May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Actually the speed of the game was one of only two worries I had from watching the game. I hope Leeds are flexible enough to adapt to a slower-paced game - if I were either Sts or Wigan slowing us down would be one of the main aims in the GF.

The other worry was that for the second week in a row we let in a soft try up the middle after the ball had gone to our right and was then moved quickly across the field. against Hudds it led to a wlk-in, against Wire Briers only needed an inside runner to carve us up.

BTW, one thing that people (IMO) ought to allow for on here is opinions changing. I don't think its hypocritical at all to have really questioned BM's performances this year (including asking whether he should be replaced), and yet to now be happy to keep him. All we average fans can do is judge by what we see on the field after all.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Self praise indeed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

Well said BR we all want a decent team and performances afterall.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53248_1287743010.gif
[quote="Harrigan":2spn4cnp]Is there an off switch on Remarkable_Rhino?[/quote:2spn4cnp] [quote="Swarcliffe Rhino":2spn4cnp]No.[/quote:2spn4cnp] [quote="G1":2spn4cnp]Remarkable Rhino posts something that makes sense shocker![/quote:2spn4cnp]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53248.gif

Quote: tvoc "Sounds alot like the club CEO patting himself on the back after making a risky, cheap appointment.

The win at the Halliwell Jones was definitely unexpected (although not unprecedented) but to describe any semi-final win (after catching Warrington on a bit of an off day - as were Leeds at times also) as their finest hour is perhaps a little over the top.'"

This.

I'm afraid my blue and amber glasses have clearly been sat on. Winning the GF or not, this has been one of the least enjoyable season I've had to endure in recent years, and beating Warrington away (by 2 points I might add) isn't going to change that. I would MUCH rather have enjoyed the 27 weekly rounds and suffer the heartache of losing in a semi, than watched 27 weeks of dross to win one match.

And the play off system is poor. And I'm sorry, but as much as I enjoyed our Champion performance last week, and as much as I'd enjoy a Champion performance on Saturday... I think it's embarrassing that there's a chance we could be called "Champions" for playing like champions in 6.66% of our matches (2 in 30!!).

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Remarkable_Rhinos "This.

I'm afraid my blue and amber glasses have clearly been sat on. Winning the GF or not, this has been one of the least enjoyable season I've had to endure in recent years, and beating Warrington away (by 2 points I might add) isn't going to change that. I would MUCH rather have enjoyed the 27 weekly rounds and suffer the heartache of losing in a semi, than watched 27 weeks of dross to win one match.

And the play off system is poor. And I'm sorry, but as much as I enjoyed our Champion performance last week, and as much as I'd enjoy a Champion performance on Saturday... I think it's embarrassing that there's a chance we could be called "Champions" for playing like champions in 6.66% of our matches (2 in 30!!).'"

I could not disagree with you any more vehemently. I think your views are dated and bertter suited to primary school sports day then professional sports. "It's not the winning, it's the taking part". Pah! It's all about winning.

If we win on Saturday it will be one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had to endure.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: G1 "I could not disagree with you any more vehemently. I think your views are dated and bertter suited to primary school sports day then professional sports. "It's not the winning, it's the taking part". Pah! It's all about winning.

If we win on Saturday it will be one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had to endure.'"

Surely you can't really have meant to use the word enjoyable?

Memorable, absolutely if we win on saturday. Enjoyable achievement, absolutely if we win on saturday. But the whole season?

It's been our lowest scoring season for how many years? And worst defensive season for how many years? That is not something that would usually be associated with enjoyable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3224
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17505_1301920246.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17505.jpg

No No Gareth!

We are mediocre icon_biggrin.gif

I'm just orft for a trawl around the market for some sackcloth and a bucket of ashes....

RankPostsTeam
International Star2342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53248_1287743010.gif
[quote="Harrigan":2spn4cnp]Is there an off switch on Remarkable_Rhino?[/quote:2spn4cnp] [quote="Swarcliffe Rhino":2spn4cnp]No.[/quote:2spn4cnp] [quote="G1":2spn4cnp]Remarkable Rhino posts something that makes sense shocker![/quote:2spn4cnp]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53248.gif

Quote: Gotcha "Surely you can't really have meant to use the word enjoyable?

Memorable, absolutely if we win on saturday. Enjoyable achievement, absolutely if we win on saturday. But the whole season?

It's been our lowest scoring season for how many years? And worst defensive season for how many years? That is not something that would usually be associated with enjoyable.'"

This.

Gareth, I don't mean that I don't want to win. I do. I'd love to win. And I'd be proud of us for winning. But I would also be embarrassed by the manor in which we won. We're always going to disagree on this, and that's fine. But this entire season we've played like Champions for ONE match. To win it, you'd expect we'd have to make that two. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy being Champions. I would. But I find that embarrassing. I'm sure there are other who agree with me. Just like I'm also sure there are plenty more that don't.

I know the system allows a win from 5th, and that we can only play the game that's put in front of us. But that doesn't make it right. If we'd been there or thereabouts all season, then fine. I don't have a problem with people winning from 2nd, or 3rd etc. But for a team (us!) to be so far out of contention when looking at the best teams all year to then be called Champions after winning two matches, is embarrassing, and whilst I would enjoy being Champions again, and it would be an achievement, I certainly wouldn't be bragging about it or taunting Warrington/Wigan/Saints fans with our achievements.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53248_1287743010.gif

Quote: BillyRhino "No No Gareth!

We are mediocre

But we are mediocre?!

All that crap we've been giving Wigan fans all year about letting the success go to their heads and they won the title!!! We've beaten Warrington away and all of a sudden everybody has forgotten how God awful we've been ALL YEAR.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2093No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Jul 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: G1 "I could not disagree with you any more vehemently. I think your views are dated and bertter suited to primary school sports day then professional sports. "It's not the winning, it's the taking part". Pah! It's all about winning.

If we win on Saturday it will be one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had to endure.'"

The difference is that you are speaking like a coach and not a fan. A fan wants to see us play well and win.

I have spent most of this season coming away from HQ very disappointed. Not even because of the results but becuase of how badly we have performed. To a degree I can except losing if we at elast player well but were just out played.

As Ive said on another thread, the record books will only care about whether we win or not on Saturday, but as a fan there is much to it then just that, at least there is for me.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53248_1287743010.gif

Quote: Fallon "The difference is that you are speaking like a coach and not a fan. A fan wants to see us play well and win.

I have spent most of this season coming away from HQ very disappointed. Not even because of the results but becuase of how badly we have performed. To a degree I can except losing if we at elast player well but were just out played.

As Ive said on another thread, the record books will only care about whether we win or not on Saturday, but as a fan there is much to it then just that, at least there is for me.'"

Yes. Thank you. Me too.

It's not that I don't want to win, it's just there's more to it than that. Whatever the record books say, or is printed on Sunday morning... it is NOT just about Saturday for me.

If you told me that we'd win the Grand Final every year for the next 5 years, but for the 27 rounds play like we have done this year I wouldn't think... "Whoooo! Champions 5 years in a row!!!". I'd rather play well, enjoy the season, and lose in a good match to a good side in the semis (exactly like Warrington & Wigan have done this year!), than win the GF from 5th after a poor season every year.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Remarkable_Rhinos "This.

'"

I can't articulate how much I disagree with this.

If the team complete the job on saturday evening it will be one of my most triumphant moments supporting the club. Sure some of the thrashings and poor performances were hard to endure, but that's what makes this late run so unexpected and so enjoyable.

I can't think of a bigger anti climax, or anything more dissapointing than being awesome for 27 rounds only to fall at the last hurdle. Imagine in 2004 losing that final eliminator game against wigan and going home empty handed?

Sport is about WINNING. That's what history remembers. history won't remember we copped a thrashing from catalns mid way through the season.

But if we win on saturday, what history will remember is that We claimed our 5th super league title, from 5th place in the table.

It will be one of our finest hours. The roller coaster ride of this season has been awesome.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53248_1287743010.gif

Quote: Wilbred T Pricklepop "I can't articulate how much I disagree with this.

If the team complete the job on saturday evening it will be one of my most triumphant moments supporting the club. Sure some of the thrashings and poor performances were hard to endure, but that's what makes this late run so unexpected and so enjoyable.

I can't think of a bigger anti climax, or anything more dissapointing than being awesome for 27 rounds only to fall at the last hurdle. Imagine in 2004 losing that final eliminator game against wigan and going home empty handed?

Sport is about WINNING. That's what history remembers. history won't remember we copped a thrashing from catalns mid way through the season.

But if we win on saturday, what history will remember is that We claimed our 5th super league title, from 5th place in the table.

It will be one of our finest hours. The roller coaster ride of this season has been awesome.'"

I don't care what "history" remembers. I care what I remember. I remember a 2,000 mile round trip to watch that dross.

I'm sure to the people that have taken a mild interest, attended the odd games, watched a few on TV, etc would perhaps be happy with just winning the Grand Final.

If this whole season was £31 and 80 minutes, then fine. Let's all celebrate together. But it's not. It's thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours. And I want to enjoy that time and money. Not just the last two matches of it.

rpw
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g22.gif
GWMC for the Cas n District Snooker League Title....!!! Up the workies !!:Others/g22.gif

Quote: Remarkable_Rhinos "Yes. Thank you. Me too.

It's not that I don't want to win, it's just there's more to it than that. Whatever the record books say, or is printed on Sunday morning... it is NOT just about Saturday for me.

If you told me that we'd win the Grand Final every year for the next 5 years, but for the 27 rounds play like we have done this year I wouldn't think... "Whoooo! Champions 5 years in a row!!!". I'd rather play well, enjoy the season, and lose in a good match to a good side in the semis (exactly like Warrington & Wigan have done this year!), than win the GF from 5th after a poor season every year.'"

Can't beleive what ive read from you... you really would rather win nothing but play well most weeks than be inconsistant and become champions??? icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

I'm sorry but this is what the playoffs are all about at the end of the day. Superleague will hopefully get to a stage where no one really hammers teams every week, and there's some unpredictability to it week in week out.

Leeds have been poor at time this season by our recent standards and there are issues re recruitment for next season at the moment, but if we win on saturday at the end of the day it would be an incredible acheivement and we all should be proud, in fact we should be proud that we've got to the GF. Playoffs are about form, and playing well when it counts.... something we are masters of.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53248_1287743010.gif

There two very different schools of thought. I understand that. And we're probably never going to agree.

It's like this....

You book a 3 week holiday. It costs you thousands. It's awful. The hotel is sub-standard and crawling with bugs, there's no food that you like, you pick up a stomach bug, spend the whole time throwing up. Nobody speaks English, your laptop is stolen from your room, you get mugged and spending money is taken, the bar in the hotel closes at 7 every night, there's nothing to see or do or enjoy. Basically, you have a really really really crap time for 19 days.

On the 20th day, your complaints to the holiday company kick in, and you're transferred to a 7* hotel for the last two nights. You're totally and utterly pampered and spoiled, free food, free drink, and flown home first class.

Is that:
The best holiday of your life?
The worst holiday of your life?
Bit of both?

Would you do the 19 nights of hell again to enjoy the 2 nights pampering and free food/drink?

I suspect that some would, and some wouldn't. And it's just going to be one of those things that people don't agree on.

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

7.73681640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
4m
Remember in 2017
wotsupcas
5m