JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: William Eve "I have some sympathy for ThePrinter's views on Tony Smith, even if those views are being used in support of a Pro Brian McDermott agenda.

Tony Smith is always going to be regarded as a hero among most Leeds fans for being the coach in charge when the Holy Grail moment occurred in 2004. Any critique of him is always guaranteed to be challenged quite passionately.

However, the club did underachieve massively in 2005 and 2006 and some of his interviews and facial expressions on TV were becoming increasingly bizarre (just like some of his team selections were). Had Leeds not won that 2007 Grand Final, it would have been extremely difficult to speak of a Tony Smith legacy on the back of 3 unsuccessful seasons in a row.

IIRC, when it was announced in 2007 that Tony Smith was leaving at the end of that season, the opinion of the vast majority on this forum was one of relief and that it was high time for change at the top. Only with the sudden benefit of hindsight did those views suddenly change on the 13th October 2007 at approximately 7

Spot on.

I vividly remember Smith's manic facial contortions after the 2006 CC semi against hudds in particular. Chilling.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

That letter - predicting another season of disappointment for Leeds - highlighted the uneasy relationship Smith has had with a vociferous section of Rhinos' support throughout his four seasons in charge.

Less than three months ago, Smith was subject to some appalling personal abuse after Rhinos slumped to a dismal home defeat by Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.

As early as his second season there were calls for him to be sacked, yet on Saturday evening the fans in Old Trafford's East Stand chanted his name as he handed them the perfect leaving gift, the Engage Super League trophy.'"

- unfit to coach Leeds
- another season of disappointment
- uneasy relationship with sections of the fans throughout his reign
- subject to appalling personal abuse
- calls for him to be sacked

Sounds so familiar

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Sport is a fickle industry, and coaches are judged on results, certainly at the top end. Our last 3 coaches have achieved good results, with at least a title every 2 years.

Any other discussion about whether coach A could have done it with a different set of players is entirely fictional

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9812.gif
:9812.gif

Quote: The Eagle "Sport is a fickle industry, and coaches are judged on results, certainly at the top end. Our last 3 coaches have achieved good results, with at least a title every 2 years.

Any other discussion about whether coach A could have done it with a different set of players is entirely fictional'"

As a 50 year veteran supporter the last 3 coaches all have achieved fantastic results. icon_mrgreen.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "Enough water to fill the pacific ocean passed under the bridge between smith leaving and hudds getting good.'"

The three clubs that Tony Smith has coached in SL have all improved markedly under his control. The mark of a good coach.

No doubt many Leeds fans were initially disappointed when the CEO announced a relative 'no mark' was being appointed to one of the biggest (and most pressured) jobs in RL but he was the type of no-nonsense coach Leeds needed after Powell had steadied the ship and cleared out some of the dead wood post Lance - Powell got them close but he just couldn't get Leeds over the line most notably over the top of Bradford. Under Powell 2 wins from 13 - both within a four month spell in '02 - otherwise a barren wasteland over three full seasons, losing the last seven despite often coming agonisingly close.

Smith arrived and in his first act dropped the hitherto undropable Francis Cummins ending his mammoth run of consecutive appearances in the process. I would say that decision was merited and long overdue but I think Smith would have done it regardless just for the signal it sent out - we're all here to work, places have to be earned, no player gets selected on sentiment. Leeds beat Bradford on six of their next seven meetings - the solitary loss coming in the '04 QSF. Even after a fantastic season of entertaining rugby who among us (at least those old enough to remember the previous 32 years) can honestly say their heart didn't sink at the very real prospect of another potless campaign. Not under this quality coach - the demons were slain two weeks later at Old Trafford and Leeds haven't needed to doubt themselves since.

Of course there will always be an element of looking back through rose-tinted spectacles and I'd be the first to say that Smith didn't get everything right from my point of view but did I care that night at Old Trafford .... did I f***

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: tvoc "
Quote: tvoc "Enough water to fill the pacific ocean passed under the bridge between smith leaving and hudds getting good.'"

The three clubs that Tony Smith has coached in SL have all improved markedly under his control. The mark of a good coach.

No doubt many Leeds fans were initially disappointed when the CEO announced a relative 'no mark' was being appointed to one of the biggest (and most pressured) jobs in RL but he was the type of no-nonsense coach Leeds needed after Powell had steadied the ship and cleared out some of the dead wood post Lance - Powell got them close but he just couldn't get Leeds over the line most notably over the top of Bradford. Under Powell 2 wins from 13 - both within a four month spell in '02 - otherwise a barren wasteland over three full seasons, losing the last seven despite often coming agonisingly close.

Smith arrived and in his first act dropped the hitherto undropable Francis Cummins ending his mammoth run of consecutive appearances in the process. I would say that decision was merited and long overdue but I think Smith would have done it regardless just for the signal it sent out - we're all here to work, places have to be earned, no player gets selected on sentiment. Leeds beat Bradford on six of their next seven meetings - the solitary loss coming in the '04 QSF. Even after a fantastic season of entertaining rugby who among us (at least those old enough to remember the previous 32 years) can honestly say their heart didn't sink at the very real prospect of another potless campaign. Not under this quality coach - the demons were slain two weeks later at Old Trafford and Leeds haven't needed to doubt themselves since.

Of course there will always be an element of looking back through rose-tinted spectacles and I'd be the first to say that Smith didn't get everything right from my point of view but did I care that night at Old Trafford .... did I f***'"

About 18 months into smith's reign things went rapidly west and weren't recovered until weeks before smith was leaving.

It was as if Smith went temporarily insane and went on some vindictive crusade to see how many big games he could get leeds to lose against teams they'd beaten comprehensively, sometimes weeks prior.

Losing the CC final....AND the grand final, in the space of a couple of months after dominating the regular season, even managing to finish second in the regular season. Then 2006 began to reach a climax and who could forget those embarrassing defeats to hudds and warrington (who at that time were poor) in the CC and playoffs respectively. Then in 2007 leeds managed to exit the CC at the earliest opportunity against an average wigan team, drop silly points in a poor league with little competition and fnish second.

At this point leeds had just over 2 years of inconsistent, sometimes bizarre performances and playing poorly/ losing big games. Despite their being little competition at the top, and leeds best players in their prime of life it felt as if leeds were completly throwing away their golden era and their chance of success.

Leeds were offered little in the way of explanation from dictator smith, except for unerving sometimes schizophrenic facial twitches and contortions.

Eventually, it appeared when the team could see light at the end of the tunnel and smiths departure in sight, they rallied in october 2007, brought home the bacon and so with smith's departure, the golden era began.

RankPostsTeam
International Star387No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Smith gets a lot of credit for 2004, and rightly so. But it's important to remember that between then and 2007

- we never finished 1st
- we won 1 WCC and 1 GF
- had progressively worse results in the CC

and signed some amazing players like Shane Millard, Nathan McAvoy & Mark O'Neill.

Since being here, MacDermott has made

Hardaker
Jones-Bishop
Watkins
Singleton
Ward
Clarkson
Sutcliffe

regulars, has added several top players (Aiton, Briscoe, Moon) on a limited budget and has kept us at the top & winning things.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

Quote: Worlds Apart "Smith gets a lot of credit for 2004, and rightly so. But it's important to remember that between then and 2007

- we never finished 1st
- we won 1 WCC and 1 GF
- had progressively worse results in the CC

and signed some amazing players like Shane Millard, Nathan McAvoy & Mark O'Neill.

Since being here, MacDermott has made

Hardaker
Jones-Bishop
Watkins
Singleton
Ward
Clarkson
Sutcliffe

regulars, has added several top players (Aiton, Briscoe, Moon) on a limited budget and has kept us at the top & winning things.'"

Don't forget Griffin, Hauraki, Vickery and Cross.

In the interest of balance.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "It was as if Smith went temporarily insane and went on some vindictive crusade to see how many big games he could get leeds to lose against teams they'd beaten comprehensively, sometimes weeks prior.
'"

Sorry for the edit but I couldn't read all that again.

That sounds terrible and yet despite all that under Smith Leeds won their first title for 32 years, qualified for and won their first WCC, finished top under a divisional structure for the first time, won a second Championship, never finished below 3rd in the Regular Rounds with an average top 2 finish over four campaigns, taking 74% of the points on offer in all comps (McClennan 72%, McDermott 66%), with an average result of 34-17 (McClennan 29-18, McDermott 28-21)

_____

As for the start of the golden era Brian McClennan couldn't really have heaped any more praise on the Smith legacy that he had the good fortune to inherit and maintain.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5848No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9812.gif
:9812.gif

I can recall being stood in the South Stand one evening when Leeds were using the dressing rooms there for some reason so Tony Smith had to walk across the pitch at half time and a huge round of applause went out all around the ground. I have only seen that happen twice before, the last time being David Ward`s last game in charge.

However the seeds of change where planted and the blossoming of a Golden Era perhaps started before his arrival[iGraham Murray joined the Leeds Rhinos as head coach. The turnaround was quick, however, and in 1998 Leeds once again reached a major final, facing Wigan in the inaugural Grand Final, at Old Trafford, Manchester. Leeds lost 10–4 in a tense and very evenly matched game.[33] In 1999 Leeds finally landed the first silverware in a decade, and the first Challenge Cup for over 20 years, with a convincing 52–16 win over London at Wembley in front of a crowd of 73,242.[34][35] Murray signed a deal to coach the North Sydney Bears for the 2000 NRL season and left the club[/i'"

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: thebloodbath "In the interest of balance.'"

Weller Hauraki could and should have been a very good signing for Leeds but for whatever reason McDermott was unable to get the performance out of him that he had shown at Celtic and he continues to display now at Castleford. On Sunday he threw a one handed try-assisting pass that Lauitiiti in his prime would have been proud of.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

Think Hauraki suits being the bigger fish in a smaller pond.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Quote: tvoc "So are you suggesting Brian McDermott makes a better assistant coach than head coach? '"

Only your anti-McDermott agenda would lead you to that conclusion. What I said was quite clear.

Brian McDermott was an excellent assistant coach with his contribution to Tony Smith's success in gaining promotion at Huddersfield and when he came with Smith to Leeds he played a big part in our important Championship success in 2004, the WCC in 2005 and a Grand Final appearance in 2005. Smith was named super league coach of the year in 2005 which also must reflect well on McDermott's contribution.

Quote: tvoc "Smith arrived with very little (bar the use of a shiny stadium) to work with and had to start to rebuild the club from the basement up and a year outside the top flight was an integral part of that journey - one the RFL had denied the lamentable Huddersfield in successive years of propping up the rest. '"

Smith was the coach when Hudderfield were relegated and I believe he still holds the record for a coach managing to keep his job after 13 consecutive defeats. As I said earlier McDermott joined Smith and assisted in gaining promotion.

When McDermott left Leeds for London in July 2006 Leeds form dropped off noticably with, I think, 4 defeats on the trott and a disappointing end to the season being knocked out in the prelim playoffs. No coincidence IMO.

Quote: tvoc "What had Huddersfield, Leeds and Warrington won of late before Tony Smith took control at those three perennial under-achievers?

What did Brian McDermott achieve in London before he took control of a set of Champion players at Leeds? '"

You choose to allow Smith three coaching positions as proof of achievement (two of which crucially he had McDermott as assistant coach) and ignore his poor record with Japan and England and his failure to win a Championship so far at Warrington in five attempts? Whereas McDermott achieved Championship success and Cup Final appearances and a WCC win in his first two years.

McDermott had a difficult time in London as did Smith in his first year at Huddersfield. Most successful people have experienced a lack of success or even some failure in their careers before they earn their success. Indeed this can make them stronger. It must be wonderful for you to have never needed this experience in your own perfect and successful career tvoc.

However McDermott's lack of resources in London cannot be compared fairly with free spending Warrington. But fairness is not your stock in trade when pursuing one of your agendas is it?

Despite his overall lack of success in London McDermott did show his coaching skills as he got them into 4th position in June 2009 with good wins against both Leeds and Warrington. In the final part of this season they dropped down the table but this was I am sure dure to the lack of strength in depth.

McDermott also achieved some success in London in developing young players like McCarthy-Scarsbrook and our own BJB

Now you also made a point of saying McDermott took over a set of Champion players. Did we win the Championship in 2010? I must have missed that!

McDermott in fact took over an ex-champions side with many of the key players past their peak who had performed well below par under the previous coach in 2010. A season which was less succesfull than the 2013 season - which you have been deriding. He took over key players that were on the long term injured list with others badly out of form. Yet he managed to turn the season around and gain an historic Championship victory from 5th place. To repeat this in his second season shows both his metal and his coaching skills.

McDermott has not had the advantage of many top star signings either

Quote: tvoc "He turned Huddersfield around and set them on the path.

Look at where they were before he arrived and look at where they were when he left.

Good coaches tend to leave clubs in a better state than that in which they found them - Smith's legacy is secured at two clubs and it's difficult to see how he won't repeat with his current club. '"

As I have shown you Smith's legacy at two clubs in in part also McDermott's legacy too. Is it five seasons at Warrington without winning a Championship despite heavy recuitment? Whereas McDermott has won 2 Championships in 3 years with key players older and slower than in the Smith era.

I rate Smith as a good coach and I like the way he gets his teams to play. But you should not devalue McDermott's achievements at both Huddersfield and Leeds while assistant coach nor should you underrate his achiements as head coach at Leeds. Make no mistake he is also a very good coach.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

I find that comparing coaches from different seasons is a bit futile really. No two seasons are alike in terms of opposition squads, our own squad, injuries, rule interpretations.

From my point of view the right coaches were brought in at that time. POwell was needed to start the transition from underperforming to being challengers with potential.

Smith took a promising team, and introduced better structures, and tactics and installed a sense of belief, whihc saw them champions. By the 4th season it had become stale and best all round when smith moved on. The GF win in his last game probably took him from being a successful coach that leeds fans will always be grateful to, to being a legendary coach who won not one but 2 titles which has deserted us for 3 decades before.

The squad knew how to play, and what their strengths were, they needed someone who would keep them fresh, and up for the challenge despite their recent success. Delivered results in silverware, though cracks started to appear in year 3, and with the poor end to the year was replaced. I think the appointment of McDermott was required for both a change in focus, but also to get a stricter regime in place. I always got the impression that the senior players ran the team with bluey just pepping them up to get the best out of them. McDermott was brought in to re-intrduce structure and order to things, whilst also seeing the transition of players like Webb, Senior and Ali from the team.

I have not always agreed with everything any of the coahces has done, but I can see they have all added something to the club, and done a pretty good job.

Remember, there have only been 4 years in the last decade where we haven't been champions. And 11 trophies in that time.

However, I agree with the above poster that having the same coach for a long time is not a great idea. I get the feeling that we should be due for a change. Not because McDermott is doing anything particularly wrong (even if I disagree with some approaches), but because to move forward you have to adapt and keep things fresh.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

Good and fair points JC/Eagle.
Whoever came in after Bluey had one of if not the hardest tasks of ALL previous Coaches in that the squad needed to be re-inventing/updating.
What really gets me with our current Coach is how well he has achieved the transition within the back line including over-seeing the arrivals of Moon ,Hardaker and Briscoe but the Pack still remain imo the area in need.
Now to go into further detail Mc.D signed Moore and Griffin gave Amors departure the go ahead and re-signed Kirke and Leuleui.
That imo was wrong all across the board his selections of players clearly injured is verging on the ridiculous and again certain players are picked irrespective of form not just over a couple of games either months at a time.
I've no problem admitting i got it wrong during hsi first season and how he got us performing for back to back GF's and to reach Wembley demand and deserve respect and gratitude but there's still plenty that can and needs to be improved which he is firmly in control of.
Even now lookiing ahead whether it is Mc or someone else they have a hell of a job over-seeing the eventual departures of Sinfield ,JP ,Mags,JJb and Burrow but i think the work should have started in the pack alreadyso when we do lose JP and Jjb that impact is lessened to a certain extent yet at the moment we are still carrying Kylie and Kirke and the enigma that is Bailey.
We could easily see out the year and win the GF it wouldn't surprise me at all and the team are certainly capable of doing it but what then?
I just hope we aren't scratching around trying to replace 2 x Props ,1 BR & one of the golden triangle all at once.

80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.79541015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
weaver93
Recent
Saints h
moto748
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
Recent
Cas
the-bearded-
Recent
Bradford
BigTime
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m
Rumours and signings v9
[Gareth]
2m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
Saints h
moto748
3m
Round 17 Warrington Away
Once were Lo
3m
Wakefield H
Bullseye
3m
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
3m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
the-bearded-
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Once were Lo
TODAY
Saints h
moto748
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
TODAY
Wakefield H
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,902 ↑780,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 12th Jul
NRL 19 Cronulla58-6Wests
SL 17 LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024 8 WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL 17 Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10