Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Not going from stats. I think Hall has been superb this season.
I'd agree Moon has been inconsistent but I think part of that is due to the relatively poor ball he's been receiving. The same goes for Watkins.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

If Hall has been superb this season, what was he last season? Or the season before that?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: William Eve "If Hall has been superb this season, what was he last season? Or the season before that?'"

[iWorld class[/i? icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "[iWorld class[/i? WBW!!! icon_lol.gif

Only superb this season then.

Wot a let down.

RankPostsTeam
International Star83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hall's not been great this year, although we have a general problem in supplying ball to the backs and scoring tries per se, not just for Hall. Every single one of our threequarters has scored fewer tries this year than last.

Hardaker

2013: 9 Tries from 25
2013: 21 Tries from 37
2011: 12 Tries from 15

BJB

2013: 9 tries from 12
2012: 23 tries from 32
2011: 13 tries from 19

Watkins

2013: 19 tries from 27
2012: 20 tries from 27
2011: 11 tries from 16

Moon

2013: 15 tries from 28
2012: 11 tries from 19 (for Salford)

Hall

2013: 16 tries from 35
2012: 33 tries from 37
2011: 32 tries from 35

McGuire

2013: 8 tries from 21
2012: 22 tries from 26
2011: 10 tries from 17 + 5 sub

Burrow

2013: 8 tries from 30
2012: 12 tries from 27 + 3 sub
2011: 12 tries from 22 + 12 sub

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: William Eve "If Hall has been superb this season, what was he last season? Or the season before that?'"

He was just as good, if not better last season, just in slightly different ways.
This year he's been outstanding, in my view, in defence and in transition. His kick returns or runs on play 1 or 2 following a kick have really helped get us up field.

G1
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "I think G1 that had you been paying closer attention at matches you would have seen this for yourself.'"
I know you're knocking on a fair bit so maybe it's harder for you to focus on the rugby. I guess that is why you pay so much attention to the statistics, because you can sit back in your shackleton with your illuminated magnifier sipping your horlicks and base your opinions upon those stats.

Now, if we've both finished being condescending towards each other, we clearly have a difference of opinion. You've lept to Moon's defence heroically but you don't appear to have realised that my criticism of Moon was also tempered with some praise.

I can handle that we have different opinions about players. In fact, when my opinion about a player differs from a poster who can often be found defending billy 3 carries I am more than comfortable with that.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg
[quote:1pqtnbtj]Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.[/quote:1pqtnbtj] Kevin Sinfield:982.jpg

Quote: Gotcha "
That so called pass into touch from Moon on Saturday, would have been a try on the other side of the field,'"
In your opinion, which others can judge the value of.

Quote: Gotcha "as BJB wouldn't have been a few metres ahead of where he should have been, which is something Hall has consistently done this year.'"
I don't understand this. BJB would have been a few metres ahead of where he should have been and this guarantees a try? Hall has consistently been a few metres ahead of where he shoudl have been this season?

Is it gibberish or am I missing a wink?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Quote: G1 "In your opinion, which others can judge the value of.

I don't understand this. BJB would have been a few metres ahead of where he should have been and this guarantees a try? Hall has consistently been a few metres ahead of where he shoudl have been this season?

Is it gibberish or am I missing a wink?'"

No you just can't read. No doubt so desperate to post a response and get defensive, that's probably the problem.

Read it again, and it is very clear.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: Juan Cornetto "Look this is sport. Coaches and professional players practice and strive for error free performances with good discipline. Even Champion players fall below their targets sometimes. Our discipline in the last couple of games has been good so looking to make some spooky case based on what came before 2 out of 3 penalties is really scaping the barrel.'"

Is it spooky when it's been a noticeable trait all season even if it's passed the good folk of Opta and some others by?

Opening the book with the first game of the season at Home to Hull

5th minute - Knock-On - Moon from a loose carry
6th minute - Penalty - Bailey - Interference at the Play The Ball

12th minute - Lost possession - Sinfield - poor offload in traffic
13th minute - Penalty - Peacock - Interference at the Play The Ball

V Melbourne in the World CLub Challenge

30th minute - Knock-On - Burrow - I think we can all remember this one
31st minute - Penalty - Delaney - Interference at the Play The Ball

35th minute - Knock-On - Moon - Poor pass selection
35th minute - Penalty - Burrow - Offside at scrum

61st minute - Knock-On - Ward - Poor pass from Sinfield
62nd minute - Penalty - Peacock - Offside at the Play The Ball

V St Helens Away

7th minute - Knock-On - Ward - From an incorrect Play The Ball
7th minute - Penalty - Jones-Buchanan - Interference at the Play The Ball

64th minute - Knock-On - Ablett - From a McShane Pass
65th minute - Penalty - McShane - Interference at the Play The Ball

V Bradford Home

20th minute - Knock-On - McGuire - From a Jones-Buchanan offload
21st minute - Penalty - Jones-Buchanan - Pushing and Not Square at the Play The Ball

62nd minute - Lost possession - Ablett - Ball stolen
62nd minute - Penalty - Ablett - Interference at the Play The Ball

These were just in some of the Sky Leeds games covered before the end of March and if I continued the list the trend would almost certainly continue as it's been a noticeable feature in Leeds game all season and there were still the two instances again in Saturday's game at Warrington. To fail to complete your sets of possession can happen but to then allow that frustration to lead to a further loss in field position and more defensive duties is poor by any standard.

Even when Leeds have a comparative walkover encounter such as the game V London at the Stoop it's still in their armoury - Burrow - Shocker
8th minute - Penalty - Peacock - High tackle

41st minute - Knock-On - Moon - Pass from Sinfield
41st minute - Penalty - ? - Offside

Quote: Juan Cornetto "The match against Warrington was just not to be our day. We came up against a pack that was in better form than ours and whose line speed and PTB was very quick and who were allowed to be offside and mess about in the tackle. We lost most of the 50/50 calls and all this meant they gained the all important momentum which proved decisive in the 2nd half.'"

Warrington out-played Leeds because first and foremost they have a better squad and a much better coach. They have two high quality hookers while Leeds have none with an interchange policy that shares the front-row workload evenly and that doesn't appear to carry spare parts who are given scant minutes after the result is decided. I would have thought ranting at the referee was below your usual standards but if you want to plumb those depths, then carry on.

Quote: Juan Cornetto "With regard to Kirke, I have said on many occassions I am not a big fan and would have dropped him. However the critics are one eyed and for example against Warrington his metres per carry was the 3rd best. I also note the Kirke critics have kept very quiet regarding Bailey's awful lack of go forward which bears repeating. 6 carries for just 19 metres making a bottom of the table 3.17metres per carry. And your friend Kylie just 7 carries and 10 tackles. Come on now!'"

The Kirke critics can answer that one themselves. The Bailey stat looks poor and before the game I was calling for Singleton to retain his starting place after a great showing the week before but obviously the coach (no doubt with your full backing) knows best.

According to Opta?

Quote: Juan Cornetto "I too base my opinion on what I see played on the pitch. However it is useful to be able to back opinion up with facts.'"

Whose facts, are they trustworthy and can they describe the actual incidents that determine a game? They are numbers on a spreadsheet - they are not rugby league.

For example what your 'facts' won't have noticed on Saturday is which player was left on the ground by Westwood as Monaghan (Michael - a genuine hooker) expertly engaged the A defender (Delaney) which caused the B defender (Jones-Buchanan) to sink in on defence which opened a huge gap between the B and C defender (Watkins) which allowed a carthorse such as Grix (Simon) to romp through embarrass Hardaker and score. The kick from Ratchford regained Warrington the lead and they would never lose it again.

The referee could have penalised Leeds at the PTB but chose to play an advantage and Warrington were good enough to seize it. In case you're wondering it was Sinfield and in particular Moon who had failed to control the speed of the PTB that led to the try being scored, unfortunately no amount of searching Opta's so called facts will recognise that.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3043_1291817917.jpg
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3043.jpg

Come on tvoc, you can't put such sensible accurate posts like that on here.

Anyone would think they are on the wrong forum.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg

Quote: tvoc "According to Opta?

Whose facts, are they trustworthy and can they describe the actual incidents that determine a game? They are numbers on a spreadsheet - they are not rugby league.

For example what your 'facts' won't have noticed on Saturday is which player was left on the ground by Westwood as Monaghan (Michael - a genuine hooker) expertly engaged the A defender (Delaney) which caused the B defender (Jones-Buchanan) to sink in on defence which opened a huge gap between the B and C defender (Watkins) which allowed a carthorse such as Grix (Simon) to romp through embarrass Hardaker and score. The kick from Ratchford regained Warrington the lead and they would never lose it again.

The referee could have penalised Leeds at the PTB but chose to play an advantage and Warrington were good enough to seize it. In case you're wondering it was Sinfield and in particular Moon who had failed to control the speed of the PTB that led to the try being scored, unfortunately no amount of searching Opta's so called facts will recognise that.'"

There are other things as well, I mentioned it briefly on another thread when statto was analysing Bailey's contribution by reference to Opta. On Saturday Bailey won posession for us four times by diving on a loose ball, winning a penalty, intercepting a pass and forcing a knock on with a strong challenge.

Again, I'm not sure that is recognised in the stats but taking posession from you opponents four times is very positive contribution.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

Quote: G1 "There are other things as well, I mentioned it briefly on another thread when statto was analysing Bailey's contribution by reference to Opta. On Saturday Bailey won posession for us four times by diving on a loose ball, winning a penalty, intercepting a pass and forcing a knock on with a strong challenge.

Again, I'm not sure that is recognised in the stats but taking posession from you opponents four times is very positive contribution.'"

He was one of few players who managed to secure us field position.

Interesting to see Ben Harrison get sucked in a couple of times again, you'd have thought they'd have learnt Grand Final lessons by now.

G1
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
982.jpg

Quote: thebloodbath "
Interesting to see Ben Harrison get sucked in a couple of times again, you'd have thought they'd have learnt Grand Final lessons by now.'"

Unless you can point to a statistic showing this occuring then I won't accept that it did occurr.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39092.jpg
Ryan Bailey (11/11/83) - The Most Feared Man In Super League The Most Feared Man In Super League (TMFMISL) * Coined by thebloodbath * Inspired by Bailey *:39092.jpg

Quote: G1 "Unless you can point to a statistic showing this occuring then I won't accept that it did occurr.'"

No can do, my opinion was solely based on viewing the game in the real world.

Even if I had a stat burp up my sleeve....I'd leave it there.

Soz.

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1376953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
MattyB
7m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
22m