OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "In what way?

Admittedly if I selected 17 rugby players every week, my boss might question whether that was a constructive use of my time, but in more general terms I can't see much in McDermott's conduct that would get me the sack. I find it quite difficult to find a direct analog for losing at home to Wigan in my job.'"

I think what Fallon was trying to get at is if you were a department head (for example) and were to massively under perform against your expected KPI's then it should be you held responsible for your departments performance and not to criticise the people under you.

If you ran a large company like that you'd have a load of untouchable managers and a massive turnover of ground level staff. You'd also go out of business very quickly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bloke turned up today to replace my front door.

He was wearing a Wigan shirt.

I said [i"Excellent. I wanted a new door that's secure. If you'd turned up in a Rhinos shirt, I'd have realised right away that I was getting a turnstile instead"[/i.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4461
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis84.gif
[quote="Hail Stewie Griffin":vg3vzgr8] All dumbies those Irish folk [/quote:vg3vzgr8] So you've met my wife:disney1/Dis84.gif

hopefully the veiled threat here is his backing that players need to up their attitude and performance.
If not it backs Mcdermotts licence to use the fringe players /youngsters. if these show they can realise their potential then the senior players will fall down the pecking order and will be fringe players /paid off /let go for next season.

All this theory is based on the assumption that Mcdermott will blood the promising young players towards the end of the season if the senior players don't buck up over the next 2/3 games. This gives McDermott the backing h needs, if he doesn't use the opportunity then I think GH will turn his comments on their head and remove some of the blame fro the players to the coach.

either way there will probably be player casualties at the end of the season and possibly coaching casualties.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4461
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis84.gif
[quote="Hail Stewie Griffin":vg3vzgr8] All dumbies those Irish folk [/quote:vg3vzgr8] So you've met my wife:disney1/Dis84.gif

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Bloke turned up today to replace my front door.

I said [i"Excellent. I wanted a new door that's secure. If you'd turned up in a Rhinos shirt, I'd have realised right away that I was getting a turnstile instead"[/i.'"

it's a good job he wasn't wearing a St helens shirt then.
Does the door come with a guarantee that it will last during the tougher autumn rather than just look good during the pleasanter summer months?

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: El Diablo "
Admittedly if I selected 17 rugby players every week, my boss might question whether that was a constructive use of my time, '"

I came into the office today with some pads and made the girls do tackling drills in their underwear. I can't think of a more constructive use of my time.

I have my own reserved spot these days at the Employment Tribunal.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: Fat Boy "I think what Fallon was trying to get at is if you were a department head (for example) and were to massively under perform against your expected KPI's then it should be you held responsible for your departments performance and not to criticise the people under you.

If you ran a large company like that you'd have a load of untouchable managers and a massive turnover of ground level staff. You'd also go out of business very quickly.'"

I see what you're saying, but I'm generally judged by my department's performance at the end of a reporting period, not the end of every week or month. I appreciate that is different in some jobs. McDermott ended the last reporting period with a big shiny trophy. So if he had my job, he'd have kept it. I guess he might not have remained in charge in some environments.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12106No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10393.jpg
OBN Wannabe:10393.jpg

Quote: G1 "I came into the office today with some pads and made the girls do tackling drills in their underwear. I can't think of a more constructive use of my time.

I have my own reserved spot these days at the Employment Tribunal.'"

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: Fat Boy "
Quote: Fat Boy "In what way?

Admittedly if I selected 17 rugby players every week, my boss might question whether that was a constructive use of my time, but in more general terms I can't see much in McDermott's conduct that would get me the sack. I find it quite difficult to find a direct analog for losing at home to Wigan in my job.'"

I think what Fallon was trying to get at is if you were a department head (for example) and were to massively under perform against your expected KPI's then it should be you held responsible for your departments performance and not to criticise the people under you.

'"

And how do you know what his KPIs are?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Bloke turned up today to replace my front door.

I said [i"Excellent. I wanted a new door that's secure. If you'd turned up in a Rhinos shirt, I'd have realised right away that I was getting a turnstile instead"[/i.'"

Hope you didn't pay too much for your door, or you'll have to sell your house and move in as someone's tenant.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11658
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: The Eagle "And how do you know what his KPIs are?'"

I don't - I was just expanding on an analogy. It wasn't a literal comparison.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9530
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1157.jpg
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.:1157.jpg

One question. If GH is actually right and we do need a "major overhaul" for next season, where are we going to find the players at this stage of the current season? All the OoC ones worth having will either be kept by their current club, or go to the highest bidder if they leave their current club, and the overseas network is effectively cut off now due to SC increase and FX rate.

It's been a long time since we spent real money not pocket money in the transfer market.

If the answer GH is planning is to utilise the juniors and recall loan players, then why not do it now? Looks to me like he is actually setting BMD up, not helping him...

On an unrelated note, see that not one of our overseas players has made the cut for the Exiles squad, another ringing endorsement of our current overseas batch.

Uurggh I must have been talking to Keith Swiftcorn too long, all this negativity is getting me down.... icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52486_1283159496.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52486.jpg

GH is playing mindgames with the squad, the only serious way to kick a few up the is to drop them from the team.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If GH is being real, it's a difficult one. It's a real difficult one. This is not a black and white issue.

Let's say this season doesn't improve from it's current state and tails off, we make no major finals, play poorly and go out swiftly from the playoffs.

This would surely prompt the overhaul gh speaks of, but who?

And who would the replacements be?

For the last 8 years we've had so much stability, with rarely more then 1/2 changes to the likely first choice 17 each season and a change of coach every few years.

The next off season, if nothing else potentially promises to be extremly interesting and who knows, a a few big changes may just be what we need to get back in the top 2.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: batleyrhino "On an unrelated note, see that not one of our overseas players has made the cut for the Exiles squad, another ringing endorsement of our current overseas batch.

Uurggh I must have been talking to Keith Swiftcorn too long, all this negativity is getting me down.... You must have negatively mistaken me for someone else.

I'm confident Leeds will finish high enough on the SL ladder to ensure an easy home game in week 1 of the play-offs. I don't think they'll finish 7th, 8th or outside the 8 completely, nor do I believe they'll get hammered by 50 points in the CC Semi final as fact, end of.

In fact I'm so confident that I may purchase a flat-track half-season ticket as I don't want to miss players like McGuire bossing things the way they know best. In return for my show of faith, loyalty and willingness to stick my hand in my pocket to benefit the club, I expect them to accommodate me by arranging a premium cushioned reclining seat in the North Stand complete with optimal panoramic views and a waiter on hand to collect my food and drink orders.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4979
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27794.gif
[b:1zy5cey6]"...To those people that wrote this team off... to all those that criticised this team... tonight's for you" [/b:1zy5cey6] [i:1zy5cey6]Sir Kevin Sinfield[/i:1zy5cey6]:27794.gif

I hope that the current under performing first teamers are looking more over their shoulders for some of their possible replacements than at other players from outside our squad

Ward and Singleton are ready for first team action each week without a doubt and there's also quite a few more that arn't that far off stepping up given the chance

72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.10986328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Captain Hook
14m
Grand final Tickets
muttywhitedo
14m