FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos Match Thread - Post Match
405 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: Cala Millor Rhino "some you get, some you don't! they even themselves out over the course of a season!'"

A penalty to Leeds would have denied Ganson the opportunity to be at the centre of another dramatic finish, and that simply cannot be allowed.

Nice of him to stop the Dragons running that perfectly kickable penalty he gave them on the last play of the first half too...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13052.jpg
REMEMBER, A TVOC IS FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS! [quote="Puig-Aubert":22x7gz6s]Its just Loz. It may seem a bit childish, sad and cringeworthy but its just his way.[/quote:22x7gz6s] for Puig Aubert's top ten masturbation tips visit [url=http://catalan.rlfans.com/news.php:22x7gz6s]www.sang-et-or.net[/url:22x7gz6s] sponsored by carnegie & nike [quote="Jamie Peacock":22x7gz6s]I really wanna beat Saints next week! I hate Saints, I hate the place, I hate the players, I hate the fans![/quote:22x7gz6s] Rafa, Feed the left-backs, they will score! Name and Shame the Catalan Corner Flag Thieves:13052.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "A penalty to Leeds would have denied Ganson the opportunity to be at the centre of another dramatic finish, and that simply cannot be allowed.

Nice of him to stop the Dragons running that perfectly kickable penalty he gave them on the last play of the first half too...'"

On the other side of the coin, nice of him to let Peacock and Kylie to stay on the field after their head high shots!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: Cala Millor Rhino "On the other side of the coin, nice of him to let Peacock and Kylie to stay on the field after their head high shots!'"

The ones the RFL decided were worthy of no further punishment than a penalty? Ganson in getting one right shocker.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13052.jpg
REMEMBER, A TVOC IS FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS! [quote="Puig-Aubert":22x7gz6s]Its just Loz. It may seem a bit childish, sad and cringeworthy but its just his way.[/quote:22x7gz6s] for Puig Aubert's top ten masturbation tips visit [url=http://catalan.rlfans.com/news.php:22x7gz6s]www.sang-et-or.net[/url:22x7gz6s] sponsored by carnegie & nike [quote="Jamie Peacock":22x7gz6s]I really wanna beat Saints next week! I hate Saints, I hate the place, I hate the players, I hate the fans![/quote:22x7gz6s] Rafa, Feed the left-backs, they will score! Name and Shame the Catalan Corner Flag Thieves:13052.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "The ones the RFL decided were worthy of no further punishment than a penalty? Ganson in getting one right shocker.'"

I'm shocked that the England captain didn't get a ban, no really! icon_rolleyes.gif

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "

Nice of him to stop the Dragons running that perfectly kickable penalty he gave them on the last play of the first half too...'"
That was interesting to say the least. Twice they indicated to him they wanted to tap it and twice they attempted to. Then he let them change their mind and kick the goal.

In the far reaches of my man flu addled brain I thought once you'd indicated your intention to either tap or kick a penalty you couldn't change it?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

IIRC G1 once you have indicated verbally to the referee that you intend to kick at goal you can't run it, but there is no restriction the other way around.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4459
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis84.gif
[quote="Hail Stewie Griffin":vg3vzgr8] All dumbies those Irish folk [/quote:vg3vzgr8] So you've met my wife:disney1/Dis84.gif

Quote: Andy Gilder "IIRC G1 once you have indicated verbally to the referee that you intend to kick at goal you can't run it, but there is no restriction the other way around.'"
You also can't kiock to the corner off the kicking tee to score a try either. (Ask Sinny)

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: finglas "You also can't kiock to the corner off the kicking tee to score a try either. (Ask Sinny)'"

Wasn't the ruling on that it wasn't a genuine attempt at goal, which you have to make after nominating otherwise you could just knock it off the tee, pick it up and run?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4459
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis84.gif
[quote="Hail Stewie Griffin":vg3vzgr8] All dumbies those Irish folk [/quote:vg3vzgr8] So you've met my wife:disney1/Dis84.gif

Quote: Andy Gilder "Wasn't the ruling on that it wasn't a genuine attempt at goal, which you have to make after nominating otherwise you could just knock it off the tee, pick it up and run?'"
That's right. Referee or VR ruled it wasn't a genuine attempt at goal and chalked it off.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Or John Dorahy - tried that for KR against Wigan (John Player Final or something) years ago near the end of the game when a goal wasn't enough to win. The only reason for not being allowed to do anything other than actually having a pop at goal is the touch judges not being in position I assume. If you're going to have a go like that I remember Fev nearly snatching a last minute win in the 80s by launching a huge up and under to the corner with virtually their whole team chasing it. Certainly caused a scare.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Ellery used to have a variation on the theme where he'd point at the sticks but say nothing to the referee and then tap and run himself while everyone was off guard.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: G1 "That was interesting to say the least. Twice they indicated to him they wanted to tap it and twice they attempted to. Then he let them change their mind and kick the goal.

In the far reaches of my man flu addled brain I thought once you'd indicated your intention to either tap or kick a penalty you couldn't change it?'"

One of the lads we were out with spoke to Ganson at the airport ont he way home on Sunday regarding this inncident. He was told that Ganson had been told in his ear that there was no time left in the half, therefore kicking was the only option. this is only half the explanation he got but my mate seemed happy after a 5min chat!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: ginger rhino "One of the lads we were out with spoke to Ganson at the airport ont he way home on Sunday regarding this inncident. He was told that Ganson had been told in his ear that there was no time left in the half, therefore kicking was the only option. this is only half the explanation he got but my mate seemed happy after a 5min chat!'"

If that's the explanation your mate got, then Ganson doesn't know the rules.

The game must restart with the ball being brought back into play after the penalty. Whether it restarts with a kick at goal or a tap is up to the side in possession. If they restart with a tap, the half continues until the ball goes dead, i.e. at the next tackle, if it goes into touch etc.

tvoc - only saw that ploy of Hanley's work once at Leeds, game at home to Wakefield(?) where he pointed at the posts with the ball then turned his back, tapped it and scored in the corner.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Andy Gilder "tvoc - only saw that ploy of Hanley's work once at Leeds, game at home to Wakefield(?) where he pointed at the posts with the ball then turned his back, tapped it and scored in the corner.'"

Me too probably, Widnes is ringing a bell somewhere. Saw him try it more than once though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

Quote: Cala Millor Rhino "I'm shocked that the England captain didn't get a ban, no really!
Why?

It just looked a bit sloppy, mistimed, not a great deal of impact, and no intent to injury.

Good decision not to ban him for that IMO.

405 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
405 posts in 28 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08837890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
25m
Film game
Boss Hog
29m