FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > SL RD 2 | Wigan Warriors (A)
415 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3357.jpg

Quote: Seth "I don't think anyone would have any complaints about 'just' losing away to Wigan. All mitigating factors included last night was still well short or an acceptable performance. Agars clearly not happy either so nobody needs to get particularly precious over the criticisms of the performance.'"

Ive zero issue with criticism of the performance we were way off.

My issue would be extrapolting that one performance to mean we aren’t going to do anything this season.

These performances do happen and if Agar was sugar coating it id be disappointed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sorry in advance for the long post...

That was awful, individualy, collectively and coaching.

Soft and lacking size coming off the bench, going into the season with 4 props was always going to be a problem, especially when one of them 4 is Holroyd, who's injured more often than he's not. Opinions differ on bench rotations but for me every matchday squad should have 4 genuine props, 2 starting 2 off the bench,its tried and tested over years and works, no need to overthink it, the wider squad should carry 6. As already mentioned, we'v got too many 'middles' like Donaldson, Thompson, Smith, O'Connor, Mustapha ...And not enough props. For me this needs adressed, Smith starting 13, O'Connor backup 13, Mustapha 'Middle' is plenty...Dont resign Thompson and try to offload Donaldson...Sign a big NRL prop and Tyler Dupree, best young prop in championship, played nearly 30 games at that level now and he's been his teams best player, or close to it, in just about every one of them, Widnes fans love him already. This isnt knee jerk from last night, despite that awful effort from Donaldson and Thompson on Mago from the kickoff. Last night just emphasised what we all knew...2 games in and Holroyds already injured and Miks playing on one leg.

Despite Shabino desperately trying to use last night as proof he's right about Hurrell, he's not, centres are ok (even if they wernt, Hurrell isnt the answer) but we need to start playing Broadbent, he's 21 now, an England knights player and ready for regular rugby in his natural position, Suttcliffe and Briscoe are ok for 3/4 choice but again Briscoe shouldnt be renewed end of the season and i wouldn't be against moving Suttcliffe on then either...We'd know what we have with Broadbent at centre by then if we actually play him there in our strongest team, nearly all his games have been out of position and in makeshift teams, its remarkable he's done aswel as he has. If he's good enough, great, if he's not, then we look for another option, internaly or from another club, im convinced he's good enough, but atleast we'd know either way.

Mellors such a nothing player, no punch, dosnt dent the line and too nice, he actually started with a bit more vigor than usual last night, but reverted to normal pretty quickly, again, wouldnt renew. Walters is pretty much the same player, just bigger,younger with the potential to be a bit more, no need for both of them.

Walkers a quality player who had a shocking game in his second one back, iv got total faith he'l come good, it will just take some time.

God knows why Johnson was at , ridiculous call, leeming to half, Johnson 9 with Austin and Mellor in 2nd row and centre. Result wouldn't of been affected but give the lad half a chance ffs.

Sean Long, still not convinced, everthing still appears such hard work when we'r in good attacking ball. Was hoping for a bit more cohesion. 16 mins last week and Yday is a Small sample size i know. Dont know if its by design or our players are losing there composure, but our short kicking game is rubbish, in that we dont have one, we sign sezer who's got one of the best short kicking games in the league, then decide to run on last tackle nearly every set near there line, crazy.

Our line speed was non existent last night, Wigan were left to run sideways across our line all night, that usually isnt going to win games of rugby league, but our line speed was so poor, they had all the time in the world to find the right option, be that dropping some off on a different angle, a kick or an offload.

Yellow card for Tindall, my god, absolute joke, whats the game coming to, should charnley of got Yellow last week for much worse on handleys try, does it matter if he scored, the intent was there from charnley. Only thing more frustrating than the yellow was listening to the idiot video ref talking through it. Marshall didnt even ask for it, irrelevant to last nights result but the game as a whole is going to sh*te if thats yellow.

I really like Agar, im glad he's at the club, think the plan the club seem to have is the correct one, Rich moving to DOR when we find the right coach to take over. Again not knee jerk to the start we'v had, think its obvious that the club and Agar feel the same, for me he's much better suited to running the whole rugby operation than just being the coach.

Thought Tindall showed the raw abilty he's got, he's always knew whats required from a winger in the yardage game, always had the speed and explosive ability, still got things to work on, but he's got a chance.

Lastly, my god, we have awful luck, injurys are unbelievable, that first try last night, Couldn't write it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I think that's everything covered mattsrhinos1978 eusa_clap.gif happy to lock this and move on to last week on that post.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mattsrhinos1978 "Sorry in advance for the long post...

Soft and lacking size coming off the bench, going into the season with 4 props was always going to be a problem, especially when one of them 4 is Holroyd, who's injured more often than he's not. Opinions differ on bench rotations but for me every matchday squad should have 4 genuine props, 2 starting 2 off the bench,its tried and tested over years and works, no need to overthink it, the wider squad should carry 6. As already mentioned, we'v got too many 'middles' like Donaldson, Thompson, Smith, O'Connor, Mustapha ...And not enough props. For me this needs adressed, Smith starting 13, O'Connor backup 13, Mustapha 'Middle' is plenty...Dont resign Thompson and try to offload Donaldson...Sign a big NRL prop and Tyler Dupree, best young prop in championship, played nearly 30 games at that level now and he's been his teams best player, or close to it, in just about every one of them, Widnes fans love him already. This isnt knee jerk from last night, despite that awful effort from Donaldson and Thompson on Mago from the kickoff. Last night just emphasised what we all knew...2 games in and Holroyds already injured and Miks playing on one leg.

Despite Shabino desperately trying to use last night as proof he's right about Hurrell, he's not, centres are ok (even if they wernt, Hurrell isnt the answer) but we need to start playing Broadbent, he's 21 now, an England knights player and ready for regular rugby in his natural position, Suttcliffe and Briscoe are ok for 3/4 choice but again Briscoe shouldnt be renewed end of the season and i wouldn't be against moving Suttcliffe on then either...We'd know what we have with Broadbent at centre by then if we actually play him there in our strongest team, nearly all his games have been out of position and in makeshift teams, its remarkable he's done aswel as he has. If he's good enough, great, if he's not, then we look for another option, internaly or from another club, im convinced he's good enough, but atleast we'd know either way.

Mellors such a nothing player, no punch, dosnt dent the line and too nice, he actually started with a bit more vigor than usual last night, but reverted to normal pretty quickly, again, wouldnt renew. Walters is pretty much the same player, just bigger,younger with the potential to be a bit more, no need for both of them.

Walkers a quality player who had a shocking game in his second one back, iv got total faith he'l come good, it will just take some time.

God knows why Johnson was at Centre, ridiculous call, leeming to half, Johnson 9 with Austin and Mellor in 2nd row and centre. Result wouldn't of been affected but give the lad half a chance ffs.

Sean Long, still not convinced, everthing still appears such hard work when we'r in good attacking ball. Was hoping for a bit more cohesion. 16 mins last week and Yday is a Small sample size i know. Dont know if its by design or our players are losing there composure, but our short kicking game is rubbish, in that we dont have one, we sign sezer who's got one of the best short kicking games in the league, then decide to run on last tackle nearly every set near there line, crazy.

Our line speed was non existent last night, Wigan were left to run sideways across our line all night, that usually isnt going to win games of rugby league, but our line speed was so poor, they had all the time in the world to find the right option, be that dropping some off on a different angle, a kick or an offload.

Yellow card for Tindall, my god, absolute joke, whats the game coming to, should charnley of got Yellow last week for much worse on handleys try, does it matter if he scored, the intent was there from charnley. Only thing more frustrating than the yellow was listening to the idiot video ref talking through it. Marshall didnt even ask for it, irrelevant to last nights result but the game as a whole is going to sh*te if thats yellow.

I really like Agar, im glad he's at the club, think the plan the club seem to have is the correct one, Rich moving to DOR when we find the right coach to take over. Again not knee jerk to the start we'v had, think its obvious that the club and Agar feel the same, for me he's much better suited to running the whole rugby operation than just being the coach.

Thought Tindall showed the raw abilty he's got, he's always knew whats required from a winger in the yardage game, always had the speed and explosive ability, still got things to work on, but he's got a chance.

Lastly, my god, we have awful luck, injurys are unbelievable, that first try last night, Couldn't write it.'"

This is best post on here for a long time. Pretty much spot on…..

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Shabino "This is best post on here for a long time. Pretty much spot on…..'"

Nah i liked tours yesterday which you deleted icon_wink.gif

Just kidding I think that post sums it up, Agar should move to DOR but we have to make sure the next coaching appointment is important and shouldn’t be knee jerk.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Loiner at large "A weeks a long time in Rugby. On last nights performance Bentley was exactly the player we needed. Agree he needs to manage his discipline but for all those saying he was a bad buy last night was evidence that our supposed back row strength in depth is not as good as some might think.'"

Dont think anyones said any different to what your saying here, Bentleys a good player if... The 'if' is the problem, so far he hasnt shown any signs of sorting his discipline out, if last week was an isolated incident then fair enough, but it was a continuation of as bad a run of discipline as iv ever seen from a player the second half of last season, even in the games he managed to avoid getting sin binned, the ammount of six agains and penaltys he gave away was unbelievable. Saints fans were pulling there hair out with him.

The Bentley we want to see would have been an asset last night and will be going forward.

The Bentley thats taken the field in his last block of 15 or so games and we'd of likely got beat by more than we did.

He needs to sort it out, if he does, great signing, if he dosnt, then he's a liability.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7195
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I said on the night that maybe 3 of Wigans try`s looked debatable.
Confirmed on Sky that the Bibby flick and the Powell knee tries should not have stood.
That along with Powells 50/50 knock on and we might have been saying what a great coach Agar is.
For me Sezer was the most disappointing after his first game against Wire.
Tindall should keep his place and Broadbent for Briscoe who is now 3 years past his best.
Sutcliffe I think has been tried in every position bar front row and still can`t cement a place.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1511
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mattsrhinos1978 "Sorry in advance for the long post...

God knows why Johnson was at Centre, ridiculous call, leeming to half, Johnson 9 with Austin and Mellor in 2nd row and centre. Result wouldn't of been affected but give the lad half a chance ffs.

Lastly, my god, we have awful luck, injurys are unbelievable, that first try last night, Couldn't write it.'"

Absolutely spot on with everything there Matt.
Excellent post.
Let's move on to next week....

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: christopher "Nah i liked tours yesterday which you deleted I should have left deleted post on as it basically said we were going to get stuffed with that team out!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3357_1596183529.jpg

Quote: Shabino "I should have left deleted post on as it basically said we were going to get stuffed with that team out!'"

Yes you should, but I thought it was funny that you deleted it when we went ahead on the scoreboardicon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: christopher "Yes you should, but I thought it was funny that you deleted it when we went ahead on the scoreboard
For all my failings i at least try and cover a few bases icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Great to see kendal has brought his whistle for the TV cameras again. I wonder if he's brought both cards?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4913No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Seth "Great to see kendal has brought his whistle for the TV cameras again. I wonder if he's brought both cards?'"

Yellow out, hardly even a penalty that, players milked it.

Not worth watching a game when he’s on.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

And why on earth did he go to VR there

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach689
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46111.jpg
:46111.jpg

Quote: chapylad "I said on the night that maybe 3 of Wigans try`s looked debatable.
Confirmed on Sky that the Bibby flick and the Powell knee tries should not have stood.
That along with Powells 50/50 knock on and we might have been saying what a great coach Agar is.
For me Sezer was the most disappointing after his first game against Wire.
Tindall should keep his place and Broadbent for Briscoe who is now 3 years past his best.
Sutcliffe I think has been tried in every position bar front row and still can`t cement a place.'"

what exactly did they say about these please? i wasnt able to watch the post-match coverage

415 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
415 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.18115234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
PopTart
3m
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
3m
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
4m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
6m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Bobby Digita
18m
Sam Burgess
Bobby Digita
25m
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
32m
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
40m
Leigh it is
WWste
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
29s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
33s
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
40s
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
49s
Bobby Digita
53s
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
55s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Offy86
55s
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
1m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m
Isa 1 year extension
[Gareth]
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Listenup94
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Wires71
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
[Gareth]
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
northernblok
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +43,068 80,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22