapping baby bird instead. He then spent the rest of the game hiding in a massive hole, standing and passing (usually to the floor) as soon as he got the ball because he was scared to take on the line.

Simply, his booty fell out when put under pressure. While someone's constant references to him as "biscuit bones" might be inappropriate, his other choice of term ("flat track bully"icon_wink.gif is spot on. No doubt he will look much more interested against Leigh when there will be tries for the taking.

Christ only knows what he would have been like had Warrington been able to run Westwood or Waterhouse at him rather than their second choice back row.'"

McGuire was dire last night it happens - he has been a major contributive in the success of this team over the past ten years. To dismiss him as a fat track bully simply illustrates your inability to understand what you see with your own eyes. He hasn't got the speed anymore to take the line on - neither has his half back partner who was equally dire last night but escapes your attention - as he always does. Him walking on the surface of the River Aire must have real impressed you? Isn't that what he does because there is no other justification for the idolisation you give him based on what has happened on the pitch over the past eighteen months.

I would like to see you out there on the field facing sixteen stones guys running at you - it would be hoped they had several pairs of shorts as you certainly would be needing them!! No player who goes out on field at this level let's their booty fall out - to suggest so is - as Gareth said - a ridiculous comment.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: G1 "Ridiculous comment. There is only one spineless player in this squad and it certainly isn't McGuire.

However, he was shocking, mainly in defence. Can't be too critical of the attack as he was behind a completely outplayed pack but his defence was shocking. If I were to defend him I'd suggest people look at the defender inside him (Moon) and the bizarre decisions he often makes leaving Danny very isolated.

With Sutcliffe at least offering some threat it's time he partnered Sinfield (who wasn't much better but at least he can tackle) in the halves.

And lets cross our fingers Burrow heals quickly and peoiple realise he is the best 7 at the club and should play there.'"

I know you have a strong dislike for Kirke, and I'm not even saying he should stay in the 17 and the club beyond this year (he shouldn't). But calling him spineless is very poor on your behalf. Like you said before when defending anybody who steps onto a rugby pitch, it takes bottle and making 30+ tackles against a good Wire showing hardly lacking in spine......his ability in question yes, spineless.....poor comment.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

I calls it as I see it. Wouldn't use that phrase for any other Leeds player, whether they be good, bad or terrible, Even Joe Vickery had a go. Kirke steals a living.

Don't quote me 30+ tackles like it shows the lump can defend. I saw all I needed to see about his defence when Leeds went 12 nil down. Leaning on 3rd man in 30 times doesn't make him a defensive machine.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "Except we're not discussing Kirke, much as that's your topic du jour.

Simply, his booty fell out when put under pressure. While someone's constant references to him as "biscuit bones" might be inappropriate, his other choice of term ("flat track bully"icon_wink.gif is spot on. No doubt he will look much more interested against Leigh when there will be tries for the taking.

Christ only knows what he would have been like had Warrington been able to run Westwood or Waterhouse at him rather than their second choice back row.'"

Kirke, my topic du jour? I guess you haven't been reading my posts on him four the last five years. I've complained about his pathetic "efforts" for quite some time.

I'm no McGuire fan. It seems his best days are way behind him and I'd prefer to see Burrow, when fit, back at 7. Last night McGuire was truly dreadful (not alone). However, I've never seen the lad put in a "spineless" effort. He was having a dig last night against a well beaten pack. His defence was as bad as it sometimes can be and he wasn't helped by the player inside him.

But spineless, not this Leeds legend.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: G1 "I calls it as I see it. Wouldn't use that phrase for any other Leeds player, whether they be good, bad or terrible, Even Joe Vickery had a go. Kirke steals a living.

Don't quote me 30+ tackles like it shows the lump can defend. I saw all I needed to see about his defence when Leeds went 12 nil down. Leaning on 3rd man in 30 times doesn't make him a defensive machine.'"

Never called him a defensive machine, neither do I think ALL his 30 tackles were as 3rd man.

I'm not, REPEAT NOT, saying he was/or is good enough. But some of what you've come out with is poorer than any effort from Kirke.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg

Meh, I'm sick of watching his lack of effort. It irks me. Often we get by despite his lack of effort causing too much hassle due to the 16 other lads that carry him but last night his worst traits put us squarely in a 12 point hole.

Not saying we would have won without him but even when Wire were busting us every other player showed desire and effort. But not the spineless lump.

I can be rational and objective about every other player. Like Gilder said in his mis=directed comments, I can't abide lack of effort.

84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

13.99267578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
6m
Film game
karetaker
8m