FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > Why are the playoffs poorly attended ?
76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member22289
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg
:4615.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "If Leeds winning from 5th just the once after years of the top 2 usually winning can cause such a stir imagine the outcry if Wakey had gone to the DW last weekend and somehow managed to pick up the win.'"

Why? They'd still be the outsiders for the title. A team in 8th beating the team in 1st doesn't mean they will also win the next match away from home and a final on neutral territory against a higher seeded opponent so I'm not sure why you've conflated a shock quarter-final result with becoming eventual Champions.

If you're suggesting we don't want an outcry then a simple to understand and follow knock-out format of 1 V 8, 2 V 7 etc is possibly the way to go. No second chances, no weeks off, no arguments on who had the easier path, winner goes through, loser goes on holiday.

What might make the sport look a little silly is a team getting beat in the Play-Offs then winning the Grand-Final two weeks later.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: MjM "Whilst I don't agree with the idea of a straight knockout system (the old top 5 or top 6 should be reinstated), your post does highlight why there is good reason not to run the sport based on exclamations of outrage as posted on rlfans.'"

My preferred option would be Top 6,
3rd vs 6th
4th vs 5th
Top 2 the first week off

However i don't mind the idea of the Top 8, in theory it should work as 'the top 8 teams in SL all trying their hardest and producing their best to reach GF glory'......unfortunately it's usually Leeds, Saints and Wigan with the 4 other teams going out with a whimper UNNECESSARILY and 1 going down with a fight (this year Wakefield). Catalans, Huddersfield and Warrington can all produce much much better than what they did this weekend and in the case of the Giants who had no 2nd chance the fighting spirit was non-existent with the exception of Crabtree, and when the GF is finally a close reality instead of a distant dream it really is unforgivable.

Unfortunately the outrage we see on here is often transferred to the journalists and tv people of RL who will then knock it for wider public to see. That example of Wakey beating Wigan would have left Phil Clarke crying on national tv and demanding Wigan be reinstated to the playoffs and Stevo calling it a 'farce' that we could lose the best team over the year on the first night of the playoffs.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "That example of Wakey beating Wigan would have left Phil Clarke crying on national tv and demanding Wigan be reinstated to the playoffs and Stevo calling it a 'farce' that we could lose the best team over the year on the first night of the playoffs.'"

So the game should be organised in such a way so as not to upset the biggest clubs with the most insular fans?

I always used to think William was on a wind-up but the more you think about it the more accurate his critique becomes.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: tvoc "
Quote: tvoc "If Leeds winning from 5th just the once after years of the top 2 usually winning can cause such a stir imagine the outcry if Wakey had gone to the DW last weekend and somehow managed to pick up the win.'"

Why? They'd still be the outsiders for the title. A team in 8th beating the team in 1st doesn't mean they will also win the next match away from home and a final on neutral territory against a higher seeded opponent so I'm not sure why you've conflated a shock quarter-final result with becoming eventual Champions.

If you're suggesting we don't want an outcry then a simple to understand and follow knock-out format of 1 V 8, 2 V 7 etc is possibly the way to go. No second chances, no weeks off, no arguments on who had the easier path, winner goes through, loser goes on holiday.

What might make the sport look a little silly is a team getting beat in the Play-Offs then winning the Grand-Final two weeks later.'"

When you quoted me you did miss out the part,
Quote: tvoc "Wakey wouldn't even have to go on to win the GF for these boards to go into mega meltdown about how it makes the sport look stupid.'"

So no i never conflated a shock quarter final result with them becoming eventual Champions.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: tvoc "So the game should be organised in such a way so as not to upset the biggest clubs with the most insular fans?

I always used to think William was on a wind-up but the more you think about it the more accurate his critique becomes.'"

Nope again you've only quoted a select part. I said i'm quite happy with a top 8, i'm not one of these wanting it reduced to the same old 4 or 5 teams like several years ago when it use to be Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Bradford and another. It opens up the chances for a Wakey, KR or Castleford to taste playoff football and want more. However if you're going to have a playoff series where the points/wins difference between 1st and 8th can be 16pts/8 wins then simply giving them home advantage isn't a big enough reward especially when we see plenty of games decided by dodgy ref calls. They will come a time in a playoff series when that advantage of a 2nd chance or a week off goes (Warrington vs Leeds last year) but at least that team has won 2 consecutive knock out games first.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "So no i never conflated a shock quarter final result with them becoming eventual Champions.'"

You said Leeds winning from 5th caused a stir, that's where you conflated a relative outsider (having gone to the league leaders and won) with becoming eventual Champions.

I don't see why Wakefield would cause anymore of a stir just by winning a quarter-final tie at Wigan by comparison.

Quote: ThePrinter "Nope again you've only quoted a select part. '"

That's because I've quoted the part I wished to respond to.

Now you may wish to have a go at this part

Try to view it in the context of being an outsider looking in at our sport.

RankPostsTeam
International Star87No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

TVOC mentioned an outsider looking at our sport .If someone asked me to explain how the play-offs worked I would obtain a piece of paper and a pen and say, sit down and make yourself comfortable ,this is going to take quite a while to explain.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: tvoc "You said Leeds winning from 5th caused a stir, that's where you conflated a relative outsider (having gone to the league leaders and won) with becoming eventual Champions.

I don't see why Wakefield would cause anymore of a stir just by winning a quarter-final tie at Wigan by comparison.

That's because I've quoted the part I wished to respond to.

Now you may wish to have a go at this part

The Wakefield scenerio may or may not cause anymore of a stir than the Leeds (we probably will never get the chance to find out) but it will cause one and people will just end up on this merry-go-round of wanting yet another solution to the playoff format.

IT's similar to the mid-season England problem, first people wanted a game, then they got France, then they didn't want France, suggestion of a Exiles game were thrown about to much warmer reception so we got Exiles, then they didn't want Exiles, now we have people suggesting a return of Yorkshire vs Lancashire which was thrown out several years ago as it didn't work.

The same is happening with the playoffs, we had 4, we wanted 5, got 5, wanted 6, then to include more teams we got 8, now the calls are for a return to 5-6, once people are bored of the same bigger clubs after 2-3 seasons they'll want it back up to 8. I'm not even against it from a strong personal view (if that format 1st v 8th is introduced) more that i can see that the merry-go-round would just continue and i'm bored of things constantly changing and a larger number of fans wanting yet something else every other year. I simply spotted that they would be swapping one flawed structure for different one and really what is the point in that.

Losing in the playoffs and winning the GF has happened before, 3 times i believe for Leeds, and it's hardly been a hammer blow. Same as the lower divisions in football when 4th, 5th or 6th can beat 3rd to promotion, that hardly causes a stir. And no, 1st place getting no reward against 8th place in rugby over a single 80 mins isn't the same as 3rd possibly losing to 6th over the course of 2 legs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach34No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

My thoughts:

1. Who ever finishes first should go straight to the Grand Final. Bring a bit of prestige back to coming top of the league, and prevent the likes of Warrington not giving a damn about coming 1st or 2nd in the league (performance/team v London). Also increase the prize money for coming top to give chairmen the incentive to push for 1st. No-one seems to care much so long as they are either 1-4 or 5-8 under the current system, and the lack of prestige over winning the league is ridiculous...

2. The team that comes second is the only team to get a second chance

3. The argument that having 8 teams in the playoffs gives the lower teams something to fight for toward the end of the season doesn't work for me... At present the top 4 or 5 teams have nothing much to fight for toward the end of the season. Therefore reduce down to the top 5 or 6... It was kind of embarrasing for the sport that we won last year, being the best team over the last few weeks, rather than the season - imagine if we'd come 8th in the league and won...

4. Whilst I "get" the need for licences and no relegation, make finishing bottom of the league count against future licence applications - perhaps the only teams that can be considered for ejection from Superleague are those who have finished bottom in the last 3 years - that would really re-introduce the dog fight to avoid finishing bottom at the end of the year...

5. This leaves the bottom 3 clubs fighting to avoid finishing bottom, and the top 6 or 7 battling to come in the top 5 or 6. There's only around 4 teams in positions 11 to 8 with not much to play for toward the end of the season then - but in reality there's at least that many not having meaningful games anyway...

6. Do we consider "bonus" points in the league for nilling opponents, scoring "X" number of tries etc? This would mean games that seem over by half time (ie when one team is 30-0 up) still have a meaning in the second half?

7. Give some lesser incentive to teams that do finish in top 8 but don't make the playoffs. Perhaps enter the Challenge Cup a round later the following season (with increased prize money to offset lost revenue).

RankPostsTeam
International Star1192
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51209_1313399598.gif
Regards , EW:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51209.gif

Just a suggestion ready and willing to be shot down in flames .

26 rounds of League fixtures (13 home , 13 Away)
Top of the pile at the end of this are League Champions . Have always been of the opinion that League winners should be the champions .

Top 8 clubs go forward to a knock out compitition call it what you will
Chance to bring in new / different sponsors 1 v 8 , 2 v 7 , 3 v 6 , 4 v 5 . Then highest qualifier against lowest qualifier . etc.

If we must have the Manchester weekend (I love the concept and have been to them all ) . Have a randon draw for these fixtures to make things fair and the points any club gains this weekend are not added until the League season is over making it a sort of premiminary round to the end of season knock out compitition , top 8 with these points added go through .

I now retreat to a darkened corner waiting for the bullets comming in my direction .

Regards , EW

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
193.jpg
Northampton RL....details here: //www.northamptonrl.co.uk:193.jpg

It's the second chance I don't like. That doesn't bring any intensity. Playoffs need pressure, which needs something significant at stake, which a second chance doesn't give

Like ThePrinter, I'd go top 6. That way one and two get a week off, the top 4 all get a home game, and we don't see any repeat fixtures in the playoffs.

MjM
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
86.jpg
Let all the doubters keep doubting and those who believe keep believing. We’re only interested in those in the bubble. Anyone who wants to come in the bubble, you can come in. But you’ve got to keep believing.:86.jpg

Quote: Richie "It's the second chance I don't like. That doesn't bring any intensity. Playoffs need pressure, which needs something significant at stake, which a second chance doesn't give'"
Second chance worked when it meant qualifying direct for the Grand Final, there was a bit more to play for than merely qualifying for a knockout game that you can qualify for next week against "easier" opposition.

I don't think anyone goes into it without being committed but it must be a thought at the back of your mind that you have that chance.

That said, there were plenty of blowouts in the old system's 1st vs 2nd game though - 1999 and 2008 spring to mind, both of which led to interesting subsequent results ... On the other hand the 2007 game was one of the most brutal and compelling games I've ever seen.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: tvoc "What might make the sport look a little silly is a team getting beat in the Play-Offs then winning the Grand-Final two weeks later.'"

Would this really be that different to a football team losing a group game in the world cup and going on to win the tournament? I don't follow football very closely but haven't heard it said that that particular system makes the sport look silly.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4615.jpg

Quote: Clearwing "Would this really be that different to a football team losing a group game in the world cup and going on to win the tournament? I don't follow football very closely but haven't heard it said that that particular system makes the sport look silly.'"

Unfortunately I don't follow football at all so can't comment on any formats they use generally but in your tournament example I'd imagine the group stage is clearly defined as the precursor to the knock-out phase. You have one - gap - then you start the other. SL should have that with the Regular Rounds - gap - play-offs.

Quote: Clearwing "TVOC mentioned an outsider looking at our sport .If someone asked me to explain how the play-offs worked I would obtain a piece of paper and a pen and say, sit down and make yourself comfortable ,this is going to take quite a while to explain.'"

I'd also open a bottle of wine at the same time as that may become neccessary.

There have been a few examples over the weekend that highlight how confusing our play-off format has become even for those in touch with the game.

1 - After Wigan defeated Les Catalans, Barrie McDermott said to Brian Carney that Les Catalans - 'would now play (if my reckoning is right) either Wakefield or Leeds.' I can only presume he felt the need to drop in the bracketed part because he's confused by the format. Clearly he was because there was no possible scenario that would have sent a victorious Wakefield to the loser of the game he'd just watched. It simply couldn't happen.

2 - The BBC kicked off their Play-Off coverage to the nation with an explanatory graphic that was incorrect. 1 - It had Hull V Huddersfield as EPO 1 and Leeds V Wakefield as EPO 2. 2 - The graphic incorrectly showed in week 2 the Loser of QPO 1 playing the winner of EPO 1 - which if both home teams had won couldnt possibly happen either as the week 2 fixtures depend on highest to lowest rankings. I'd exclude Tanya Arnold's voiceover to the graphic from criticism, as that I think, sounded correct - although obviously the two elements (sound and vision) contradicted each other. Following the graphic week 2 will now see Les Catalans V Hull and Warrington V Leeds ..... really?

3 - On Channel 5 Friday, Eddie Stobart's special projects manager Neale Burdon (preparing for the start of SL 2012 with fifteen trucks being sent to the launch at Old Trafford) stated that last year's Champions were Warrington.

So with elements of the sports two broadcast partners not appearing to understand the format or a representative of the sports title sponsor not grasping the difference between league leaders and Champions what chance is there for an outsider of the sport (and no doubt many within it) understanding the process.

I've always thought of League as the simple version of rugby - one you could explain the basics of quite quickly and that allows novices to watch or indeed play the game quite quickly. The play-off format flies in the face of that and is a nightmare to get across and within no time I find myself starting to question my own understanding of it.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Clearwing "Would this really be that different to a football team losing a group game in the world cup and going on to win the tournament? I don't follow football very closely but haven't heard it said that that particular system makes the sport look silly.'"

When Spain won the 2010 World Cup they did lose their opening group game against the might of Swizterland 1-0, still didn't do them or the sport much harm really having the top team beaten just a few games earlier by a team probably ranked around 20-30 places lower than them at a neutral venue. Compared with that, 2nd place Leeds losing at Knowsley Road against 1st placed Saints but then beating them on a neutral venue a couple of weeks later isn't so bad.

As for the thinking by some about 2nd chance matches being the problem and the previous lazy half-a-story listing of attendences this year compared to last may i point out that in,
2011 - Wigan beat Catalans in a lose and you're out match 44-0, Att; 6,790
2012 - Wigan beat Catalans in a 'meaningless' loser gets a 2nd chance match 46-6, Att; 7,232

76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.87890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
9m
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
12m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
13m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
15m
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
15m
Whitehaven
BackSeatCoac
41m
Max
PopTart
Recent
Hull KR H
MattyB
Recent
Shopping list for 2025
weaver93
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Wolves
Deeeekos
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
26s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
33s
Shopping list for 2025
weaver93
46s
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
50s
Film game
Boss Hog
50s
Play offs
newcat
56s
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
1m
Lee Briers joins St Helens coaching staff
Deus Dat Inc
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,235 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20