Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: DHM "You do have expectations. You expect us to fail. You always expect us to fail.'"

What a totally pathetic post, from someone I would not normally associate with the pathetic posters. icon_rolleyes.gif

Care to give previous examples where failure expectations have been expressed?........ thought not.

Just grow up, and leave the bottom kissing to the normal.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

I have said for a while that Leeds do not play to a set pattern. It has been touched upon by plenty on here too. When everyone is fit it works pretty well. However you take a couple of players out through injury, and a couple more on bad form and it looks a lot shakier.

Compare that to Saints, who play a very structured game. When they lose a player, be it a forward, or a back, they have someone who can come in and fit into the game plan. Every man knows their role in the team, and knows the structure. Their players are good, but its the structure they play to that is the key to how they remain so consistent. It may be that it is also the reason they have failed for the last 3 years, in that when they have met us in the GF we have been fully fit, fully fired up, and playing to a game plan of our own, designed to nullify theirs. I think that our plan relies too much on everything being right, which can fall apart very easily.

I don;t think we need wholesale changes, and I will be interested to see what changes occur when McDermott is on-board. Will we see more structure, more young players in the team. I expect McDermott to be head coach for 2012, so he will surely have a large say in first team matters next season.

On the whole, I think a new centre (which could be watkins), and a top line front rower will improve us no end. I think we have players to come into the team that can improve it, and we should have rotated better towards the end of the year. If a top class organiser became available i'd be tempted, as Burrow has been poor this year, but he is capable of doing that role, as shown a few years ago for GB.

The likes of BJB, Watkins, Clarkson, Pitts, Ambler need to really step up so they can replace the players who will likely be leaving at the end of next year such as Senior, leuluai, Lauiti'iti, Webb.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

a game too far , a season too far especially with the injuries.

hope we can sign a few players and bring some through too next year

three in a row was amazing in salary cap era

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree with much of what others have pointed out on here and other threads.

Player recruitment is a difficult one though.

What has served us well in the recent past has been promoting excellent young talent from within and a sprinkle of NRL talen where required.

However from watching a lot of the U20's this year I'm not sure if the talent is there,certainly not to the same extent it was before.

The U20's have played a poor standard of Rugby this year especially. Not sure if that is down to some of the identified 'Talent' like Manning,Coady,Amor etc being loaned out due to the new age qualifications that came in this year at the level under first team or poor coaching?

Perhaps GH feels the latter and that is why Poaching has been shown the door?

I think the club may have realised they were short of talent at the next level down which is why they went into the National League market and bought Coady and Amor and immediately loaned them out along with the likes of Manning to play and hopefully develop more from playing senior rugby with a lot of hard pros in NL1 as opposed to u20 level?

However I don't think any of those named three have set the world alight at NL1 from what i've seen/read?

Pre season I had high hopes for Amor and still hope he will progress but since a reasonable debut on Boxing Day he has looked poor in the couple of 1st team chances he was given and even back out on loan/dual registration to where he was awesome in 2009 they have not seen anywhere near the same level of performance he was displaying week in week out before signing for us.

Manning also looked to have a bright future here but i'm sure the Fev fans for the most part have not rated him that highly and there were times where he was not being selected because his form was poor?

I know these NL1 signings can be risks and are nearly always a work in progress with a hope/realisation of what they might become so all is not lost yet.

The alternative then is to sign overseas or pay a transfer fee for SL players.

The first option has had some great sucess but for every success there is a Mark O'Neil and this season,although his on field performances when fit were great,Eastwood is going back home which shows the risk of going into the NRL market as you never know how the player and his family will settle,look at Eastwood and Dallas Johnson and the Wakefield Prop whose name escapes me (Tronk?) but only played about 8 matchses but even then,half way through the season he was still top of the Opta metre maker stats.

As Bluey said after the game Leeds refuse to speculate on transfers and there is hardly ever any gossip in the RL press about who we are in for,certainly nothing like with other teams but i'm also left wondering sometimes whether we end up getting our first choice or making do? The club will obviously always say they got their number one choice.

I know for a fact we were in discussions with Ryan Atkins but we pulled out at his wage demands so he went to Wire and we then signed Delaney.

Delaney has got some stick on here but I like him. ''Does what it says on the tin''. People who watched the NRL told us he was a steady eddy no nonsence hard working player not a Gasnier or Inglis and that is exactly what we got.

If people wanted speed and more of a gutting edge then maybe most would have preferred Atkins although at the time i'm sure many on here were saying we shouldn't touch Atkins with a barge pole?

I bet some of those posters are the same berating Delaney now?

It also seemed to be te concensus that our number one forward target was Frank Pritchard and then we announce Eastwood instead. With hindsight we'd have probably been better with Pritchard (assuming he'd have settled) given that we've seen too little of Eastwood before his early departure,although i'm sure had he stayed he would/could have become a legend over here for us.

The other option of paying transfer fees or signing out of contract SL players seems to have served us well but doesn't seem to have been over used in recent times? The ones I remember are Peacock,Ellis,Poaching ,Dunneman and they all proved successful

Definitely interesting times ahead. The club have got most things right over a long period of time so we'll have to trust they have it all sussed out again and will talk up a 'big' signing just before the season ticket early bird deadline icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

The times I've seen Manning on Sky at the business end of the season he's looked one of Featherstone's better players. Not sure how that's reflected over the course of the season mind, not seen enough of him to judge.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

Quote: Andy Gilder "The times I've seen Manning on Sky at the business end of the season he's looked one of Featherstone's better players. Not sure how that's reflected over the course of the season mind, not seen enough of him to judge.'"

I think he's had a decent year tbh and i'm sure he was on a years loan but the last couple of sky games they've reffered to him as a "former" Leeds acadamy player! icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach26No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/015.jpg
:simpsons/015.jpg

Over the last 3 yrs we have won the tiltle, had to start the season early to accommodate the WCC game, had varied runs in the CC cup & also had to contend with key players playing for England at the end of a long difficult season.

To me all these things could contribute to where we are now. Coulpled with bad injuries/form & player recruitment.

Hopefully the squad can have a well deserved break. I would imagine maybe only Hall & Sinfiled will be selected for England. Therefore a majority of the squad can have a good break & then get stuck into a decent pre-season which they haven't had for a couple of years. Bluey & Brian Mac can then look forward to a refreshed squad. Hopefully they can add 1 or 2 new players to the squad & welcome back BJB from a successfull loan spell & Watkins from a tough injury. I would like to see a quality replacement for Eastwood but don't believe there's any decent options in the market so I fear we'll end up with a 30+ Aussie/Kolpak stiff.

I look at Saints/Wigan/Wire & see that this season they had good juniors out in the championship who came back into there squads when needed & performed well. Could this be the case for us? We have Worrall, Amour, Coady & Manning all to come back from long term loans & push for a place next year. We also have Pitts & Ambler on the fringes.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "What a totally pathetic post, from someone I would not normally associate with the pathetic posters. I won't resort to the kind of silly abuse you're directed at DHM but suffice to say my recollection is at various stages you've written the team off at each stage of the previous three title winning seasons.

What is the old saying about giving a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: DHM " They haven't won the SL title since 96 '"

The rest of SL wish. Of course you meant 2006 so we'll let you off.

Quote: DHM " in the 14 years of SL Saints have been Grand Finalists 8 times and Champions 5 times against our 6 times finalists and 4 times champions. '"

Just on this specific point you appear to be including Saints' first past the post Championship of 1996 as a Grand Final appearance and win which of course it wasn't.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg

Quote: G1 "I won't resort to the kind of silly abuse you're directed at DHM but suffice to say my recollection is at various stages you've written the team off at each stage of the previous three title winning seasons.

What is the old saying about giving a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters?'"

I really shouldn't get into convesations with children, and I will refrain in future.

But would you care to put something where your mouth is?

Can you show where in any of the title winning seasons I have written off the team for that year? Infact it was only 2007 where I offered to double your bet with snake eater that we would win the title. Even this year I have said all along we would win the title.

My views have been made clear for 18 months, that 2011 would see us challenge for nothing unless we made changes. I think Brian McDermott coming in as assistant is a very positive change and will do well, but we should have released players, and we should have made a couple of quality aquisitions to complement the promotion of youth.

Now, I may well have written off the odd player over the last couple of years, if you are getting mixed up with that, then I can excuse you, but you said the "team.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "I really shouldn't get into convesations with children, and I will refrain in future.
.'"

Why do you keep resorting to personal abuse when your opinion is challenged or disagreed with?

Quote: Gotcha "
But would you care to put something where your mouth is?

Can you show where in any of the title winning seasons I have written off the team for that year? Infact it was only 2007 where I offered to double your bet with snake eater that we would win the title. Even this year I have said all along we would win the title.

My views have been made clear for 18 months, that 2011 would see us challenge for nothing unless we made changes. I think Brian McDermott coming in as assistant is a very positive change and will do well, but we should have released players, and we should have made a couple of quality aquisitions to complement the promotion of youth.

Now, I may well have written off the odd player over the last couple of years, if you are getting mixed up with that, then I can excuse you, but you said the "team'"
You're playing a dangerous game there Gotcha. You seem to have forgotten that at the end of each season between 2007 and 2009 I brought up threads and posts from posters writing the team off.

Is that really what you;'re asking me to do again?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg

Quote: G1 "You're playing a dangerous game there Gotcha. You seem to have forgotten that at the end of each season between 2007 and 2009 I brought up threads and posts from posters writing the team off.'"

No you didn't. You brought up threads writing players off, and in the most part brought them up completely out of the context that posters put views on. Or you brought threads up where posters have complained about the way we had been playing after a couple of defeats on the bounce, usually around easter time.

Let's get away from fogknitting here and be clear. You said I had written the team off in each of the titlte winning seasons, making out I had said they would not win the title those years. Have I misunderstood you there? or is that what you are saying? or are you saying that I was one of the posters complaining about the way we were playing as early as Easter in each season?

If you are saying the latter, then I would be man enough to admit I have expressed views of not been satisfied with what I was seeing, even as early as Easter, no problem.

But how can someone who has tipped us for the last 4 seasons to win the title, and even in 2007 (coincidentally a year you are saying I wrote the team off) offered to double your bet against a poster saying we had no chance, be classed as "writing off" the team?

I make no secret of saying we would struggle in 2011 without changes and I have to put up with the ridicule on that if proven wrong, for which I dearly hope I am. But I won't listen to something that is plainly untrue to say I had written them of in "each" of the title winning seasons.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg

I'm just pleased you managed to post without resorting to personal abuse of other forum users.

Let me review the Gotcha archives and I'll come back to you. Might take a whee while as I have some big boy busy work to do this week.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg

Quote: G1 "I'm just pleased you managed to post without resorting to personal abuse of other forum users.

Let me review the Gotcha archives and I'll come back to you. Might take a whee while as I have some big boy busy work to do this week.'"

Before you do that, is there no chance of you answering the questions I raised?

I would hate to have the board ruined by petty "you said" "I said" (for which I accept blame), hence why I asked the question to clear it up first.

That way if your saying it the way I was man enough to admit to, then you would not need to ruin your working week, because I'll just say fair enough and leave it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Gareth ... Your efforts to get one over somebody else and gain some self perceived superiority astound me.
Why do you feel such need ? Why the desire to " play to the gallery " to such an extreme .... digging through past postings ? Does that not smack of pliable to one that is quite evidently intelligent and articulate. What are you hoping to prove ? To whom ?

Those that revere you will always do so regardless.... Those that merely respect you - like I now do (did ) - are more perplexed and think rather less of you when you resort to this, such jejune, behaviour.

Grow up man.

86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2177734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC