JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51571_1284917207.jpg
[color=#FFBF40:unkk0yqo]Yorkshire Kidney Research Fund[/color:unkk0yqo] [url:unkk0yqo]http://www.ykrf.co.uk[/url:unkk0yqo]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51571.jpg

I attended the game tonight . I observed the minute of silence , as did my brother and his two young sons , the youngest of which I had in my arms . His sons , and mine , although only young , have attended services at war memorials and cenotaphs with us , so they have quite a considerable understanding of why it is important to observe the silences and pay respect to the fallen soldiers .
I would have been severely disappointed with anyone who did not shut up for just one minute and reflect on the severity of what has happened . We were stood in the southernmost corner of the Canegie and it was silent . Even the group of a dozen or so rowdy young lads in front of us never made a noise . Respect to those young lads for their actions .

As regards the person who called me a on an earlier page . You really do not know me do you . I meant no disrespect . I thought I made that point clear . I am willing to observe such silences in respect of ANYONE as and when the occasion arrives when I am present . I have no problem at all paying respect to anyone , so please don't just dismiss me as a keyboard warrior . I just think it is going overboard that we have them at almost every large public gathering . The are becoming so regular that they are beginning to lose their true meaning . They should be saved for special occasions .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7374
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. JAMIE PEACOCK:

Quote: BaldRick "I attended the game tonight . I observed the minute of silence , as did my brother and his two young sons , the youngest of which I had in my arms . His sons , and mine , although only young , have attended services at war memorials and cenotaphs with us , so they have quite a considerable understanding of why it is important to observe the silences and pay respect to the fallen soldiers .
I would have been severely disappointed with anyone who did not shut up for just one minute and reflect on the severity of what has happened . We were stood in the southernmost corner of the Canegie and it was silent . Even the group of a dozen or so rowdy young lads in front of us never made a noise . Respect to those young lads for their actions .

As regards the person who called me a nice person on an earlier page . You really do not know me do you . I meant no disrespect . I thought I made that point clear . I am willing to observe such silences in respect of ANYONE as and when the occasion arrives when I am present . I have no problem at all paying respect to anyone , so please don't just dismiss me as a nice person keyboard warrior . I just think it is going overboard that we have them at almost every large public gathering . The are becoming so regular that they are beginning to lose their true meaning . They should be saved for special occasions .'"

Also there is the poppy day thing the wearing of poppy's before rembrance sunday seem's to get earlier and earlier

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10145_1279728778.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10145.png

Quote: lionarmour87 "
Quote: lionarmour87 "I attended the game tonight . I observed the minute of silence , as did my brother and his two young sons , the youngest of which I had in my arms . His sons , and mine , although only young , have attended services at war memorials and cenotaphs with us , so they have quite a considerable understanding of why it is important to observe the silences and pay respect to the fallen soldiers .

As regards the person who called me a nice person on an earlier page . You really do not know me do you . I meant no disrespect . I thought I made that point clear . I am willing to observe such silences in respect of ANYONE as and when the occasion arrives when I am present . I have no problem at all paying respect to anyone , so please don't just dismiss me as a nice person keyboard warrior . I just think it is going overboard that we have them at almost every large public gathering . The are becoming so regular that they are beginning to lose their true meaning . They should be saved for special occasions .'"

Also there is the poppy day thing the wearing of poppy's before rembrance sunday seem's to get earlier and earlier'"

I blame the BBC

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

Quote: lionarmour87 "Also there is the poppy day thing the wearing of poppy's before rembrance sunday seem's to get earlier and earlier'"

That's not correct we are allowed to sell Poppys within a 2 week period prior toand just after Remembrance Sunday.
However some people when they've purchased them wear them for much longer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9426
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

These poor men didn't choose their enemy.

If a war kicked off closer to home, they would have been there and no one would be disputing what they were doing, they followed orders and were tragically killed.

The minutes silence was observed brilliantly and when the south stand played the national anthem just after the silence I welled up. A massive pat on the back from me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3224
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17505_1301920246.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17505.jpg

Immaculately observed, and a credit to all.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1085No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64823_1319661026.jpg
Believe:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64823.jpg

Quote: Keith Swiftcorn "Fair point.

Time to practice what you initially preached above then rather than finish off with YOUR political views.

Hypocrite.'"

Spot on KS. Strange how those that insist on keeping the poiltics out of it are usually those that have already lost the argument.

RankPostsTeam
International Star97No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66714_1332763872.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66714.jpg

Hi,
I am a lifelong Leeds RL fan and I am a serving member of the Armed forces - your armed forces. I totally understand the sentiment of the original post. Do we hold 1 min silence for just about everyone? Probably - maybe. Does it mean a hell of a lot to us to have 17k plus people standing for our fallen comrades then singing OUR National Anthem as Kev kicks off? You had better believe it. Yes we chose our job, we work for the same government we all voted in. We know the risks, we can not go on strike cos we dont agree with what we are about to do. What keeps us going is knowing that what we do is working to keep our freedom and way of life intact. A freedom and way of life that allows boards like thus and the original poster to do so without fear of repression or torture.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1122_1318449976.jpg
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://jerrychicken.wordpress.com/:k4m40udg]The Jerry Chicken Blog Page[/url:k4m40udg] ------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/gary_kitchen_2:k4m40udg]BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK[/url:k4m40udg] [url=https://theartonlinegallery.com/artist/garykitch/:k4m40udg]AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY[/url:k4m40udg] .................................................................... [url=http://art-profiles.com/gary-kitchen/:k4m40udg]ART PROFILE[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://twitter.com/GaryKitch:k4m40udg]On Twitter[/url:k4m40udg] ................................................................... [url=http://www.facebook.com/gary.kitchen2:k4m40udg]On Facebook[/url:k4m40udg] ...................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1122.jpg

Quote: vsewo "Hi,
I am a lifelong Leeds RL fan and I am a serving member of the Armed forces - your armed forces. I totally understand the sentiment of the original post. Do we hold 1 min silence for just about everyone? Probably - maybe. Does it mean a hell of a lot to us to have 17k plus people standing for our fallen comrades then singing OUR National Anthem as Kev kicks off? You had better believe it. Yes we chose our job, we work for the same government we all voted in. We know the risks, we can not go on strike cos we dont agree with what we are about to do. What keeps us going is knowing that what we do is working to keep our freedom and way of life intact. A freedom and way of life that allows boards like thus and the original poster to do so without fear of repression or torture.'"

Nice post.

For what its worth I think that "Baldrick" would agree with you too.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1114.jpg
[size=100:vu4p4lio] [b:vu4p4lio]Check out [url:vu4p4lio]http://www.fourpointtry.com[/url:vu4p4lio][/b:vu4p4lio] [/size:vu4p4lio]:1114.jpg

Quote: BillyRhino "Immaculately observed, and a credit to all.'"

On the whole it was ... With 17K in there, you could actually hear the birds singing in the trees behind the scoreboard.

Having said that, after the John-Holmes-Dont-You-Dare-Let-Your-Mobile-Phone-Go-Off 'advice' that went out for his silence ... It seems there are quite a few people with serious lung problems considering the amount of coughing that was going on.

Whilst I'm not saying is that there should be no coughing (and I know there is a bit of a chest infection going around at the moment), it seems that the use of terminal hacking during a silence is now the vehicle of some of the attention seeking muppets.

It would be interesting to know how many of them were habitually coughing once the game kicked off ...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: AdmiralHanson "On the whole it was ... With 17K in there, you could actually hear the birds singing in the trees behind the scoreboard.

Having said that, after the John-Holmes-Dont-You-Dare-Let-Your-Mobile-Phone-Go-Off 'advice' that went out for his silence ... It seems there are quite a few people with serious lung problems considering the amount of coughing that was going on.

Whilst I'm not saying is that there should be no coughing (and I know there is a bit of a chest infection going around at the moment), it seems that the use of terminal hacking during a silence is now the vehicle of some of the attention seeking muppets.'"

Perhaps they were getting practice in before the World Snooker Championships commence at the Crucible?

On the topic of reluctant hero John Holmes, that was a far more appropriate context for an arranged minutes silence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7374
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. JAMIE PEACOCK:

Quote: rhinoms "That's not correct we are allowed to sell Poppys within a 2 week period prior toand just after Remembrance Sunday.
However some people when they've purchased them wear them for much longer.'"

I wear a poppy every year,I even wore it over here where I now live.I wear it out of respect to my father's generation and those of wwI ,but the point I was trying to make is ,it seems when I see these media people and so called" celebrities" they want to be the first ones seen wearing them.I thought I had seen them wearing them slightly longer than two weeks before remembrance day

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

I was only stating what law guidelines we have to follow because we get asked many times when delivering why we can't deliver them sooner and "officially" we can't sell them until the day of the launch.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51571_1284917207.jpg
[color=#FFBF40:unkk0yqo]Yorkshire Kidney Research Fund[/color:unkk0yqo] [url:unkk0yqo]http://www.ykrf.co.uk[/url:unkk0yqo]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51571.jpg

I am a lifelong Leeds RL fan and I am a serving member of the Armed forces - your armed forces. I totally understand the sentiment of the original post. Do we hold 1 min silence for just about everyone? Probably - maybe. Does it mean a hell of a lot to us to have 17k plus people standing for our fallen comrades then singing OUR National Anthem as Kev kicks off? You had better believe it. Yes we chose our job, we work for the same government we all voted in. We know the risks, we can not go on strike cos we dont agree with what we are about to do. What keeps us going is knowing that what we do is working to keep our freedom and way of life intact. A freedom and way of life that allows boards like thus and the original poster to do so without fear of repression or torture.'"

icon_thumb.gif

a014.gif
I think that post has to be about the best thing I ever read on these boards .

RankPostsTeam
International Star582No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

In Tony, we trust.:

Well bloody said !

55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.09765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ChampagneSup
7m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
18m