JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: Superted "But in the real world, none of these things are likely to lead to positive discrimination taking place - sexual orientation can and does lead to both negative and positive discrimination... It's quite plausible for an organisation to give preferential treatment to show that they're not being discriminative - unfortunately that's the world we live in currently - the 'walk on eggshells' world where imbeciles like Smokey claim discrimination at the drop of a hat....'"

And can those alleging that has what's taken place in the case of Child prove it?

No, they can't.

Yet they will ask others to disprove it, and in the absence of anything to the contrary will scream that it's clearly the truth.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Superted "But in the real world, none of these things are likely to lead to positive discrimination taking place - sexual orientation can and does lead to both negative and positive discrimination... It's quite plausible for an organisation to give preferential treatment to show that they're not being discriminative - unfortunately that's the world we live in currently - the 'walk on eggshells' world where imbeciles like Smokey claim discrimination at the drop of a hat....'"

It isn't. Your premise is not plausible. It is not plausible that James Child gets the games he is given, is still a full time referee, or whatever the allegation wiggled to next, because of his sexuality. The lack of plausibility of such a thing requires strong evidence. That you think you may have anecdotal evidence of it happening does not mean A) it is such a regular occurrence that we can assume it a possibility with no further evidence or B) it is a plausible scenario in this case.

You aren't having to walk on eggshells at all. That is a pathetic argument. What you can't do, thankfully, is claim that a mans job and his achievements are not owned by him but because of his sexuality without good and convincing evidence. Because to do so is discrimination. That you think you no longer being able to make such accusations without good evidence is a bad thing says an awful lot about you. That you think YOU are the victim here by no longer being able to level baseless accusations says even more.

That both you and The Printer see positive discrimination as a scourge society needs protection from simply highlights the privilege you don't even know you have, and the privileged position from which you aren't even aware you are speaking.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: SmokeyTA "You see this paragraph here. It responds to nothing at all in the paragraph you quoted. That's because it isn't a response. Its your attempt to distract people.

No. Do you know the difference between falsifiable arguments and unfalsifiable arguments? Look it up and it will educate you to the childish fallacy you have fallen in to. It is impossible for me to prove it wrong because what you have made is an unfalsifiable argument. There is no evidence possible, no test, to statement, no number of confirming observations possible that could prove it. Even if we observed every single thing the RFL and James Child had ever done, it still wouldn't prove the negative you are not only asking for proof for, but using that absence of proof as an argument in your favour.

That is why it is incumbent on you to prove your allegation or retract it.

An example of the silliness of your argument is the famous argument called Russell's teapot. I could claim that there is a giant teapot somewhere orbiting the earth. You cannot disprove that. There is no level of evidence that you could create that would disprove that. Yet it would be idiotic for any of us to believe that it exists.'"

True, you couldn't disprove it. So you couldn't sit there and say it's not possible........however you are saying Child being positively discriminated is not possible.

Quote: SmokeyTA "The fact he has a beard is known
the fact he is called James is known
the fact he has a birthday in July is known
the fact he is 32 years old is known
the fact he is a member of the Dewsbury and Batley referees society is known
the fact he a Super League referee is known
the fact he is a chartered surveyer is known

in fact we actually have real and tangible evidence of these things, far more proof than we have that he is even actually a homosexual.

That these things are known does not mean that it is reasonable to assume any of them have any effect on his appointments.'"

Yes but someone's name being James or being born in July has never had an influence in the way someone could be treated. Homosexuality has a proven history of discrimination in the workplace, mostly negatively but only you have your head in the clouds to think it doesn't happen positively.

To put sexuality on a par with a month of the year or a first name with potentially influencing how an employer could act is showing gross lack of knowledge on your part and living in a dream world of sunshine and rainbows that has no resemblance to the actual real world.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Andy Gilder "And can those alleging that has what's taken place in the case of Child prove it?

No, they can't.

Yet they will ask others to disprove it, and in the absence of anything to the contrary will scream that it's clearly the truth.'"

But for the 57th time for the hard of reading.......I'VE NOT SAID IT'S CLEARLY THE TRUTH.

Dumbasses can't tell the difference between what an opinion is and what a fact is.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "That both you and The Printer see positive discrimination as a scourge society needs protection from simply highlights the privilege you don't even know you have, and the privileged position from which you aren't even aware you are speaking.'"

It's not a "scourge of society" but neither is it just ok.

What would your opinion be if you went for a job and they offered it to a black man because they wanted to look inclusive, yet you were a ten times more qualified and suitable candidate?

Would you just toddle off home and say "oh well that's ok"......would you have been treated equal? Would the black man have been judged solely on his ability instead of his skin colour?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: ThePrinter "True, you couldn't disprove it. So you couldn't sit there and say it's not possible........however you are saying Child being positively discriminated is not possible.
'"
yes numbnuts, because as has just been explained in great depth to you. It would be idiotic for us to assume unfalsifiable arguments we cannot disprove are true. It is incumbent on those making the arguments to prove them. Something you have singularly and fairly spectacularly been unable to do despite over 30 pages of opportunity.

Quote: ThePrinter "Yes but someone's name being James or being born in July has never had an influence in the way someone could be treated. Homosexuality has a proven history of discrimination in the workplace, mostly negatively but only you have your head in the clouds to think it doesn't happen positively.

To put sexuality on a par with a month of the year or a first name with potentially influencing how an employer could act is showing gross lack of knowledge on your part and living in a dream world of sunshine and rainbows that has no resemblance to the actual real world.'"

Uh oh, looks like you fell in to the not very subtly laid trap.

It is demonstrably and statistically proven that children born in the summer have less involvement within elite sport. RAE or the Relative Age Effect is a statistically significant correlation between the month of birth and participation in elite sport.

It has such an effect that our very own Jamie Jones-Buchanan has argued clearly and eruditely of the disadvantages he was subject due to his birth date being the 1st of August. Even to the point where he has argued that it is imperative that we change our youth structures to divide youngsters by height and weight and not by birthdate (whats that I hear, an action requiring uneven effort to promote equality)

There is a clear and proven statistical correlation, in our game, between birthdate and chances of participating the top levels of our game.

bit of supporting evidence for you ( I know that's a dirty word for you)

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18891749

Perhaps this is positive discrimination due to birthdate?
Quote: ThePrinter "True, you couldn't disprove it. So you couldn't sit there and say it's not possible........however you are saying Child being positively discriminated is not possible.
'"
yes numbnuts, because as has just been explained in great depth to you. It would be idiotic for us to assume unfalsifiable arguments we cannot disprove are true. It is incumbent on those making the arguments to prove them. Something you have singularly and fairly spectacularly been unable to do despite over 30 pages of opportunity.

Quote: ThePrinter "Yes but someone's name being James or being born in July has never had an influence in the way someone could be treated. Homosexuality has a proven history of discrimination in the workplace, mostly negatively but only you have your head in the clouds to think it doesn't happen positively.

To put sexuality on a par with a month of the year or a first name with potentially influencing how an employer could act is showing gross lack of knowledge on your part and living in a dream world of sunshine and rainbows that has no resemblance to the actual real world.'"

It is demonstrably and statistically proven that children born in the summer have less involvement within elite sport. RAE or the Relative Age Effect is a statistically significant correlation between the month of birth and participation in elite sport.

It has such an effect that our very own Jamie Jones-Buchanan has argued clearly and eruditely of the disadvantages he was subject due to his birth date being the 1st of August. Even to the point where he has argued that it is imperative that we change our youth structures to divide youngsters by height and weight and not by birthdate (whats that I hear, an action requiring uneven effort to promote equality)

There is a clear and proven statistical correlation, in our game, between birthdate and chances of participating the top levels of our game.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18891749

Perhaps this is positive discrimination due to birthdate?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ThePrinter "It's not a "scourge of society" but neither is it just ok.

What would your opinion be if you went for a job and they offered it to a black man because they wanted to look inclusive, yet you were a ten times more qualified and suitable candidate?

Would you just toddle off home and say "oh well that's ok"......would you have been treated equal? Would the black man have been judged solely on his ability instead of his skin colour?'"
Such a thing would be illegal.

also if such a thing were to happen (which it doesn't with any kind of regularity because well...such a thing is illegal) how am I supposed to know I am ten times more qualified than said black man? How am I to know he has been employed solely on his skin colour?

Am I to assume this was the case? Because I would require some pretty strong evidence that such a thing had happened before I decided that this person had been employed over me on the colour of his skin.

Especially as it is, unfortunately, far far far more likely that I would get the job instead of him because of his skin colour.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "yes numbnuts, because as has just been explained in great depth to you. It would be idiotic for us to assume unfalsifiable arguments we cannot disprove are true. It is incumbent on those making the arguments to prove them. Something you have singularly and fairly spectacularly been unable to do despite over 30 pages of opportunity.

You haven't set a trap (you're obsessed with trying to convince yourself you've set traps and caught us out)

You've just continued to embarrass yourself by again trying to put sexuality/race/gender on a par with a month of the year in how people view and treat them. Can't recall ever seeing a July Pride March.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ThePrinter "You haven't set a trap (you're obsessed with trying to convince yourself you've set traps and caught us out)

You've just continued to embarrass yourself by again trying to put sexuality/race/gender on a par with a month of the year in how people view and treat them. Can't recall ever seeing a July Pride March.'"

What has Pride got to do with anything?

I haven't put them on par at all. I haven't commented on the relative importance of any of them. Why are you now bringing race and gender in to it? I haven't mentioned race or gender, according to you when people bring in other examples it is because they cant make the opposite argument.

What I have done is shown you that there is clear and obvious discrimination by elite sport against those born in the summer months. I have shown you examples of where positive action to address this in our own sport has been suggested by a respected figure within our game.

I have in fact proven the things you have relied on hearsay for. I have in fact met a far higher standard of evidence than you have.

At this point, your logic states that it is now up to you to prove my claim false, or accept it is true.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "I haven't put them on par at all. I haven't commented on the relative importance of any of them.'"

You have though. You've continuously said on the thread that it is JUST AS LIKELY to be one of these "million other reasons" than it being because of homosexuality. That's putting them on a par, when realistically anybody who doesn't live with their head in the clouds but rather the real world knows those reasons are nowhere near as likely.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ThePrinter "You have though. You've continuously said on the thread that it is JUST AS LIKELY to be one of these "million other reasons" than it being because of homosexuality. That's putting them on a par, when realistically anybody who doesn't live with their head in the clouds but rather the real world knows those reasons are nowhere near as likely.'"

You are far more likely to win a game of heads or tails than you are the lottery. Only a real moron would confuse likelihood and importance.

Besides your own preconceptions and prejudice, Where is your evidence that things aren't as likely?

I see you have chosen to only respond to one line in isolation as well, makes this statement look a little silly doesn't it
Quote: ThePrinter "No I answered everything you wrote, because that's what I do, I actually read what other people write and respond to what they wrote.

I'm not like yourself or others who use little rants like this to disguise the fact that you won't/can't reply to what I wrote.
'"

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5442
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1230.gif
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”:1230.gif

Still guessing in tonight's game

It's a shame he was promoted above those in his peer group who were rated higher, who knows if they would have continued to progress at higher levels but there dos seem to be a bit of a problem with selection being based on personalties rather than pure performance. I've seen refs get called up into the lower leagues based on injury or fitness test issues and get good reviews from the clubs, even to the point where the clubs are requesting the ref gets more games, but then when injuries and fitness are not a problem the same faces get their jobs back. When we have so little in terms of numbers it's sad to see things that can put off even the most enthusiastic.

I think there is a problem with a clique of referees forming, not helped that there are limited number of pro refs and they are always going to be those who don't have a better career elsewhere already, and with the increasing number of those getting moved upstairs into other roles there is too much emphasis on covering each others backs and pretending problems don't exist. Goo refs can emerge despite this system but I think more would do so with a better one. "Outside" management should be prioritised.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Can't be d reading all the pages of drivel who has won the d|ck measuring competition? Or is it still ongoing?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "You are far more likely to win a game of heads or tails than you are the lottery. Only a real moron would confuse likelihood and importance.

Besides your own preconceptions and prejudice, Where is your evidence that things aren't as likely?

I see you have chosen to only respond to one line in isolation as well, makes this statement look a little silly doesn't it'"

You think being born in July is just as likely as sexuality to result in discrimination......oh dear.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Having another stormer

522 posts in 36 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
522 posts in 36 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.44580078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m
Fev H Play Off
Highlander
35m
Grand final Tickets
Azul
44m
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
56m
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Winslade's O
Recent
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
cheekydiddle
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
19s
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
30s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
36s
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
43s
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
53s
Vancouver Le
56s
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
58s
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
1m
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
chapylad
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Azul
TODAY
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +33,360 ↑27980,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22