Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "maybe he is decidedly average, but if he wasnt he wouldnt be 4/5/6th rotation prop at Leeds, he would be leading the line elsewhere.

maybe not making loads of errors, not being too much of a liability, being a good squad player and a good pro and being steady on the field is the best we can ask for from a 4/5/6 rotation prop on not very high wages.

i'd hazard a guess that if Kirke added running his weight and skittling opposition forwards to his game he would be asking for a lot more money and a lot more game time.'"

He isn't the 4/5/6 rotation prop though is he? where does this come from?

He has been selected every game where he is fit enough to play, sometimes not fit enough to play. This was even when Peacock, Kylie, Bailey, Moore, Griffin, Singleton were all available to play.

He is 4th choice at least, and even then he usually makes the 17 with four other props.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

This particular SL era shall be historically recorded as a truly great one, as evidenced by Ian Kirke's collection of 5 SL rings and Ryan Bailey's collection of half a dozen... with room for several more to yet be collected.

I feel honoured that I was around to witness such greatness.

RankPostsTeam
International Star549No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68506_1348769232.jpg
"He's the best coach I've had... His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none. Since Brian Mac has been in charge, we've been in every final so far. I love playing for him. I can't praise him enough, I've so much respect for him and I hope he's here for a very long time." Kevin Sinfield 29/9/12:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68506.jpg

Quote: William Eve "This particular SL era shall be historically recorded as a truly great one, as evidenced by Ian Kirke's collection of 5 SL rings and Ryan Bailey's collection of half a dozen... with room for several more to yet be collected.

I feel honoured that I was around to witness such greatness.'"

And, in twenty years, when Kirke and Bailey look back on their careers, they'll reflect wistfully: "I wish I'd have spent more of that period posting third-rate sh it on an internet forum..."

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Gotcha "He isn't the 4/5/6 rotation prop though is he? where does this come from?

He has been selected every game where he is fit enough to play, sometimes not fit enough to play. This was even when Peacock, Kylie, Bailey, Moore, Griffin, Singleton were all available to play.

He is 4th choice at least, and even then he usually makes the 17 with four other props.'"

How can you say he isnt 4/5/6 rotation prop then that he is? You arent making sense.

Kirke is behind Peacock, Kylie and Bailey every day of the week. Griffin isnt here, Moore isnt very good and Singleton is very young. If/When Singleton pushes on, Kirke will drop to 5th, if Moore wasnt such a liability he could have knocked Kirke down a spot, if Griffin was half the pro Kirke is he would have knocked him down another.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "How can you say he isnt 4/5/6 rotation prop then that he is? You arent making sense.

Kirke is behind Peacock, Kylie and Bailey every day of the week. Griffin isnt here, Moore isnt very good and Singleton is very young. If/When Singleton pushes on, Kirke will drop to 5th, if Moore wasnt such a liability he could have knocked Kirke down a spot, if Griffin was half the pro Kirke is he would have knocked him down another.'"

So he isn't 5th or 6th choice prop that you stated.

You tried to defend his position by making out he is only playing as he is a squad player and we have a lot of injuries. The point is that is not true, and Kirke is in the 17 each week no matter what. His form has not deserved it, and we have players at the club who put in far more, and would be better taking that spot.

That is the issue with Kirke that posters have posted. There really is no defence as to why he is seemingly guaranteed a spot.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Gotcha "He isn't the 4/5/6 rotation prop though is he? where does this come from?

He is 4th choice at least, and even then he usually makes the 17 with four other props.'"

Well he was 5th choice at the start of 2012 behind Peacock/Leuluai/Bailey/Griffin, highlighted by his non selection in the WCC. He then became 4th when Bailey started at loose when Ablett was moved back to centre (to cover injuries). Obviously didn't work out with the club & Griffin so he stayed at 4th as 2013 began. Now Moore I would suggest has moved ahead of him if he's getting the starts in this recent spell as well as Singleton being the one to start at loose (something I believe they tried with Kirke away to Wakey last year IIRC).

So Griffin not working out & props covering loose in Ablett's absence/centre covering has largely been what has seen Kirke get 4th prop spot. With Singleton establishing himself and the likes of Foster & Sutcliffe (he'll probably end up in the back row upon Sinfield's return) adding to our back row options then I'd say if we get everyone fit I don't think Kirke will make the 17.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Two things. Kirfke has been a regular in the 17 for eight seasons. Eight. Matters not if he's 4th, 3rd or 1st choice. He's a forward in the 17.Everyone in the 17 should have something to contribute. Kylie has spent time coming off the bench whilst at Leeds. It matters not in the modern game if you start on the field or on the bench.It is a myth that he is a "squad player".

Secondly, nobody knows that he earns very little. He has been a first teamer for 8 seasons and recently has drawn interest from the Bulls and Wakefield. I suspect he is on considerably more than the likes of Singleton etc.

A squad player should ideally be someone with aspirations to displace the incumbent. Juniors like Sutcliffe or players signed like Hardaker signed from the Championship. Kirke's aspirations are limited to giving JP a breather.

It sums up Kirke that the best his defenders can come up with is that he may be cheap and he's a squad player. The former is likely to be false and the latter certainly is.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16733.gif
:16733.gif

Wish I had under achieved as much at rugby :-p

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: G1 "Two things. Kirfke has been a regular in the 17 for eight seasons. Eight. Matters not if he's 4th, 3rd or 1st choice. He's a forward in the 17.Everyone in the 17 should have something to contribute. Kylie has spent time coming off the bench whilst at Leeds. It matters not in the modern game if you start on the field or on the bench.It is a myth that he is a "squad player".

Secondly, nobody knows that he earns very little. He has been a first teamer for 8 seasons and recently has drawn interest from the Bulls and Wakefield. I suspect he is on considerably more than the likes of Singleton etc.

A squad player should ideally be someone with aspirations to displace the incumbent. Juniors like Sutcliffe or players signed like Hardaker signed from the Championship. Kirke's aspirations are limited to giving JP a breather.

It sums up Kirke that the best his defenders can come up with is that he may be cheap and he's a squad player. The former is likely to be false and the latter certainly is.'"

Gareth mate - he HAS to be cheap. There's no other logical explanation. The ONLY reason he gets a shirt has to be because he's getting paid 12 pence a week. There can be no other reason.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: G1 "Two things. Kirfke has been a regular in the 17 for eight seasons. Eight. Matters not if he's 4th, 3rd or 1st choice. He's a forward in the 17.Everyone in the 17 should have something to contribute. Kylie has spent time coming off the bench whilst at Leeds. It matters not in the modern game if you start on the field or on the bench.It is a myth that he is a "squad player".

It sums up Kirke that the best his defenders can come up with is that he may be cheap and he's a squad player. The former is likely to be false and the latter certainly is.'"

He is a first team player, but he is not a leading player. You cannot have 4 top props on your books. The slaary cap won't allow it, unless you have gash backs.

In terms of contribution you seem to only watch the side of the game where Leeds have the ball. And yes, he is poor to woeful in this area, especially for a man of his size.Howveer, when we are defending his workrate is good, not just in making one up tackles, but being a second or third man in others which allows us to control the tackler get him onto his back and make the PTB slow.

In terms of money, he will almost definitely be on more than Singleton, but thats because he has continued to be part of the squad. He won't be on loads of money, because Leeds have a rigid pay structure, and he's never even got close to any sort of international honours.

You may think that all players may want to oust their rivals from a shirt, but they will also be realistic. Kirke is not capable of what Peacock does, and never will do. There's barely anyone in Super League that can do. I also don't know that he's ever said he's content to give Peacock a breather, although I'm sure you'll have a link somewhere. Also, from a Salary Cap planning point of view, I would say that having a few players who have a glass ceiling in terms of talent is not a bad thing. They are limited but solid enough and will be fairly constant in terms of money.

Overall, I would agree with your comments that he is lucky to be part of such a sucessful club, and on what we see on the pitch there are other people who could fill that spot in SL, however, his type of player, especially in the forwards, are in all of the top sides because the salary cap demands it.

We have a squad that the highest people at the club acknowledge is in part down to getting the best out of the cap, and I don't see why you can't see that Kirke is a part of that.

I'd rather of had a James Graham or a Sam Burgess in our front row these last few years, but not if it meant having Danny Orr instead of McGuire

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

With Kylie and Bails out for a run....been a good chance for Kirke to step up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star798
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: joshua102 "Wish I had under achieved as much at rugby

I'll second that

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: The Eagle "He is a first team player, but he is not a leading player. You cannot have 4 top props on your books. The slaary cap won't allow it, unless you have gash backs.

In terms of contribution you seem to only watch the side of the game where Leeds have the ball. And yes, he is poor to woeful in this area, especially for a man of his size.Howveer, when we are defending his workrate is good, not just in making one up tackles, but being a second or third man in others which allows us to control the tackler get him onto his back and make the PTB slow.

In terms of money, he will almost definitely be on more than Singleton, but thats because he has continued to be part of the squad. He won't be on loads of money, because Leeds have a rigid pay structure, and he's never even got close to any sort of international honours.

You may think that all players may want to oust their rivals from a shirt, but they will also be realistic. Kirke is not capable of what Peacock does, and never will do. There's barely anyone in Super League that can do. I also don't know that he's ever said he's content to give Peacock a breather, although I'm sure you'll have a link somewhere. Also, from a Salary Cap planning point of view, I would say that having a few players who have a glass ceiling in terms of talent is not a bad thing. They are limited but solid enough and will be fairly constant in terms of money.

Overall, I would agree with your comments that he is lucky to be part of such a sucessful club, and on what we see on the pitch there are other people who could fill that spot in SL, however, his type of player, especially in the forwards, are in all of the top sides because the salary cap demands it.

We have a squad that the highest people at the club acknowledge is in part down to getting the best out of the cap, and I don't see why you can't see that Kirke is a part of that.

I'd rather of had a James Graham or a Sam Burgess in our front row these last few years, but not if it meant having Danny Orr instead of McGuire'"

I take all that on board and accept much of it.

I'd say he's adequate to good at Defending though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

I think a bit of balance is required here. I have already posted my disappointment at Kirke's ineffective go-forward display against Warrington.

But on the plus side he made the 3rd most tackles for Leeds with 36 and it should also be pointed out his big improvement in the metre making department this season. He ranks as the best forward for metres per carry of the regulars averaging 7.4 metres per carry with Bailey the last placed forward with 5.4 metres per carry. He has made more tackles, more busts, more marker tackles than Kylie who has been in good form. So it would seem he does a reliable job for his coach and we should remember too he did not want to move into the front row and much prefers the second row.

I view him very much in the same way as Bailey. Both good, solid reliable defenders who are better in the back row running wide but are proven to do a good defensive job around the ruck area as a prop. IMO Kirke has got a new contract because he has shown a real improvement this year in his go forward game. Last Friday he fell back to the his former Bailey type level icon_wink.gif

MHL
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/3443-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg
:icons15f0_files/3443-1022jacare-msnicons.jpg

The problem with kirke is not his skill or lack of skill its the effort he shows in games. Take Delaney for example, the difference in skill between Delaney and kirke is pretty small but what makes Delaney a good player and liked by most fans is the effort he puts in every week. I can't remember a game in the past few years where Delaney hasn't looked fooked mid way through the game but carries on put his body on the line for the team, where as I can't recall a game where kirke has ever looked tired. He comes off most games looking as fresh as he went on and this is where the issue lies. 36 tackles last week if a fair efforts from him and he may well of been knackered but again he looked fresh which leaves you questioning whether he could have taken more carries and made more tackles.

142 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
142 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.59814453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
IMG scores
PopTart
15s
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
21s
Recruitment rumours and links
Howfenwire
22s
RD 25 Hull FC H
ploinerrhino
32s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
34s
Accounts
faxcar
35s
Todays match v Saints
Alffi_7
38s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Armavinit
42s
George Williams
Howfenwire
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Play-offs
Septimius Se
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
workforce11
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Alffi_7
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
RobRiches
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,820 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20