JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: McLaren_Field "But you think you could, and do it quite well, with more success in the next ten years than we've had in the last ?'"

That's not my job. I can, however, make suggestions having paid to enable those who do that job professionally.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4934
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40515_1330766741.jpg
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you! - Winston Churchill:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40515.jpg

Well done to Warrington on a deserved victory and credit for adventurous attacking play.

IMO they won the game because they successfully marked Burrow and Sinfield (not at his best) out of the game in addition to slowing down our PTB while not allowing the Leeds defence to do the same to them. We also missed McGuire.

These factors and our silly lack of discipline spell (led by Bailey) which allowed them momentum at a crucial period were the main reasons for our defeat.

That said our 1st half performance had confounded the critics as we were well in the game. However when Sinfield chose to take the 2 points rather than try for 6, it sent out a negative message.

Despite his age JP still put in another big performance - shame some of his fellow forwards couldn´t put us on the front foot though. Without making the metres down the middle our backs never had much chance. We didn't look balanced when Lunt was on the field.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/jack.jpg
A well rested Giants side will rip it up in the playoffs. - Wigsey - 15/07/13:Others/jack.jpg

Quote: WireWireWire "Delaneys try was not 50-50, Brett knocked on but Luelai clearly knocks it forward before Delaney picked up. The briers knock on went back and then bounced forward.'"

It wasnt clear that Kylie knocked it forward in fact the replays were inconclusive as far as I could see. Briers lost control of the ball it hits the turf and bounces forward.

Whats your take on Briers obstruction towards the end of the first half, professional foul? Sin bin offence?

Its all academic of course, enjoy your teams achievement eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

<insert witty comment when applicable>:

Quote: Hacked Off "It wasnt clear that Kylie knocked it forward in fact the replays were inconclusive as far as I could see. Briers lost control of the ball it hits the turf and bounces forward.

Whats your take on Briers obstruction towards the end of the first half, professional foul? Sin bin offence?

Its all academic of course, enjoy your teams achievement
I'd say it was blindingly obvious the Kylie knocked the ball forward - and knew what he was doing (completely separate movement from the tackle).

The ball went backwards off Briers - replays proved it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/jack.jpg
A well rested Giants side will rip it up in the playoffs. - Wigsey - 15/07/13:Others/jack.jpg

Quote: Gaz_E "I'd say it was blindingly obvious the Kylie knocked the ball forward - and knew what he was doing (completely separate movement from the tackle).

The ball went backwards off Briers - replays proved it.'"

Fair dos. Kylie knocks it forward.......why was play restarted the way it was? Whats your take on the blatent obstruction by Briers?

RankPostsTeam
International Star29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Didn't McIlorum get sent off for Wigan a few weeks ago for cracking someone, not even a sinbin for Wood.
The main problem we still have in super league is the inconsistency with refs.

We were never gonna get anything from Silverwood in the first place anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Having spent 6hrs driving over 200 quid on tickets and petrol my first reaction is dissopointment. For me we were very poor in the second half.

I do think the Delaney incident was 50/50. And if it had gone in our favour would have been a different game. The tackle was right in front of me and was a cracking hit.

JP seemed to play well to me, but regardless of ref decisions the right team won. By far better than us. We did seem devoid of ideas in attack and shakey in defence. But you can't win everything, and all you can say is well done Warrington deserved to win

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach24133
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11400_1493633977.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11400.gif

no gameplan, inbalanced side, and an aging pack. we were outplayed for large parts of the game. silverwood should be embarressed by his display but it wouldn't have affected the result.
the decision to give kylie another deal looks stranger all the time. been a great player but its time to move on. JP had a big game but they are become rarer and rarer. griffin is average at best as is big. we don't have a top class prop at the club. wolves props were awesome today and set the game up for briers to run.
our 2nd rowers are all footballers, theres no real aggression in there. i felt sorry for the backs coming off there line time and again.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16256
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10289_1326111229.png
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019 League Leaders 2011 2016:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10289.png

My booty was twitching through the first half, at half time I had a nasty feeling we were going to lose, I didn't want it to be a close game.

I take the points Leeds fans are making about the video ref decision as a turning point but it didn't have to be...in days of old (and in Grand Finals) that wouldn't have been a turning point, it was only a turning point because Leeds folded afterwards and once Warrington got on the front foot Leeds discipline started to go (especially Bailey) and we got a load of free penalties. Warrington are a team that scores tries in runs, and the three back to back decided the game. If Leeds had had a bit more composure and toughness today and stopped the rot to take stock after Riley's try.

Peacock was good, Sinfield tried his best but I didn't think Leeds really had anybody that really shone. I agree with the comments on here that Leeds are light up front, it reminds me of the era in the early 2000s when Leeds had a lot of talent in the backs but were short of artillery when it came to facing a big forward pack (also the downfall in 2006).

It will be a shame if all these Leeds greats end their careers without a Challenge Cup winners medal.

As in 2010 I found the Leeds fans that I spoke to on the way back on the train to be gracious in defeat and realistic in their assessment, but people only post about other clubs fans on here if they have bad stories to report.

Good luck for the rest of the season to Leeds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach489No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/jack.jpg

Quote: sally cinnamon "My booty was twitching through the first half, at half time I had a nasty feeling we were going to lose, I didn't want it to be a close game.

I take the points Leeds fans are making about the video ref decision as a turning point but it didn't have to be...in days of old (and in Grand Finals) that wouldn't have been a turning point, it was only a turning point because Leeds folded afterwards and once Warrington got on the front foot Leeds discipline started to go (especially Bailey) and we got a load of free penalties. Warrington are a team that scores tries in runs, and the three back to back decided the game. If Leeds had had a bit more composure and toughness today and stopped the rot to take stock after Riley's try.

Peacock was good, Sinfield tried his best but I didn't think Leeds really had anybody that really shone. I agree with the comments on here that Leeds are light up front, it reminds me of the era in the early 2000s when Leeds had a lot of talent in the backs but were short of artillery when it came to facing a big forward pack (also the downfall in 2006).

It will be a shame if all these Leeds greats end their careers without a Challenge Cup winners medal.

As in 2010 I found the Leeds fans that I spoke to on the way back on the train to be gracious in defeat and realistic in their assessment, but people only post about other clubs fans on here if they have bad stories to report.

Good luck for the rest of the season to Leeds.'"

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck to you too, enjoy your deservd in eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Delaney try was correctly ruled out as Leuluai knocks on, bit unlucky on the guy after such a great hit as i don't think he tried going for the ball and more accidental but he does knock it forward.
The Briers one, well usually a player's reaction tells the story and as he layed on the ground watching the ball roll away i think he believed he knocked on.

Whether you think these decisions are right or wrong, especially the latter, Silverwood isn't to blame for the Leeds players letting their heads drop for the next 20 mins afterwards. It's a shame for RL really because at half-time it looked like we could be in for a nail biting close finish, i still unfortunately think Wire would of won regardless as their attack in the final 20m was so much better than ours but it had the potential for a classic second half and we missed out on that.

I have heard some already saying it was a comfortable victory for Warrington and that Leeds were really poor which i think is harsh and wrong. Up until Delaney's try was ruled out i think we gave them a good scare and it was a very close fight although if you were marking it on points like a boxing match i would say Wire won the first half but it definately didn't look like a 17 point difference game at the time that it ended up being.

Credit to the guys for showing a bit of fight at the end because the scoreline could of got out of control and embarrassing at the end, just keep thinking back to when we took an 8-6 lead and we had momentum and the Leeds fans were making the noise and Wire started commiting a few errors as the rain came, Hall tackled Hodgson a yard from his own goalline and we let them off with a cheap offside penalty followed by Griffin's high tackle followed by Waterhouse's try and from 8-6 up and with the momentum and field position we very very cheaply let them go 12-8 ahead. That possibly just as crucial as the 2 incidents at the start of the 2nd half as we could've penned them back then and maybe got a try with following good field position a 14-6 halftime lead was a possiblity.

As for individuals, i'm expecting some fans of other teams to say Sinfield was rubbish but it did really seem like all the responsibility was on his shoulders as far as playmaking duties were concerned and lacked help and McGuire was badly missed and can only guess that Burrow's calf is why we didn't see him share a bit more of the kicking duties that he's done so well at in some of our GF successes. It's a shame that again we fail to get Watkins involved enough in attack, his 2 tries all too late and i thought Ward and especially Keinhorst unfortunately looked nervous. The big difference between the 2 teams were the dummy runners on the fringes, in attack we had none, whilst in defense we couldn't cope with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach535No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15357.gif
Visit my shop/cafe in Otley: Heebies Coffee House and Gifts 13 Boroughgate Otley, LS21 3AG www.heebiesotley.co.uk www.facebook.com/heebiesotley:15357.gif

We had an awful second half.. Simple as... No excuses. The 50/50 "try" was not a try... We DID knock it on, so did wire, if in any other game the oposition recovers a knock on it is play on.. Unless THEY knock on.. Then it is a scrum to the oposition.

The ref wasnt great... For both sides. the only real bad call was the briers clear knock on... We still wouldnt have scored.

Well done Warrington. Deserved Win. I just hope this Leeds team can get a winners ring for thr CC... we have some great players and it would be a shame for the sport if one of Leeds' greatest teams misses out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1521No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

After seeing the weather forecast, I wanted to bet Leeds on the outright, but seeing a lack of pre-match rain and more importantly, Sinfield at hb, I did'nt bother. Sinfield sees the game an awful lot better at loose forward, than he does at hb. Feel Leeds lost the game in his 1st choice 13. Ward ( really like the look of him), Burrow, Lunt and Sinfield at 6,7,9 and 13, would have been my choice. And as for Bailey................. dear god.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

No matter what the Ref decides IF we stay composed and strong on our line ala GF's his calls become irrellevant.
I agree with Tad the pack needs an over-haul and not just Achurch to arrive either.
The best side won but with our outside backs so young we have something to build on as long as the old guard are moved on and we finally get a defensive structure we are capable of sticking to for more than 5 games a year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7098.jpg
[quote="G1":1x8x7ghm]Nice one Andy. You articulated a differing opinion given reasons and substance. There's really no place for the likes of you on Substandard. :wink:[/quote:1x8x7ghm]:7098.jpg

I thought the Briers knock on was a terrible decision. I said to my sister after 20 minutes we'd had the rub of green and would probably suffer for it later on which I think we did. I'd love to see the difference between the offside penalty on the first tackle when we tackled Hodgson on the goal line in the first half and the one where Hardaker was trapped in goal in the second.

Having said all that, the way Warrington controlled possession and were clinical after the Briers "knock on" was fantastic. It was like the Grand Final from last year but they just had a little bit more quality to finish us off. A well deserved win.

96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.33154296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights game v Giants
Uncle Rico
47m
July games
Trojan Horse
47m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Reaper
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
Recent
Leigh h
Wigan Peer
Recent
Accountability
Hangerman2
Recent
Salford - Away
Marcus's Bic
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
Recent
Where are the away fans
The Phantom
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Murphy on his way then
Trojan Horse
2m
Where are the away fans
The Phantom
3m
Round 16 London Home
The Biffs Ba
3m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
4m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
4m
Woeful performance against London
ploinerrhino
4m
WHO IS NEXT
gym bunny 1
6m
Accountability
Hangerman2
7m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Home
Uncle Rico
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
FoxyRhino
TODAY
Where are the away fans
The Phantom
TODAY
Salford Hold On To Beat Unlucky Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Rate My Takeaway
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Woeful performance against London
ploinerrhino
TODAY
Accountability
Hangerman2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
Philbetter
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
Uncle Rico
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
The Biffs Ba
TODAY
Leeds
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
Marcus's Bic
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,726 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
CH 14 Toulouse12-12Bradford
WSL2024 7 LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10